Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2021, 20:14   #1306
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

So an update on my car -- now nearly 2,000 kms on the odometer. There is a rattle and high pitched noise which are perceptible 'at times' on rougher roads.

This becomes all the more irritating as I've sent it to the Service Centre twice now, but they haven't been able to replicate it. Not their fault. On those days, the car wasn't being noisy.

It's not perceptible on smooth roads. Will keep you updated if I manage to replicate it with the Service Centre chaps at some point and they can get to the root cause.
Old 8th February 2021, 21:29   #1307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_murali View Post
Owner of a ZX CVT at 4200kms on the Odo. I can confirm that there's a mild creaking noise inside the cabin when driving on uneven roads.

!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNG19 View Post
So an update on my car -- now nearly 2,000 kms on the odometer. There is a rattle and high pitched noise which are perceptible 'at times' on rougher roads.

This becomes all the more irritating as I've sent it to the Service Centre twice now

Is Honda becoming Maruti now? I felt the last gen city to be very similar to ciaz in build quality (or the lack of), just being slightly better.

I saw a youtube video of an owner complaining about rattles in his all new city.

Seems like a common problem with majority owners.
Old 8th February 2021, 22:12   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Is Honda becoming Maruti now? I felt the last gen city to be very similar to ciaz in build quality (or the lack of), just being slightly better.

Seems like a common problem with majority owners.
Thankfully i am the minority owner not an iota of a sound of a creak, squeak , rattle or whatever
7k on the odo in 2.5 months and tottaly loving this machine.
And a pic of the amazing machine
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-bb733f46c1f14b0aae2d790114dd4046.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 11:50   #1309

Has anyone been able to procure perfect fit window shades? I seem to have trouble finding any good options.
Old 11th February 2021, 12:08   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiteshdivine View Post
Has anyone been able to procure perfect fit window shades? I seem to have trouble finding any good options.
Is it fine to use window shades ? I was under the impression due to recent actions by the law that the windows cannot be shaded by any means. I have some 'not so old' general window shades that I have been planning to use.
Old 12th February 2021, 12:46   #1311
BHPian

Could not resist posting a picture of the 2 japs in my garage and the ones getting prefrential treatment from me presently , was sitting idle so decided to pamper them today. The Ninja with the Katana!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-98083beafdbd4939a0149e2f8b17f429.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 18:59   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Could not resist posting a picture of the 2 japs in my garage and the ones getting prefrential treatment from me presently , was sitting idle so decided to pamper them today. The Ninja with the Katana!
That Red looks dashing to say the least!

I just booked my Golden Brown ZX CVT, a car that has been a dream for more than a decade through my college and initial working days. Awaiting delivery next week and looking forwardto join this group of owners soon

One quick question, there is a 3M tie up with my dealer himself and he is offering me a ceramic coating for 19,500/- with a one year warranty and 4 quarterly free interior and exterior servicing. Is it worthwhile to go for this?
Old 16th February 2021, 19:09   #1313
BHPian

I've a few more questions. The Dealership is not able to answer them properly:
  1. With what speed does the internal SIM card connect to internet? What is its stated capability? 2G/3G/4G? I'm hearing through the internet that this is only 2G speeds.
  2. Has Honda released official information on GC? If so what is that laden and unladen? I could not find it in the brochure.
  3. Does anyone know what changes have been done to the City which was tested in ASEAN NCAP and the one offered in India?
  4. If any of you have 4th Gen and have evaluated 5th Gen can you share your views on both the cars with respect to build quality?
The dealerships are starting a WhatsApp group in which SA, sales lead, finance guys are all present so that they can keep the booking open till the car is delivered. While good in concept, execution is pathetic.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 16th February 2021, 20:31   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeshmbalaji View Post
One quick question, there is a 3M tie up with my dealer himself and he is offering me a ceramic coating for 19,500/- with a one year warranty and 4 quarterly free interior and exterior servicing. Is it worthwhile to go for this?
Ask him what is thickness for ceramic coating.
I got mine coated from detailing devils. They are offerings are like
1 yr 15K (0.3 microns)
3 yr 20K (0.6 microns)
5 yr 25K (1 micron)

The 3 and 5 year come with yearly maintenance where they will clean the car and will do a thorough cleaning with their own products to maintain the shine.
Old 16th February 2021, 20:57   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Damn your City looks hot! Hot enough to attract my eyeballs over one of my all time love - The Ninja

You have a spoiler on you City! Can we have a rear pic as well? Also, please share the details of the spoiler and the paint on your tyres.
Old 16th February 2021, 21:02   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
No i would not reccomend a coating via the dealer.

Its always worthwile to go for a ceramic coat if and only off the right products are used and the most important thing , the detailer is honest and actually applies the right amount of the coating promised. I suggest you find out who the recommended detailers are in your town, and have a good reputation.Compare the prices and see what suits you best, however after a coating you have to take care of how the car is cleaned as well, because a coating doesnt mean that your car will not get swirl marks or scratches.Proper care has to be taken while cleaning the car on a daily basis and most daily car cleaners will definitely screw up a coated car. So a lot of factors to be looked at and then you should take a decission

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 16th February 2021 at 21:05.
Old 16th February 2021, 21:31   #1317
BHPian

Thank you Born 2 Be Wild, luckily I had not yet paid for the coating while the dealer was pushing for it. I will search the team BHP threads for some good detailers in Bangalore.

I have a few queries around the accessories and also on the upkeep that you specified, seeing the way your Katana glitters after 7000Kms. Not sure from where I can send you a private message in the forum without having to disturb everyone on the thread with some silly novice questions
Old 16th February 2021, 22:15   #1318
BHPian

Quote:

I have a few queries around the accessories and also on the upkeep that you specified, seeing the way your Katana glitters after 7000Kms. Not sure from where I can send you a private message in the forum without having to disturb everyone on the thread with some silly novice questions
No issues bro, feel free to ask whatever questions you may have, will be glad to help however i can
The katana glitters because i have applied 2 coats of ceramic coat on it myself , and then let it cure for 48 hrs
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 22:23   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Mine is the 2017 ZX CVT and it does have auto sensing wipers.
One of the things missing is the rain sensing wipers in the 2020 ZX model as compared to the 2017 ZX.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 11:31   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
You have a spoiler on you City! Can we have a rear pic as well? Also, please share the details of the spoiler and the paint on your tyres.
Here you go sir, a pic of the car with the spoiler.
The spoiler was an oem accessory from honda itself, got it fixed by them before delivery of the car.The wheels have been stickered and not painted,have a guy in delhi who does this 4-5 K for 4 depending on what the design is.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-7e78d8d9c2b34e5183ec3670004965fe.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-daa74f940e8e429684c49859ec7212a6.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks