Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2021, 13:46   #1381
Senior - BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Congrats on booking the car and here's hoping you get her as fast as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
TrackDay, may be you can throw some light on the fabric and dust accumulated since you have the same variant :-)
I clean my car in detail once every month, both interior and exterior. When it comes to interior fabrics, I use a fabric towel (Same material as Bath towels) to dust off any dirt/dust accumulated. Only once or twice have there been stains due to family members eating/drinking inside the car. For that, I spray that particular area with a small bottle of water sprayer and rub the dirt/mark/stain off with the towel and the area is as good as new. This works for the seats/door fabric/armrest etc. I am not planning on getting any covers installed for the first 24-36 months of ownership. Who is going to enjoy these fabric seats then if it is covered from day 1 ? My plan is to use them 100%, and once they are done I will get the covers installed.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 13:17   #1382
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have been seriously considering the 5th gen City and have been reading/watching lot of reviews off late. Many point out the the newer generation is not as well put and noisier than the older one. Is that true? Has any 4th gen user tested the 5th gen share their experience on the same? Since both generations are on sale right now, I think it'll be good to have an insight from an existing Honda owner.

Thanks
hdman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 15:21   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks TrackDay, Nav-i-gator, FlashMustang, namanchaudhary and all BHP friends for your input. It helped me on choosing the right variant.

I have booked V CVT in Lunar Silver Metallic and now the waiting game starts :-) SA told that he will get to know the delivery details by May 2nd as they know about the allotment made on that date. Hoping that it will reach us by end of may.

As you mentioned namanchaudhary, their corporate policy is strict, so no discount barring the 8k on accessories.

Since V comes with fabric seats, I would like to understand from our V, VX owners about artificial leather work for the seat covers, steering wheel wrap, door padding etc. Knowing that only Honda seat covers are air bag compatible, have you guys tried understanding if the same can be done outside? SA from Dakshin Honda, Bangalore was telling that though you can get the seat cover done, the front hand rest will not be covered as it is not included in the package. Similarly the door padding (places where there are fabrics) cannot be made from them. So I am wondering if any of you have thought about it. I wanted to get it done as I feel it might be a difficult to maintain the fabric. TrackDay, may be you can throw some light on the fabric and dust accumulated since you have the same variant :-)
First of all, congratulations on booking the new Car.

On fabric seats, I got the Honda genuine seat covers installed before delivery, and it comes with a cover for the driver armrest as well. Quality looks good and the fit is perfect too. It costed me 10K.

There is nothing in the accessory list for door pads though You have to be careful about not spoiling it all the time.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 15:44   #1384
Distinguished - BHPian

This is regarding the booking of 4th gen City by my friend which I had explained in this thread.

We opted for City 4th gen V, as it was the same 11.7 lakhs on road as the formerly booked Ecosport Titanium tdci. With days passing, 5th Gen City V variant at 13 lakhs felt to be good value for additional 1.7 lakhs. Then the decision was changed to go for VX ivtec Reason - his daughter liked sunroof. Moreover additional kit, specially 2 more airbags, 16 inch allows with alloy spare wheel etc feels worthy of the 15.2 lakh pricetag. Got 10k more for his 2013 swift diesel as we upgraded to 5th Gen. 4.3 lakhs for a 8 year old 76k km run swift diesel is awesome resale value.

The search started with 10 lakhs budget and ended with 15.2 lakhs. Waiting period : 45 days, but they also say a batch of 25 citys is arriving on 2nd May. A white VX won't be a rare choice, so we are expecting the delivery sooner.

Personally red looks superb in 5th Gen City.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 26th April 2021 at 15:59.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 17:03   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
This is regarding the booking of 4th gen City by my friend which I had explained in this thread.

......Then the decision was changed to go for VX ivtec Reason - his daughter liked sunroof. Moreover additional kit, specially 2 more airbags, 16 inch allows with alloy spare wheel etc feels worthy of the 15.2 lakh pricetag....

Very sensible decision to move from 4th Gen V to 5th Gen VX. The 5th Gen VX packs a lot of punch.

Personally, I like the Silver Metallic and the Golden Brown Metallic.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 17:50   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
This is for ZX MT. I communicated to the dealer while paying the booking amount that insurance will be done from outside. Once the car reached the stockyard, and when registration formalities were being taken care of, I got a call from the dealer to provide insurance. They gave me the VIN no. and colour using which I made the purchase.

PS- I see you're from Pune too. Can connect you with the showroom person to get the same deal as I got
Thank you Naman for explaining the process. I will get in touch with you through DM.
sam264_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 22:39   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
First of all, congratulations on booking the new Car.

On fabric seats, I got the Honda genuine seat covers installed before delivery, and it comes with a cover for the driver armrest as well. Quality looks good and the fit is perfect too. It costed me 10K.

There is nothing in the accessory list for door pads though You have to be careful about not spoiling it all the time.
Thanks Nav-i-gator
Lucky you ! My dealer said they cant do the front arm rest as it does not come with the package. This is the only reason for me to hold on it. They created a whats app group (with sales, finance and accessories team in the group) and already started discussing about finance requirements, forms to submit, accessories, RTO preference etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post

We opted for City 4th gen V, as it was the same 11.7 lakhs on road as the formerly booked Ecosport Titanium tdci. With days passing, 5th Gen City V variant at 13 lakhs felt to be good value for additional 1.7 lakhs. Then the decision was changed to go for VX ivtec Reason - his daughter liked sunroof. Moreover additional kit, specially 2 more airbags, 16 inch allows with alloy spare wheel etc feels worthy of the 15.2 lakh pricetag. Got 10k more for his 2013 swift diesel as we upgraded to 5th Gen. 4.3 lakhs for a 8 year old 76k km run swift diesel is awesome resale value.

The search started with 10 lakhs budget and ended with 15.2 lakhs. Waiting period : 45 days, but they also say a batch of 25 citys is arriving on 2nd May. A white VX won't be a rare choice, so we are expecting the delivery sooner.

Wow, that's a wonderful decision.
The diesel swifts are getting a good value now a days. I was able to sell my 2013, 72.5k run TN registered swift dzire for 4.65 in KA.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th April 2021 at 09:41. Reason: Back to back posts merged, extra smileys deleted
vasi_raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 23:44   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Nav-i-gator
Lucky you ! My dealer said they cant do the front arm rest as it does not come with the package. This is the only reason for me to hold on it. They created a whats app group (with sales, finance and accessories team in the group) and already started discussing about finance requirements, forms to submit, accessories, RTO preference etc.
I don't understand this part. How come I got front armrest cover and you can't? Push them, and if needed, DM me and i will try and connect you to my sales rep
I was also added in a watsapp group created by dealership head of sales, members were my sales rep., quality guy, admin and service head...felt good..that they are engaging me with their team.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 10:58   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
I don't understand this part. How come I got front armrest cover and you can't? Push them, and if needed, DM me and i will try and connect you to my sales rep
I was also added in a watsapp group created by dealership head of sales, members were my sales rep., quality guy, admin and service head...felt good..that they are engaging me with their team.
Thanks Nav-i-gator One thing they mentioned was, there is a possibility of Dealer having a tie up to get things done which my dealer is not having. He also mentioned that the pack only comes with materials for front and rear seat and not the arm rest.

Nevertheless, I will send the pic you had shared in one of the post to them and ask if this can be accomplished. If they resist, I am planning to go with TrackDay's suggestions
Old 27th April 2021, 11:22   #1390
BHPian

Attaching the accessories list with the pricing. The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210426-1.06.45-pm.jpeg

Note: The bucket mats can only be obtained when you opt for basic accessories.
vasi_raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 18:24   #1391
BHPian

There were few posts complaining about rattling noise. I came across couple of videos in YouTube which deals with it. Might be useful if anyone is interested in a DIY tutorial.

Honda city A pillar rattle noise fix |Honda city 5th Generation |Honda city 2020/2021

Honda city roof rattle fix | Honda city 5th Generation | Honda city 2020/2021

vasi_raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 13:13   #1392
BHPian

Honda has increased the prices of the 5th Gen City by 10K across all variants except base variant.

Source - https://indianautosblog.com/honda-ci...e-hike-p323230
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 14:50   #1393
BHPian

My Honda City ZX CVT which did around 6000 kilometres developed this weird issue today. When I press the brake pedal there is a clanking/juddering sound and vibration, which goes away when I press it harder, although the braking performance is still good. What can be the problem ? Is anyone else facing the same ?
Siva Prakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 15:25   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva Prakash View Post
My Honda City ZX CVT which did around 6000 kilometres developed this weird issue today. When I press the brake pedal there is a clanking/juddering sound and vibration, which goes away when I press it harder, although the braking performance is still good. What can be the problem ? Is anyone else facing the same ?
As soon as I decide to fix my mind on booking the city, I come across issues like this and I go back to pondering over my choice all over again. Rinse and repeat

Ive decided to wait for the kushaq and hope that I can get the base 1.5 TSI under 17L otherwise it's the City ZX CVT .
911CarerraS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 19:24   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva Prakash View Post
My Honda City ZX CVT which did around 6000 kilometres developed this weird issue today. When I press the brake pedal there is a clanking/juddering sound and vibration, which goes away when I press it harder....
Did you take out your car after many days/weeks? Or after many days immediately after washing (wet brake pads)? I have faced this issue on my previous cars and it goes away in a day or within one or two rides. Don't worry much about it. If the issue is persistent, then you can approach a mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
....Ive decided to wait for the kushaq and hope that I can get the base 1.5 TSI under 17L otherwise it's the City ZX CVT ...
Under 17L for 1.5TSI is too wishful IMO You may definitely get 1.0TSI under 17L but may be a manual/base/mid variant. Today for 17L, nothing in India beats the comfort, features, space, reliability and value quotient of a City ZX CVT.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 1st May 2021 at 19:35. Reason: Additional comments
sam264_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed