Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2021, 20:53   #1876
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
Is there a configuration setting somewhere for this?

Context: While driving in cloudy weather or at times when the sunlight is not at is brightest but still does the job, the auto headlights come on. This is a good feature and I love it. However, there is a side effect. The display brightness in the 8-inch screen goes down several notches. Add to this when you're driving through a tree lined street, every time you pass a tree, the display brightness drops and then comes back.

I want to change the behaviour so that:

2. Google Maps/Android Auto ignore the headlights and follow a set time slot for changing to night mode display?

Regards,
lsjey
After a bit of research found the following settings in Android Auto:

1. Launch Andrid Auto.
2. Pull down the menu from the top left menu button (Three vertical lines)
3. Tap on Settings from the menu
4. Scroll down to the version information.
5. Tap once on the version information to reveal a ton of version information.
6. Tap multiple times on this version information to enable developer mode.
7. A dialog box opens up and tap "OK" to enable developer settings.
8. Scroll up and pull down the developer menu from inside the settings menu (This will be three vertical dots on the right top corner)
9. Click on Day/Night option
10. This will open up the dialog box to choose between Car-Controlled, Phone-Controlled, or Day or Night. Choose Phone Controlled.

This should hopefully fix the issue of Android Auto shifting Google Maps to dark mode(night mode) when the headlights turn on.

I've not yet tried this. Will update once I find this and works. Sharing so that others can test earlier and post updates.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 23:34   #1877
BHPian

Hi All,

Has anyone one here upgraded the tyres of the 5th Gen Honda City to 17", if so how is the ride.

Thanks,
Old 14th November 2021, 10:57   #1878
BHPian

Folks, can anyone who has got an underbody coating done, answer this, please?

Does the underbody coating reduce the sound of smal pebbles and grains of sand hitting the wheel-well when driving? The lack of insulation in the wheel-wells is one of the points of complaints in the HC5G, and I was wondering if the underbody coating would do anything to reduce the sound of sand and pebbles hitting this area.
Old 14th November 2021, 12:39   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
The lack of insulation in the wheel-wells is one of the points of complaints in the HC5G, and I was wondering if the underbody coating would do anything to reduce the sound of sand and pebbles hitting this area.
I got this done on delivery day itself, mainly to cover the exposed metal part in rear wheel wells. The coating is of soft spongy layer, so ideally it should reduce the sound from pebbles hitting the underbody. You should be able to do this with in 3.5k to 5k, and since it doesn't harm anything in the car, I would say give it a try.
Old 14th November 2021, 14:00   #1880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
I got this done on delivery day itself, mainly to cover the exposed metal part in rear wheel wells. The coating is of soft spongy layer, so ideally it should reduce the sound from pebbles hitting the underbody.
Nice to hear but do dealerships do it or is it done at 3M/similar outlets? That naked wheel well looks absolutely horrible. Curious to know how much money do the manufacturers save by skimping on it. A 30 lakh innova doesn't have it either.
Old 14th November 2021, 14:07   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
Nice to hear but do dealerships do it or is it done at 3M/similar outlets?
In my case, the accessories section of the Dealership has tie-up with 3M, so they did it in Dealership itself. My previous car too had underbody coating done from Dealership itself. The price difference won't be much between the two.
sreerknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 16:34   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Unplanned white City meet🙂
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20211114_163221.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 17:14   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Unplanned white City meet��
Makes one feel good seeing multiple Citys in white! Thanks for providing the dopamine fix for today @Latheesh.

Regards,
lsjey

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th November 2021 at 20:33. Reason: HC5G > Citys. Please refrain from using acronyms when referring to cars in the forum.
Old 15th November 2021, 15:00   #1884
BHPian

I recently got my Honda City ZX CVT delivered on 10-Oct-2021.

Here is a link to my thread in the "What Car?" section - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ta-seltos.html (Upgrading from a Tata Zest - City or Creta or Seltos?)

How I ended up buying Honda City after booking Creta 1.5D SX(O) AT -

Well, the 5th Gen Honda City ZX CVT was always my top choice along with Creta 1.5D SX(O) AT. I wasn't too fussy about the body style. Just loved both the cars after TD. Having enjoyed the sedan experience, we thought we would try a CSUV this time, albeit it meant going way over our budget and compromising a bit on our space requirements. So we booked a Silver Creta 1.5D SX(O) AT on 1-Aug-2021 with delivery in 4 to 5 months. Dealer agreed on insurance price of 51K (quotation was 84k) but no Wonder Warranty in that case. I was okay with that since I was anyways going for extended warranty. However, I didn’t receive any booking confirmation from Hyundai or the dealer for 2 months. Hyundai then increased the prices sometime in August and within a few weeks of booking, the dealer informed that waiting period will increase to 7 to 8 months. I had already stretched my budget by 4.5L and with the new ETA of March 2022 meant that I will have to face another price hike in Jan 2022. Checked with a few other dealers and no one was ready to entertain booking if I purchase my own insurance. The long waiting periods meant we will be without a car for more than expected timeframe, since we had sold our Zest on 15th Feb 2021.

Revisited Honda City ZX CVT. I had driven the car earlier so didn't opt for another TD. My TD experience - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post4961617 (Upgrading from a Tata Zest - City or Creta or Seltos?)

Dealer was confident to deliver within 3 weeks if we were not fussy on the color even though he didn't have any car in stock. Discussed within the family and we all agreed to book the City. Silver was our 1st choice followed by Golden Brown. Negotiated and got a sweet deal on the OTR price and booked one on 19th Sept and got it delivered on 10th Oct (VIN confirmed that it was a Sept 2021 manufactured car). I finally received Hyundai booking confirmation SMS after I booked the Honda City (that's almost after 2 months)! Cancelled the Creta after multiple follow ups with the Hyundai dealer. I was immediately offered Alcazar (Petrol & Diesel AT in stock) and Verna to be delivered in 2 weeks (chip shortage not withstanding!). Politely declined the offer and the Hyundai SA handed me a cheque of 18k after deducting 3k.

The car search finally came to an end, phew!

Initial observations of the City after driving 850kms -

1. Since I am coming from 1.2 Zest petrol, I find the 1.5 NA iVTEC powerful, obviously.
2. Smooth CVT is like nirvana during my daily 45km trip to office.
3. High quality and comfortable leather seats.
4. Adequate ground clearance – have taken the car on uneven roads/speed breakers (city + highway) with 4 adults, a kid and full boot – the car did not bottom out once. Honda has worked on the suspension and it shows. A Mahabaleshwar trip is planned end of November, so I would know more.
5. Minor road noise creeps in due to lack of cladding – doesn’t bother me much.
6. Digital rev-counter looks great.
7. Love the LED headlamp set up, keyless entry/exit, walk-away lock and remote start via key.
8. Powerful air conditioner. The rotary buttons are helpful.
9. Steering leather is high quality and is chunky with perfect thickness. Buttons on steering are solid/high quality.
10. All 4 windows get auto-up & down and can be remotely controlled through fob key as well. Also all buttons are backlit too.
11. Rear camera resolution is pathetic in dark and okay-ish in day light. The lanewatch camera angle is wide.
12. ICE – sound quality is good but could be better with a bit more bass. Touchscreen is responsive though. Overall experience is much better with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
13. FE – 17.8kmpl on highway and 14.5kmpl in city.

Pic of the car -

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-honda-city.jpg

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 15th November 2021 at 15:18. Reason: Added additional comments
sam264_2000 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 20:13   #1885
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Let me be the first to congratulate Sam
Actually your thread of What Car motivated me and I already got my City in March.
But was waiting to see your choice though I know you tilted to Creta.
Since we both moved from manual Tata to Automatic Honda we are on same boat.

Please change the Tires to 195/55 and it will enhance the ride quality significantly.

Signing off with a picture of my City near Yelagiri Hills.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20211105_102235608.jpg  

src is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 20:54   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Congratulations! I was in a similar Creta Vs. City dilemma as well, and I in fact ended up buying the City after waiting 6 months for Creta! My story is here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5137561 (The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62)

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post

Signing off with a picture of my City near Yelagiri Hills.
It does look great with the 195 section tyres! I still haven't changed mine, and it looks like I'll run the 185 for a bit now.

Also, the picture makes the car look almost Black, and I just realized how great the HC5G would look if it came in Black!
nTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 16:22   #1887

Does the sunroof on City 5th Gen ZX have anti-pinch function? I tested all the windows and sunroof, and windows promptly rolled back but the sunroof didn’t. My hand got hurt. I googled and looked into the owners manual but couldn’t find anything on it.
Crazy thing is the sunroof’s motor seems to be a lot more powerful than the windows motors, and if sunroof has one-touch close feature then it should also have anti-pinch capability.

Can someone confirm this please. And if you’re testing, be careful, the sunroof closing can hurt real bad.
aviator47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 17:18   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator47 View Post
Does the sunroof on City 5th Gen ZX have anti-pinch function?
Yes, ZX sunroof has anti-pinch function. I didn't test it myself, but the SA was willing to demonstrate it . The lid will backtrack only after it hits the object, and it indeed comes with some force. So if you are keeping a finger, chances are you will feel the pain, but still it will backtrack. SA demonstrated this by keeping the wrist.
sreerknair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 09:53   #1889

Quote:
Does the sunroof on City 5th Gen ZX have anti-pinch function? I tested all the windows and sunroof, and windows promptly rolled back but the sunroof didn’t. My hand got hurt. I googled and looked into the owners manual but couldn’t find anything on it.

Can someone confirm this please. And if you’re testing, be careful, the sunroof closing can hurt real bad.
This happened with me as well when i first tried to test the anti-pinch feature, i was trying to stop it by my hand (not resting it at the end of sun roof) but trying to push it by hand… this didn’t work and I had a mark on my hand.
Later when I discussed with a few folks who own honda city, I rested my fist at the other end of sun roof and it worked like a charm… let me see if I can post a video of both the methods or image atleast.
What i learnt is - it needs collision and not restrain to get activated…
singhvikas101 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 22:12   #1890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Let me be the first to congratulate Sam…Actually your thread of What Car motivated me and I already got my City in March... Please change the Tires to 195/55 and it will enhance the ride quality significantly.
Thank you src. Your car looks great.
Yes, I had planned to upgrade the tyres right away but for some reasons decided to defer it to the 1st tyre change. I can imagine the improvement in ride quality. Do you feel the steering to be heavy due to the upgrade? Any changes in FE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
Congratulations! I was in a similar Creta Vs. City dilemma as well, and I in fact ended up buying the City after waiting 6 months for Creta! My story is here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5137561 (The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62)
Thank you nTorq. Yes, I have read your thread. Quite a roller coaster ride for you. I hope you are now at peace

Quote:
Does the sunroof on City 5th Gen ZX have anti-pinch function? I tested all the windows and sunroof, and windows promptly rolled back but the sunroof didn’t. My hand got hurt….Can someone confirm this please…
It does. But don’t put the fingers. The motor is powerful and the glass is thick. Try it with a fist or better with any other object. Also, the fist or the object has to be on the edge/sills and not on the glass of the sunroof.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 21st November 2021 at 22:13. Reason: Grammatical correction
sam264_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed