Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:07   #3001
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
I want to upgrade fog lamps of my Zx. Is it possible to just replace the tubes ? If so what type of bulb / tube to get ?
Hey Attinder,

Are you planning to go to normal yellow bulbs OR any specific you have in mind ?

I also own a ZX and feel that sometimes the visibility is poor in those LED fogs (in rains during night drives)and was also thinking of changing, hence the question !
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:30   #3002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Hey Attinder,

Are you planning to go to normal yellow bulbs OR any specific you have in mind ?
I'll prefer white bulbs as white led and yellow fogs will not look good.
Old 2nd May 2023, 17:43   #3003

Thank you UD17 & FAIAA! And, I completely agree with y'all. I mentioned that in my post too that it probably is to do with me than the car. Personally I wasn't very confident with the long bonnet. Secondly, since I was only 2 weeks off driving the new car and that would have been a factor why I could not judge the turns uphill.
Old 6th May 2023, 15:25   #3004
BHPian

Folks - my honda city cvt zx is about 8 months old and done about 5500 km. How much ever air I feel and keep checking, every two days the warning pops up saying low air pressure. I've reset it and dismissed it, and it pops up again. Checked the tyre pressure multiple times, and its always around 33/35 so no issues there. How can this be resolved? Is it a major issue? My 2nd service is due in July hence planning to bring it up then.
Old 6th May 2023, 15:29   #3005
BHPian

Also - is the gomechanic rubbing + polishing any good once in 6 months? Any repercussions of the same? Seems quite cheap.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot-20230506-3.28.12-pm.png  

karanskumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 13:37   #3006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
Folks - my honda city cvt zx is about 8 months old and done about 5500 km. How much ever air I feel and keep checking, every two days the warning pops up saying low air pressure. I've reset it and dismissed it, and it pops up again. Checked the tyre pressure multiple times, and its always around 33/35 so no issues there. How can this be resolved? Is it a major issue? My 2nd service is due in July hence planning to bring it up then.
Check the spare wheel in the boot of the car, in my case the spare was at 21 psi. Now i make it a point to check the air pressure of the spare wheel every month.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 15:55   #3007
BHPian

Quote:
Also - is the gomechanic rubbing + polishing any good once in 6 months? Any repercussions of the same? Seems quite cheap.
Go Mechanic services are best avoided. My friend got his CLA detailed through them a year back and it was a disaster. They pressure washed the engine bay and the horn conked off a few days later, polish residue was left in every panel gap and there were minor scratches on every sharp crease on the body due to old pads being used. Additionally, the pick-up driver nearly crashed his car by putting it into reverse instead of turning on the indicator.

He spent 5 times what he saved by going to Go Mechanic instead of a reputed detailer.
revsperminute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 22:17   #3008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post

He spent 5 times what he saved by going to Go Mechanic instead of a reputed detailer.
Thats called "Being Penny wise Pound foolish" reputed dealers will charge approx 7-10k for a proper interior, exterior detail with paint sealent, however people still fall for cheaper con jobs in the name of a proper detail.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 10:51   #3009
BHPian

Quote:
every two days the warning pops up saying low air pressure. I've reset it and dismissed it, and it pops up again.
I was facing the same issue an year back. A trip to the tyre repair folks revealed a nail was lodged in the tyre that was causing an ever so slight air pressure loss. As there is no "real" TPMS in Honda City, it calculates the loss of air pressure by observing the rotations of the wheel when in motion. I suggest, you too visit a nearby tyre shop to get it checked. You may be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Check the spare wheel in the boot of the car.
AFAIR, the spare is not checked by TPMS at least on 5th Gen City. Only the 4 active wheels are monitored to calculate the loss of air pressure in tyres.
Old 8th May 2023, 11:48   #3010
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Karan, I have faced the same issue as well on my 5th Gen First Version of City. This app only throws up the Tyre Deflation warning. Every time when you fill in or check for air pressure you need to calibrate. This is what I do and then it disappears. I know this is irritating.
Old 8th May 2023, 22:13   #3011
BHPian

Hi TBHP members - this is slightly critical (concerns safety of pax): The aparment (in BLR) where I live in is surrounded by open grounds and during rains, snakes come out of their holes from the ground, into building basement and lower level floors. Is it possible for snakes to ingress the cabin of my 5th gen honda city? Recently the car had a rat mesh installed just ahead of dashboard, that may/may not deter these slimey creatures. Are there any other ways they can enter a parked and locked car?
Old 9th May 2023, 08:54   #3012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeshSrini View Post
Hello Karan, I have faced the same issue as well on my 5th Gen First Version of City. This app only throws up the Tyre Deflation warning. Every time when you fill in or check for air pressure you need to calibrate. This is what I do and then it disappears. I know this is irritating.
I've done this every time , and it still pops right back up! I'll have the spare wheel tyre pressure checked. If that doesn't work either, will go to tyre shop get all all the 4 checked again and rotated probably :-/
Old 9th May 2023, 10:11   #3013
BHPian

Quote:
I've done this every time , and it still pops right back up! I'll have the spare wheel tyre pressure checked. If that doesn't work either, will go to tyre shop get all all the 4 checked again and rotated probably :-/
Once you reset the warning in Settings, the car has to be driven for 30 mins or so to complete the calibration process. This is mentioned in the Manual. So reset the warning just before you start driving and then drive for sometime. That 30 mins is cumulative, and need not be completed in one single drive.

Name:  Deflation Warning.png
Views: 1097
Size:  48.0 KB
sreerknair is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 13:54   #3014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viksingla View Post
Got a mileage of 22.3km/l recently
Over 150km (~30km in city and rest 120 on highway)
Kept RPM under 1500 during most of the journey
Yes you're right, the key to extract the max mileage is to use cruise control and keep the revs under control, Hondas give incredible efficiency at lower revvs, also at the same time it's so tempting to revv the sweet motor.

I'm driving a 10th gen Honda CIVIC with similar motor a 1.6iVtec+CVT, the car is supper efficient on even high speed highway drives.

Keeps it always under 2K rpm in city & highways, normally cruises at 110-120kmph, ACC at 23.5/24 degrees. It's giving consistently 19-20Kmpl on tankfulls, it drops to 15-17 on increased city commutes.
Old 18th May 2023, 11:16   #3015
BHPian

Hi team
Anyone fixed roof rattling by 3 M tape, saw some YouTube videos but not pretty sure to try. ASC guys are saying its very minimal sir so leave it. I am planning to do some DIY and just need push probably

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks