Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 22:28   #2026
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravBS View Post
I hope the LED headlights are sufficient for night driving (though not a regular at that). Have heard users complain about poor throw from the ZX LEDs.
I own the ZX and the light throw from the Led setup is splendid, my daily drive is 50% daytime 50% night drives so yes i find them more then adequate, curious as to to the people who find it insufficent in throw, in comparison to which setup is my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravBS View Post

I agree with your observation on the colors. New city lacks vibrant colors. Red is too flashy for my liking and rest of them appear dull. Wish they introduce beige that 2nd and 3rd gen City had.
I was in a similar dillema out of all the colours the red looked the most vibrant to me, but them again to each his own would have definitely picked up a black one if they had it , imo that colour would have looked killer with the led headlight setup on the ZX.

Parting shot of my flashy red
Pardon the dull pic, the sun wasnt out in delhi today.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-97960f3f00514659a36c3f2d909d1263.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 15:38   #2027
BHPian

Hey everyone,
I was thinking - is there a chance that Honda may exit India like Ford did? Granted their city does well, but not really sure about the other models. Asking since I want to avoid getting into the Ford-like situation.
LordSpymaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 16:50   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
Hey everyone,
I was thinking - is there a chance that Honda may exit India like Ford did? Granted their city does well, but not really sure about the other models. Asking since I want to avoid getting into the Ford-like situation.

If we all had a crystal ball we would all be rich . I doubt anybody here can offer you more than reassurance.

The Honda City is a very reliable car, you will not have any trouble maintaining it if the worst happens. If you like it, I would say go for it
KINI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 12:26   #2029

Practical safety features for kids - Honda City

I was driving a 12 year old Swift VXi till last month. Some recent incidents made me realize that having some basic safety features go a long way in ensuring peace of mind, especially since I have 2 hyperactive kids.

I bought a Honda City 5th Gen recently and this thread is about how the safety features helped me solve some of my worries. These could be very well known and trivial, but I hope I get the concession of being a newbie and this being my first post.

Speed Sensing Door Locks:
I get paranoid all the time in Swift about door locks. Travelling with my kids, I check 3-4 times to ensure that the doors are locked - unlocking and locking them multiple times - just to be sure.

With speed sensing locks in the City, worry is less now.

Open Doors
Recently while picking them from school, they didn't close the back door properly. Swift gives an small door open indicator, but somehow I missed it that day. Fortunately kids were buckled up and I heard the rattling noise from the door. It was a close shave which actually triggered the thought on changing the car. City has much more prominent visual warning with digital display with lesser chance of missing it.

Front Seat Belt Warning
Now this really forced some discipline on to my kids during drives. Now the young one always sit at back seat and the elder one uses seat belt. Car won't let you travel peacefully otherwise. Of course, they've found a hack - if you just sit on the edge, you can fool the car.

Rear Camera and Sensors
This is another major help as I realized that the rear sensors detect human movement as well. This along with rear camera, much less worry when kids decide to run around while I sweat it out taking the car out of parking.

Separate Boot Space
This is really not safety feature, but one of the favorite past time of my kids during long trips is to pull out various stuff (toys and what not) from the boot whenever they're bored. With City, once something is shut in the boot, it's shut for good.

I know that most of these could be solved with discipline and more "mindful" living. But at a practical level with kids around, they go a long way in avoiding some bad incidents. Hope this helps others on choosing one variant over another, balancing your need with price of your potential car.

Lastly, thanks a lot for letting me join this wonderful gathering
dsreek is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 16:58   #2030
BHPian

Re: Practical safety features for kids - Honda City

Congratulations for your Honda City 5th Gen and welcome onboard. 5th gen City is a very competent car with very good looks and features. The points that you mentioned are really very informative and will surely help potential buyers of 5th Gen City. Wish you loads of happy miles with your new car.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd January 2022 at 04:44. Reason: Abbreviation
swiftvxi06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 02:13   #2031

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsreek View Post

Speed Sensing Door Locks
Child Lock. Let the kids be pampered with the chauffeur (you) opening their doors for you. I may not be correct, but I was under the impression the regular locks automatically disengage when you try them from inside.
Quote:
Front Seat Belt Warning
There have been occasions when people have catched on that the irritating alarm automatically stops after sometime when I was lenient for senile passengers. But I feel it is best you put the foot down about the seatbelt requirement rather than the alarm. In my car, Shotgun if and only if seatbelt is worn properly.
Bagheera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 01:40   #2032
BHPian

I too had upgraded from a Ritz 2010 to a 4th gen city and could not agree more.
Couple more from my side which are small safety/convenience touches but goes a long way in the feel good factor
1. The window glasses are anti pinch, i. e. If somebody's hand comes in the way of glasses getting shut, they will roll back down. I have tried this on the driver's side window, can't say about the other three
2. The seatbelt reminder does not go away at all and chimes 6 times every couple of minutes
3. Auto roll up driver side window. This is a big boon at tolls/asking around/collecting park tickets/ swiping an access card at office parking etc
4. The windows can be operated upto 20 seconds after the car has been turned off and key taken out. Helps in using the driver side controls to roll up all the windows even after the car has been turned off

I don't know how it is in the latest CVT but one issue that I have is that the gear selector can be moved from D to N without pressing the gear shift button. I was taken aback when once the front passenger did it inadvertently and now I always keep an eye. Couldn't think what could be the reason behind it. That and the auto unlock of all doors when you move the car to P.
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 07:05   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post

I don't know how it is in the latest CVT but one issue that I have is that the gear selector can be moved from D to N without pressing the gear shift button. I was taken aback when once the front passenger did it inadvertently and now I always keep an eye. Couldn't think what could be the reason behind it. That and the auto unlock of all doors when you move the car to P.
AFAIK, the gear lever is supposed to move from D to N without pressing the gear shift button. I referred to the owner manual of my Jazz CVT and it says that movement from D to N and vice versa should be done without pressing the button while other shifts should occur by pressing the CVT button.

The auto unlock of the doors when it is shifted to P is a convenience feature as the car assumes that we are ready to get out of the car once it is in P. Maybe it can be disabled.
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 09:04   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
The auto unlock of the doors when it is shifted to P is a convenience feature as the car assumes that we are ready to get out of the car once it is in P. Maybe it can be disabled.
The only problem is at traffic signals, you have to move to N and pull the parking brake; the other option is to move to P, the doors unlock, you lock them back by using the central lock button. Otherwise you always run the risk of thieves prowling at signals flicking things out of your car
There seems to be a sequence mentioned in the owner's manual to disable it but it doesn't work and the Honda ASS is clueless
Old 23rd January 2022, 14:00   #2035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Quote:
There seems to be a sequence mentioned in the owner's manual to disable it but it doesn't work and the Honda ASS is clueless
Guys, why bother about disabling this feature. Just ensure you always put the selector in N at signals or short stops where you don’t have to get off. It’s merely a matter of practice, I have been doing this since the last 11 years in my Civic with no issues whatsoever. In fact while getting off it’s very convenient with the doors unlocking in P.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 15:16   #2036

Quote:

Rear Camera and Sensors
This is another major help as I realized that the rear sensors detect human movement as well. This along with rear camera, much less worry when kids decide to run around while I sweat it out taking the car out of parking.
Adding one point I missed.

Lane watch camera
This one comes just below the left rear view mirror only for ZX variant. Other than the obvious benefits, I find it useful when kid's sit on the seat edge completely blocking the mirror.
Old 23rd January 2022, 16:01   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Guys, why bother about disabling this feature. Just ensure you always put the selector in N at signals or short stops where you don’t have to get off. It’s merely a matter of practice, I have been doing this since the last 11 years in my Civic with no issues whatsoever. In fact while getting off it’s very convenient with the doors unlocking in P.

Cheers
Also as I read on the internet, it is not a good practice to put car in P at traffic lights. In case car is rear ended it can damage the gearbox of the car. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 23rd January 2022, 17:51   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
2. The seatbelt reminder does not go away at all and chimes 6 times every couple of minutes
Is this how it is with the 5th gen too? As in does the alarm keep on going until the seatbelt is worn or does the alarm have a defined timeout of xx minutes/seconds?
Old 23rd January 2022, 18:41   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
Is this how it is with the 5th gen too? As in does the alarm keep on going until the seatbelt is worn or does the alarm have a defined timeout of xx minutes/seconds?
I am not sure about the 5th gen, but in 4th gen it keeps beeping
Old 23rd January 2022, 18:50   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
It goes of in approx 5 minutes if the occupants have still not worn the seatbelt, also it gets activated once you hit a speed of 20 kmph.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed