Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2022, 08:01   #2101
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Hello Folks!

I am confused between the 3 variants. While I am loving the lights on ZX, I am not sure of the practical difference vs the projector LEDs on V. It feels like all the good things are planted on the ZX variant only. My preference is for safety and functionality, with max use in the city and occasional highway rides. I do love leather seats but not sure whether its worth to spend 2.5L extra on ZX vs V. My budget is also not that high...

3. Any delightful difference in experience driving the ZX vs V in the long term?
Get the ZX with both eyes closed of budget is not an issue. The reflector LED lights will definitely disappoint you on rainy nights but are fine otherwise. Moreover,

1.) The V does not look as sharp as the ZX due to those boring 15' alloys compared to the 16' diamond cut ones on the ZX which just look fantastic.(No offense intended to V owners)

2.) Safety, which is a priority for you, is better served with the ZX's 6 airbags compared to the 4 on the V.

3.) IIRC, the ZX gets different (and much better contoured hence more comfortable) front seats than the plain-jane ones on the V.

The VX is the choice of compromise if the ZX still does not make any sense. It gets everything worthwhile from the ZX and excludes the bits you may curse at times later on in your ownership period (like the LED lights).
sierrabravo98 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 20:28   #2102
BHPian

Hi,
Can anyone recommend any good body cover for the City that causes minimal or no scratches? Was trying to avoid it but the neighborhood is becoming dustier. Thanks in advance.
Old 20th February 2022, 21:02   #2103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
Hi,
Can anyone recommend any good body cover for the City that causes minimal or no scratches? Was trying to avoid it but the neighborhood is becoming dustier. Thanks in advance.
I have this one
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5115375 (Review: Coverwell car covers)

I found some helpful videos on Youtube on "how to put car cover". Now it takes just couple of minutes for me.

For dusting you can go for Jopasu duster.

Last edited by Latheesh : 20th February 2022 at 21:08.
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 07:36   #2104
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Folks!

I had a test drive of the ZX CVT today at Ring Road Honda, IFFCO chowk, Gurgaon. The car is a stunner and the joy of riding one is amazing. The sales person seemed to be pushy but very knowledgeable about the variant. He promised a 2 day delivery for City (2022 make) and I was plain surprised at that commitment given all the delays I have been reading about in the newspaper due to chip shortage. I did ask for pricing details and while he didn't shell out a number (discount value), he did mention that the dealership will do something.

I am confused between the 3 variants. While I am loving the lights on ZX, I am not sure of the practical difference vs the projector LEDs on V. It feels like all the good things are planted on the ZX variant only. My preference is for safety and functionality, with max use in the city and occasional highway rides. I do love leather seats but not sure whether its worth to spend 2.5L extra on ZX vs V. My budget is also not that high...

Looking for recommendations on following questions:

1. How is Ring Road Honda dealership in Gurgaon? Should I consider any other Honda dealership in Gurgaon?
2. What discount value should I expect on any variant of City?
3. Any delightful difference in experience driving the ZX vs V in the long term?
A very close friend had picked a City V 4th gen from this dealership in September last year and had a very pleasant transparent interaction. He had referred me to his Sales guy - Tanuj. Fairly proactive chap. Well, the City isn't exactly flying off the shelves, but I was told they can source a model/color that isn't in stock within a few days from the Honda plant in Noida.

I test drove a lovely silver ZX auto with a spoiler here in December. I have been thinking about a new car, but not too seriously. I liked the City. I prefer a sedan. Space on offer is definitely more than the Seltos I test drove next door. One thing stuck out like a store thumb, cabin noise. Hopefully a one-off instance. The amount of road/engine noise filtering into the cabin really caught me by surprise. Is poor insulation an issue or was it just me? The V is super value for money. The ZX is nicer, but the VFM prospect diminishes quickly. I think I would like a variant with the sunroof at least. The SA did mention they can retrofit the seat covers from ZX on the V. Do update how it goes.

Last edited by promit : 21st February 2022 at 07:44.
promit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 09:34   #2105
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Folks!

Looking for recommendations on following questions:

1. How is Ring Road Honda dealership in Gurgaon? Should I consider any other Honda dealership in Gurgaon?
2. What discount value should I expect on any variant of City?
I bought V CVT last year from the same dealership. My dealership experience have been OK, nothing special but nothing to be worried as well. I would say go for it. There is another dealership on Sohna road, and my friend bought their 4th gen City from there some 4 years ago. Their experience have been good too. SO any of those would be OK.

Ring road Honda is a bigger dealership with multiple showrooms and service centers in NCR, hence they have better availability (hence 2 day delivery promise).

On discounts, you can bargain and push. When I was negotiating with them (I am pretty bad at negotiations), the sales guy was pretty open to seal the deal and promised good discounts and freebies. Just make sure you take everything in writing.

On variant, I would say - if you have the budget, go for ZX (I would prefer the top variant of any car any day). But if you are looking to restrain your costs, V variant has pretty much everything you would need.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 10:36   #2106
src
BHPian

Just a check that how many of you have driven the car when the display shows 0 kms to Refuel Station.

Below are the pictures before fueling and after refuel.

There is a reserve of estimated 5 litres for 50 kms which is not displayed.
This is not true for all cars. On a hindsight I feel this is a good practice for Honda Cars.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-4dad99ed1f5b429c86224f93bbf012e8.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-f8817e2519ea4903ab6fe523b74511a8.jpg  

Last edited by src : 21st February 2022 at 10:37. Reason: Typo Error
src is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 11:36   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Below are the pictures before fueling and after refuel
Can I know how many litres it took for the full tank?

I guess it must have been 35 litres? (since full tank is supposed to be 40 litres).

I am interested in this since I keep my car unused for many days at low fuel and only fill when I have a long drive coming up, since I want the petrol to be fresh.
Old 21st February 2022, 11:42   #2108
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post

I guess it must have been 35 litres? (since full tank is supposed to be 40 litres).

I am interested in this since I keep my car unused for many days at low fuel and only fill when I have a long drive coming up, since I want the petrol to be fresh.
Yes it was 35.14 liters till auto cut off as I follow this practice only.
On Delivery Day I refilled 36.97 liters assuming Dealer gave 3-5 liters.
src is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 12:27   #2109

Hi All,

Almost on the verge of receiving my Honda City ZX in a week's time. Need to change the tyres after hearing all the horror stories. Would request esteemed owners and enthusiasts to suggest the best tyres out of the following listed below. Tyre size will be 195/55/R16.

1) Michelin Primacy 4ST
2) Yokohama Good Earth
3) Continental UC16

Please note that Michelin Dealers are saying to avoid 4ST as due to some tyre Import ban, warranty can be troublesome. They were saying Michelin is only going to import 17 from now on.

Also, please suggest some good mats for floor and trunk.

Thanks again!
ak799 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 13:35   #2110
Senior - BHPian

Michelin definately if you get them. In the size you have mentioned, also note that Michelin will be around 6k more for a set of 4 compared to others from recent pricing structures.

Yoko and continental bring international brands have a pull, but both have mixed long term reviews from real buyers. Don't discard some premium versions of Indian brands. They could be slightly cheaper and offer similar performance.
Old 21st February 2022, 15:14   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
I am confused between the 3 variants. While I am loving the lights on ZX, I am not sure of the practical difference vs the projector LEDs on V. It feels like all the good things are planted on the ZX variant only. My preference is for safety and functionality, with max use in the city and occasional highway rides.
My car purchase policy is to focus on the best engine and driving experience and then purchase the highest trim of such car. The engine/engineering, driving/handling, safety/serviceability is for me, the fancy features/creature comforts, experience of being in such a car is for the family. Best of both worlds. Last week I took delivery of a ZX-CVT trim of Honda City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I liked the City. I prefer a sedan. Space on offer is definitely more than the Seltos I test drove next door. One thing stuck out like a store thumb, cabin noise. Hopefully a one-off instance. The amount of road/engine noise filtering into the cabin really caught me by surprise. Is poor insulation an issue or was it just me?
I opted for a 3M under-body rust protection coating and coupled with a tyre upgrade, the NVH is now at-par with my expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Just a check that how many of you have driven the car when the display shows 0 kms to Refuel Station.

There is a reserve of estimated 5 litres for 50 kms which is not displayed.
This is not true for all cars. On a hindsight I feel this is a good practice for Honda Cars.
Yes, not knowing this when I took delivery did make me skip a heartbeat when at a cross road signal the display blinked 0 KMs left!! The refueling of 35.44L made me realize that there is around 5L of reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak799 View Post
Need to change the tyres after hearing all the horror stories.

Also, please suggest some good mats for floor and trunk.
I upgraded to Michelin Primacy 4ST 195/55/R16 as soon as my car stepped out of the dealership. In the one week of driving I found that NVH has improved.

However, there is no horror story with the stock tyres. The car on stock tyres looks under-tyred and the stock Ecopia are not enthusiast friendly. If you have upgraded your tyres in your past ownership(s) and you understand what you are paying up for, by all means go for it. Else, stick to the stock and it should serve you well till the end of its usable life.

I could have as well gone for Perfinza, however the MRF dealer was not ready to buy-back the stock and hence I opted for Michelin.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd February 2022 at 02:14. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
sankdadevil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 16:13   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post

I attempted this "stunt" and my car took in 34.5l to auto cutoff, the DTE was showing 2km when I refilled
Old 22nd February 2022, 13:42   #2113
BHPian

Test drove the Honda City 5th gen Petrol ZX manual variant as replacement for my 2016 Ford Ecosport TDCi. Coming from a turbo diesel, was pleasantly surprised at the way the NA 1.5 petrol drove – did not feel a lack of grunt while overtaking, and it revs as smooth as knife through warm butter!

Also test drove the German twins (Kushaq/Taigun) for myself, and happened to accompany my sister and brother in law on their test drive of the Jeep Compass diesel. Have to say, the interiors of none of these cars impressed me the way that the City interiors did – it’s just so spacious and has a feeling of understated luxury. In terms of build quality I couldn’t notice a pronounced difference in the “thud” between the German twins and the City – except for the matter of that boot door on the City.

The touchscreen on the City is the only sore point – there’s no way to escape it. Would like to know from existing owners about how Apple Carplay does on this system? Is the low-res screen off-putting to the point that it could be a deal breaker? Really liked the car otherwise, and would like to buy a sedan against the barrage of SUV/C-SUV’s on the roads. Given the price differential with the equivalent Kushaq/Taigun variants, the City feels more of a complete car IMHO.

Last edited by Pequod : 22nd February 2022 at 13:44.
Pequod is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 14:03   #2114
BHPian

Can we put 205/50-16 in place of the 185/55-16 as the skinny 185 tyres are just not good enough. Any rubbing issues with the 205's ?
Old 22nd February 2022, 14:38   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackyash View Post
Can we put 205/50-16 in place of the 185/55-16 as the skinny 185 tyres are just not good enough. Any rubbing issues with the 205's ?
Yes we can install 205's ,I have 205's Michelin's on my car, no rubbing issues whatsoever on complete steering lock to lock, car looks perfect on 205's in my opinion

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks