Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2022, 10:16   #2131
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
My preference is for safety and functionality, with max use in the city and occasional highway rides. I do love leather seats but not sure whether its worth to spend 2.5L extra on ZX vs V. My budget is also not that high
Have you considered arriving at a compromise and getting the VX? It doesn't have all the creature comforts like LED reading lights, and the fancy headlamps and chrome door handles (interestingly the VX has a sunroof), but you do get something important that you don't get on the V, which is of particular importance because you prefer safety: head-protecting curtain airbags. IMO this should be a big reason to stretch for the VX over the V.
ron178 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 11:22   #2132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomph11 View Post
My dad currently has a booking of Sonet HTX AT. I’m asking him to consider Honda city CVT variant due to it’s comfort and spacious cabin along with easy availability, but the major drawback is the uncertain future of Honda in India. Is it worth to take a punt on Honda now? I’m myself skeptical about it’s future, but isn’t City a dream car for everyone.
I speak as the owner of 2020 Sonet HTK+ DCT and 2021 Honda City V CVT, let your father get the Sonet. The city is a great car, but at times I see my father struggle a little bit to get into the car since it's quite low slung. It's extremely easy for him to walk into the Sonet because of it's tall boy characteristic.

Comparing the gearbox, it's an oranges to apples comparison. Both are great, both better than 90% of gearboxes in the market, both have their individual shortcomings.
Old 25th February 2022, 21:48   #2133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Have you considered arriving at a compromise and getting the VX? I IMO this should be a big reason to stretch for the VX over the V.
Thank you and Yes, directionally I was thinking about these points during my analysis. Infact, I went ahead and booked a VX CVT today afternoon with Ring Road Honda dealership on MG Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post

2.) Safety, which is a priority for you, is better served with the ZX's 6 airbags compared to the 4 on the V.
Yes, this was an important factor and presence of side airbags on VX was good enough for me to go this trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
A very close friend had picked a City V 4th gen from this dealership in September last year and had a very pleasant transparent interaction. He had referred me to his Sales guy - Tanuj.
I have been interacting with Neeraj Gautam and he has been proactive to help with all of my queries and even help me get the delivery of car manufactured 8 days ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post

Ring road Honda is a bigger dealership with multiple showrooms and service centers in NCR, hence they have better availability (hence 2 day delivery promise).
Yes, they have 9 showrooms in NCR and as per the stock sheet (updated till 25th Feb'22) I saw today, they have some 55 City available at the moment across trims in Gurgaon. That's some stock!

Sharing my experience and decision making process to arrive at VX CVT:

1. We moved to Gurgaon in Jan and were on the lookout for a family car, and what better than a Honda City to fulfil the dream of owning 1st car. I have been driving my dad's i20 in Maharashtra and have done ~70k Kms in 3 yrs timeframe. Was on the lookout for an upgrade in that sense.
2. We were clear on getting an automatic, as it would be driven by both - me and my spouse, again no comparison on reliability of Honda CVT engine!
3. We didn't want to wait for 3-4 months due to all kinds of supply chain issues. I had checked with Dee Emm Hyundai, MG road for TD of a Verna but the sales person mentioned 4 months wait time. Dropped the idea without even taking a TD
4. Our budget was 15L but the benefits of VX over V (thanks to inputs from you folks on the forum) made us stretch by a lakh to book the VX - Meteoroid Grey Metallic color

These pointers helped us narrow down on Honda City and 2 day delivery promise by the sales person made it easy for us.

Experience with dealership so far:
1. Sales person (Neeraj) has complete knowledge and is smart in hedging benefits of a trim basis our requirements
2. I went there last weekend for a TD and they arranged a TD within mins on ZX CVT. Nothing fancy with the TD!
3. Neeraj promised a 2 day delivery for any trim we would choose for...
4. Total discount of INR 25k - 10k offered by Honda on their website, 5k corporate discount and dealership agreed for another 10k. Neeraj pushed for it with his manager (something related to TL). Other sales folks were surprised he managed to get that extra 10k for us
5. Neeraj agreed for a PDI and will be arranging the car this Sunday before doing registrations with RTO
6. He was proactive in showing stocks excel and there were 5 units of VX CVT (all manufactured in Feb) available with the dealership. He even went a mile extra in getting us the latest manufactured car - 8 days earlier, as per the excel.
7. Loan process was hassle free. ICICI guy came to our place and got it done. It was pre-approved (7.25% RoI - which to my information is a good rate)

Out and out, good experience thus far. Excited to get our first car home next week! Cheers and Thank you to everyone for their valuable comments to make this swift for us.

I am now looking out for following suggestions:
1. A good place to get ceramic coating done on the new car - in gurgaon
2. A good tyre stockist to upgrade to michelin primacy 4 205/55/16. Read across posts on the forum that this is the best option to upgrade. Any views on 205/50 R16?

Last edited by saurabh89 : 25th February 2022 at 21:54. Reason: added information
saurabh89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 23:13   #2134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you and Yes, directionally I was thinking about these points during my analysis. Infact, I went ahead and booked a VX CVT today afternoon with Ring Road Honda dealership on MG Road.

2. A good tyre stockist to upgrade to michelin primacy 4 205/55/16. Read across posts on the forum that this is the best option to upgrade. Any views on 205/50 R16?

Congratulations on the booking.

205/55R16 is the correct upsize, and Michelin Primacy 4 is an excellent choice.
Look for Dazzle Detailing in the Delhi directory thread. He is supposed to be the go to guy for things like ceramic.
Do consider having underbody anti rust coating done. It reduces road noise and also helps with long term corrosion prevention. My Gen4 has its share of rusting issues…. just saying. It is a good idea to invest in damping the car as well. Doors, floor, the boot (under the spare wheel) and the roof. Especially the roof, it gets L O U D inside when it rains.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 23:47   #2135
BHPian

Quote:

Good choice on the vx, congratulations.
A good place to detail in gurgaon would be OCD detail studio , owner is Saurabh vikas an ex IaF fighter pilot does a great job. Know him as we are in the same superbike riding group. No commercial affliations at all with him. If in delhi then Jaspreet at sparkle detailing is your man. Both theese gentlemen are thorough proffesionals with a love for their craft.

Secondly on the tyres i have 205/50/16 michelins on my city and trust me zero road noise and handles like a dream do not get into the ohh michelins are expensive debate with anyone these tyres are perfection, drive them to actually see the difference.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 09:19   #2136
BHPian

I'm wondering why Honda is not providing better tyre profile on top end variant. I, myself, upgraded tyres of my 2014 Honda City to 195/60 R15 Michelin Primacy tyres immediately after taking delivery.

The one issue I face post upgrade is during rainy season, the car gets dirtier on sides as the mud flaps cannot protect all splash coming from wider tyres.
Old 27th February 2022, 09:28   #2137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
If in delhi then Jaspreet at sparkle detailing is your man. Both theese gentlemen are thorough proffesionals with a love for their craft.
Jaspreet’s (aka NOTORIOUS on TBHP) venture is now known as Dazzle Detailing and the studio is at Patel Auto, near Hotel Siddhartha, Rajendra Place, New Delhi.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 14:33   #2138

Hello,

Disclaimer: I am fairly new to team-bhp. Hoping that this small review will help others decide on buying the Honda City 5th Generation.

In this post I will share my decision process, buying, delivery and initial ownership experience of Honda City 5th generation V CVT (Radiant Red).

Deciding on Honda City V CVT

I owned Suzuki Dzire VX AMT 2018 model with the company lease plan.
The company lease plan is for 44 months and at the end of it, we have option to either buy it or selling it off.
If I buy I become the second owner of my own car and miss out on Fuel Allowance.
Hence a wise decision was to sell my Dzire and go for a new car.
I was a little troubled due to low ground clearance of Dzire as it caused scraping when fully loaded many times.
However I did enjoy the lower seating position. Hence I was confused whether to go for a Sedan or a Compact SUV.
I took test drive for Tata Nexon and had almost finalised on the same. However I must say my experience with the Showroom i.e. KHT Motors Whitefield wasn’t very good.

But one fine evening while taking a walk in the apartment, I came across a Honda WRV. I thought it will be worth checking it out.
Hence visited Whitefield Honda the very next day. WRV as such did not impress me much, but when I looked at 5th Generation City, I was delighted and started researching on the same.
Found the car to be really awesome. Took test drives of manual and automatic, but coming from Dzire AMT, I felt much at home with Automatic and found the CVT much more smoother and brilliant.
Now was the question of low GC as even during test drive I scrapped a hump created due to some digging. This was my mistake though that I did not see it coming, maybe because I did not adjust the driver’s seat to my preference and must have missed it.
However at the end I decided that low GC cannot be the deal breaker with such an excellent car. Hence decided to ignore the same.
Next question was which variant to choose. VX was available much earlier than V, but did not want to extend my budget. So even though I liked VX primarily for the Side Airbags, I decided to stick to V CVT.

Buying Experience with Whitefield Honda

I had called up Honda customer care to enquire about when I can come for visit so that I can test drive as well. So I received call from this sales guy Mr Praveen.
I went to the showroom in the evening and was really pleased with not only the car but also the Showroom experience. Was taken care of well and all the details regarding the car were convincingly answered.
Within few days I made my decision and went to the showroom for booking. The booking process also went well, and was told around 45 days to 60 days for V CVT.
I booked V CVT radiant Red on 1st of January 2022 and preferred a 2022 manufactured vehicle.
The vehicle arrived at the showroom on 16th February and I took the delivery of the vehicle on 22nd of February. I feel it took longer than what I was expecting.
The delivery went very smooth though wherein the documentation was done swiftly and Mr Praveen explained me all the details of the car.

Initial ownership experience with the car

What I liked

- Excellent Drivers Seat.
- Rich interiors with lot of pockets to keep stuff. Really found the placeholder to keep the phone and pocket on right side of the driver to keep the parking tickets very helpful.
- The infotainment System is good if not the best.
- NVH is so much less when I compare with Dzire.
- Radiant Red colour looks really sporty. However this depends on individual choice. The
reason I went for Red is as it was my son’s choice and I don’t regret it. It looks
magnificent.
- As mentioned before, CVT is really smooth and enjoyable as compared to the AMT in my
Dzire.
- Engine is so much powerful and fun to drive.
- The front doors are really heavy and good “Thud” sound on closing the doors.
- The Honda connect app is a nice feature wherein I can get all the information about the
fuel, trips, lock status etc., sitting at home.
- Steering is very responsive and with easy I am able to manoeuvre the comparatively
tight parking space in my apartment with ease.
- Last but not least, the car is a looker. I see lot of turning heads.

What could have been better

- Curtain airbags in V as well as I am not as such fond of Sunroof and if by paying little
more if the airbags would have offered in V even as optional variant I would have gone
for the same. But just could not stretch to VX due to budget.
- The Trunk opener feels very light as compared to for example Tata Nexon.
- The back doors also feel a little lighter.
- Wheels indeed look small on this big car, but since I will own this also for 44 months due
to company lease, I did not go for any replacement.

I would like to end this review saying that I am completely satisfied with this purchase and will recommend this. Since the time I have got the car delivered, I am only finding reasons to take it out.

Here are some Pictures:

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_2645.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_2647.jpg

Thanks.
vineetklkrn is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 17:18   #2139
BHPian

Second free service

Second free service over. Car was silky-smooth on my drive back, 140 kms on 4-lane roads.

No charges, but I optionally went in for wheel-alignment for which I paid Rs.780. Tyres were also rotated. Though Honda recommends rotation every 10K kms, I plan to do it every 5K.

My car stands idle for most of the days with bursts of long distance driving. So I wanted to keep the fuel level low during these idle periods and fill only when I have a long drive coming up, so that the petrol remains fresh.

After owing the Civic for the past 14+ years, I am 100% satisfied with my new city!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-dsc_1559.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-dsc_1557.jpg  

manim is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 18:37   #2140

Hi fellow BHPians, as summer is around the corner, was just wondering about what all sunshade options available do we have for 5th gen city. I purchased Autofact magnetic one from Amazon but returned it due to size mismatch issues. Can anybody guide me on from where (online source or offline stores in Delhi NCR) to purchase the same? Thanks.
Jayant2080 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 20:05   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant2080 View Post
Hi fellow BHPians, as summer is around the corner, was just wondering about what all sunshade options available do we have for 5th gen city. I purchased Autofact magnetic one from Amazon but returned it due to size mismatch issues. Can anybody guide me on from where (online source or offline stores in Delhi NCR) to purchase the same? Thanks.
I recently got 3M sunfilms done for my car and it seems to be doing a good job with heat resistance. If you were to ask me whether it is legal, I would say Yes, at least in Bangalore, based on the below tweet from Police Commissioner sometime ago.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot.jpg  

praveenp is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 22:55   #2142
Senior - BHPian

Re: Second free service

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
After owing the Civic for the past 14+ years, I am 100% satisfied with my new city!
Congratulations Manim!

Could you please elaborate on your experience with the City versus the Civic. Power wise I don’t think the City can hold a candle to the Civic and the hydraulic steering in the Civic is to die for as far as I am concerned. Since I own and love my Civic 2010 V AT this would be interesting to know.

Thank you.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 08:29   #2143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
I recently got 3M sunfilms done for my car and it seems to be doing a good job with heat resistance. If you were to ask me whether it is legal, I would say Yes, at least in Bangalore, based on the below tweet from Police Commissioner sometime ago.
I don't think the Supreme Court has given any exemption for the state of Karnataka for the sun film ban. It is applicable pan India. The only tint legally allowed is that which comes directly from the factory. I'm not going into the sanity of the judgement, that is another topic altogether.
longhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 09:51   #2144

Thanks praveenp! However just concerned about its implication on pan Inda basis, as suggested by longhorn. I was looking for a temporary solution with sunshades but unfortunately have not been able to find one which will fit properly.
Jayant2080 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 10:04   #2145
BHPian

Re: Second free service

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
So I wanted to keep the fuel level low during these idle periods and fill only when I have a long drive coming up, so that the petrol remains fresh.
While the intent is right here, BUT, with fuel levels as low as what is depicted in the pic you have shared, you might end up doing more harm to your car than good, buddy. Such low levels of fuel can damage your fuel pump. It is always advisable to top up once the fuel tank reaches 25% capacity.

I have been driving the 4th-Gen i-vtec for the last 6 years and there has been a on my face, every single day.

Enjoy your long drives, Happy Motoring!
RJ2285 is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks