Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2023, 17:21   #2866
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Hi,

Has anyone bought Permagard services for exterior coating from Honda Service centers?

They seem to be like an alternative to Ceramic/ graphene coatings with a longer protection. However the warranty provided by them looks promising.

Trying to get more information from the Service advisor on this.
Old 29th January 2023, 09:19   #2867
BHPian

Hi,
I'm facing something weird with the Honda Connect app for my City 5G.
It has stopped logging any trips after 17th Jan. That's when the last trip has been logged by app, and no other drives I've taken show up from after that. I even deleted some old trips, but nothing new comes up.
Everything else works fine, including the location map that shows where the car is, etc.

Anyone faced the same?
LordSpymaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 09:23   #2868

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCraze View Post
I too have not so good experience with Capital Honda (though its OMR branch for me). The service guys didn't treat my car good and left with scratches, yet they don't accept that its their mistake. I am also trying to find a good service center. Let this forum know if you find one good enough and also if you get any response for your mails to Honda
I have got my car serviced from Sundaram Honda and Olympia Honda too in the past. Was not satisfied/happy with Olympia Honda due to similar problems I faced with Capital Honda. No complaints with Sundaram Honda so planned to leave it with them here on, but it's a little far from my place.

Also Honda and the dealership have not changed their stand regarding the brake pad wear. They have closed the matter stating normal wear. The dealership is still searching for the Job card to find out the brake pad thickness during the 20k service. Pretty sure they're never gonna find it. They have asked me to leave the car for a day to fix the bonnet play and repaint the bumper. Will be leaving the car for that sometime next week.
the_autopsyche is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 09:33   #2869
BHPian

Yrs. Even I faced the issue with My trips and raised a complaint. I was told this is known issue and they have been checking if issue is with service providers or the app itself. I got the issue solved after 2 days of complaint. The trips were updated with the past dates too
CarCraze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 09:58   #2870

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
Hi,
I'm facing something weird with the Honda Connect app for my City 5G.

Anyone faced the same?
Yes for the last couple of days the alerts from the Connect app on Car Ignition on and off, has been delayed for me. Last night I was trying the way to my parked car in a huge open parking lot and I wasn't able to get it to work. Restarting the app, only gave me an internal server error message.

I just checked my trip logs and trips between 18 and 27th Jan hasn't been logged but one of my multiple trips from last night has been logged. Seems like a server side issue with Honda Connect infra.
vikramhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 10:05   #2871
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Anyone faced the same?
I just checked and its not working for me as well.
Last recorded trip on 16th.
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 19:58   #2872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCraze View Post
I got the issue solved after 2 days of complaint. The trips were updated with the past dates too
Where did you complain? Any email ID or portal?
Old 29th January 2023, 21:21   #2873
BHPian

Quote:
Where did you complain? Any email ID or portal?
You can do it in the app itself. Click on 'help' in the left bottom of the home page and then click ' Request call back'. You can give the details and they will call you back soon ( within 30 mins). Please note that you will get a call from a number which is marked spam by Truecaller

An update on my issue: even though my old trips has come up now, but new trips are still not showing up.

Last edited by CarCraze : 29th January 2023 at 21:33. Reason: Typo error
CarCraze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 15:15   #2874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
I am in process of shortlisting City CVT, could you please let me know how it performed in the descent from Kolli hills as it has nearly 70 hairpin bends.

In general for automatics how we are supposed to take care of Descent's to avoid breaks from overheating, for manual's I use Gears to reduce speed. Not sure how it is done here.
In the 5th gen city, all you have to do is shift to S-sports mode, and keep down-shifting or up-shifting with the paddle shifters till you achieve the desired engine braking speed. Out of all the cars I've owned, the City CVT has been the best for the descent from steep hills and ghats with minimum use of brakes.
bijuiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 19:34   #2875
BHPian

Any idea on how the honda app calculates the mileage at the end of every month? Does it automatically derive based on the fuel from the tank?
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230203193140.png  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th February 2023 at 08:11. Reason: derives > derive
Old 6th February 2023, 23:56   #2876
BHPian

Hi all,

I recently got my 3rd free service done, the SA mentioned before hand that they will not be doing water wash, as it has now been banned at the service centers. They seem to have just scrubbed my car clean, apparently without using any water and the under body was not cleaned at all. When inquired why the undebody is still dirty, the SA told the same thing again, that they are not doing water service or washing at service centers anymore and hence they wont be cleaning the underbody and also stated that none of the other companies vw/tata etc are allowed to do water wash to vehicles in service centers anymore.

Is it the same for everyone? Especially in Bangalore?
Old 7th February 2023, 07:21   #2877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3t4ph0r1c View Post
Hi all,

I recently got my 3rd free service done, the SA mentioned before hand that they will not be doing water wash, as it has now been banned at the service centers. They seem to have just scrubbed my car clean, apparently without using any water and the under body was not cleaned at all. When inquired why the undebody is still dirty, the SA told the same thing again, that they are not doing water service or washing at service centers anymore and hence they wont be cleaning the underbody and also stated that none of the other companies vw/tata etc are allowed to do water wash to vehicles in service centers anymore.

Is it the same for everyone? Especially in Bangalore?
There is a restriction on service centers put in place my the pollution control board,I've seen a notice to that effect at the Kia Service center in Hosur Road.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 08:17   #2878
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a reason why Honda City is known as the King of Sedans (C2)- Here it is!

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-capture.jpg

Source: Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th February 2023 at 08:19.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 11:55   #2879
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
There is a reason why Honda City is known as the King of Sedans (C2)
But look at the brilliant strategy of VAG! They have a single car which is tweaked to look as two and the combined sales is more than Honda City.
The Rationalist is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 12:15   #2880
BHPian

I had parked car in basement and the leaky ceiling caused multiple white spots on the bonnet of grey colour honda city. It was looking horrible, i had recently done ceramic coat though it didn’t help to prevent it much.
Tried multiple ways
Tried washing with shampoo - no use
Tried traditional lemon method - 2 lemons wasted and slightly it reduced
Finally read about it and researched online found it to be calcium carbonate or some alkaline deposit which will go with acid( so lemon helps as its citric acid)
Finally my own DIY - used lysol as we use it for bathroom scaling and it worked like charm. Sorry didn’t click post effect photo as I already had wasted 1 hour of my Sunday on this mark but it has reduced almost 90%. Mostly one car wash with polishing will do the final job.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-062a4efd56064fce9c6d2338a8d8be61.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-608f5250596e464288d3c0213b40c7ec.jpeg  

Most Viewed