Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2021, 11:44   #1276
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
Need some advice on the following matter:
I want to know if what I'm doing is the correct thing. To me even though I trust the dealer, I just don't want to keep the car at the dealer place unnecessarily.

Regards,
lsjey
I have recently purchased Creta, registration & delivery was done on the same day, the dealer printed the number allotted (the same was received by me through sms only) on a white paper and same was pasted on the Car & told me that HSRP number plate will be available in 1-2 days, however I got the HSRP plate installed after 4-5 days due to my busy schedule. In this period, I daily drove the car to my office and no traffic police personnel stopped me, implying it is not an offence as traffic personnel in Delhi don't let go of even slightest of opportunity to make a quick buck.
SolidusSnake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 12:18   #1277
BHPian

Hey I wanted to know how many people can use Honda connect at one time? Like how many phones can be logged in? Who all can see the location?
Old 29th January 2021, 20:33   #1278
BHPian

Wanted to know if the soft copy of 5th Gen Honda City user manual is available? Just wanted to take a look at the manual to familiarize myself with the ICE and other feature details.

If anyone has please share.
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 22:40   #1279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
Hey I wanted to know how many people can use Honda connect at one time? Like how many phones can be logged in? Who all can see the location?
I have tried till four in honda connect. Probably there are enough slots for a full family.
R2_d2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 10:16   #1280
BHPian

I did my booking on Thursday for the ZX MT Petrol City. I'd used the sale proceeds from my old car Manza as the booking amount.

I was provided with a Journal Voucher by the Dealer which shows credit for the sale price of my old car.

Now, when I checked with the SA, he told me that there is no special booking receipt and whichever mode of payment this voucher is what will be given. Want to check if this is right?

BTW how do you check if the booking has been accepted and order placed with Honda by the dealer?

Regards,
lsjey

Note: I found this thread (What happens after you book a car?)and read it. Still would request someone to share latest info.

Last edited by lsjey : 30th January 2021 at 10:36.
Old 30th January 2021, 15:56   #1281
BHPian

Need advice from experts on the following accessories for the 5th Gen Honda City:

1. Dashcam: I've a Transcend drivepro 1080p that was installed in my previous car. I thought it will be better to install this to monitor and record events in the rear of the new car. This means that I need to buy a new one for recording events on the front of the car. It has been a long time that I'd been shopping around for these dashcams and hence need inputs on these. Looking for power backup and Wi-Fi connectivity to view live the feed and to download clips. Request TBHPians to suggest a few. Will have to check with the car dealer to see if he will install this for me. As there will be airbags in the traditional A pillar route for wiring, will need their help anyways.
2. Gear Lock: Not sure if I'll need a U Lock or Pin type lock. Thought this will increase safety of the car parked outside my home. Please do suggest brands and places to buy as well.
3. AC air filter: In my old car there was a lot of dust coming through the AC vents, causing severe allergy. Almost all members of my family have dust and pollen allergy. Is it possible to install an air-filter in the AC vents? I thought that the car manufactures should by default install one. I know for sure that it was not installed in Manza. This is important for me. Before I talk to the dealer to install them want to check if 5th Gen Honda City comes with such filter and if not is it possible to install? Any suggestions on the type of filter to buy will help. Personally feel that I should install a true HEPA filter.

Mods, if you think this post does not belong here, do move it to appropriate thread.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 30th January 2021, 21:33   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3. AC air filter: In my old car there was a lot of dust coming through the AC vents, causing severe allergy. Almost all members of my family have dust and pollen allergy. Is it possible to install an air-filter in the AC vents?
I don't know if cars have filters in the A/C vents. I have heard & seen of acoustic insulation to reduce blower noise near the vent outlet. Other than that there is the main cabin A/C filter. This is accessible from the dashboard and can be cleaned by oneself as much as needed.

I have attached pictures of the same in my review:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ty-review.html (Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review)
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 21:49   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
I don't know if cars have filters in the A/C vents. I have heard & seen of acoustic insulation to reduce blower noise near the vent outlet. Other than that there is the main cabin A/C filter. This is accessible from the dashboard and can be cleaned by oneself as much as needed.

I have attached pictures of the same in my review:
Thanks a ton for pointing it out. Enjoyed reading your review. Enjoy your City!

A big thumbs up for Honda for providing this filter. Will now explore with Dealer if a HEPA filter is available as an option.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 30th January 2021, 22:58   #1284
BHPian

Quote:
Need advice from experts on the following accessories for the 5th Gen Honda City:

2. Gear Lock: Not sure if I'll need a U Lock or Pin type lock. Thought this will increase safety of the car parked outside my home. Please do suggest brands and places to buy as well.
I got a pin type gear lock (at the front passenger side) fixed in my 5th gen City for Rs 1200 in Delhi. The guy struggled a little bit, said that the gear positioning is different from 4th gen and had to go under the car to find the right location to make the hole.

On a separate note, I got the Extended Warranty today for Rs 11300. Forgot to ask about Honda Care, let me know if you have any details.

Also, has anyone gone for anti-rust coating? How useful is it?

Last edited by AutoConsultant : 30th January 2021 at 23:00. Reason: Additional points
AutoConsultant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 23:14   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
I got a pin type gear lock (at the front passenger side) fixed in my 5th gen City for Rs 1200 in Delhi. The guy struggled a little bit, said that the gear positioning is different from 4th gen and had to go under the car to find the right location to make the hole.

On a separate note, I got the Extended Warranty today for Rs 11300. Forgot to ask about Honda Care, let me know if you have any details.

Also, has anyone gone for anti-rust coating? How useful is it?
Can you post pictures of the gear lock? This will be helpful.

I decided against the anti-rust coating. I'm in Chennai and still feel that this is not needed. May be after a few years this can be done. I'd done this on my older car Manza though. I feel that nowadays manufacturers do a very good job of painting the cars.
Old 31st January 2021, 14:33   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Can you post pictures of the gear lock? This will be helpful.
Here are a couple of photos of the gear lock I got installed.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210131_142109.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210131_142101.jpg  

AutoConsultant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 18:35   #1287
BHPian

Quote:

So guys please let me know if any of you have had dealers citing the HSLP and keeping the registered car in their place for 3-4 days? If so how did you handle it?

Regards,
lsjey
I can tell you about delhi i got my car delivered around 15/11/2020 and drove around on temp No. stickers for a good month before my HSRP arrived at the dealers, i am partly to blame as i wanted a no. Of my choice so the delay. There were zero hassles from the dealers end in giving me the car without the registeration plates.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 18:42   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Need some advice on the following matter:
[list=1][*]Sales rep is saying that new High Security License Plate (HSLP) will take 3-4 days to fix as it needs to be sent from other city(Mumbai I guess)[*]He also claims that it is not possible to deliver the vehicle before the HSLP is fixed. This means that the car will be with the dealer for these days.

I want to know if what I'm doing is the correct thing. To me even though I trust the dealer, I just don't want to keep the car at the dealer place unnecessarily.

Regards,
lsjey
I got my registration plate fixed during my first service!
Thmh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 20:26   #1289
BHPian

I got my car from Gurgaon. Drove around on the temporary number plate for a week before I got the High Security Plate. Didn't face an issue from the dealership/cops.
GNG19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 18:55   #1290

Hey all, I've been meaning to log in my driving and purchase experience since a while, but just got a chance after completing a month and getting done with the first free service.

I got the ZX CVT delivered on 31st Dec in Modern Steel Metallic. After considering Seltos and Creta for their popularity, I was completely floored by the driving experience, the convenience of the CVT, and the interiors that are very well designed on the City. Went ahead and booked the car after negotiating good value for my 2011 i20 and a pretty decent discount (65K including 30K exchange).

While I loved the MT driving experience more, I'm just a mid-30s lazy person who couldn't get over the convenience of an automatic. This is my first time owning and driving an automatic, and it's just so easy. I got in the habit of using the paddle shifters while in D mode, just to overtake and get a buzz while driving, and they haven't disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Just a brief background about me -
- Born and brought up in Delhi
- crazy about cars since childhood, have attended each and every Auto Expo since 2000, also went to the Frankfurt Motor show in 2017
- have an automotive engineering as well
- have driven more than 30 vehicles via rentals across the world but this would be my first self-purchased car
Hey man, congrats to you too and the car definitely is a head turner on the Delhi roads. I move around in the Delhi NCR area so your observation is spot on!

Did you or any of the other recent owners get extended warranty and anti-rust underbody, or the silencer coating?

My car is about a month old now and some minor scratches are already there, does it still make sense to go for a body coating?

On the automatic, is it ok to shift to 'S' while in 'D' mode at about 60kmph? I tried it once and I felt some jerk, so wasn't sure of doing it again before confirming here. I do use paddle shifters for quick overtakes while in D and that's very satisfying.

Overall, love the car and the comfort on offer. It definitely feels a segment higher and compared to my original choice of Creta\Seltos, it feels classier and more fun to drive.
jiteshdivine is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks