Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2021, 16:20   #1936
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
I am getting it installed as being 6 ft. I have to dig myself quite deep (lowest level) into seat and the visibility of bonnet is very little. I often end up parking with a big gap from the car in front of me for safety and sometimes feel very embarrassed ☺️ of the gap.
It comes with on-off push button which will just go beside the VSA Button to the right side of steering. And also they will paint it with body colour.

Steering cover is not included in the basic kit
[ATTACH=all-new-honda-city-accessories-brochure.pdf]2215544[/ATTACH]
My Honda dealer has suggested not to get the front parking sensors installed. According to him, even if the switch is turned off, the beeper turns on automatically when proximity is detected. Apparently the system overrides the switch and this could be irritating while driving in traffic.
Pls share your experience, if you eventually got them installed.
Old 11th December 2021, 23:58   #1937
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
My Honda dealer has suggested not to get the front parking sensors installed. According to him, even if the switch is turned off, the beeper turns on automatically when proximity is detected. Apparently the system overrides the switch and this could be irritating while driving in traffic.
Hi Knockout,
With due respect to the dealer he doesn't know and just faking it.
Am using it for last 8 months and it is brilliantly useful. Once you switch off it proximity sensors do not work.
Small risk is that if the connection is not done properly there will be a leakage and the battery will drain out.
Happened to me and it was eventually resolved.
src is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 00:11   #1938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Hi Knockout,
With due respect to the dealer he doesn't know and just faking it.
Am using it for last 8 months and it is brilliantly useful. Once you switch off it proximity sensors do not work.
Small risk is that if the connection is not done properly there will be a leakage and the battery will drain out.
Happened to me and it was eventually resolved.
+1 to that.

If installed at dealer's place, then everything should be fine.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 07:29   #1939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
Beep sound is bit annoying but front it very useful. Try to get it installed from the dealer itself during delivery. Only concern is, they need to remove dashboard panels to install it and it may cause rattling. I have not faced any issue till now (4.5 months old sparingly used).

Last edited by Latheesh : 12th December 2021 at 07:30.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 07:45   #1940
BHPian

I wanted to get it installed but didn't due to two concerns:
1. As the front bumper would have to be removed, I didn't want to take any risk regarding refitting of bumper or other such parts which might cause any problems.
2. I watched a video and it's accuracy seemed to be 1 feet and if it is so then I can judge proximity of surrounding objects better and in fact it would be a hindrance in this case.
Can someone please shed light on its accuracy range?
neeraj0272 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 15:56   #1941
BHPian

I read one post which said the front bumper and the engine guard are prone to falling off at the slightest of external impulse. Is this a genuine flaw of the 5th Generation City
Another concern is the vertical roll due to a poorly designed suspension setup. Is this real. I have a frequent back seat passenger who is prone to car sickness. Is the City 5th gen a bad car choice for those prone to car sickness
Old 12th December 2021, 17:16   #1942
BHPian

Have any of you used android auto wireless adapters in Honda City 5th Gen? I see a few on Amazon, but I'm not very sure about them. There also seem to be adapters which need internet (through hotspot) and these, when plugged in to the Android auto USB port, work like a charm.

Have any of you used these? Please post reviews.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 20:00   #1943
BHPian

Just curious upon an observation of mine. Does the Indian City have darker interior plastics? It looks completely black, hard and scratchy while the ASEAN(Malaysia, Thailand..)City seems to have a slightly lighter, greyish tone. Or, is it Honda India's extra generous usage of beige causing it to appear contrasting to my eyes?
Old 12th December 2021, 21:51   #1944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Beep sound is bit annoying but front it very useful. Try to get it installed from the dealer itself during delivery. Only concern is, they need to remove dashboard panels to install it and it may cause rattling. I have not faced any issue till now (4.5 months old sparingly used).
Thanks src, Isjey, neeraj0272, Latheesh for your feedback. Well, I've decided to give the front sensors a skip for now considering that they would need to fiddle around with the dashboard (wouldn't have been too concerned if it was just the front bumper).
Old 13th December 2021, 10:35   #1945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
Have any of you used android auto wireless adapters in Honda City 5th Gen? I see a few on Amazon, but I'm not very sure about them. There also seem to be adapters which need internet (through hotspot) and these, when plugged in to the Android auto USB port, work like a charm.

Have any of you used these? Please post reviews.

Regards,
lsjey
The only credible device is AA Wireless. I use it on my Civic and it works flawlessly. You will have to order it on Indiegogo. It is heavily back ordered, so expect a 3-4 month shipping timeline.

Last edited by andafunda : 13th December 2021 at 10:37.
andafunda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 13:29   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armumbai View Post
I read one post which said the front bumper and the engine guard are prone to falling off at the slightest of external impulse. Is this a genuine flaw of the 5th Generation City
Another concern is the vertical roll due to a poorly designed suspension setup. Is this real. I have a frequent back seat passenger who is prone to car sickness. Is the City 5th gen a bad car choice for those prone to car sickness
Not sure about front bumper but engine guard of my car has taken lots of beating and it is still in one piece. Never fallen off.
Regarding vertical roll, please take a test drive and judge for yourself.
In my humble opinion City's suspension setup cannot be called poorly designed. If suspension is overly stiff then ride quality over broken roads will be bad. On the other hand if it too soft then stability at expressway speeds on undulating sections of the road will not be great. City's suspension setup is between these two extremes leaning towards the softer side.
One more thing, there is quite a bit of body roll if you corner too fast. However the car doesn't lose its line. So on these corners you have adjusted your weight accordingly if you want to corner really fast.
Learner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 14:41   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armumbai View Post
I haven't experienced any of the above 2 issues. I travelled to Uttarakhand right after the rain induced havoc in October. Mostly broken roads - the underbody touched over the rocks and debris a couple of times, but nothing broke.
On vertical roll and rear seat comfort- not at all. In fact on road undulations taken at high speeds, the rear bounces only like - once, and then quickly settles. There is no continuous bounciness and the ride is quite plush for the rear passengers.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 15:34   #1948
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have the detail if the VX/ZX have more better speakers than the V or is it just addition of the 4 more tweeters (speculating) than the V.

Any solutions for the wheel well insulation. Seems a lot of owners are of the opinion of too much noise getting into the cabin. Damping the doors may help but it has not been reported as efficient from filtering external noise as much.

Anyone managed to paint (not wrap) the chrome grill and extensions black or managed to import / procure a factory black grill like the Thailand RS variants.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 13:01   #1949

Friends,

Welcomed Honda city 5th Gen VX last week. Since it has fabric in seats , doors and around Dash, wanted to know any way to cover them elegantly? Worried that they may accumulate dirt and stains over time.

For Seats I understand, we can go with seat covers, but how about fabric at other places ? If I go for new seat covers, even these areas will be covered?
Old 15th December 2021, 22:20   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirishindurkar View Post
Friends,

Welcomed Honda city 5th Gen VX last week. Since it has fabric in seats , doors and around Dash, wanted to know any way to cover them elegantly? Worried that they may accumulate dirt and stains over time.

For Seats I understand, we can go with seat covers, but how about fabric at other places ? If I go for new seat covers, even these areas will be covered?
Congrats on your new car. I have updated my interior fabric and updated in the below post which you can check for reference. Mine is V variant.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...review-10.html (Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review)
saratjyo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks