Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2022, 13:36   #2161

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Any idea or products to get wireless mirroring for Honda city 5th Gen ? Badly needed upgrade or OEM to replace wired head unit.
mahantesh.g2909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 15:20   #2162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahantesh.g2909 View Post
Any idea or products to get wireless mirroring for Honda city 5th Gen ? Badly needed upgrade or OEM to replace wired head unit.
Yes, I'm using a wireless carplay adapter for a few months and it works flawlessly. If you have an apple device do consider getting them from US. If android I've heard good things about Motorola 's offering of wireless AA.

You can see the review in this link (The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62)
Swarup5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 08:36   #2163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post
- What do I keep in mind specific to city for PDI? Any pointers to check what showroom folks might skip?
- Are the wheels balanced and aligned from factory? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I just need reassurance that I can hit the highways asap.
- Is the spare wheel the same size as the main 4? I'm confused about this information on the booklet.

Attachment 2284538

- Can the camera be upgraded for a better quality display on the screen? I understand it’s functional, nothing wrong with existing setup but in future, is that an option?
Answering my own questions in case -
The spare is same as other 4 for higher variants. Their tech specs is little confusing. This is also confirmed in one of the posts here (The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62).

I couldn’t find anything for the rear camera upgrade yet.

I’ll try to upgrade to 195 profile tyres at showroom itself. Else run on the 185 for sometime and then upgrade for exchange.

It will be much helpful if someone can please tell me if there’s something specific to look out for in PDI for the 5th gen.

Thank you.
Old 15th March 2022, 11:20   #2164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post
It will be much helpful if someone can please tell me if there’s something specific to look out for in PDI for the 5th gen.
There is nothing specific to check in the City 5th gen.
Go through this thread
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...heck-list.html (ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List)
and prepare a check list and do PDI before making final payment.

Do under body coating
Don't take basic accessory kit
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 13:27   #2165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_azz View Post
Hi Everyone, I took delivery of Petrol ZX CVT yesterday and upgraded the tyres to Michelin Primacy 195/55/16 after driving around on stock tyres for 50kms. The difference was significant and the car feels smoother and the ride feels better.

What did you do with the stock tyres? Sold it to the shop? If yes, what amount?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th March 2022 at 12:19. Reason: A word
Old 15th March 2022, 14:15   #2166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
What did you do with the stock tyres? Sold it to the shop? If yes, what amount?
Sold the stock tyres to the tyre shop. Paid 15000 extra for exchanging 4 tyres.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th March 2022 at 12:20. Reason: Quoted post edited
bad_azz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 10:26   #2167
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

Hope all is well.

I was looking to do some damping work to have an enhanced experience. I have observed that the stock insulation done is already smooth. Having said that, I would like to understand if any fellow owners did any damping work post-delivery? If so how is the noise reduction/experience? I am a fan of a silent cabin and am interested in this mainly to eliminate road noise.

The cost quoted to me is 15k for a 2.3mm sheet and 18k for a 3 mm sheet. This includes damping of 4 doors and a boot. Attached few pictures for your reference. PC: Afto Auto Solutions, Coimbatore

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-unnamed2.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-unnamed.jpg

Thanks,
Vasi
Old 18th March 2022, 13:40   #2168
BHPian

Re: Second free service

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Second free service over. Car was silky-smooth on my drive back, 140 kms on 4-lane roads.

No charges, but I optionally went in for wheel-alignment for which I paid Rs.780. Tyres were also rotated. Though Honda recommends rotation every 10K kms, I plan to do it every 5K.

My car stands idle for most of the days with bursts of long distance driving. So I wanted to keep the fuel level low during these idle periods and fill only when I have a long drive coming up, so that the petrol remains fresh.

After owing the Civic for the past 14+ years, I am 100% satisfied with my new city!

Hi Manim,

Have seen your posts on the Civic maintenance thread. Just wanted to know how does the driving feel of the City CVT stack up when compared to the 8th gen Civics torque converter and which one is more fun to drive and.responsive if you had to pick one ? Also did the Civics autobox give trouble anytime during your ownership since I did see you drove it almost 1.8 Lacs kms. Asking this since my current ride is a 2013 Civic VAT and at some.point in future , I might just consider the City since I'm all for sedans only.

Last edited by raunaqv471 : 18th March 2022 at 13:45.
raunaqv471 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 16:34   #2169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunaqv471 View Post
wanted to know how does the driving feel of the City CVT stack up when compared to the 8th gen Civics torque converter and which one is more fun to drive and.responsive if you had to pick one ?
Personally I like the City's CVT better. It has seven-ratios Vs the five on the Civic. And the gearing was 'tall' in the old Civic to give better FE rather than performance.

When starting from rest(say, when the traffic signal turns green), the Civic's torque-converter gives an immense push, the City in contrast is lethargic.

Both are/were fun to drive for me. In absolute terms I will pick the Civic, after all it is a segment higher!

I have many in my friends and family who are derisive about the CVT. Even I thought so initially. But I did a study for many months before I bought the car, on various sites, YouTube, etc and have come to respect the CVT. Anyway the new Civic(which is now discontinued) came only with the CVT.

Quote:
Also did the Civics autobox give trouble anytime during your ownership since I did see you drove it almost 1.8 Lacs kms
I had a problem ONCE, during the 8th year of ownership with the odo at 1,42,000+ kms. The AT light started blinking and the gear would not shift beyond third. I drove it slowly to the dealer and it was solved in about a hour (I don't know what they did). The problem never occurred again in the later six years and 33,000 kms more I used it.

My old Civic is with my cousin in Chennai, and when I spoke with him recently, he was full of praise for the car! (It is about 15 years old with 1,77,000 kms on the odo now).

I got a FE of 19.1 kmpl over 300 kms recently (photo) on the City. All said and done, I enjoy my new City and am looking forward to a long drive soon!
Attached Images

manim is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 13:18   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Personally I like the City's CVT better. It has seven-ratios Vs the five on the Civic. And the gearing was 'tall' in the old Civic to give better FE rather than performance.

My old Civic is with my cousin in Chennai, and when I spoke with him recently, he was full of praise for the car! (It is about 15 years old with 1,77,000 kms on the odo now).

I got a FE of 19.1 kmpl over 300 kms recently (photo) on the City. All said and done, I enjoy my new City and am looking forward to a long drive soon!
Thank you very much Those are some.useful insights. I do hear people trashing all CVTs due to the rubber band effect but I guess Honda have done a stellar job at masking it. ( Way better than the recent Civic CVT which was insanely priced and discontinued) Glad to hear that there are still options out there to replace the Civic with something equally fun and reliable , though I plan to keep her as long as it's practical since I'm only at 63 k Kms. I do want to add that I actually enjoy the tall gearing. She does 112km/hr in second gear . Also I always found the kickdown response on the Civics auto box pretty good too since she drops gears in no time and then you're doing silly speeds with VTEC. On the problem you faced with the sensor , was it the solenoid and might i ask , how much did they charge to rectify it?

Also those are some obscenely good mileage figures for a big car I'd say Wishing you another 15 years of mile munching and trouble free ownership :
raunaqv471 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 18:41   #2171
BHPian

Quote:
On the problem you faced with the sensor , was it the solenoid and might i ask , how much did they charge to rectify it?
Free of cost, maybe the sensors were just cleaned of dust.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 15:47   #2172
BHPian

Folks, we are looking to upgrade my Dad's car for a few months now and have been going back and forth. We already have an i10 grand & an ecosport at home. Have tried Taigun & Kushaq but didn't feel very different from Ecosport. Felt MG was way too big for our use & somehow didn't like Kia Seltos/ Sonet. His use is 99% in city limits in city traffic. Only I might use the car for road trips once in six months.

We just got back from test drive of both Skoda Slavia & Honda City. He prefers the City to Slavia and somehow I feel the same. City still feels like timeless classic & Slavia felt smaller for some reason.

Here's the breakdown I got from the showroom -
ZX CTV

Part A
Ex-Showroom - 14,98,000
TCS - 14,980
Life tax @ 14% - 2,12,855
Honda assued comp insurance 1+2yrs = 30501 + 11176 = 41,677
Basic accessories - 8299
Fast tag - 200
Total = 1776011

Part B
Extended warranty year 4&5 - 14,778
RSA - 3054
Honda assued nil dip - 10917
Key+eng+rit - 4832

New price - 18,09,592
Discount - 25,138

Final Price - 17,85,554

Now - from the above, I'll drop the basic accessories kit since I see most people going for better quality aftermarket products.

1. As for insurance, does it make sense to go with Acko? Zero dip in Acko comes to 27,741 INR. Can I bargain with the showroom on the insurance cost that they are providing? If yes, by how much?

2. Do I need to go with the line items mentioned in Part B? Is it useful?

3. There was a grey colour which I liked but the showroom guy said the new grey colour is now closer to the one is Amaze which is slightly dark grey. The earlier grey is available but only order. Is this earlier grey color discontinued? He said it isn't discontinued but I couldn't believe him.

4. Is the Golden Brown color difficult to maintain? Or fades off over years?

Any help advice is appreciated!
karanskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 16:49   #2173
BHPian

Quote:

1. As for insurance, does it make sense to go with Acko? Zero dip in Acko comes to 27,741 INR. Can I bargain with the showroom on the insurance cost that they are providing? If yes, by how much?
4. Is the Golden Brown color difficult to maintain? Or fades off over years?

Try to get a quote from established players like United India, ICICI and HDFC Ergo. Quote the difference and you should be able to get the insurance amount discounted. We recently did this for my brother in laws S-Cross. Dealers may not put consider Acko.

We have the Golden Brown in our Jazz and its looks awesome and is easy to maintain. At time people confuse it to a black.
Old 20th March 2022, 20:48   #2174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

3. There was a grey colour which I liked but the showroom guy said the new grey colour is now closer to the one is Amaze which is slightly dark grey. The earlier grey is available but only order. Is this earlier grey color discontinued? He said it isn't discontinued but I couldn't believe him.

There is a new silver colour, the invoice shows it as metroid grey and it's a darker, something like the Kia silver. The showroom said they need some find to source out as it is new. They promised delivery by next month for the ZX CVT.
Old 21st March 2022, 04:27   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_azz View Post
Also noticed that when going over thick rumble strips or uneven potholed roads the LED headlights seem to shake/vibrate vertically a bit. This is my first time driving a car with LED/HID headlights, so not sure if it's normal or it requires some fixing. Would appreciate inputs from other ZX owners.
Actually I have also noticed this shaking/vibration of LED headlights on my 2021 ZX CVT. I found it weird and even my driver commented saying he has not seen in other cars. Its almost as if the headlight unit is loose. However I forgot to mention it when they took it for the first check-up. I am not in India now but I would take it to the service center and ask them to fix it. Any other owners facing the same issue?

Last edited by inwester : 21st March 2022 at 04:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks