Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2021, 20:17   #1291
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiteshdivine View Post
I got the ZX CVT delivered on 31st Dec in Modern Steel Metallic
Hi Jitesh, if you don't mind, could you please post some pictures of the exterior without any image enhancements ? I have been trying to get a natural pic of City in Modern Steel Metallic. Couldn't see one in Dealer yard as well. Just to compare it against White color.
sreerknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 21:06   #1292
BHPian

Quote:

Did you or any of the other recent owners get extended warranty and anti-rust underbody, or the silencer coating?

My car is about a month old now and some minor scratches are already there, does it still make sense to go for a body coating?
I asked around a little bit and the general consensus is to go with the Extended Warranty so I got it during my first free service.

Still thinking about Anti-rust, might get it done sometime later but not at the moment.

Body coating is a personal choice. If you want to get it done, go for it now. They will repair the minor scratches before putting on the coating. I went for a ceramic coating as I felt it will protect the original paint and maintain the shine for the first few years.
Old 2nd February 2021, 21:27   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
I have been trying to get a natural pic of City in Modern Steel Metallic. Couldn't see one in Dealer yard as well. Just to compare it against White color.
While on a test drive visit to the dealer, was able to get a pic of Modern Steel Metallic, Golden Brown and Lunar Silver shades, unfortunately, they didnt have White in stock which is what I was keen to have a look at. Excuse the poor quality pics, not helped by a typically dirty dealer yard

Cheers
Uday

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20210202_204331.jpg
Silver (Red partially visible)

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20210202_204440.jpg
Modern Steel Metallic

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20210202_204409.jpg
Golden Brown and Modern Steel Metallic
uday.ere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 23:11   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
While on a test drive visit to the dealer, was able to get a pic of Modern Steel Metallic,
Thank you Uday, looks like the front black accents are more pronounced in Silver and White, compared to Steel Metalic.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 10:57   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you or any of the other recent owners get extended warranty and anti-rust underbody, or the silencer coating?

On the automatic, is it ok to shift to 'S' while in 'D' mode at about 60kmph? I tried it once and I felt some jerk, so wasn't sure of doing it again before confirming here.
Congrats on your new car !

1. I got extended warranty & underbody coating from the showroom itself during the purchasing phase before delivery. However silencer coating was not mentioned and I too forgot about that. I was asked about it during my first free service and didn't take it up.

2. I am not an expert here and I too will wait for opinions from people who really know this stuff. In general I do not think it is good to change gears in an automatic car, while the car is in motion. Overriding using Triptronic / paddle is ok though.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 12:43   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post

2. I am not an expert here and I too will wait for opinions from people who really know this stuff. In general I do not think it is good to change gears in an automatic car, while the car is in motion. Overriding using Triptronic / paddle is ok though.
Absolutely no issues in shifting from D mode to S mode and vice versa at all while on the move.
Old 3rd February 2021, 19:09   #1297

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Hi Jitesh, if you don't mind, could you please post some pictures of the exterior without any image enhancements ? I have been trying to get a natural pic of City in Modern Steel Metallic. Couldn't see one in Dealer yard as well. Just to compare it against White color.
Hey, attaching a couple of images from my PDI. Haven't clicked too many after delivery. My first choice was Golden Brown but heard it doesn't age well, the next closest choice of the Mrs was Modern Steel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
I asked around a little bit and the general consensus is to go with the Extended Warranty so I got it during my first free service.
Great, thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Congrats on your new car !

1. I got extended warranty & underbody coating from the showroom itself during the purchasing phase before delivery. However silencer coating was not mentioned and I too forgot about that. I was asked about it during my first free service and didn't take it up.
Awesome, I'm planning to extend the warranty too, but needed a general opinion. I was offered all 3 on my first service last weekend. Not so inclined for the anti-rust or the silencer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Absolutely no issues in shifting from D mode to S mode and vice versa at all while on the move.
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-image0.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_1862.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_1863.jpg  

jiteshdivine is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 19:35   #1298
BHPian

Waiting period for cars are getting crazy levels. Kia Seltos and Sonet have around 4 months. Even Tata also has wait period I heard.

For Honda City also the wait periods are getting high. Just got to know from SA that City in the color of my choice Modern steel will be available only by April

Also, Honda has reduced the exchange bonus from 20K to 10K. Need to negotiate with Dealer all over again....

Regards,
lsjey
Old 3rd February 2021, 21:02   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post

For Honda City also the wait periods are getting high. Just got to know from SA that City in the color of my choice Modern steel will be available only by April

lsjey
Wow thats crazy! The reason i got the city was because i cancelled my Thar booking because of the same delay circus by mahindra, walked into honda took the test drive and gave my choice of colour SA checked his inventory and said he has it in stock so got a red city zx in a span of 4 days in delhi in november 2020. Friend picked up a white V cvt as well around same time and no wait time for him as well in jan 21.

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 3rd February 2021 at 21:23.
Old 5th February 2021, 01:20   #1300
BHPian

I saw 3-4 videos on YouTube regarding owners complaining about rattling noises in the new city. Can anyone here give a take on the same? Is anyone here also facing similar issues? Or it's just one in a hundred off chance issue?
Gallardo_17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 23:30   #1301
BHPian

I am in the process of searching for a new car and have the City as one of my options. I did a test drive and felt the car was very good overall but had one minor observation during the test drive. I was going up a ramp and the front bumper scraped the ramp a little. I am also a little concerned about the GC although I did not face any issues during the test drive. Can any of you tell me if you have seen any such issues with your cars.

Cheers. Stay safe!
ramsudhir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 11:49   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
I saw 3-4 videos on YouTube regarding owners complaining about rattling noises in the new city. Can anyone here give a take on the same? Is anyone here also facing similar issues? Or it's just one in a hundred off chance issue?
I didn't experience any rattles and the car is very refined under normal driving conditions.
Siva Prakash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 21:38   #1303
BHPian

Has anyone been able to play video on the touchscreen? If yes, can you share the specs of the video (format, resolution etc)
Old 8th February 2021, 18:11   #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir View Post
I am in the process of searching for a new car and have the City as one of my options. I did a test drive and felt the car was very good overall but had one minor observation during the test drive. I was going up a ramp and the front bumper scraped the ramp a little. I am also a little concerned about the GC although I did not face any issues during the test drive. Can any of you tell me if you have seen any such issues with your cars.

Cheers. Stay safe!

Absolutely no issues of noise or GC till now, almost 900kms on the meter.
jiteshdivine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 18:32   #1305

Mod note: Back to back posts, please use Edit option to add to original post. Thanks.

Owner of a ZX CVT at 4200kms on the Odo. I can confirm that there's a mild creaking noise inside the cabin when driving on uneven roads.

Its not always there but is very very annoying when it starts.

I'm taking it to the workshop tomorrow to get it checked out.

I'll keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir View Post

Cheers. Stay safe!
There is definitely a bit of overhang on the front bumper. It WILL scrape a bit if your car is loaded.

I've also had scenarios where I scraped the front bumper when I was navigating through one of Bangalore's famous craters.

I dont know if there's a solution to this since at 165mm, the car does sit a tad lower than other sedans in town!

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th February 2021 at 18:54. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Edit option to add to original post. Thanks.
ashwin_murali is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks