Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2021, 14:34   #1426
BHPian

Bug in Honda Connect App

Wanted to share this bug in 5th Gen Honda City Honda Connect App.

The App reminds owners of upcoming service and helps in booking the service as well.

Usually such reminders work only using the time elapsed (Period) since last service and recommended service schedule. However, Honda seems to have implemented an algorithm to include your running of the vehicle as well into the mix. So based on the running of the vehicle Honda will estimate that you may need to schedule your car for service earlier than recommended schedule. So far so good. Good use for the connected car technology.

However, they have released this feature without fully testing. They are IMHO beta testing with us folks. Take my case. I got my car on 4th March 2021. My car went for first service on 23rd March having clocked 1100 KMs. Just a few days back I got alert on Honda Connect App that I need to book service on June 3rd. Thanks to the lockdown and 2nd wave of the pandemic, I had hardly used the car after the first service. I called Honda helpline(or rather the forward-to-dealer-call-center line). The dealer called up got all the information again from me. Then after a couple of days came back and said that the App is going by my running of the car rather than on the recommended schedule as my running is high. But, my car odometer now is around 1500 KMs. Since I tend to believe the dealer, the only other conclusion is that Honda has a buggy program to predict the next service schedule.

Now, I'm also concerned about the privacy of the data that Honda connect app collects. While things like driving score and KMs driven help in improving the ownership experience and safety, there should be proper permissions taken from owners.

Have you guys faced this issue?

Regards,
lsjey
Old 26th May 2021, 16:18   #1427
src
BHPian

Re: Bug in Honda Connect App

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post

The App reminds owners of upcoming service and helps in booking the service as well.

Regards,
lsjey
Pretty interesting. Got mine on 01st March, while First Servicing was completed on 27th March at 904 kms and today it completed 2000 kms.
But I have not received any notifications for the same.
Old 30th May 2021, 23:26   #1428
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
Format the USB drive in FAT32 format. Copy all the songs and then use the DriveSort utility to sort. When ever you add/delete songs, You need to sort the drive using the DriveSort utility to get the list in order.
It didn't work 100% - the sorting improved but still had some songs here and there not in alignment

Old 2nd June 2021, 18:20   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So far I have not.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2nd-service-date.jpg

My car is in for its second free service tomorrow (5000 km / 6 month) and has run only 2337 km as of today. After the first service, the app had shown the second service due on 5th June and I was reminded of the same 14 days prior in the app. You can check details from my first service here at this link.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4981394 (Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review)

One thing I am planning to get fixed is the driver side mat issue I had discussed earlier.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...floor-mat.html (How to fasten the driver-side floor mat?)

As per the service reminder I have booked for service at Vision Motors, Paravattani-Ollukara, Thrissur on 3rd June 2021 & will update once the service is done. If others have gone through their second service kindly add any useful tips.

Last edited by TrackDay : 2nd June 2021 at 18:29.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 20:56   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
As per the service reminder I have booked for service at Vision Motors, Paravattani-Ollukara, Thrissur on 3rd June 2021 & will update once the service is done. If others have gone through their second service kindly add any useful tips.
Did you book the service through the app? I tried, and it is not working. When I do the booking it says that the service is booked. Then later when I go back to the app to check, the service it says that I need to book the service....

So far my experience with Honda connect app is very bad.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 2nd June 2021, 21:17   #1431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you book the service through the app? I tried, and it is not working. When I do the booking it says that the service is booked. Then later when I go back to the app to check, the service it says that I need to book the service....
Yes, I booked through the app. I had also called them directly after the booking to double confirm since in the light of the recent pandemic restrictions, service centers are open only on certain days of the week.

Regarding the app on your phone, do check with the dealer from where you got the car. Is this the same phone (number) on which the app was registered when you purchased the car ? Also try uninstalling and installing the app again.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 20:42   #1432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
As per the service reminder I have booked for service at Vision Motors, Paravattani-Ollukara, Thrissur on 3rd June 2021 & will update once the service is done.
Got the Second service (5000 km / 6 month) done and it was a quick one. The car went in by 9 am and was out ten minutes after 11 am. All in all, a very quick job and since it was just the second one nothing much to write about. You can find the detailed post on this link:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5076143 (Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review)
Old 8th June 2021, 18:04   #1433
BHPian

Hello everyone, Hope all are doing good.

As already mentioned, I booked V (CVT) [Lunar Silver] on April 23 and eagerly waiting for the delivery which was scheduled to be by June 10th. I got a call from my SA and he was updating about the covid situation in the plant, remote working and not able to get any update on the shipment from the plant as they are not having access to the system remotely. I was anyway expecting a delay in delivery and as expected the manufacturing for this specific variant and color was not done. SA was asking if I am ok with changing the color to Brown and if so he can arrange delivery as the booked person dropped the plan. I was not keen on it and did not go ahead with it. He mentioned that by the 15th or 16th he will give the exact date by which he could deliver.

I would like to understand a couple of things from the owners.
1) Post doing a booking with a token of 10k, since there is no connection with Honda directly how can we track the progress? If I remember right, the process will be like the dealer will raise a request for a Car / Variant / Color with Honda, Honda will produce it and then ship/bill to the dealer and the dealer will allocate it to us.
2) The sales/manufacturing figure for May stands at ~1200 units. Is it for 5th gen or 5th + 4th Gen
(Refer at: https://www.autopunditz.com/post/exe...id-vento-yaris )

The SA also asked me if there is a possibility to upgrade to VX instead of V which I am not so sure of. It bumps my budget by 1.5 lakhs for a sunroof, bigger alloys, 4 extra speakers, Auto ORVMs, etc.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot-20210608-172224.png

Also, one of the youtube reviewers (v3cars) whom I highly regard for the quality of the content has this as a recommended variant.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot-20210608-172246.png

Did any of you consider this as an option or was there a similar situation while you were purchasing? I am neutral on this still Still, I would be happy to listen to fellow BHPians opinions on this. It will help me take a decision (as long as it's not a sales trick) if there comes a situation of non-availability of V and if the only option is to get a VX or wait for another month.
vasi_raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 18:38   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
Did any of you consider this as an option or was there a similar situation while you were purchasing? I am neutral on this still Still, I would be happy to listen to fellow BHPians opinions on this. It will help me take a decision (as long as it's not a sales trick) if there comes a situation of non-availability of V and if the only option is to get a VX or wait for another month.
There are two suggestions that I can share :

1. Use the extra time at hand to evaluate other new upcoming cars like Kushaq etc to see if you still want to be with City.

2. If it's still City and you have funds handy, I will pick VX just for curtain airbags. The extra features will ce handy if you plan to hold your car for long (more than 7 years).

Good luck.
headbanger is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 14:05   #1435
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
Hello everyone, Hope all are doing good.

vasi_raju welcome to the conundrum
Have always said to lot of people that VX is the optimum choice with all the necessary things and it is no brainer to pick this variant.

Although I was more interested in ZX but genuinely thought of VX plenty of times and even did a Test Drive too.

Also tried to reason out the additional features of ZX vs VX and the price difference.

In summary if you have the means go for it and you will not regret few years down the line.
src is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 22:38   #1436
BHPian

Not sure if this was discussed already, took a test drive of 5th gen Honda City MT Petrol. The car was really spacious and seats are very comfortable.
What I observed is every time I try to engage the 2nd gear both from 1st and 3rd, it took a couple of tries to slot the gear into 2nd. The test drive vehicle had close to 10K km. Can MT owners comment on this?
TheWall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 02:45   #1437
BHPian

Hi all,

Went for 2nd free service today (~3500 km completed)

Basic checks done, I skipped washing as they would have wasted at least 2 more hours
Had a look at the underbody, the engine cover had minor scratches on it but looks decent enough to absorb moderate impacts
Service advisor was suggesting to go for wheel alignment/balancing/rotation. I didn't opt for any of these as I feel these should be done at 10000km/1 year interval

The stand out part of today's service was that the service advisor pointed out that the arm rest is missing it's lock. I had never noticed the gap and believed that there is no lock as such because the armrest it self stays pretty much in its place. When informed, I checked on the test vehicle and it was there. So I complained to the Sales executive that this should have been pointed out either during PDI or 1st free service. He started blaming the service dpmt and so on. I am planning to escalate this and will keep you all posted.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210612_125506.jpg

I opted out from the basic kit when I bought the car but the Honda branded cushions always fascinated me. I have looked for car cushions online but wasn't able to find a good quality one. So I purchased a set today for Rs 1300.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210612_104531.jpg
AutoConsultant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 10:48   #1438
Senior - BHPian

@ Mods, are we having a detailed usual official review for Honda City?

A car as legendary as Honda City surely deserves one. If yes, please confirm by when we will have it.
07CR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 10:52   #1439
BHPian

Can someone comment if the front parking sensors (available as accessory) are body colored?
Old 16th June 2021, 15:48   #1440
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob.thomas View Post
Can someone comment if the front parking sensors (available as accessory) are body colored?
No they are not body colored but Dealership will do it for a cost.
Attaching the same for reference but anyways this was complimentary for me.

Also the pricing charged by Dealers are random and they always charge way above the box price.

But I did not create any ruckus since this fitment takes time and the bumper has to be removed for the installation.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city_01.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks