Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 12:01   #2071
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Hello everyone.

I have come to a decision to purchase 5th gen Honda City ZX after considering several options. However, I need more clarity regarding this purchase:
  • Insurance: What should be the IDV? Is it decided by the insurance company or can we choose it for a new vehicle? Acko website allowed me to select 17.84 lacs as IDV but the base price is 14.98.
  • Tyres: I know it is recommended to upgrade to 195 or something but I am wondering if the stock tyres can work for at least 2-3 years? My usage mostly will be to office and my parents in city driving and rarely for long drives.
  • Basic accessory kit: Is it optional? It appears buying these outside (Amazon) will turn out cheaper.

Always grateful for any inputs.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
Old 14th February 2022, 12:22   #2072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
  • Insurance: What should be the IDV? Is it decided by the insurance company or can we choose it for a new vehicle? Acko website allowed me to select 17.84 lacs as IDV but the base price is 14.98.
  • Tyres: I know it is recommended to upgrade to 195 or something but I am wondering if the stock tyres can work for at least 2-3 years? My usage mostly will be to office and my parents in city driving and rarely for long drives.
  • Basic accessory kit: Is it optional? It appears buying these outside (Amazon) will turn out cheaper.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
Hi Sri,

Insurance - if not mistaken, the max that is allowed by law is 95% of ex showroom price

Tyres - I am using them stock, and as long as you are below 90 to 100 km/hr speed they are fine. Noise is on the higher side though.

Basic accessories- they are optional and don't buy them from dealership. Better quality items can be bought online at lesser price.
sreerknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 12:23   #2073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyaksh View Post
Wow the car looks smashing after the coat. Do mention price for the coat for our reference, if comfortable!
Yes. The compound used for scratch or paint correction is too good. It cost me 25K for Graphene coating and 4.5K for underbody and silencer coating.
sprinter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 14:23   #2074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Hi Sri,

Tyres - I am using them stock, and as long as you are below 90 to 100 km/hr speed they are fine. Noise is on the higher side though.
Thanks. I'm usually very conservative about the speed. But will an upgrade in tyres reduce the noise?

Regards,
Sri Harsha
Old 14th February 2022, 14:31   #2075
Senior - BHPian

Honda city owners, how do you feel about the door mounted rear view mirrors. I find them absolutely indigestible. Any reason for this design choice or any benefits?
Old 14th February 2022, 15:16   #2076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Honda city owners, how do you feel about the door mounted rear view mirrors. I find them absolutely indigestible. Any reason for this design choice or any benefits?
Its actually is a good design. Helps avoid blind spots better than mirrors on the pillar edge. However it's more decided based on asthetics. Most supercars have it on doors. Bmw and mercedes prefer on the pillar edge panel while Audi continues on the door.
dipen is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:20   #2077
Senior - BHPian

Honda City owners, does your car still do the weird fuel cutoff at high rpms or has this been fixed now?

McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:29   #2078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
Can you share the DIY guide or instructions for this.
Kindly go through these two threads

1. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...uti-swift.html (DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM and Digital Clock & Temperature Display in my Maruti Swift)

2.https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-rs-838-a.html
dpat17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:41   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Honda City owners, does your car still do the weird fuel cutoff at high rpms or has this been fixed now?
In my 3 months and 6000 kms of ownership, have redlined the engine few times and haven't observed this issue so far.

The car pulls cleanly, to speeds not mentionable on public forums!

Last edited by mAndArk : 14th February 2022 at 15:43.
mAndArk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 16:21   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Thanks. I'm usually very conservative about the speed. But will an upgrade in tyres reduce the noise?

Regards,
Sri Harsha
Feedback from some City owners in this forum say so; the road noise will be reduced. Refer to Swarup's post few pages back.
Old 14th February 2022, 18:42   #2081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarup5 View Post
Hello All,
I would like to share a few upgrades ( mostly functional ) I have done to date. Have decided not to spend any more money on upgrades in the near future. Below is a thread with a summary of all the changes my Honda City V CVT has seen. *snip*
Hey, how's the weather seal holding up? The reviews state poor adhesive quality and seals falling off. I'm looking at weather seals to minimise dust in the door trim.
Old 14th February 2022, 19:14   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
Hey, how's the weather seal holding up? The reviews state poor adhesive quality and seals falling off. I'm looking at weather seals to minimise dust in the door trim.
I have used a 3M VHB double sided tape on top of existing adhesive. The weather seal comes with a poor adhesive otherwise.
Swarup5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 21:54   #2083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I've done this lot many times in my car and never faced the same issue. Did the same in few of my friends cars, no problems at all.

So I guess its safe to assume it has been fixed.
SAK-XXVII is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 13:05   #2084
BHPian

A friend of mine bought the new City in Nov 2021 and earlier in Jan, I had a chance to ride with him. I am the owner of a 2012 City and strangely, I found the 5th Gen more noisy. Also, the boot makes a cheap 'thud' sound while shutting. It lacks that 'dhuk' bass sound which my 2012 has. Just my observation.

Regards,
Rohan
rjalihal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 15:56   #2085
BHPian

I just happened to stumble upon this report from NDTV. Is it fair to assume that 5th Gen City would have the same NCAP rating if not better?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks