Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2020, 05:26   #1201
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Is there a shift lock release button in Honda city cvt?
The procedure in the Jazz CVT, to release shift lock, is a pain. I’m not sure if it’s a bad design or intentionally made difficult to deter theft.

I’m assuming the shift lever is the same as in your City. Check the Handling the Unexpected section of your owner’s manual -
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1dc666b8fbe9404a80fbc48c4609f94e.jpeg  

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 17th December 2020 at 05:29.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 16:47   #1202

Re: Honda City Dealership - Request for Update Dec 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by petertheo View Post
Hi Friends
can the experts suggest me the best dealership to buy from. I stay in Western Suburbs, but going to the city (no pun intended) is no problem

Viva Honda, Solitaire Honda, Hall mark Honda -- all quoted me more or less the same price. So it boils down to service, really.
I booked a City V CVT yesterday from Viva Honda, Chandivali on my first visit and their service has been amazing. Everything is documented and communicated properly in writing and I'll be visiting the stockyard and making my payment tomorrow for a delivery easily before the end of the month
vlkn0 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 08:19   #1203
BHPian

Spotted 3 grey top spec Honda City cars being driven by auto magazine reviewers yesterday evening (around 4pm) on the Gurgaon-Delhi highway near Radisson Blu. There was a mad camera crew following in an XUV300 with the windows down and sunroof open - the cameraman was sticking half of his body out to take videos and pictures.

What could this variant be? The much promised hybrid?

Last edited by reppy : 20th December 2020 at 08:20.
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 23:45   #1204
BHPian

Not sure of the quantum of the hike but there is news that Honda is going to increase prices of their cars..

Honda to increase car prices!
Old 21st December 2020, 13:45   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Spotted 3 grey top spec Honda City cars being driven by auto magazine reviewers yesterday evening (around 4pm) on the Gurgaon-Delhi highway near Radisson Blu. There was a mad camera crew following in an XUV300 with the windows down and sunroof open - the cameraman was sticking half of his body out to take videos and pictures.

What could this variant be? The much promised hybrid?
Just a fuel economy run done by 91wheels

ATRONIX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 20:29   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Is there a shift lock release button in Honda city cvt?
There is a slot in front of the lever. Not sure if it is for the shift release ? Experts kindly comment !
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city-shift-lock.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2020, 00:28   #1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
There is a slot in front of the lever. Not sure if it is for the shift release ? Experts kindly comment !
I test drove a ZX CVT today and I used that lever to move from D to S mode.
Old 26th December 2020, 21:18   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Test drove Honda City CVT today.

1. Excellent rear seat. Honda has put its efforts pretty well here. Felt like relaxing and having a nap while traveling, let chauffeur handle the stress of driving on Indian roads. Marvelous space.

2. Spot on ergonomics. Front seats are improved, but biggest gain is better visibility outside. Dashboard is lower than 4th generation increasing the sense of space in an already spacious car. If drivers seat is in highest position, one can see the bonnet. Nice

3. Engine needs no introduction. But engine works well to hide the deficiency of gearbox. Same problem I faced with Magnite : very slow to pick up speed after clearing speed breakers at very low speeds. But then City was much more alert, it picks up speed with slight hesitation from gearbox but then it picks up from there quite well. Even mildly aggressive throttle inputs are handled well. Only when one starts gunning that fantastic motor that gearbox falls short. Returning home after a long day at office ? Be it rear seat while being chauffeured or self driving, City CVT is effortless to drive. Smooth gearbox, silent engine and chiller of an AC.

4. Ride is much mature and improved over 4th generation. Very nice. But the suspension is damn noisy and annoying specially at rear. If the rear seat is excellent, that's because of noisy rear suspension which is a hurdle from rear seat experience achieving "perfect" rating.

5. Steering feel is also an improvement over 4th generation. Honda has taken feedback seriously for this new generation.
aaggoswami is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 12:11   #1209
BHPian

Test drove the City ZX CVT last week. Here are my observations:

1. Most important - I could fit the car in my tight parking spot comfortably, albeit going back and forth once, which is okay. This is the 1st test which decides if I should proceed with the test drive or not.
2. Fantastic ergonomics. I could find a comfortable driving position in no time. I could adjust the driver seat such that I didn’t feel seating way down.
3. Cabin is spacious and so is the rear seat. The dashboard is set in such a way that driver gets all-round visibility.
4. Driver seat has great back support but could have managed with a bit more under thigh support too. I liked the driver armrest. Just wished it could have been either longer or adjustable.
5. Lovely interior ambience. Cabin look & feel is plush. Leather quality is good. Seat cushioning is good too. Rear seat has a comfortable angel. For my height (5ft 7in), I didn’t face any issue with non-adjustable rear headrest.
6. Since I am coming from 1.2 Zest petrol, I found the 1.5 NA iVTEC powerful, obviously. Took a long test drive of about 20km with tall and uneven speed breakers and some uneven sections. Did not face any issue with ground clearance. But I do plan to take the family along too again to check GC. This time around they were just not ready to accompany due to COVID situation.
7. I used the “S” mode and could take the car to 80kmph in 2nd gear.
8. I could hear minor road noise creeping in. Noticed that wheel wells do not have cladding. This has resulted in poor insulation. Not sure why would Honda do this?
9. ORVM placement on the door reduces the A-Pillar’s blind spots. Zest’s ORVMs are big enough to create blind spots but I still liked their size.
10. Digital rev-counter looks great.
11. Powerful air conditioner. The rotary buttons feel great.
12. Buttons on the steering are of high quality. Steering feels good to hold. Chunky with the perfect thickness. Quick & responsive too
13. All 4 windows get auto-up & down and can be controlled through fob key as well. Also all driver side buttons are backlit. Fob key can be used to start the car too (for CVT only). Loved this!
14. I noticed that if you child-lock the passenger windows, even the driver cannot operate them. This was not the case with my Zest.
15. Head unit is okay. I am fine with the sound quality but the unit itself could have been better. Right now it feels a bit aftermarket fit. The lanewatch camera quality could have been better too, though it does the job well. Reverse camera display is low resolution too. No reverse parking guidelines. That would have come very handy in my parking spot. Hyundai decidedly has an advantage here with better branded music system (Bose) and reverse parking guidelines. Tata Nexon does a great job here with the Harmon Kardon unit.
16. Spare wheel is a full size alloy.
sam264_2000 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 15:24   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Test drove the City ZX CVT last week. Here are my observations:
I am also pretty in a catch 22 situation. With limited budget (don’t want to splurge unnecessarily & at the same want to have the best of the best possible) was in dilemma with the current offerings in market. There is very limited choice. Either you can choose a so called compact pseudo SUV or a proper sedan like city ( now I don’t have to disclose my budget). I was very much excited with the launch of 5th generation city but the front & rear over hangs are a concern to me. So I am still waiting for a detailed review which can help me. And as we are approaching a new year was hoping to see some new launches & new options to choose from.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th December 2020 at 16:53. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post as it inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
distiller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 21:00   #1211

I've been put off by the same video. I first thought it was an one off issue but then looking at the comments for the video made it pretty clear that everyone have these niggles

I'm still waiting for the follow up video, not sure if anyone in this group have the squeaks and creaks in their car along with the noise from the front left suspension
Old 29th December 2020, 18:17   #1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocizer View Post
I've been put off by the same video. I first thought it was an one off issue but then looking at the comments for the video made it pretty clear that everyone have these niggles

I'm still waiting for the follow up video, not sure if anyone in this group have the squeaks and creaks in their car along with the noise from the front left suspension
Which video is that?

After really looking at Seltos and Creta, I test drove the City early last week. It was the top of the line ZX CVT, and I absolutely loved the car.

The exteriors felt stronger and more premium than the previous-gen City, and the interiors were definitely a notch or two above the Creta and the Seltos.

I was more impressed with the driving experience and the comfort of the City, and coupled with the long waiting periods of on Creta and Seltos, my decision moved in the favor of the City. Obvious disadvantages were lower GC, poorer in-car entertainment, but I felt I could live with those. Went ahead and booked the car and expecting delivery by 31st.

Some suggestions needed:

1) The SA says there's no need of teflon coating for protecting the body, but underbody rust coating may be more useful. This may be driven by the fact that Honda is currently offering only under-body packages. . What do you guys think? I'm in half mind to go for a package from 3M car care nearby, may be better experience.

2) What other accessories should be put on a car right out of the showroom. There is basic set of bucket mats included, but that's about it.

3) I did a PDI and got the info that the car was manufactured in Dec 2020, so that part looks perfect.

Anything else to keep in mind as I inch closer to the day of delivery?
jiteshdivine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 01:01   #1213
BHPian

Booked a ZX MT (White) last Sunday. Fairly straightforward booking experience, the sales rep didn't push me to take the Basic Kit and was also okay in me getting insurance from outside (although I went for Honda Assure only). Offered a decent overall discount of around 45k.

Will go for PDI tomorrow and take the delivery on 1st.
AutoConsultant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 10:51   #1214
BHPian

Does this include exchange bonus?. Regardless, I am surprised because they are offering discount on a newly launched car. In the past, they hardly offered any discount on a new model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Booked a ZX MT (White) last Sunday. Fairly straightforward booking experience, the sales rep didn't push me to take the Basic Kit and was also okay in me getting insurance from outside (although I went for Honda Assure only). Offered a decent overall discount of around 45k.

Will go for PDI tomorrow and take the delivery on 1st.
adithya.kp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 10:53   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Does this include exchange bonus?. Regardless, I am surprised because they are offering discount on a newly launched car. In the past, they hardly offered any discount on a new model.
No, not exchanging any car. I was also surprised by the cash discount offered, year end discounts may be.
AutoConsultant is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks