Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2024, 22:04   #3406
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto spawn View Post
Honda has approved the replacement under warranty and they’re awaiting the part!
Hi, may I know if the steering rack noise disappeared after replacing the rack ? Mine started making this noise and now it is more prominent. So wanted to check if replacing the rack solves this. Thanks.
Old 10th June 2024, 10:36   #3407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Hi, may I know if the steering rack noise disappeared after replacing the rack ? Mine started making this noise and now it is more prominent. So wanted to check if replacing the rack solves this. Thanks.
Yes, the noise has completely disappeared ever since the replacement!
Auto spawn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 20:18   #3408
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Need a suggestion from fellow BHPians about the warranty woe in my City 5th Gen.
My cars headlight was replaced in August 2022 dues a storm which damaged both the headlight. Couple of months ago I discovered that the adjusting nuts are not working on the left headlight. Went to the ASS for the same and they said as 6 months have passed after fitment of the headlight and as it is a manufacturing defect the headlight assembly will be replaced but they wont honour the warranty as replaced parts have 6 months warranty.
But my question here is the vehicle has 3 years warranty then why should I pay a dime for the same because any parts that has not been damaged will and should be covered under warranty.
Any suggestion on what to do?
Old 13th June 2024, 22:27   #3409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Morningstar View Post
Need a suggestion from fellow BHPians about the warranty woe in my City 5th Gen.
My cars headlight was replaced in August 2022 dues a storm which damaged both the headlight. Couple of months ago I discovered that the adjusting nuts are not working on the left headlight. Went to the ASS for the same and they said as 6 months have passed after fitment of the headlight and as it is a manufacturing defect the headlight assembly will be replaced but they wont honour the warranty as replaced parts have 6 months warranty.
But my question here is the vehicle has 3 years warranty then why should I pay a dime for the same because any parts that has not been damaged will and should be covered under warranty.
Any suggestion on what to do?
  1. Please check your warranty booklet and see what the terms and conditions are.
  2. Mail Honda support, DO NOT mention your dealer details or car details, but frame your question in a generic "asking for a friend" way. That way they can't forward your mail back to your dealer and escape.
  3. Another option to consider is to visit a different service center and just state your problem without mentioning history. Even if they figure out the history, just feign ignorance and keep banging the warranty drum and wear them down if you can.
As far as I know, if you have had OEM parts fitted by an authorized Honda service center, there is no question of a warranty being voided or diluted.
Old 15th June 2024, 10:36   #3410
BHPian

Need a suggestion from fellow members.

Inspite of Spraying 3M Rat Spray every 15-20 days, on my recent trip to Kodaikanal rats chewed important wires. Had tough time towing from there due it being a hill station and the nearest service station being 150 kms far.

Is there any other alternate option for this, do this Ultrasonic Rat Repellent work, if we install them do they deny warranty claims?
Old 15th June 2024, 11:52   #3411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Morningstar View Post
Went to the ASS for the same and they said as 6 months have passed after fitment of the headlight and as it is a manufacturing defect the headlight assembly will be replaced but they wont honour the warranty as replaced parts have 6 months warranty
I have had problem with right front shocks and it was replaced under warranty at 9k km and now at 23k km again same problem has reappeared, ASS is ready to replace under warranty
Old 22nd June 2024, 10:49   #3412
BHPian

Is there a feature where the ORVMs will lower when Reverse gear is engaged? In CVT.
Old 22nd June 2024, 15:51   #3413

Has anyone installed a 360 degree parking camera in the Honda City 5th Gen?
I have a V MT 2024 in a tight parking spot and I really miss the side parking cameras as I don't have lane watch as well. If anyone can recommend a good company for 360 camera or side parking camera that fits in the stock infotainment system, that'd be a big help.
Old 23rd June 2024, 11:55   #3414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
Need a suggestion from fellow members.

Inspite of Spraying 3M Rat Spray every 15-20 days, on my recent trip to Kodaikanal rats chewed important wires. Had tough time towing from there due it being a hill station and the nearest service station being 150 kms far.

Is there any other alternate option for this, do this Ultrasonic Rat Repellent work, if we install them do they deny warranty claims?
I've been using Magsol Rat repellent for last 1.5 yrs now. Getting good results and no such instances touchwood thus far. You can give a try.
Old 27th June 2024, 10:05   #3415

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Is there a feature where the ORVMs will lower when Reverse gear is engaged? In CVT.
No, you need to lower the ORVMs with the buttons.

A better alternative is to stick wide angle mirrors on your ORVMs. You can see the rear end of the car easily. You can get it for cheap on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07NDG4X64?ref=emc_s_m_5_i_atc
jerk_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 12:39   #3416
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I recently crossed 25,000 km on my Honda City and encountered some major issues. A month ago, I was about to leave for Goa with my family when the car suddenly wouldn’t start, and all the warning lights came on. Initially, I thought it might be due to a rat bite, so I called roadside assistance. However, they told me they couldn't come for 3 hours as they were busy with another pick-up.

In a hurry, I reached out to Honda through some personal contacts. They came within 20 minutes and jump-started the vehicle, which resolved the issue as the battery was dead and all the errors disappeared. After the Goa trip, I left the vehicle for a regular check-up. The battery health was deemed good, and they advised that the problem could have been caused by leaving a light or the music system on, or possibly some charge leakage.

However, after a month, the same issue recurred. Following the same process with roadside assistance, who needed 2-3 hours again, I finally called a local mechanic who jump-started the car, allowing me to take it to the service center. This time, they kept the vehicle for two days and diagnosed that the battery was dead, which they replaced outside of warranty. It’s a two-year-old vehicle, and this was the first battery change. I was okay with it as the problem seemed resolved.

After 15 days of the battery change, the car started making a sound in the right front wheel. I left the vehicle at the service center again for two days, and they diagnosed that the shocks needed to be changed. The right front shock had already been replaced once under warranty at 9,000 km, and now the same problem had reoccurred. After some discussion, they insisted that the shock needed replacement, as they were sure it was the cause of the sound. The parts were ordered, and the vehicle was returned to me. After two weeks, the shocks were changed under warranty, and the sound was gone, making the vehicle smooth again.

I am really concerned about Honda's reliability and will likely keep the vehicle only until the warranty expires.
Old 30th June 2024, 15:00   #3417

Is anyone having issues with Honda connect today? Slow updates. No refresh happening. Is this common?
Old 1st July 2024, 18:29   #3418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwrej View Post
Is anyone having issues with Honda connect today? Slow updates. No refresh happening. Is this common?
This is common.
Sometimes even though it connects and is online, but it may not track the ride. There are issues with network sometimes. Other times their system is down but they dont send any notifications.

@Mods, request you to delete this post.

Last edited by Mumbaiker : 1st July 2024 at 18:34.
Old 1st July 2024, 18:31   #3419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Hi everyone,

I am really concerned about Honda's reliability and will likely keep the vehicle only until the warranty expires.
Any idea what caused the battery to go dead? Was it just because of life?
And about the shock absorber, did they replace in warranty again? And what was the cause?

Quote:
This is common.
Sometimes even though it connects and is online, but it may not track the ride. There are issues with network sometimes. Other times their system is down but they dont send any notifications.
Mumbaiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 08:58   #3420
BHPian

Quote:
I'm also facing this issue post 19th June. No updates arriving on the app. Have raised a complaint. Lets see what happens.

Most Viewed