Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2022, 17:31   #2011
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
Hi All,

I have a question for Petrol MT owners.

Whenever I cross a speed breaker in 2nd gear, and try to press the accelerator, for a second or two there is no response from the engine. I have to let go of the pedal and press it again to accelerate again?
Has anyone else faced this? Is this behavior normal? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Dear Brother,

Yes it happens in 2nd gear but only when my car's speed drops to 10kmph Or below. And this happens mostly when I'm on a long drive.

If I'm going over the speed breaker at 15+kmph then no issue of power lag in 2nd gear.

And interestingly 3rd gear picks up speed well from 20kmph in my Honda BRV. City and BRV share the same engine and gearbox after 2017.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 17:43   #2012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
City and BRV share the same engine and gearbox after 2017.
IIRC the 5th gen City comes with the new DOHC engine, right?
Old 12th January 2022, 18:09   #2013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAndArk View Post
IIRC the 5th gen City comes with the new DOHC engine, right?
The twin-cam setup (Dual Overhead Camshafts) is seen for the first time in the L15B architecture of 5th gen City. Twin-Cam or DOHC setup allows more control over valve timing which is beneficial to obtain "low-end torque". BUT I feel that except for the improved miles per gallon, the real world performance of new gen is not much different than the immediate previous gen.

Last edited by GTO : 14th January 2022 at 08:07. Reason: Typos
Sushil Pingua is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 22:18   #2014

TopGearMagIndia tests the 5th Gen City's top speed on the Natrax high speed track, Indore.

The car tested was a petrol manual one. It touched 208km/hr top speed and went from 0-100 in 10.18 seconds.

Thought I should share it here.

Video credits: TopGearMagIndia YouTube channel.
MrEnthusiast is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 01:11   #2015
BHPian

Hi All,

I am looking for a K&N airfilter for my City Petrol, any leads.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th January 2022, 08:50   #2016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEnthusiast View Post
TopGearMagIndia tests the 5th Gen City's top speed on the Natrax high speed track, Indore.

The car tested was a petrol manual one. It touched 208km/hr top speed and went from 0-100 in 10.18 seconds.

Thought I should share it here.

https://Youtu.be/9ts4YyTbgaI

Video credits: TopGearMagIndia YouTube channel.
Wow. Hadn’t seen this. Thanks for sharing. I had seen a graphic from Autocar India a few months ago, that outlined various numbers from their road test, and the top speed was listed as 198 KMPH. While we may never get to reach the top speed shown in this video, it is good to know that the car can cross 200 KMPH.
Old 13th January 2022, 18:40   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra28 View Post

Details:
1. Honda City 5th Gen
2. May 2021 model
3. Golden Brown Metallic
4. VX variant - Continuously variable transmission

9. Engine guard..

Dislikes:

6. Bridgestone Ecopia tyres - Ultra crap
Congratulations on your vehicle. I had a couple questions to ask as we also have planned a Golden Metallic Brown VX CVT Honda City for our household.

1) The engine guard you mention, can you post a picture of it, is the engine completely covered from beneath ?

2) How is golden metallic brown faring so far ? looks just as good ? any major pain maintaining it ?

3) Did you finally change the tyres? Even I am thinking of 205/50/16 Yokohama's straight after delivery. This size is the closest to stock in terms of sidewall height, just 1 mm difference

Thanks and Happy Motoring!
Old 13th January 2022, 20:44   #2018
BHPian

Have been in the market finding the right car for almost an year now. Last year Covid situation also pushed the purchase plans. Have finally decided to go with 5th gen Honda City CVT. Did a long test drive and was quite happy with the overall performance and comfort. Dealer in Bangalore says he can deliver in a week to 10 days time.

Having tough time deciding between Vx and Zx. Is the stretch to Zx worth ? Also any feedback on Silver and Golden brown color ? Don't want to go with other colors.

Thanks
Aravind
Old 13th January 2022, 21:55   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibisbrew View Post
1) The engine guard you mention, can you post a picture of it, is the engine completely covered from beneath ?
The engine guard covers the entire engine block and takes most of the beating in rough roads. It is a replaceable part worth ~3k if need be.

Here is a pic I took during the first free service.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20211121_095830.jpg

Last edited by mAndArk : 13th January 2022 at 21:57.
mAndArk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 08:18   #2020
BHPian

I had a somewhat scary experience today morning. When I floored the accelerator pedal, it got jammed and didn't return to its default position. Had to slow down forcibly with brakes and press the A pedal couple of times before it released back.

Has this happened to anyone here? What could be the possible causes?
mAndArk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 08:43   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravBS View Post
Have been in the market finding the right car for almost an year now. Last year Covid situation also pushed the purchase plans. Have finally decided to go with 5th gen Honda City CVT. Did a long test drive and was quite happy with the overall performance and comfort. Dealer in Bangalore says he can deliver in a week to 10 days time.

Having tough time deciding between Vx and Zx. Is the stretch to Zx worth ? Also any feedback on Silver and Golden brown color ? Don't want to go with other colors.

Thanks
Aravind

Go with the ZX. I went with the VX, but later realized that the ZX offers better VFM. I think the difference must be about 1.5-1.6L. For this, you get excellent quality seat covers (which might cost you around 40k outside), gorgeous looking LED headlights (worth 70k on Bodmo), lane watch camera, chrome door handles, remote-operated windows, etc.

Definitely worth it. I realized it a little too late.
nTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 09:06   #2022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravBS View Post

Thanks
Aravind
Like suggested above, ZX offers more value over VX.
For the City, it should be either the ZX (for better value over VX) or the V for VFM. Once you sit in the ZX seats, you will never be able to come back to VX. The difference is hardly 1.2 on-road bangalore.

On the colors, unfortunately City lacks vibrant colors and all colors end up looking relatively dull when parked overnight without a morning wash. Go for brown if you have maintained / managed well with dark colors in the past. Its not high gloss and is relatively decent. Silvers start looking duller faster in most cars in a few years ( except Skoda whose paint ages well) and paint match always is a problem after few years for a bumper / fender / door job.
dipen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 09:12   #2023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAndArk View Post
I had a somewhat scary experience today morning. When I floored the accelerator pedal, it got jammed and didn't return to its default position. Had to slow down forcibly with brakes and press the A pedal couple of times before it released back.

Has this happened to anyone here? What could be the possible causes?
Kindly check if any floor mat etc is obstructing the pedal. If none kindly report this to the service station and get it checked out soon as this can be dangerous. Do not ignore this.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 17th January 2022 at 09:28.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 01:29   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
Go with the ZX. I went with the VX, but later realized that the ZX offers better VFM. I think the difference must be about 1.5-1.6L. For this, you get excellent quality seat covers (which might cost you around 40k outside), gorgeous looking LED headlights (worth 70k on Bodmo), lane watch camera, chrome door handles, remote-operated windows, etc.

Definitely worth it. I realized it a little too late.
Thanks for the inputs, that helps.
I hope the LED headlights are sufficient for night driving (though not a regular at that). Have heard users complain about poor throw from the ZX LEDs.
Old 19th January 2022, 01:34   #2025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Like suggested above, ZX offers more value over VX.
For the City, it should be either the ZX (for better value over VX) or the V for VFM. Once you sit in the ZX seats, you will never be able to come back to VX. The difference is hardly 1.2 on-road bangalore.
Thanks @dipen. Yes the difference is around 1.2 L

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
On the colors, unfortunately City lacks vibrant colors and all colors end up looking relatively dull when parked overnight without a morning wash. Go for brown if you have maintained / managed well with dark colors in the past. Its not high gloss and is relatively decent. Silvers start looking duller faster in most cars in a few years ( except Skoda whose paint ages well) and paint match always is a problem after few years for a bumper / fender / door job.
I agree with your observation on the colors. New city lacks vibrant colors. Red is too flashy for my liking and rest of them appear dull. Wish they introduce beige that 2nd and 3rd gen City had.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks