Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2021, 12:54   #1471
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Hi All,

Has anyone used CarBridge with Apple Carplay in their Honda city? I have seen many YouTube tutorials but none of them seem to work. Looking for pointers on this.

Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 17:58   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
However I feel the feedback provided can be personally used to improve our driving habits.
The traffic cops are basically harassment machines. They hide in some random corner and jump out to catch you even if you haven't done anything to break the law. This entire charade makes things unsafe too since they stop the car in the middle of the road and all of the cars behind are inconvenienced. It's just waiting for an accident to happen.

The cameras are definitely a safer deterrent and a way better method to cut out the middleman and any opportunity for corruption. I feel in the next 15 odd years the roads will definitely improve and there would most likely be slightly more sensible and road appropriate speed limits.

But I still find the system of onboard trackers like this a dystopian possibility. The Scandinavian countries with one of the strictest anti-speeding laws don't do such things and neither do other countries with fairly strict speed limits like the UK. So it's quite "tin-foil hat conspiracy" mongering to expect the government to pass such directives.
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 20:21   #1473
BHPian

Took Delivery of the 5th Gen Honda City on 2nd July from Dakshin Honda - Bangalore

Thanks to all BHPIANS on this thread for their sharp comments which helped me to finally get this beauty home! Happy to answer any questions!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210709-20.18.03.jpeg  

sedanlover2021 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 11:57   #1474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanlover2021 View Post
! Happy to answer any questions!
Congrats on the new addition to your family.
I am thinking if spending 1.1 lakhs for ZX over the VX is worth it? What is the general consensus on the forum about this ZX vs VX thing? Amongst the differences, the lane watch feature is what I felt attractive on paper. I will be having the test drive of the ZX along with some other cars next week.
AnnaRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 14:25   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
I am thinking if spending 1.1 lakhs for ZX over the VX is worth it? What is the general consensus on the forum about this ZX vs VX thing? Amongst the differences, the lane watch feature is what I felt attractive on paper. I will be having the test drive of the ZX along with some other cars next week.
The way I see it is - It depends on why you are buying the new car, and the budget you have set. If your budget is already stretched, and the additional 1.1L will require you to replan your financial plans then it is not worth considering ZX. If you are planning to keep the car for say 10 years or so, and the additional 1.1L won't make you compromise your existing lifestyle or future saving plans, then ZX is the best option. You will easily recover that 1.1L over 10 years. I had test driven ZX automatic, and apart from the lane watch camera, I liked the leather seats and the leather inserts inside. Make sure you choose the correct transmission. More than the missing features in VX, wrong transmission will make you regret the purchase or replace the car early.

Last edited by sreerknair : 10th July 2021 at 14:27.
sreerknair is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 16:04   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
The way I see it is - It depends on why you are buying the new car, and the budget you have set........
Very well summarised by sreerknair.

AnnaRocks - Assuming you are not already stretching your budget, the 3 key differences between VX and ZX are :-
1. LED headlights and foglamps - I feel this is very underrated. The headlights change the entire look of the car and have amazing night visibility with good throw. All white front lighting set up looks brilliant.

2. Leather Seat Covers and inserts - The quality of the seat covers is pretty good, feels like they will last for a long while. I also felt some differences in the seat cushioning between VX or ZX (that may just be psychological)

3. Lane Watch Camera - It is a decent feature, not that accurate in terms of distance measurement and gridlines. Just an indicative camera which doesn't add on much in my opinion. I am happy using the OVRMs.

If you are planning to keep the car for a longer duration and are actually interested in at least 2 of these features, then you should go for the ZX.
AutoConsultant is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 21:27   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Make sure you choose the correct transmission. More than the missing features in VX, wrong transmission will make you regret the purchase or replace the car early.

Thank you and also @Autoconsultant. Going by your suggestions, my liking has shifted towards the ZX as I intend to keep it for a long period. I have extensively driven a friend's 3rd gen City automatic years ago and although I liked the car, was not much in awe of the transmission due to the rubber band effect. Never drove the 4th Gen. Let us see how the TD of the 5th gen CVT turns out. Meanwhile, noticing that you have a KL04 tag, would be kind if you or any other Kerala folks could recommend a Honda dealer that stands out in terms of overall service? Any Honda dealer from Kochi to Trivandrum would do. Thanks in advance.
Old 10th July 2021, 21:42   #1478

[b]Full PVC Mats (Floor) -

How much did the PVC flooring cost and could you share the dealer details please ?
Old 10th July 2021, 22:01   #1479
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, noticing that you have a KL04 tag, would be kind if you or any other Kerala folks could recommend a Honda dealer that stands out in terms of overall service? Any Honda dealer from Kochi to Trivandrum would do. Thanks in advance.
I don't own a Honda yet. But the test drive was arranged by Perfect Honda in Kalamassery, and the SA Mr. Deepak was very accommodating. He came to my home almost 60KMs away with the car, and I took the test drive for more than 45 minutes. My wife owns a Honda bought from Vision Honda, and serviced both at Vision and Perfect. No negatives incidents till now from both of them.
sreerknair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 14:48   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
I liked the car, was not much in awe of the transmission due to the rubber band effect. Let us see how the TD of the 5th gen CVT turns out.
I'm assuming this will be your primary car and daily driver, so I would suggest you go for the CVT without hesitation. The convenience of the auto transmission greatly outweighs any downsides. The manual while effective from quick power delivery point of view does make driving within the city/ at slow speeds a chore. It's unlikely that you'll use the fun part of owning a manual more often let alone daily, than the hassle free driving the CVT offers. Plus since you plan on keeping the car for longer, I feel that you'll never regret the convenience of the CVT. Modern CVTs especially ones from Honda are bulletproof so the reliability concern will be staved off as well.

I have the ZX CVT and I agree the rubber band effect does sometimes get mildly annoying (especially during overtakes on city roads) but the car is more than capable if you know how to get the most out of it. Instead of flooring the accelerator, if you press it faster but gradually, it does the job. Plus you have the shift paddles for the "gears" to get the power you want. It's a fantastic car otherwise and I hope you enjoy whatever your final choice ends up being.
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 15:09   #1481
BHPian

Thanks for the warm wishes. I picked up VX CVT Petrol.

Why did I pick this up instead of ZX:

1) Same security package (6 airbags)
2) I did not find the lane watch camera a must have feature.
3) The leather seats were sexy but I got honda original leather seat covers installed in color of my choice: Black (these are made keeping the airbags in mind and are compatible)
4) I would rather invest a piece of that extra 1.1 Lac in swapping my stock tires earlier at the 20K mark (will try and get 195s then!)
5) The price difference if was about 50-60K it would have made more sense in my opinion!
Old 11th July 2021, 15:12   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanlover2021 View Post
Took Delivery of the 5th Gen Honda City on 2nd July from Dakshin Honda - Bangalore

Thanks to all BHPIANS on this thread for their sharp comments which helped me to finally get this beauty home! Happy to answer any questions!
This is a VX CVT Petrol.

No discounts were given to me apart from 8000 rs. voucher on accessories.

I purchased the insurance from acko which helped me save 20K on dealers quote.
Old 11th July 2021, 15:22   #1483
BHPian

I'll second the post above. I've had the ZX CVT for the last 6-7 months. For city driving, it has not been an issue at all. Overtaking is a breeze and given enough time with the car, you'll likely learn to anticipate the intricacies of how the throttle response behaves. I have never needed to use the Paddle Shifters. Only tried it out for the novelty factor once or twice.

Living in a city with horrific traffic at times, I personally would not look at a MT.
GNG19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 09:34   #1484
MCR
BHPian

I took a Test Drive of the City ZX Petrol Manual Transmission Variant yesterday at Magnum Honda, Kanakapura Road.
Following are my observations;

1. The tyres were almost bald (MRFs) in a 12K run car.
2. The clutch bite point was a bit tricky to judge initially.
3. The clutch action itself was not too smooth.
4. The Engine was very audible in the cabin beyond 2500 rpm.
5. V-TEC motor is very linear in acceleration. lacks mid range punch though.
6. Supple and compliant ride quality at city and highway speeds.
7. Super Comfortable seats.
8. No underbody scarping on XL sized road humps with 3 adults and 2 kids.
9. Low resolution Camera's (both Reverse and Lane watch).
10. Horrible UI and resolution of Honda Digipad Infotainment System.
11. Cool looking and info laden Instrument Cluster.
12. No Adaptive guidelines for Rear Camera.

Overall was very impressed with the 5th Generation Honda City. Will take a Test Drive of S-Cross once before deciding.
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 15:55   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_VR View Post
[b]Full PVC Mats (Floor) -

How much did the PVC flooring cost and could you share the dealer details please ?
It costed me Rs. 2200/- including the boot area. They will remove the front and rear seats, place the PVC material along the floor and glue it. It is a common job done in many outlets. I did it in SS Car Accessories, Coimbatore.
vasi_raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks