Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2023, 12:20   #3046

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
The culprit can be an angry cat or dog as well. City's paint is too thin and it gets scratches very easily even from small bushes on road side. Myself go mad when I see scratches which I can't correlate to how it happened.
+1 for paint quality. In 6 months of ownership, I have got multiple paint chips and scratches from small thorns and bushes. We have 14 year old santro that has maintained its original paint. I doubt paint quality of honda city to last with shine as much as 5 years.
nsharma2104 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 13:00   #3047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsharma2104 View Post
+1 for paint quality. In 6 months of ownership, I have got multiple paint chips and scratches from small thorns and bushes. We have 14 year old santro that has maintained its original paint. I doubt paint quality of honda city to last with shine as much as 5 years.
Thats not what I wanted to hear
I will see if I can atleast get a ceramic coat right now. PPF is out of budget for sure.
Old 9th June 2023, 14:32   #3048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto spawn View Post
I’ve been experiencing this too this my 5th City Gen ZX CVT ever since it has crossed the 2k km reading. It tends to jerk at around 24 km/h while downshifting. Interestingly I didn’t ever experience this with my previous 4th Gen City CVT that completed 36k before we parted with it.

The service advisor took the car for a round and got the car diagnosed, but nothing came up. He sent the car back with confidence saying that nothing is wrong.
Sorry for this off topic query but being a 4th gen City owner I couldn't resist this urge to ask you this. Would you mind sharing what are the differences or improvements you've found in your 5th gen City compared to your previous car.
Old 9th June 2023, 14:52   #3049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Sorry for this off topic query but being a 4th gen City owner I couldn't resist this urge to ask you this. Would you mind sharing what are the differences or improvements you've found in your 5th gen City compared to your previous car.
Hey! Always happy to answer
Coming to your question, my 5th gen feels more luxurious, the interiors are definitely an upgrade over the 4th gen. Be it the seat bolstering, leather quality, the helpful lane watch camera, the crisp instrument cluster, the list goes on. The CVT drivability has improved too from my previous car over a significant margin. Makes it a breeze to drive within the city as the pickup is instantaneous.

The downside is that I’m facing issues in terms of quality within a year of ownership. The steering rack seems to have developed a noise issue while turning, which other members have been reporting too. My Digipad touchscreen has gone blank several times to the point where I’ve to turn off the car and start it again to get it back to life. Recently I’ve been hearing some rattling noise coming from the back seat, need to get that checked on the next scheduled service.
Hope this answers your question.
Auto spawn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 21:14   #3050
BHPian

After taking this decision around April'22, we booked the eHev online on the Honda portal. We did not get any exact delivery date as we wanted only the Red colour. After some follow ups every 15 days with the SA, the wait turned out longer than we expected.
My SA had only one update "Sir, Red car is not available, and we dont know when it will be. I have a brown off the shelf if you want."

In the meanwhile, we had another priority which needed to be taken care off. So we decided to put the car plan on the back burner.

Come 2023 and there were rumours of the honda city facelift launch. It was March'23 when the car was finally showcased and launched. Looks good! we thought. Those changes to the bumpers on the front and back do add to the look of the car. Also, the ADAS features were also added to the car.
Then we also had the New Verna for competition. Virtus and Slavia were out of the race as they didnt fit the bill during the first run itself. We wanted to wait till we saw the Verna in flesh and test drove it.

We got the test drive of the Verna 1.5DCT. I was wowed by the interiors as well as the power. Wife was just about OK with the backseat. We didnt want to go for the DCT anyways as there wouldnt be a complete peace of mind after reading through some Kia and Creta DCT stories. We then test drove the IVT. It did tick the boxes which City ticked, except the backseat comfort.

We drove the City again (may be 5th time) and then the Verna back to back. This time we were full house in the car. My parents, wife and kid. Mom and Wife straight off disliked the Verna backseat.
And that is how we finally booked the facelift City in May'23.

So what happened to the eHev plan? The cost was nearly 4.5 lacs above the top end petrol and we dropped it!

Now, coming to the one month, approx 850kms impression.

I drove the car nearly every night for the first week. We went towards Govandi on the Eastern Freeway and then towards Vikhroli on the EEH. The ride has been super smooth.
We also did an outstation trip to Nashik. In this trip we were fully loaded (4 adults and 2 kids) and the boot space 90% occupied. The car did well and did not scrape on tall speedbreakers or bad roads. The kids and their mothers were very comfortable in the back seat.

I tested the Cruise Control and the lane assist feature a lot. I am just amazed at the technology. Both the features are amazing. The camera detects the white lines well on the road (even if dimly lit) and keeps the car perfectly aligned when we are above about 70kmph. The adaptive cruise control is also good. I found the braking a bit harsh when I keep the distance to the front car at a minimum setting. Increasing the distance means, there will be atleast 2 car lengths between the front car and my car. And this is not possible to be followed on the highways.

But the comfort it provides is lovely. Set the speed to 75-80kmph and the lane assist ON and you wouldnt even need to keep the hands on the steering (though it doesnt allow you to do that). The car even takes the curves very smoothly.

What I have liked so far
1. Driving comfort (coming from WagonR and Celerio AMT)
2. Backseat comfort for family.
3. Cruise control and Lane assist.
4. AC cools so much better than the Maruti.

What I dislike or miss
1. Ventilated seats
2. A bit more power
3. Need to switch off the Collision mitigation everytime the car is turned on.
3. Digipad is outdated.
4. Camera could have been better.
5. Left lane assist camera is just junk in the night. It flares up and you cannot see anything.
6. Mileage till now has been approx 11.5kmpl (never driven above 90kmph, not even on the highway, and used eco mode in the city)
7. Drive door beep as soon as the door is opened. And it is loud !

Thats it ! Will try to keep this updated as I drive more.
Mumbaiker is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 23:24   #3051

Hi Guys,

Am planning on getting the VX variant this month. My other shortlisted alternatives are Taigun and Seltos.

The reason I want to consider the City is because of ,first and foremost, the reliability and comfort and the other reason being the affordability of the CVT engine in this price range.

I read about a lot of buyers complaining about the the rattling noise and such. Has that been fixed? Or is it a con I'd just have to deal with?

A little overall guidance is deeply appreciated guys Thanks!
Old 10th June 2023, 11:48   #3052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinaryme View Post

I read about a lot of buyers complaining about the the rattling noise and such. Has that been fixed? Or is it a con I'd just have to deal with?
Hi Ordinaryme
Using Honda city for last 1 and 1/2years, faced some rattling issues from windshield and roof liner. Both the time ASC was very helpful and fixed issues immediately. Rattles are mostly due to plastic parts rubbing glass or metal in heat. Very happy with the car and its performance. Its very reliable car, you just need to fill and use it.
Neurodoc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 12:03   #3053
BHPian

Hey all,
I have begun to research and add some basic modifications and I'm starting off with something simple - the horn!

Based on a lot of folks in this thread, the Bosch Symphony is recommended. So I went to a dealer in Gurgaon, and he didn't have that but was offering trumpet horns from Moco and Blankput (IIRC). Saw a couple of videos about the Moco on Youtube and it does sound nice but was hoping for a review from someone who has installed that horn or has bought any other Moco car products.

Thanks!
Old 12th June 2023, 16:27   #3054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinaryme View Post
Hi Guys,

Am planning on getting the VX variant this month. My other shortlisted alternatives are Taigun and Seltos.

The reason I want to consider the City is because of ,first and foremost, the reliability and comfort and the other reason being the affordability of the CVT engine in this price range.

A little overall guidance is deeply appreciated guys Thanks!
I have a 2022 City ZX and have done more than 12000 Kms in a bit more than a year. I have faced the rattling issue only once while driving on the Pune bye pass which has some really horrible rumbler sticks. The fixes with the service center are very simple if ever you get a rattle. I also opted for the city because of Honda's reliability and it has not let me down. I have taken her from express highways to god forsaken country roads, a little bit of care while driving and the city will reward you back.

Regards
Diesel

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 12th June 2023 at 17:34. Reason: Broken quote tags
Dieseltuned is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 23:24   #3055

Planning to buy a City CVT, VX Nov-22 manufactured, was inclined towards ZX, but white is not available in old variant stock. I have following queries, it would be greatly helpful if someone could answer them:-

1.What are the differences in Previous city (Nov Manufactured) and current production?

2. I am getting a discount of around 60-70k on the vehicle, how would you evaluate the deal?

3. The SA is claiming a fuel efficiency of 14-15kmpl, and I've heard city delivering 9-10 KMPL, can someone throw some light on this?

4. As far as I have ventured through Brochure etc, I found differences in seats and interiors only in VX and ZX, I think I can live with everything, but having lane camera was a very useful feature, is there something else which I would be missing out on in a VX?

5. The SA says that there are not many differences in previous City and the new city, apart from ADAS, are there any considerable differences between them?
palashsinghania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 18:55   #3056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palashsinghania View Post
3. The SA is claiming a fuel efficiency of 14-15kmpl, and I've heard city delivering 9-10 KMPL, can someone throw some light on this?
It gives 8-9kmpl in city driving and highway driving 18-19 kmpl depending on your driving style. I never got more than 10kmpl in city use even after careful driving. Highways if you set cruise at 80-85 kmph, you can extract fuel economy of 25-26 kmpl also.
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 19:58   #3057
BHPian

Quote:

1.What are the differences in Previous city (Nov Manufactured) and current production?
There aren't too many differences if one looks at the car as a whole. Cosmetic changes to the exterior in the form of a honeycomb mesh grill, lesser chrome and a diffuser at the back. Features wise - there's wireless android auto/apple car play and a wireless phone charger apart from the ADAS features.

Quote:

2. I am getting a discount of around 60-70k on the vehicle, how would you evaluate the deal?
Discounts vary city by city and depends on the no. of alternative dealers you can source the car from. For VX - that discount sounds about right; for ZX it could be more. However, considering yours is a 2022 manufactured vehicle; I think you can negotiate ~20k more discount.

Quote:

4. As far as I have ventured through Brochure etc, I found differences in seats and interiors only in VX and ZX, I think I can live with everything, but having lane camera was a very useful feature, is there something else which I would be missing out on in a VX?
Leather seats, leather inserts on the dash and the door pads, ambient lighting, one touch up-down buttons for all windows and LED lights is what you get extra with ZX. This is for the pre-facelift model.

Quote:

5. The SA says that there are not many differences in previous City and the new city, apart from ADAS, are there any considerable differences between them?
There are significant changes in the feature distribution - at least for the VX variant. A lot many feel good features have been deleted in exchange for Honda Sensing that has been added. For e.g. New VX variant gets only 4 speakers instead of 8, Part digital instrument cluster has been swapped out for older fully analog version, leather wrapped gears/steering wheel, Auto IRVM and the Sunroof have been deleted as well. All in all, Honda has tried to increase the difference between VX and ZX variants which was marginal in the pre-facelift version. So you should take the older VX if you get it; especially for a discount.
Iconoclast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 08:17   #3058
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I have 5th gen Sep 2020 model ZX CVT. The other day, I saw another ZX in the next lane to my car, the driver was driving car with Left Mirror camera view ON. The side flowing traffic was visible, may be he wanted to keep traffic at bay, hence switched on that.

Now my question, the display quality of his camera was awesome on the screen. Same time I tried doing on mine, hardly anything was visible. Maybe his car was latest model and could have better camera resolution.

Is it possible to change the camera to high resolution? Any after market camera available for just plug n play at the same spot without cutting or replacing anything?

Shouldn't be a tough thing to do actually, just need to replace higher resolution camera, keeping everything else the same.
Old 17th June 2023, 13:34   #3059

Hi All, I am a happy owner of the 5th Gen City (ZX Cvt). I have observed that whenever I start the car engine in the mornings (Cold start), its engine starts at very high RPM of 1400 and gradually reduces to 900-1000 Range before going down to 700 with AC Off and 800 with AC On. Not sure if this is common across all cars or just mine?

Also, if this is a intentional system design, does one needs to wait till its gets down to low levels? (Takes about 60-90 seconds)
Old 17th June 2023, 14:52   #3060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek242001 View Post
Hi All, I am a happy owner of the 5th Gen City (ZX Cvt). I have observed that whenever I start the car engine in the mornings (Cold start), its engine starts at very high RPM of 1400 and gradually reduces to 900-1000 Range before going down to 700 with AC Off and 800 with AC On. Not sure if this is common across all cars or just mine?

Also, if this is a intentional system design, does one needs to wait till its gets down to low levels? (Takes about 60-90 seconds)
This is typical of NA engines as far as I know,the higher RPM initially is to warm up the engine.

Its better to wait for the engine to warm up before you drive off

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks