Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2022, 11:36   #2146
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant2080 View Post
Thanks praveenp! However just concerned about its implication on pan Inda basis, as suggested by longhorn. I was looking for a temporary solution with sunshades but unfortunately have not been able to find one which will fit properly.
You might want to check this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...n-film-52.html (Legal Alternatives to Sun Film)
praveenp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 11:42   #2147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I don't think the Supreme Court has given any exemption for the state of Karnataka for the sun film ban. It is applicable pan India. The only tint legally allowed is that which comes directly from the factory. I'm not going into the sanity of the judgement, that is another topic altogether.
No, I did not say that KA or BLR has an exemption to the order; all I said was I got it installed based on the tweet's confirmation from the Commissioner. Yes there is a difference between tinted glass and sun films and the supreme court order says that if the tint is within the permissible visibility, it can be part of the manufactured Vehicle. But the tweet implies that if sun films too adhere to the same standard as tint's, former can be affixed.
Old 1st March 2022, 11:52   #2148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
No, I did not say that KA or BLR has an exemption to the order; all I said was I got it installed based on the tweet's confirmation from the Commissioner. Yes there is a difference between tinted glass and sun films and the supreme court order says that if the tint is within the permissible visibility, it can be part of the manufactured Vehicle. But the tweet implies that if sun films too adhere to the same standard as tint's, former can be affixed.
Its all good until you get stopped by the police, they will do their finger nail test on your glass and then ask you to remove or pay a fine. But its not over yet - since they have stopped you, they may as well check in their system for any other pending previous fine and then ask you to pay that as well.

Why? Because you look like an educated person, may know already that sunfilm is illegal as per court order yet you still have it installed further assuming that you are likely to have other traffic violations in your name.

The fellows who are on this traffic duty very well know the difference between factory tint and sunfilm, a lot of them can detect it from quite a distance. An example is the ones near corporation signal, they know that JC road is nearby
Kosfactor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 12:03   #2149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Its all good until you get stopped by the police, they will do their finger nail test on your glass and then ask you to remove or pay a fine. But its not over yet - since they have stopped you, they may as well check in their system for any other pending previous fine and then ask you to pay that as well.

Why? Because you look like an educated person, may know already that sunfilm is illegal as per court order yet you still have it installed further assuming that you are likely to have other traffic violations in your name.

The fellows who are on this traffic duty very well know the difference between factory tint and sunfilm, a lot of them can detect it from quite a distance. An example is the ones near corporation signal, they know that JC road is nearby
You are spot on. It had happened to me and I did pay a fine But this time, if I get stopped, I will show them the tweet from their boss, who is still in charge of Bangalore Police. But the chances of they getting convinced is less for sure. I got the sun films done since I keep traveling to Udupi/Coastal Karnataka where the temperature soar.
Old 1st March 2022, 13:16   #2150
BHPian

Re: Second free service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Could you please elaborate on your experience with the City versus the Civic
From my earlier post on this thread regarding comparison with the Civic(edited):

Though all the reviews on the internet and YouTube talks about how this car has grown in size nearly to the old-Civic, I say NO Chance, it is SMALL. Not that I am complaining though, I wanted a smaller car, the Civic was too large to drive in the city and was supreme only on highways. I find this the right size, neither too small nor too large.

I find the driving pleasure is nearly as good as the Civic, at relatively lesser speeds. And the City is NOT lacking in power either. In fact I find the new City with its seven-gear-ratios better than the only five-gears which was on my Civic-AT.

The brakes in the Civic was very much better due to its all round disc-brakes.

The seating position for my driving is NOT as good as the Civic, wish the seats can be pushed lower, and the steering-wheel is too high for my liking.

Though a segment lower, the City is fourteen years newer in technology and it shows in its electronics. I now have Cruise-control (which I use a lot), Traction-control, etc which the Civic lacked.

And I am enjoying the high ground-clearance

All in all I am 100% satisfied and do not miss my Civic!

Here are three photos of my cars taken years apart: The First-gen-City-1.5, Civic and fifth-gen-City

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1.jpg
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2.jpg
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-3.jpg
manim is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 18:34   #2151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Though a segment lower, the City is fourteen years newer in technology and it shows in its electronics. I now have Cruise-control (which I use a lot), Traction-control, etc which the Civic lacked.
A segment lower I am sure you paid probably nearly the same as you did for your Civic 14 years ago.
Quote:
All in all I am 100% satisfied and do not miss my Civic!
That is probably because it is probably still around with an extended family member .
What do you think about the build quality?
Old 3rd March 2022, 00:43   #2152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
A good place to detail in gurgaon would be OCD detail studio , owner is Saurabh vikas an ex IaF fighter pilot does a great job.
I had a detailed chat with Saurabh and also visited his workshop to get a first hand feeler of the detailing work. I am keen to get a broad sense on the pricing for a ceramic coating job with 3 and 4 years of warranty. I am getting quotes from 25k (Ceramic) to upto 50k (graphene) for upto 4 years warranty. From What I understand, warranty is void for swirls and scratches.
Old 3rd March 2022, 01:22   #2153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
I had a detailed chat with Saurabh and also visited his workshop to get a first hand feeler of the detailing work. I am keen to get a broad sense on the pricing for a ceramic coating job with 3 and 4 years of warranty. I am getting quotes from 25k (Ceramic) to upto 50k (graphene) for upto 4 years warranty. From What I understand, warranty is void for swirls and scratches.
To put it very bluntly warranty on cermaic coating is like a flying unicorn! From a customers point of view there aren't any measurable parameters on which one may claim warranty. Also ceramic coating does not protect against swirl marks or scratches whatsoever. The only thing a good ceramic coat will offer is a very nice deep glossy paint finish if done properly and with due dilligence

Pricing wise a good ceramic coat,if maintained properly shall give a glossy finish for 2-3 years should cost 25-30 K

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 3rd March 2022 at 01:25.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 22:14   #2154

Folks - Could someone please tell me what is the sticky liquid at the tyre & rim intersection? It seems to be black in color and is sticky in nature. It is not spreading but is present at the same spot. Tyres are stock - Ecopia 185/55/ R16.

Help is much appreciated!!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220304_163458.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220304_163514.jpg  

ak799 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 12:59   #2155
BHPian

Quote:
Second free service over
Could you please confirm if its 5000kms/6 months or 5000 kms/3 months? Owners manual says 6 months, but I am getting messages and reminders on the app that my service is overdue. Mine has just completed 3 months.
Old 11th March 2022, 13:06   #2156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikd21 View Post
Could you please confirm if its 5000kms/6 months or 5000 kms/3 months? Owners manual says 6 months, but I am getting messages and reminders on the app that my service is overdue. Mine has just completed 3 months.
Ignore the messages, it is 5,000kms/6 months.

Honda and their service centres makes money out of us owners, so they keep pestering us!
manim is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 08:51   #2157
BHPian

Hello, my apologies since I don’t have time and used the search function to the best of my ability and am still left with some queries - this is rather a sudden decision to pick up the city and the good dates with daily office 12 hour job, I’ll try to steal more time of my employers for my beloved.
We are booking the 5th gen Petrol CVT top end with LED lights.

- What do I keep in mind specific to city for PDI? Any pointers to check what showroom folks might skip?
- Are the wheels balanced and aligned from factory? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I just need reassurance that I can hit the highways asap.
- Is the spare wheel the same size as the main 4? I'm confused about this information on the booklet.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-9504ff5c9ee441ea879fdaea954a277b.jpeg

- Can the camera be upgraded for a better quality display on the screen? I understand it’s functional, nothing wrong with existing setup but in future, is that an option?

Thanks a lot. My sincere apologies again as there’s just too much information and I don’t even know where to start (it’s a compliment).

I will make a detailed ownership experience thread once she’s into the family. And it was a roller coaster of an experience for me.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th March 2022 at 09:08. Reason: Post edited for punctuation.
Old 14th March 2022, 11:26   #2158
BHPian

Hi Everyone, I took delivery of Petrol ZX CVT yesterday and upgraded the tyres to Michelin Primacy 195/55/16 after driving around on stock tyres for 50kms. The difference was significant and the car feels smoother and the ride feels better.

Also noticed that when going over thick rumble strips or uneven potholed roads the LED headlights seem to shake/vibrate vertically a bit. This is my first time driving a car with LED/HID headlights, so not sure if it's normal or it requires some fixing. Would appreciate inputs from other ZX owners.
bad_azz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 12:30   #2159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_azz View Post
Hi Everyone, I took delivery of Petrol ZX CVT yesterday and upgraded the tyres to Michelin Primacy 195/55/16 after driving around on stock tyres for 50kms. The difference was significant and the car feels smoother and the ride feels better.

Also noticed that when going over thick rumble strips or uneven potholed roads the LED headlights seem to shake/vibrate vertically a bit. This is my first time driving a car with LED/HID headlights, so not sure if it's normal or it requires some fixing. Would appreciate inputs from other ZX owners.
Hello, I’m about to book and take delivery, does the 195 profile fit the stock rims?
Old 14th March 2022, 13:00   #2160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post
Hello, I’m about to book and take delivery, does the 195 profile fit the stock rims?
Yes, it fits very well and looks better too than the stock size.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks