Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2021, 09:40   #1651
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
Seems I missed it by a whisker . Took the delivery of my City VX CVT Petrol on 30th Aug 2021; three City's were being delivered on the mentioned day (along with mine) and all had the same colour (Lunar Silver)
Well isn't that the never ending saga in life most of the times? Get a gadget and a better discount comes soon after or even a better model comes up at the same price. Buy a car, discounts go up next month or perhaps a better VFM car launches . I will get one this month and we have Astor and XUV (also Taigun which going by Kushaq's price will be allergic to VFM concept) coming up next month but I have made up my mind to go ahead with this last man standing of a shrinking segment. So, congrats on your purchase and share some pics and initial drive experience soon pal.
AnnaRocks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 10:49   #1652
BHPian

VX and ZX owners - what tyre pressure are you maintaining in your tyres? I haven’t adjusted mine since I took the delivery of the car (close to 15 days), but going by the ride quality, I feel it is on the higher side. On the car it says 32 and 30 for speeds less than 160 kmph and 36 and 35 for speeds above 160 kmph (If that’s the correct way to read it!). However, given that I sometimes drive with 4 adults and sometimes alone, I wanted to check what would be the optimal pressure to maintain. Would it be best to keep it a point or two above the recommended 32, 30?
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-155a5bc287a44573b9883a034a365f34.jpeg  

Old 4th September 2021, 12:33   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
However, given that I sometimes drive with 4 adults and sometimes alone, I wanted to check what would be the optimal pressure to maintain.
I've kept mine at 30psi for all four tires and have had no issues at all be it the highway, city roads, broken rural as well as non-tarmac roads. Super comfortable ride at all speeds, plus as ridiculous as it sounds, I feel the ride to be as comfortable if not more than our GLC (Pirelli runflats) at low speeds.

The car was delivered with 36 and I found that way too firm for daily driving in Delhi. Depending on the quality of your frequented roads I would suggest keeping it at ~30psi.

Last edited by AamodB : 4th September 2021 at 12:34.
AamodB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 10:27   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
Dear All,

Do any of you face issues with Apple Car Play?

What Happens?

The views of the apps get messed up. It looks like some sort of UI distortion. Please check the image below. Please look at the bottom right corner part which shows the messed up UI.

Messed Up View

Attachment 2194445

When does it happen?

After say 30+ minutes of usage.

Normal View

Attachment 2194446

NOTE I am using the original cable provided by Apple

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Vasanth

An update on this. Had raised the issue with my dealer who took it to the vendor of infotainment system for the Honda City (Panasonic). Please find the response below

Sent by the Vendor

Reported complaint is known issue and software update approval is in process.

Below is the temporary solution we have received and User can use “Apple Maps” as well.

( User need to switch to another application to reset screen and switch back to Google map screen in H/U)

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210904-2.09.21-pm.jpeg

Regards,
Vasi
vasi_raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 15:24   #1655
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
VX and ZX owners - what tyre pressure are you maintaining in your tyres? I haven’t adjusted mine since I took the delivery of the car (close to 15 days), but going by the ride quality, I feel it is on the higher side. On the car it says 32 and 30 for speeds less than 160 kmph and 36 and 35 for speeds above 160 kmph (If that’s the correct way to read it!). However, given that I sometimes drive with 4 adults and sometimes alone, I wanted to check what would be the optimal pressure to maintain. Would it be best to keep it a point or two above the recommended 32, 30?
I have been following the prescribed PSI by Honda. 32 in fronts and 30 in back. When car got delivered to me the tires had 39-41 PSI and the car was jumping around like anything.

With 32 and 30 the ride quality is good. I am in the mood to try 30 on all 4 once and check the ride quality.
Old 5th September 2021, 16:27   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
Thanks for your inputs @sprinter, @AutoConsultant, @sam264_2000.

To be honest, I do know City is the more practical car both from a usage as well and reliability perspective. However, I had the following observations during test drive because of which I am hesitating.

1) I currently drive an Ecosport Titanium + Diesel, and driving the city felt like driving a toy car. I felt like I was driving a much smaller car and there was no feel to the driving; I used to own a 3rd Gen City and it never felt that way.
2) The car body and the interiors felt flimsy. I know Seltos got only 3 stars in NCAP, but honestly it feels much more solidly built and interiors are also much better.

Is it just me? Should I may be take another test drive?
@Maverick - Car buying is not a frequent event. Maybe an average person in his lifetime buys 3-4 cars (it can be lower). That's what makes this decision so difficult. How to get over it is make a list of features/USP that each car offers/you want and give personal weightage to each feature. Try to assign names to those features which are there in your heart and rate them as well (I was confused between Kushaq and City and I remember I had made a list in my mobile and kept updating it whenever anything clicked - Price, Road presence, better width, good height, Shape, Brand name, ground clearance, etc.). See that you miss out nothing. If anything you want to test, don't be shy to re-TD any of shortlisted cars. This rating will support your decision making and after that when you buy you won't be dissatisfied as you took a calculated decision. See, you can't get everything for a limited price range. One of the things that I miss in all the cars in this price is adequate under thigh support which had higher weightage. But then I would have to buy a fortuner, endeavor or superb for the same. So with the available options what gives me the best support gets higher rating. Also in this thread you will get a lot of Honda city supporting comment which may seem biased to you (it did to me) and I too being a city guy may sound favouring city. But you can scan through other forums and you tube videos of comparison and car reviews before finalizing. Happy car purchasing and all the best.

Can we fix rear wipers on Honda City New. Has anyone done it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
Seems I missed it by a whisker . Took the delivery of my City VX CVT Petrol on 30th Aug 2021; three City's were being delivered on the mentioned day (along with mine) and all had the same colour (Lunar Silver)
Is it possible? I booked car in Aug 2nd week and will get the delivery by 15 Sept. I asked my SA. He said that they already ordered the car in last month and I will not get discount on it. Have inquired with Honda Care but am waiting for their reply. Can experts here guide.

Mod Note : Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th September 2021 at 21:40. Reason: Back to back posts merged
sprinter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 18:17   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
I booked car in Aug 2nd week and will get the delivery by 15 Sept. I asked my SA. He said that they already ordered the car in last month and I will not get discount on it.
Here are the terms on my proforma-invoice: "Price and specification are subject to change without prior notice and prices prevailling at the time of delivery of the car will be charged".

Now if the prices increases, the dealer will take advantage. So goes without saying that you are entitled to the discount, since prices are reduced.

In my case I too booked in August and will be taking delivery before end of September. My dealer was honest enough to give this 10k discount before I even asked.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 20:07   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
I booked car in Aug 2nd week and will get the delivery by 15 Sept. I asked my SA. He said that they already ordered the car in last month and I will not get discount on it. Have inquired with Honda Care but am waiting for their reply. Can experts here guide.
Not an expert, but what about cancelling it and rebooking it this month, may be with another dealer? I think the booking amount should be refunded in full unless otherwise stated in terms and conditions. Just that you will have to wait longer for the car. Or are there any issues in this?
skarthiksr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 21:03   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavb88 View Post
As i understand you have already taken this journey, would love your advice on if there is chance a sedan would work via Srinagar-Leh route ? via Kargil that is.
I did not go to Leh. So no idea about Srinagar-Leh route.
Old 5th September 2021, 21:48   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Not an expert, but what about cancelling it and rebooking it this month, may be with another dealer? I think the booking amount should be refunded in full unless otherwise stated in terms and conditions. Just that you will have to wait longer for the car. Or are there any issues in this?
In my case I have paid the full amount (not just the booking amount) against the Proforma Invoice. Final invoice will come along side the delivery. It's the delivery only which is pending... I got to speak with the Sales assist after reading the response herein and he said that he would give accessories of 10K for free. I can live with that.
Old 6th September 2021, 01:06   #1661
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can we fix rear wipers on Honda City New. Has anyone done it?
.[/b]
The Honda Grace, hybrid version of our City, sold in Japan had rear wiper. But then, it was the AWD variant, for Northern Japan that sees snow.

Since it is a sedan, I don't think we really need a rear wiper for our conditions. Unlike a tailgate, rear windshields of sedans don't really warrant the use of a wiper.

But not impossible to fix a rear wiper. Overnight parts from Japan and some DIY will do.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 18:20   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
In my case I have paid the full amount (not just the booking amount) against the Proforma Invoice. Final invoice will come along side the delivery. It's the delivery only which is pending... I got to speak with the Sales assist after reading the response herein and he said that he would give accessories of 10K for free. I can live with that.

In the case of the VX variant, I would advise you to use this 10K against seat covers.
Don't go for the basic kit or mats. Opt for something like seat covers or if you like go for the logo projector in front doors they look really very nice.
sonil.luthra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 20:32   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
In the case of the VX variant, I would advise you to use this 10K against seat covers.
Don't go for the basic kit or mats. Opt for something like seat covers or if you like go for the logo projector in front doors they look really very nice.
Mud flaps are part of the basic kit isn't it? If he doesn't opt for it he have to source it outside.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 20:54   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Mud flaps are part of the basic kit isn't it? If he doesn't opt for it he have to source it outside.
The VX and the ZX come with pre-fitted mud flaps. In my opinion, you should opt for electrical accessories, since getting them fixed outside may void the warranty if any wire is spliced or even if a scotch lock is used. The mats, mud flaps, and all other basic ones are easily available outside, and that too with better quality.
Try 3d kagu mats or Galio GFX mats or even go ahead with 7D mats if you like.
Old 6th September 2021, 21:08   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
The VX and the ZX come with pre-fitted mud flaps.
Mud flaps are standard fitment in Honda City
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed