Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 11:40   #1246

Re: Honda City 5th Gen ZX MT Petrol - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Hey, I got 1-day delivery and paid in cash. The quality is quite good and the fit is decent. The material at the bottom kind of sticks to the flooring of the vehicle due to friction and doesn't slide around. The upper mats are attached to the base by a knob and can be easily removed.
Congratulations for your new car! I too purchased Honda City 5th generation ZX MT Brown on 31st December. Can you please let us know more about ceramic coating - its costing, vendor, and your feedback?
Jayant2080 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 17:30   #1247
gus
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Hi Guys
I booked a Honda city 2020 V CVT Red in the last week of December 2020 at Pushp Honda Kanpur.
We were told that the car would be delivered by 2-3rd Jan. However I suppose since the color was not available, the delivery took a bit more time.
On the 6th of Jan were communicated that the car had reached stockyard in kanpur and would be delivered on the 7th. Again we were told that due to some reason the car would be delivered the next day.

We went to the showroom and were told that the ex-showroom of the car has increased and we would be billed the new price. Since there was no official announcement by Honda and also the ex-showroom on the website reflected the old price, we discussed this with the team there and were told that the prices have indeed increased and were being updated on their "portal".

Anyways we inspected the car, made the payment and took the delivery of the car. However the showroom did not provide the invoice but promised to provide it the next day as their portal was down on the delivery date.
Next day again they could not do so stating that their billing guy is on leave and we would get the invoice on Monday.

Today, on Monday we were told that the invoice is generated but for the 9th of Jan and not for the 8th of Jan on which we paid and took the delivery of the car.
This whole transaction makes us believe that the prices had not increased officially till our date of delivery but we were charged the increased prices which is not at all acceptable and looks dishonest to us

I have mailed this to Honda as well but I am not sure what would happen so I posted it here as well to check if anybody else has faced a similar situation and is this normal. In case not, what are my options ?
Old 12th January 2021, 10:49   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
In case not, what are my options ?
Congratulation on booking the City. When you book a car, price at the time of delivery is applicable. Honda has raised the prices in Jan 2021. So you will be billed the new price, even though you booked the car in December 2020. If stock was available in December 2020 and had you made the entire payment in December 2020 and took the delivery on or before 31st December 2020, then this situation could have been avoided. With that said, Honda website mentions a 10k cash discount for Jan 2021, so you can call that out to your dealer.
Old 12th January 2021, 10:58   #1249
gus
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Congratulation on booking the City. When you book a car, price at the time of delivery is applicable. Honda has raised the prices in Jan 2021. So you will be billed the new price, even though you booked the car in December 2020. If stock was available in December 2020 and had you made the entire payment in December 2020 and took the delivery on or before 31st December 2020, then this situation could have been avoided. With that said, Honda website mentions a 10k cash discount for Jan 2021, so you can call that out to your dealer.
Thank You
I have taken the delivery of the car on the 8th of January and if the prices have increased in Jan, how come their system wasn't updated till then and how did they bill customers who took delivery before 8th? Now they are passing me an invoice for the next day and not of 8th of Jan when I paid and took delivery. I have no issues paying the increased price and indeed i have but then there is no reason I should accept an invoice of next day, if the prices have indeed increased on the 1st of Jan.

This is why this whole thing looks fishy to me.
Old 12th January 2021, 11:27   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
...how come their system wasn't updated till then and how did they bill customers who took delivery before 8th? Now they are passing me an invoice for the next day and not of 8th of Jan when I paid and took delivery. I have no issues paying the increased price and indeed i have but then there is no reason I should accept an invoice of next day, if the prices have indeed increased on the 1st of Jan.

This is why this whole thing looks fishy to me.
It does seem fishy. Good that you have emailed Honda. Have you also copied dealer's email address too on that email or your SA's email?
Old 12th January 2021, 14:21   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant2080 View Post
Congratulations for your new car! I too purchased Honda City 5th generation ZX MT Brown on 31st December. Can you please let us know more about ceramic coating - its costing, vendor, and your feedback?
Congrats!

I got it done from Detailing Bull (DB) (Dwarka outlet), got an year end discount and it costed me 17k for their 3 year package. The same package might cost you around 20k right now. This is their cheapest Ceramic coating package.

You can also look at Detailing Devils and 3M.

Detailing Devils (DD) - they have 1,3 and 5 year packages as compared to 3,5,7 offered by DB. DD would be cheper than DB but they use 9H ceramic coating as compared to 10H used by DB (These are hardness ratings, although there might not be much difference between the two).

3M - They only offer a 1-year package at Rs 20k. I saw the same was being offered by GoMechanic at 15k. They will keep your car for a couple of days.

Note - for DD and DB, the number of years is equal to the number of coatings they will do which is directly proportional to the coating thickness. However, the coating would be done only once and in the subsequent years they will inspect and rectify the coating of required.

For example, in my 3 year package I get 2 maintenance visits after 1st and 2nd year.

I visited outlets of all the 3 mentioned above and went with DB as I felt that they were more professional and the coating quality also seemed better.

Reason to go for Ceramic Coating
  • After all my research, all I could understand is that this would create an additional layer over the original paint and hence protect it from minor scratches and also would help in maintaining the shine.
  • An additional benefit is the mild hydrophobic nature of the coating, helps during the washing process, the water doesn't stay or leave marks on the glass area.
  • As I would be more obsessed with the exterior cleanliness of the vehicle in the initial years, I got it done on the 3rd day itself. Will go for yearly detailing post that.

Last edited by AutoConsultant : 12th January 2021 at 14:22. Reason: Typo
AutoConsultant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 21:38   #1252
BHPian

So I've been mulling over to buy a car in next couple of months. Out of the shortlist (Ciaz, City and Harrier), I test drove the City recently (ZX CVT and V Manual). Overall impressions:

1. The ZX is beautifully equipped and fit, finish is excellent. Loved the interiors, especially with digital dash and all.
2. ZX CVT is super easy to drive and would be the preferred choice given the traffic in bangalore. Didn't get to use the paddle shifts - however I'm yet to wrap my head around how would paddle shifts work in a CVT given that it has infinite ratios. Also, the CVT takes its time to build up speed, and not sure if it would be an enthusiast's choice.
3. The car engine sounded very gruff, and this seems to be a disappointment. I'm comparing with Baleno/i20 petrol versions, these are almost noiseless in the cabin. In comparison, I could hear the city engine very much in cabin. This was right from 1k RPM onwards. The engine noise is something that me as an enthusiast would enjoy, but the other members of family won't appreciate so much. May be experts here on forum can comment The ZX CVT had run 7k KMs, and V MT had run 5.5k KMs.
4. The clutch on V MT seemed to be very hard - is that normal? I had knee pain driving around 2-3 KMs on bad roads, with breakers.

That said, the head says ZX CVT simply because of the convenience it offers. The heart says, ZX MT because of the performance it would deliver. Not sure how to decide.
LordSharan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 21:44   #1253
gus
BHPian

Quote:
It does seem fishy. Good that you have emailed Honda. Have you also copied dealer's email address too on that email or your SA's email?
No I didn't but Honda forwarded them the complaint. I visited the showroom today and the manger had a good long talk with me and assured me that there is nothing fishy about it.
They tod me that mine was the first car of 2021 to be billed and no other car was billed before ours.
At the end they also requested me to sign a written consent letter that my issue is resolved.
Though i signed it, but honestly, I did it half heartedly. Now i am waiting for a call from Honda were i will talk in detail to them.
gus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 21:49   #1254
gus
BHPian

On a Different note, does anybody know how to use the voice command on Honda City ? Pressing the voice command button does nothing. The showroom guy said it would only work when apple car play or Android auto is running. But isint this strange? Even my S-cross takes voice command whether or not a phone is connected and whether or not apple car play or Android auto is running.
Old 12th January 2021, 22:48   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
Out of the shortlist (Ciaz, City and Harrier), I test drove the City recently (ZX CVT and V Manual).
That said, the head says ZX CVT simply because of the convenience it offers. The heart says, ZX MT because of the performance it would deliver. Not sure how to decide.
1. If you are considering Harrier, then did you decide to skip Creta/Seltos due to any reasons?

2. I TD'd ZX CVT and could notice engine noise if driven very hard in Sports mode which I did.

3. I would choose convenience over performance if daily/majority driving is within city traffic.
sam264_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 23:41   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
1. If you are considering Harrier, then did you decide to skip Creta/Seltos due to any reasons?

2. I TD'd ZX CVT and could notice engine noise if driven very hard in Sports mode which I did.

So Ciaz and City are within budget. In fact buying Ciaz would save me a lot of money that can be channeled into other stuff that I intend to do. This is a purchase that is driven by passion, rather than needs and hence I'm willing to spend more (therefore Harrier is into the consideration as well). Harrier would be stretching my budget a little bit.

Creta's design - I didn't like it so much (outside, as well as inside - the LCD on main console doesn't look so good to me on the top end models). Seltos is the car that I really liked, but then again, If I am stretching for seltos, might as well stretch a bit more and go for harrier, which is a class larger and also apart.

Coming back, Engine noise in City remains to be a dampener and I expected much better refinement on a Honda Petrol Engine.
LordSharan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 00:39   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
So Ciaz and City are within budget. In fact buying Ciaz would save me a lot of money that can be channeled into other stuff that I intend to do. This is a purchase that is driven by passion, rather than needs and hence I'm willing to spend more (therefore Harrier is into the consideration as well). Harrier would be stretching my budget a little bit.

Creta's design - I didn't like it so much (outside, as well as inside - the LCD on main console doesn't look so good to me on the top end models). Seltos is the car that I really liked, but then again, If I am stretching for seltos, might as well stretch a bit more and go for harrier, which is a class larger and also apart.

Coming back, Engine noise in City remains to be a dampener and I expected much better refinement on a Honda Petrol Engine.
I got delivery of V CVT in Dec last week. Yes, the engine hum is audible inside the cabin, more so than the Maruti engine, but there are no vibrations. It's just engine sound (and a very likable sound I must say). I don't find it a deal breaker. But be sure to drive along with your family members, to be sure if they can live with it.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 18:38   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Spent the weekend with the 2020 Honda City. My quick & brief observations below:
Attachment 2066568

What's hot: This is the benchmark C2-segment family sedan, insanely rev-happy 1.5L petrol is the benchmark naturally-aspirated engine, sounds terrific at high rpm, slick gearbox & sweet clutch (smooth AT available too), quick & responsive steering, as much fun as the Rapid 1.0 TSI until 120 kmph, compliant ride quality, part quality has overall improved, spacious cabin, practical boot, safety features include 6 airbags, 3-point seatbelts for all, ESP, Hill Start Assist etc., goodies like sunroof, Honda connect with Alexa, auto headlamps & wipers, cruise control, Honda's reliability
I can confirm that even the top model ZX does not come with auto-wipers. However, it does have auto-headlamps and boy are they gorgeous!
lemedico is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 20:01   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Hey, I got 1-day delivery and paid in cash. The quality is quite good and the fit is decent. The material at the bottom kind of sticks to the flooring of the vehicle due to friction and doesn't slide around. The upper mats are attached to the base by a knob and can be easily removed.
Dear AutoConsultant, I am also using the same Coozo mats in my 2020 S-Cross. The mat appeared to restrict the clutch so I removed a part of the mat below the clutch using a knife. The trick is to cut it out in circular fashion so that it does not start tearing from an edge.

Do you ever feel that these are not allowing the clutch to be fully depressed? I feared that doing so may damage the gearbox in the long run.

Attaching some photos for your reference.

On the day of installation

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20201031_181437.jpg

Wear and tear below clutch and feeling of restricted movement of clutch.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20201127_163931.jpg

Portion of mat removed in circular manner at home after a week or so. Yet to get this stitched since 2 months. Dealer has told that he will stitch the edge of this mat just like the rest of it. I plan to do same below accelerator as well.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20201127_164339.jpg

The mat is not very thick by the way.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20201127_164347.jpg
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 20:10   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Dear AutoConsultant, I am also using the same Coozo mats in my 2020 S-Cross. The mat appeared to restrict the clutch so I removed a part of the mat below the clutch using a knife. The trick is to cut it out in circular fashion so that it does not start tearing from an edge.

Do you ever feel that these are not allowing the clutch to be fully depressed? I feared that doing so may damage the gearbox in the long run.
For Accelerator there is already a cut out for my car. Haven't felt like the mats are hindering clutch travel. Felt it initially when the mats were moving around (I hadn't removed the plastic underneath by then). Since I removed the plastic, they have not moved a bit and the clutch travel doesn't feel affected.

I'll observe it for a month or so, If I face any such issue I'll get the cut out done by the Coozo people only, thanks for the tip.

However, I did face the issue of the clamps breaking. I have asked him to send me 5-6 spares of these.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210114_012709.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks