Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 14:52   #1231
BHPian

Re: Honda City 5th Gen ZX MT Petrol - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounak04 View Post
Just a few queries-
1. I have seen some reviews where the owners have complained of rattles coming from the interior especially near the Sunroof. Have u experienced any such rattles?
2. I have heard from a few owners that the dampers on the front passenger side vibrates and makes some sounds. Is that true?
3. I know the Manual is the best but how is the clutch? Is it light enough for the daily city commute? I'm not a fan of the CVT but the convenience of an Automatic is unmatched. Also what was the Price difference between the CVT and Manual?
Yes, I was also a little deterred by those reviews. But as I looked through the comments, I could see there were almost equal number of people who didn't have those issues. Also, the youtuber Fake Maxx posted a follow-up video mentioning that his interior noises/rattles near the sunroof have been resolved. I feel these complaints are kind of minor and can be resolved and hence went ahead with the purchase.

I have just driven 250 km till now and haven't faced any such issues. You get some road and tyre noise When there's no music playing in the cabin but that's about it.

For the clutch, my reference point would be my Baleno and it is comparable to that. It should be light enough for city driving. I test drove the CVT as well but there was just no connect with the car. I wfh and don't travel daily so a manual suits my needs. If you have a daily commute of 40-50 km in city traffic, then just have a test drive of both the transmissions. At the end you'll have to make the call and decide between control or convenience.

The price difference is 1.5 lacs between manual and CVT across the range.

Last edited by AutoConsultant : 7th January 2021 at 15:15. Reason: Typo
AutoConsultant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 16:09   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
If you have a daily commute of 40-50 km in city traffic, then just have a test drive of both the transmissions. At the end you'll have to make the call and decide between control or convenience.

The price difference is 1.5 lacs between manual and CVT across the range.
Does the 5Gen City have hill hold or hill start assist on the manual version as well ?
Old 7th January 2021, 16:33   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Does the 5Gen City have hill hold or hill start assist on the manual version as well ?
5th Gen City has all the safety features like Hill hold, Agile handling assist, VSM, ESP, Traction control, 4 airbags as standard on all variants. That was the prime reason for me going ahead with the base V variant in automatic guise (rather than VX manual, which is the same price on road).

Last edited by Nav-i-gator : 7th January 2021 at 16:34.
Nav-i-gator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 16:54   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
5th Gen City has all the safety features like Hill hold, Agile handling assist, VSM, ESP, Traction control, 4 airbags as standard on all variants. That was the prime reason for me going ahead with the base V variant in automatic guise (rather than VX manual, which is the same price on road).
Yes, please find attached the variant level comparison. I was initially planning to go for the VX but wife, who is the co-investor, wanted white lights

But I am glad I made that jump, because the LED Headlights just enhance the overall look and appeal of the car and the seats are much more comfortable as compared to the lower variants. The Lane Watch camera and All window auto up down are handy features too.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20210107164943.jpg  

AutoConsultant is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 00:22   #1235

Quote:
Variant booked - City ZX MT Petrol (Pearl White) - Rs 14.7 on-road
I think you meant 15.7L on road. Does the 45k discount include exchange bonus?
There is around 20k price hike on the ZX MT for MY2021 model
Old 8th January 2021, 01:16   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocizer View Post
I meant 14.7 only. No, 45k is straight out cash bonus, it only includes 7k corporate discount. This is a 2020 registered car and hence the discount.
AutoConsultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 09:23   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
₹15.7 lakh is the OTR cost in Hyderabad. The RTO charges in Delhi is one of the lowest in the country.

For the City ZX Petrol, there's a difference of ₹1.1 lakh in the RTO charges between Delhi and Bangalore. This makes a huge difference in the OTR cost.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210108_090758.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210108_090516.jpg  

SgtRepeat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 09:24   #1238

Quote:
I meant 14.7 only. No, 45k is straight out cash bonus, it only includes 7k corporate discount. This is a 2020 registered car and hence the discount.
Oh ok looks like it is a lot cheaper on road in Delhi. Here in Hyderabad ZX MT is 16,18,527 on road MY 2021
Old 8th January 2021, 09:31   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Oh ok looks like it is a lot cheaper on road in Delhi. Here in Hyderabad ZX MT is 16,18,527 on road MY 2021
The OTR price of the ZX MT Petrol in Hyderabad is ₹15,60,091. If you negotiate further with dealers, you might be able to drive the price even lower. Wonder what the additional ₹58k you've quoted is for.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210108_092831.jpg  

Old 8th January 2021, 10:34   #1240

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

I cancelled my booking for the Skoda Rapid Ambition AT so here's my City V CVT in pearl white! I could not be happier

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_5743.jpg

Night mode

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-e51eb1cd7ba44dbb8a18f79d7d4ac948.jpg
vlkn0 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 09:54   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there! First of all congratulations on your new ride, it looks great in white with those LEDs!

Secondly are the discounts still available on MY 2020 cars, one of my close friends who was Initially going for Seltos Petrol HTK+ is now looking towards a City V/VX petrol variant( After a lot of arguments ).

Thanks in advance!
Old 10th January 2021, 09:59   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
Hi there! First of all congratulations on your new ride, it looks great in white with those LEDs!

Secondly are the discounts still available on MY 2020 cars, one of my close friends who was Initially going for Seltos Petrol HTK+ is now looking towards a City V/VX petrol variant( After a lot of arguments ).

Thanks in advance!
Thanks!

The plant is closed till 15th Jan, so you will have to check with a couple of dealers. If someone has your required spec available in their stock, you can easily negotiate with them.
Old 10th January 2021, 11:53   #1243

After enquiring couple of dealers in Hyderabad I found Metro Honda offering the highest discount and they had an immediately available vehicle

Booked our ZX CVT pearl white 2021 MY
final price 16.9L(Ext. warranty 4th & 5th and 4year RSA) + 39,100 INR Insurance HDFC Ergo (Nil dep + TP 3 yrs)
there was around 20k price hike for the 2021 MY models

the total discount we got was 8k as corporate and 10k in cash
I also didn't opt for the basic accessory kit which was 7k
Old 10th January 2021, 11:59   #1244

Hello Guys,

I own a Honda City 2020 V Variant. I had a thought of changing my 15 inch alloy wheels and tires to 16 inch diamond cut alloys and tires that comes with VX variant from Honda itself. When I spoke to dealer, the dealer told me that the V variant vehicle comes with vehicle alignment for 15inch alloys and if I change it to 16inch alloys, there might be performance issues in longer run. Is it true or can I safely upgrade my 15inch alloys?

Also, anybody had thought about this and had already done similar alloy change from Honda itself?
Old 10th January 2021, 17:41   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath1882 View Post
Hello Guys,

I own a Honda City 2020 V Variant. I had a thought of changing my 15 inch alloy wheels and tires to 16 inch diamond cut alloys and tires that comes with VX variant from Honda itself. When I spoke to dealer, the dealer told me that the V variant vehicle comes with vehicle alignment for 15inch alloys and if I change it to 16inch alloys, there might be performance issues in longer run. Is it true or can I safely upgrade my 15inch alloys?

Also, anybody had thought about this and had already done similar alloy change from Honda itself?

I was planning to do this but when I calculated the cost involved and the difference of price and features in V and VX, I decided to opt for VX by paying 1 lac more.

The alloys can be purchased as a spare part form honda they can order it for you. A set of 4 may cost close to 36-40K.

You will need to get the balancing and alignment done and you should be good to go.
sonil.luthra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks