Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2022, 00:27   #2836
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_sax View Post
Can you please share any installation details or pictures ?, I did a few hours of night drive recently with the city and found it slightly inadequate at higher speeds.

)
I was never happy with the oem fog lamps on the city, the headights on the ZX are ok. Will try and click some pics in the night and post for your refrence, have not been using the car presently. The stock coupler was not a direct fit and since no conpromise is made on the wiring of any of our cars, got a separate wiring harness installed for the fog lamps and taped up the oem coupler inside the bumper. The effect of these fogs is so intense that in high beam they blind oncoming traffic completely! The light throw in low beam is superb.

Cheers
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 02:53   #2837
BHPian

Hello Guys,
Mine is a CVT and I want to vaccum my car and. check the tyre pressure every month and I don't want to visit any garage for this. I hav a honda tyre inflator and an after market vaccum cleaner wit .me. while in açcessory mode, belive using inflator and vacuum will discharge the battery sooner, so I wanted to keep the engine running.
Without pressing the break pedal, if I start the engine twice, everything looks like the ignition is on, but the rpm metre is still 0. Honda connect app too says engine is on. Is this expected and if yes, is it running on battery or consuming fuel ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 29th December 2022, 08:34   #2838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCraze View Post
Hello Guys,
Mine is a CVT and I want to vaccum my car and. check the tyre pressure every month and I don't want to visit any garage for this. I hav a honda tyre inflator and an after market vaccum cleaner wit .me. while in açcessory mode, belive using inflator and vacuum will discharge the battery sooner, so I wanted to keep the engine running.
Without pressing the break pedal, if I start the engine twice, everything looks like the ignition is on, but the rpm metre is still 0. Honda connect app too says engine is on. Is this expected and if yes, is it running on battery or consuming fuel ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Start the engine with the brake pedal pressed, keep the gear in P position while vacuuming or running the inflator. The ignition is technically on, but the engine is not, in accessory mode and it drains battery.
avira_tk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 16:03   #2839
BHPian

Completed 1000 kms in my City and got the 1st service done day before. Drive has been smooth with Conti 195/55 tyres. Car is easy to drive in both city and highways, got used to the length quickly. Ergonomics are good so switch from Alto didn't pose a challenge. Still learning to park in tight spots. Hope the experience will be fuss free for long which Honda City is known for.
While Honda City brochure shows front parking sensor as an accessory, none of the dealers seem to have it. Any recommended shop / brand for this ?
Thanks
AravBS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 16:19   #2840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravBS View Post
While Honda City brochure shows front parking sensor as an accessory, none of the dealers seem to have it. Any recommended shop / brand for this ?
Thanks
Hi arav, I too wanted to get front parking sensors but none of the ASCs are providing it as of now. Initially they used to fix it on request but once after march 2022 they stopped it saying there are lots of complaints or issues.
Only way is going after market but it may void warranty.
Old 29th December 2022, 16:25   #2841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
I was never happy with the oem fog lamps on the city, the headights on the ZX are ok
Please provide the link where i can buy and pictures of high and low beam will be helpful. I own zx but light throw is never adequate on highways. Is there any extra wiring required? Are the higher wattage fogs going to affect battery or wiring on long run(sorry I don’t know much about electronics)
Thanks in advance
Old 29th December 2022, 18:36   #2842
BHPian

Congratulations on your buy! Wish you many more (s)miles with this.

Quote:
Dealership experience. It was average at the best. Maruti had a lot of young people and they wanted to please once entered the showroom.
To be honest, dealership experience with Honda has been a little underwhelming. I was keen on buying a City in 2016 but ended up buying a Vento as the dealership (in Pune) was indifferent towards my requests. As against that, VW was spot on & were eager to create a good impression.

Very recently, I wanted to buy a Jazz but once again was put off as the overall attitude of the dealership staff was more like "buy it if you want, else we dont care" (in Mumbai). As against that, VW dealership (once again) ticked all the right boxes. Honda seriously needs to train their dealers to have better customer interactions.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 19:42   #2843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Please provide the link where i can buy and pictures of high and low beam will be helpful. I own zx but light throw is never adequate on highways. Is there any extra wiring required? Are the higher wattage fogs going to affect battery or wiring on long run(sorry I don’t know much about electronics)
Thanks in advance
It will not be fair to not share the photos or atleast try to do so since the effects are so brilliant, hence i took out the city today in the evening and tried to click pictures in the real world scenario of only the fogs in low beam, as i could not find a empty un lit stretch of road for the high beam. I did not
Want to flip on the high beams on running traffic as i myself detest people blinding others with high beams.

Both the pictures attached are of only the fogs in low beams, kindly pardon the resolution and picture quality, but one can make out the intensity and focus.

Regarding your question about links for the same, you may google Aozoom lights india, they have an office in Delhi, someone there can probably guide you for dealers near your area.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-8afd0e24dcbe49e3b70590d7f60d8f37.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-5986142ca24447a19e5c46e97c277013.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 22:07   #2844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_vwagner View Post
. As against that, VW was spot on & were eager to create a good impression.
Exactly my opinion on VW too when I enquired about Virtus. They kept following with me until I took delivery of my City whereas Honda SA had called only for finishing the formalities.
CarCraze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 09:18   #2845
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly my opinion on VW too when I enquired about Virtus. They kept following with me until I took delivery of my City whereas Honda SA had called only for finishing the formalities.
Honda knows that with the City, they have an amazing product and it sells itself without them or their dealers having to break any sweat which is why this "chalta hain" attitude has stemmed into the dealers.

As you mentioned in your post, MSIL; Hyundai; VW; Skoda; Toyota dealers are on their toes always but Honda dealers are generally like "if not you, someone else will buy our car". It's really sad to see this attitude from one of the world's most loved car companies.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 10:20   #2846
BHPian

I think it depends on the the individuals. I had not so great experience in one of the Honda dealership. However another branch of same dealer in the same city has given me an excellent experience. It was more professional compared to Maruti. I have experience of Maruti, Toyota, Honda and Ford so far. I would rate the Honda experience is the best among these so far. So It's all about the individuals and the leader at a specific branch makes the difference according to me.
blorebuddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 15:05   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
I was never happy with the oem fog lamps on the city, the headights on the ZX are ok. Will try and click some pics in the night and post for your refrence, have not been using the car presently. The stock coupler was not a direct fit and since no conpromise is made on the wiring of any of our cars, got a separate wiring harness installed for the fog lamps and taped up the oem coupler inside the bumper. The effect of these fogs is so intense that in high beam they blind oncoming traffic completely! The light throw in low beam is superb.

Cheers
Quote:
It will not be fair to not share the photos or atleast try to do so since the effects are so brilliant, hence i took out the city today in the evening and tried to click pictures in the real world scenario of only the fogs in low beam, as i could not find a empty un lit stretch of road for the high beam. I did not
Want to flip on the high beams on running traffic as i myself detest people blinding others with high beams.

Both the pictures attached are of only the fogs in low beams, kindly pardon the resolution and picture quality, but one can make out the intensity and focus.

Regarding your question about links for the same, you may google Aozoom lights india, they have an office in Delhi, someone there can probably guide you for dealers near your area.
Hi
Could you pls tell from where did you get the RS kit ? AlsoI believe you only upgraded the fog lamps .. Could you share the brand and the cost details ? Any wire cutting needed ?
Old 2nd January 2023, 00:05   #2848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatr View Post
Hi
Could you pls tell from where did you get the RS kit ? AlsoI believe you only upgraded the fog lamps .. Could you share the brand and the cost details ? Any wire cutting needed ?
Got the Rs kit in delhi its readily availble at most accessory shops, cost was 12 k for the front 2.5 k for rear diffuser. Fog lamps were Aozoom bi xenons, cost was 17k for a pair, similar cost effective brand is Iph M 617 bi xenons which i have on my fortuner. However the Aozoom fogs are far better in terms of throw and focus. Separate wire harness was used for the fogs in the city, the high beam flasher was connected to the high beam oem wire using scotch lock wire connectors.

Cheers
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 01:51   #2849
LJO

Hi there, I am a fresher on the forum.
Let me share my overwhelming experience of the honda city 5th gen:
Bought in Feb'22 (2nd hand, initially bought in Jan'21) city vx-mt with an odo reading of 10k kms, absolutely raw and well maintained therefore went for it (checked all company records before buying). Did a thorough inspection, ran it for about 40 to 50 kms and we decided to go for it in a couple of days.
Driven about 20k kms since then on the stock bridgestone ecopia tyres and had an unconsistent yet a beautiful experience so far. Driven partially on highways/expressways and partially in city. I had a honda city zx vtec (2008 model) type 3 (10th anniversary) which in itself was a great luxury feeling car which I ran for 14 years with an odo reading of 1.25L kms. Sold it in Jan'22 and switched to this beauty and yes, it was the best decision I could have taken. Considering my requirements I had no option but to go for this category i.e., Sedan. My experience with honda has been good - the service center experience, safety of the car (will share how), mileage, comfort etc has made it all great.
Service at 20,000 kms was done in 3,800 rupees (air filter, oil filter, mineral engine oil <not my choice>, tyre rotation, brake cleaning, cleaning of cabin filter, some little things which were only marketing gimmick), honda mistakenly added mineral engine oil whereas i asked for the synthetic 2.0 engine oil. Service at 30,000 kms will be done latest by Feb'23 and I will share my experience post that.
Also, under warranty I got changed my clutch switches which were creating some noise when I pressed or released the clutch. I will continue some things related to my experience in my next thread (which are extremely interesting)
For now will share some of my city's (vx) upgrades:
1. Nippon LED in low beam - 60w each 6000 kelvin
2. Nippon LED high beam - 60w each 6000 kelvin
3. Philips 16W Led Fog lamps - 6000 kelvin
4. Pair of aries component speakers in front doors
Rest, most of the accessories/mods I went through were from Honda itself - scuff plates (best of the lot), black honda leatherette seat covers, front lip chrome garnish, fog lamp chrome garnish, window chrome garnish, mats, door guards, bumper protectors, visor, pillows, neck cushin from af, screen guard for the stereo, ghost light, boot mat, local chrome door handles)
I will be consistently sharing my experiences with my fam here, for now just enjoy the pics attached.
Drive safe and responsibly!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20221218_104630.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20221204_143630.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220326_181351.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220811_232247.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220812_205447.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220806_142518.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220806_163414.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220806_163421.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220806_164255.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220807_163426.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220812_170855.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220812_201222.jpg  

LJO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 02:33   #2850
Senior - BHPian

Great reading about your experience and the fun you have had with your upgrade.

There is no doubt about the Honda City and the sales numbers show the same.

Nice upgrades too. Did you get the fog light upgrade done at the Dealer, What about warranty issues because I was told the warranty on electrical will be void if anything is changed.

Are these Philips LED fog lamps original dealer fitment and is warranty not impacted by these changes.

Please share some pictures of the Fog lamps. Did you change the entire assembly or just the LED bulbs.

Enjoy your car, It's a wonderful machine.

Last edited by Traveler : 2nd January 2023 at 02:35.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks