Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2023, 08:51   #2896
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Dear all, if one has to mandatorily take accessories from dealer itself of 5-10k, which ones would you recommend. Front sensors I am not sure, are they really useful given car is not that big like SUVs? Any others. How is Honda genuine car cover quality?

Cheers
Old 17th February 2023, 09:57   #2897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy View Post
Dear all, if one has to mandatorily take accessories from dealer itself of 5-10k, which ones would you recommend. Front sensors I am not sure, are they really useful given car is not that big like SUVs? Any others. How is Honda genuine car cover quality?

Cheers
I ended up getting the boot mat, door protectors, front and rear bumper corner protectors (essentials). These in addition to a tail lamp and boot chrome garnish. IIRC this came to around 12K. I did not feel the car cover was worth it

Revverend
revverend is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 10:31   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revverend View Post
I ended up getting the boot mat, door protectors, front and rear bumper corner protectors (essentials). These in addition to a tail lamp and boot chrome garnish. IIRC this came to around 12K. I did not feel the car cover was worth it

Revverend
Thanks.

Also is it advisable to take 5 year extended warranty? My usage is not much and Honda is generally reliable so wondering..
Old 17th February 2023, 12:39   #2899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Front sensors - useful as overhang is bit more. I took front sensors and underbody coating from dealer.
I did not like Honda seat covers especially after seeing top Z variant factory seat cover. I have V variant without seat cover. I clean once in 6 months using Dazlo Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner (available on Amazon).

Quote:
Thanks.

Also is it advisable to take 5 year extended warranty? My usage is not much and Honda is generally reliable so wondering..
3 year warranty is standard. You can take 2 years additional warranty by paying around 14-15K. You can extend it later if required.

Last edited by Latheesh : 17th February 2023 at 12:41.
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 12:48   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

I, as a principle, take maximum extended warranty for all car and bike purchases. Specifically, given my City is a CVT version, it made all the more sense to take the extended warranty.

As a side note, Honda service costs are fairly reasonable and I intend to stick to ASC post expiry of standard warranty, for peace of mind. An extended warranty is very helpful in this case where you stick to ASC as there will be no bottlenecks in case of a claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Front sensors - useful as overhang is bit more. I took front sensors and underbody coating from dealer.
I did not like Honda ....

Front sensors have been discontinued as an OEM accessory. This is what was communicated to me at the time of purchase in Jun 2022. This could be due to the humungous effort required in tearing down the dashboard for electrical fitment

Last edited by Sheel : 17th February 2023 at 13:31. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
revverend is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 15:27   #2901
BHPian

Is the Honda City now available with wireless android auto and apple carplay ? I have just now checked the website and it tells that we can connect it wirlessly. Or is it for bluetooth ?

Here is the image:The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230217_032200.png

Last edited by MotorDev : 17th February 2023 at 15:36.
Old 17th February 2023, 17:46   #2902
BHPian

So a Honda rep called me today randomly and said that my RSA card has arrived, and I should come to pick it up.

I never bought the RSA lol, so kept the phone.
Old 17th February 2023, 18:04   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
So a Honda rep called me today randomly and said that my RSA card has arrived, and I should come to pick it up
Seems like scamsters have got hold of a Honda RSA client database.

I got a similar call last week and I told the chap unknowingly that I’ll collect the card from the showroom. He asked me to pay 3.5k INR and that’s when I got suspicious as RSA was included when I bought my car.
Old 17th February 2023, 18:55   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
So a Honda rep called me today randomly and said that my RSA card has arrived, and I should come to pick it up.

I never bought the RSA lol, so kept the phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellip5i5 View Post
Seems like scamsters have got hold of a Honda RSA client database.

I got a similar call last week and I told the chap unknowingly that I’ll collect the card from the showroom. He asked me to pay 3.5k INR and that’s when I got suspicious as RSA was included when I bought my car.

Remember there is a thread reported for the same activity. Be careful guys. Incidentally the call is for a Honda RSA

I was scammed by a Road Side Assistance fraud | Scammers mentally harassed me as well
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 12:42   #2905
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all, if one has to mandatorily take accessories from dealer itself of 5-10k...
Why is it mandatory to take accessories worth any amount?

Are they saying they won't do the sale unless you agree to buy the accessories?
If so, do scout for better dealers.

Also, if I may ask, which variant are you considering?
Old 18th February 2023, 13:44   #2906
BHPian

The honda city facelift has leaked online: Here are the pics:

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_010207.png

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_010300.png

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_010319.png

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_010330.png

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_010425.png

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_011426.pngzx

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_011440.pngvx

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_011450.pngv

Last edited by MotorDev : 18th February 2023 at 14:07.
MotorDev is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 14:46   #2907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
Well if there is one word to describe this, it would be: bland.

Somehow feel the earlier one was better. Even the audio head unit seems to be the same - so that’s a bit of a shame.

The new Verna (yet to be launched) seems to have stolen a march over the Honda city at least when it comes to the exterior design. Post the gen3, the city design seems to have gone backwards.

Last edited by mayjay : 18th February 2023 at 14:50.
Old 18th February 2023, 14:50   #2908
BHPian

Well I hope they've found a new supplier for the rear camera module. If they are serious about customer feedback, this really has to be corrected.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 15:17   #2909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
Does not look like actual car. Seems someone rendered these images. It is too similar to current car.
Old 18th February 2023, 15:46   #2910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learner View Post
Does not look like actual car. Seems someone rendered these images. It is too similar to current car.
Its the actual car. Got it from website. Another interesting thing I saw yesterday was it mentioned connect your Apple and Android phones wirelessly. I don't
think its for bluetooth. HERE IS THE PIC:
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230217_032200.png

They have removed the facelifted car and have brought back the non facelift car in the website. I'm sure these pics are accurate. I did a vr experience in the website too. What I couldn't find are the buttons for ventilated seats. I guess honda has omitted this feature this time too.
MotorDev is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed