Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2020, 15:42   #481
Senior - BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Booking amount lower than the Creta. Could the pricing be aswell?
Nithesh_M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 19:20   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Teaser:

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2020hondacityteaservideolaunch1.jpg

Quote:
Honda City will be offered in three trims, although the exact names have not been revealed yet. Some new features that are expected to be introduced include 4-airbags, cruise control, tyre pressure monitoring system, traction control, and an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Alexa
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th June 2020 at 19:23.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 19:22   #483
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 6th July 2020 at 18:18.
momsonlydriver is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th June 2020, 01:35   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Completely agree with this. Know many petrol-heads, who consider SUVs only because they seem to offer more space for same budget. The mindset of the common Indian car-buyer is slowly moving towards SUVs for the same reason. Half of those buyers don’t even use their cars outside the city.

Coming to 5th gen Honda City, it will still find buyers IMO.
I personally think that it is a lot more nuanced than this. I for instance am a 100% sedan / hatchback owner, never even liked SUV's in the past because of many factors, the butch look and large spaces being one.

When I last picked up a C segment sedan, the Fluidic in 2012, I test drove the XUV, Scorpio and the Safari. None of them even remotely had the same refinement levels found in every my father's much older Peugeot 309, or my present vehicle then, the Logan. Even the position of the gear was more truck and less car (in my personal opinion, no offense meant to anyone who owns these cars), I did like the duster but it was horribly overpriced and the interiors Spartan even for 2012.

Now? A Seltos or Creta or even the Hector offer sedan like refinement, with much better Ground Clearance. Now that I have a cross over not even an SUV, I can't ever go back to a sedan purely because even the puny (compared to a Harrier or the big daddies like fortuner or endeavour) Seltos offers a much better GC, has a bit more space and a more commanding driving position with all the refinements of a sedan that I see no reason personally to chose a sedan.

My wife's hatchback needs a replacement and even here I might just pick up a Venue over a competing class sedan.
Stribog is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 09:10   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I personally think that it is a lot more nuanced than this. I for instance am a 100% sedan / hatchback owner, never even liked SUV's in the past because of many factors, the butch look and large spaces being one.

Now? A Seltos or Creta or even the Hector offer sedan like refinement, with much better Ground Clearance. Now that I have a cross over not even an SUV, I can't ever go back to a sedan purely because even the puny (compared to a Harrier or the big daddies like fortuner or endeavour) Seltos offers a much better GC, has a bit more space and a more commanding driving position with all the refinements of a sedan that I see no reason personally to chose a sedan.

Completely agree to this. When I sold my Rapid TDI in 2018, I was hell bent on switching to a Sedan. I test drove the Verna, City, Creta and many others like Ecosport, S-Cross etc. The issue is, the SUV mindset is in our head. The Creta or any of these kind of cars are purely cross overs and their refinement in all aspects is better than sedans. As for me, the only sedan at that point I liked was the Verna, but it seemed even less spacious than my earlier Rapid, and the City just didnt feel like 12-14 lakh car. Quality levels were way off. I finally picked up a Creta, and after 18k kms, I dont regret and the switch between the Rapid and the Creta has been easy, thanks to the torquey 1.6 diesels in both cars!

So if the new Honda City is up against the Creta and the Seltos, the only thing that can help the city is its back seat comfort, but here again the new 2020 Creta seems have got it right. And the new city is not the only one with paddle shifters either. And to be honest, except for the engine and gearbox, the city hasnt been that kind of a drivers car for auto enthusiasts to prefer it over a Seltos or the Creta. There would be a few sedan enthusiasts, but in my view it would be the back seat which can make a difference.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 15:30   #486
BHPian

What is the expected launch date? When will the test drives and videos start? Thanks!
Old 29th June 2020, 16:09   #487
Senior - BHPian

New City caught undiguised. With long list of features, Honda city looks all set to breach 20lakh price tag here in Bangalore!

https://forum.autocarindia.com/topic...comment-173006

Dash looks clean and premium. Rear looks very similar to BMW 3 Series(G20)

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-dash.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-rear.jpg

Last edited by PrideRed : 29th June 2020 at 16:14.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 16:19   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
New City caught undiguised. With long list of features, Honda city looks all set to breach 20lakh price tag here in Bangalore!

https://forum.autocarindia.com/topic...comment-173006

Attachment 2022855

Attachment 2022856
Wow. More than 20L OTR in Bangalore? Suddenly the T-Rocs, The Harriers are VFM? Crazy! And what's gonna happen to Civic in that case? Can't seem to understand Honda's strategy one bit.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 20:34   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dash looks clean and premium. Rear looks very similar to BMW 3 Series]

Really? BMW 3 series? I found nothing similar in the design language of both. The HU integration still feels very aftermarket, as if a tablet has been just plonked in there. I thought the 2020 Creta and the Seltos executed this in a better way. Its clean, not cluttered alright, but not too exciting. Pretty conventional if you ask me.
Old 29th June 2020, 20:46   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Really? BMW 3 series? I found nothing similar in the design language of both. The HU integration still feels very aftermarket, as if a tablet has been just plonked in there. I thought the 2020 Creta and the Seltos executed this in a better way. Its clean, not cluttered alright, but not too exciting. Pretty conventional if you ask me.
Look at the danger light and area around that design pretty similar. Red brake light strip and blacked out indicator and reverse light section.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-images-1.jpeg  

Last edited by PrideRed : 29th June 2020 at 20:47.
Old 29th June 2020, 20:46   #491
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
With long list of features, Honda city looks all set to breach 20lakh price tag here in Bangalore!
Long list of features? With the exception of the lane watch camera - I got the impression the feature list revealed is very similar to that of the outgoing City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Really? BMW 3 series? I found nothing similar in the design language of both.
Believe City has openly shown 3-series 'inspiration' ever since the 3rd generation. The same continues even now -

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img20191125wa0018.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20191125_134050-1-1.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th June 2020 at 20:57.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 21:34   #492
BHPian

Seems like New Honda City reviews are going to go live from tomorrow 11 am

rkv_hunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 22:19   #493
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! 5th-gen Honda City spotted testing in India

Quote:
Look at the danger light and area around that design pretty similar. Red brake light strip and blacked out indicator and reverse light section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Believe City has openly shown 3-series 'inspiration' ever since the 3rd generation. The same continues even now -

]

My bad, I thought the interiors were being compared since the post was about the interiors.

May be there is some resemblance in the tail light design and shape, dont see anything more actually.
Old 29th June 2020, 23:29   #494
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2022855
Dual glovebox is missing or am i missing something?
Old 30th June 2020, 11:00   #495
OSH
BHPian

Here are some of the reviews;

Last edited by OSH : 30th June 2020 at 11:11.
OSH is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks