Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2023, 07:39   #3031
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Have two more questions

1. How do I make sure that the interior cabin light glows when door is opened and goes off when door is closed. I see that it remains on or off irrespective of door status

2. In the ZX version, how do I switch off the auto light which gets headlights to switch on whenever it feels fit for the darkmess, like going below an underpass etc
  1. The interior cabin light has a setting for door. Take a look when it's sunny, you should be able to find it.
  2. Have asked around for this myself and never been able to find any satisfactory solution.
LordSpymaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 00:07   #3032

Verna Vs City Automatic comparison by Autocar.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-com...omatics-428262
Old 28th May 2023, 00:42   #3033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
In my City (5th gen), there is a small jerk that can be noticed at around 1.5k rpm in second gear, when I’m going light on the pedal. Not sure if this is the one you’re talking about, but if it is that, then I’ve heard multiple people stating that. No solution found though.
I’ve been experiencing this too this my 5th City Gen ZX CVT ever since it has crossed the 2k km reading. It tends to jerk at around 24 km/h while downshifting. Interestingly I didn’t ever experience this with my previous 4th Gen City CVT that completed 36k before we parted with it.

The service advisor took the car for a round and got the car diagnosed, but nothing came up. He sent the car back with confidence saying that nothing is wrong.
Old 28th May 2023, 18:17   #3034

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Yes you're right, the key to extract the max mileage is to use cruise control and keep the revs under control, Hondas give incredible efficiency at lower revvs, also at the same time it's so tempting to revv the sweet motor.

I'm driving a 10th gen Honda CIVIC with similar motor a 1.6iVtec+CVT, the car is supper efficient on even high speed highway drives.

Keeps it always under 2K rpm in city & highways, normally cruises at 110-120kmph, ACC at 23.5/24 degrees. It's giving consistently 19-20Kmpl on tankfulls, it drops to 15-17 on increased city commutes.
Yup, it's tempting to revv so requires a lot of patience to keep under 1500-2000 rpm for long time

I did another 350km trip with lot of patience and got mileage of 23.1km/l. I am just amazed by such performance.
viksingla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 00:06   #3035
BHPian

I had sent my 5th generation Honda City VMT for its 4th service in the month of April 2023 to Sundaram Honda, Chennai. The service advisor, Mr. Sivakumar of Sundaram Honda, Anna Salai, Chennai, was informed of the following issues:
1. Steering Rack noise issue while turning the steering
2. Noise while depressing the clutch
3. flickering cabin light
4. Non-functioning rear sensor
5. Rust spots near the boot area[/COLOR]

he service bill came to Rs12K , and issues 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 were not resolved, especially the rear sensor, for which the service advisor tried to shrug under the carpet, and after I put my foot down, He reluctantly placed an order for the sensor under warranty. But was unwilling to accept other issues. Moreover, the service center did not perform wheel alignment, citing a anti theft bolt that could not be removed from two wheels (which was later removed by a roadside Tyre shop with ease).

Two weeks later, the service center had called and informed me that the sensor had come, and I requested an appointment for 3/6/2023, which was confirmed verbally. So today I came, and there was general apathy, with no one waiting to listen to your issues, including the service advisor I dealt with when I gave my last service. I left the place and have sent a letter to Honda India. This will be my last Honda product.

Rust spots near boot area

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_2421.jpg
FrozeninTime is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 20:26   #3036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post

So today I came, and there was general apathy, with no one waiting to listen to your issues, including the service advisor I dealt with when I gave my last service. I left the place and have sent a letter to Honda India. This will be my last Honda product.

Rust spots near boot area

Attachment 2458832
Sorry about your experience. Per Oxford dictionary, Apathy is "the feeling of not being interested in or enthusiastic about anything". Well, wrt Sundaram Honda Anna Salai, it is not a feeling. They just aren't interested or enthusiastic about anything. I wonder whether this is really a Sundaram company. I dread my service visits to them. Will scout around for alternate service centres before my next service. Any recommendations from Chennai for in-warranty service?
Old 4th June 2023, 20:50   #3037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
I had sent my 5th generation Honda City VMT
1. Steering Rack noise issue while turning the steering
My 5th Gen VMT steering makes a "Tuk" sound when I move the steering from a stationary position, especially when I take out the car first thing in the morning and occasionally when I get moving from standstill at traffic lights. It feels on the steering whhel as if some part is stuck and getting released on steering movement. Hasn't occurred so far while in continuous motion. The Sundaram service advisor says it's normal. (Hard to believe these guys!) Is your issue similar?
knockout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 21:53   #3038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
Is your issue similar?
I have the same issue as you mentioned. And the SA at Vision Motors Palarivattom mentioned it as normal on most Honda Cars. He demonstrated the same on a latest gen Civic as well. I left following it up after that, though I know it is abnormal.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 21:57   #3039

Quote:
My 5th Gen VMT steering makes a "Tuk" sound when I move the steering from a stationary position, especially when I take out the car first thing in the morning and occasionally when I get moving from standstill at traffic lights. It feels on the steering whhel as if some part is stuck and getting released on steering movement. Hasn't occurred so far while in continuous motion. The Sundaram service advisor says it's normal. (Hard to believe these guys!) Is your issue similar?
This is a known issue and Honda is aware , I complained of the same in my 2022 Zx petrol.
Steering rack was changed under warranty and the noise reduced a bit, but it’s still there. You notice it more when the veichle is stationary and you move the steering from center to any direction. Once you get going it’s not much of a bother.
What I discovered while diagnosing the issue with a friendly tech at the ASS was the pinion gear on the rack has internal play . Some cars have more some have less . My original rack had noticeable play but replaced one has considerably less.
If you go through some YouTube reviews of the car when it was launched especially of Faisal khans , you notice he complained about vague steering in the center . Well I felt the same with original rack but once rack got replaced it felt much tighter and good feedback in the center.
Insist the ASS records the noises and lodges a warranty claim.
Old 4th June 2023, 23:59   #3040
BHPian

Quote:
Will scout around for alternate service centres before my next service. Any recommendations from Chennai for in-warranty service?
Honda Customer Care called me today, I explained the incident and expressed my hope that issues would be resolved.
You can try Olympia Honda located at Ambattur.
In some Honda City cars , the steering rack has been replaced. So definitely there is steering Rack issue.
FrozeninTime is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:03   #3041
BHPian

Not even a month old, and someone does this to the car :(
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230607_110120.jpg

I should have got PPF done right away after taking the delivery of the car. No point in crying over spilt milk. But can this be taken care off now? or should I just forget about it?
Mumbaiker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:54   #3042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
But can this be taken care off now? or should I just forget about it?
Very sorry to see this, looks like someone did it on purpose. Some scratches looks just on the clear coat. You can use rubbing compound or visit a detailer. I think 80% of it will reduce. I have similar scratch on my bonnet but not this bad.
Old 7th June 2023, 15:07   #3043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Very sorry to see this, looks like someone did it on purpose. Some scratches looks just on the clear coat. You can use rubbing compound or visit a detailer. I think 80% of it will reduce. I have similar scratch on my bonnet but not this bad.
Thank you. I will take it to a detailer this weekend. Hoping that they can fix most of it. thanks again !
Mumbaiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 17:56   #3044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Not even a month old, and someone does this to the car :(
The culprit can be an angry cat or dog as well. City's paint is too thin and it gets scratches very easily even from small bushes on road side. Myself go mad when I see scratches which I can't correlate to how it happened.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 15:35   #3045
BHPian

Being a Honda customer, now I think Honda is more inclined towards keeping the existing customers happy than the prospective owners. I own a 5th gen city and atleast from the pictures, I feel City is better than Elevate
Go Honda!
CarCraze is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed