Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:48   #2371
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by susinnis View Post
Hi All. I will get the delivery of ZX MT variant in couple of weeks. Can someone please give any lead as to where in Mumbai I can trade the factory fitted tyre (Bridgestone 185/55/16) with 195/55/16 tyre. I will be using the factory fitted Alloys. My preference is Michelin, Continental or Bridgestone.
Depends on where are you located in Mumbai. If in the western Suburbs than try Bombay tyres, they had 195/55/16 size available in both bridgestone and Continentals.

I had enquired when I got my ZX MT in May 2022 but did not go ahead with the swap as i felt that I should use the stock tyres till atleast they wear out and then upgrade.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 14:17   #2372
BHPian

Hello all,

Thank you for your guidance on the tyre upgrade. Took delivery of the car last weekend and upgraded the alloys and tyres to the following on my ZxCVT

Alloys - 16" Lenso Project D
Tyres - 195/55/16 Continental UC 6

There seems to be no compromise in the ride quality with this setup so far (driven inside the city). Will make a separate post on my general observations of the car and the other upgrades done till now.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city.png  

Last edited by krish.sathish : 22nd June 2022 at 14:31.
krish.sathish is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 21:51   #2373
BHPian

I took the test drive of City 5th Gen today. I found the lower back support horribly bad in the driver's seat. The td lasted for hardly 5 kms. Is this how bad the seat is or could it be because of the test drive vehicle?
thiagust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 21:57   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
I took the test drive of City 5th Gen today. I found the lower back support horribly bad in the driver's seat. The td lasted for hardly 5 kms. Is this how bad the seat is or could it be because of the test drive vehicle?
Other than lack of ventilation, the seats are quite comfortable.
Old 23rd June 2022, 01:47   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird71 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm planning to buy a 5th Gen Honda City "V" variant and planning to upgrade the tyres from the stock 15" 185/60 to 16" 195/55. Since tyres are being upsized, I will have to upgrade the alloy wheels as well.
You don't need to change the alloys to fit 195 section tyres. My City has been running on 195/60 R15 on the same alloys for 22000+ km. As you mentioned that you prefer simple designs then why not retain the original alloys. For tyre upgrade go to an authorised tyre dealer of your preferred brand. These days Honda service centres keep Bridgestone and Goodyear only. Regarding warranty, it depends on your service centre. Nobody can claim with surety whether they will honour warranty on related parts or not.

By the way mine crossed a small milestone of 55555km today. I am still going for joyrides everyday. Seems I am crazy.The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img20220622183856.jpg
Learner is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 02:06   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
Depends on what you are used to driving. Also over a certain period, the seat feels perfect. I feel the seat to be absolutely comfortable. I am 5"11
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 05:07   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Depends on what you are used to driving. Also over a certain period, the seat feels perfect. I feel the seat to be absolutely comfortable. I am 5"11
I have been driving a Polo GT TSI since 2013 , have never faced this problem. City is ruled out now anyways as my Wife did not like it. She saw XUV 700 a few days back , that is probably the keybreason
Old 23rd June 2022, 10:50   #2378
BHPian

I have driven Polo GT TSI for almost 6 years before getting the City. For my height(5" 9), the driver seat in City feels far more comfortable than the Polo. I pull seat back almost 80% and recline it a bit. Felt perfect for me.
Old 24th June 2022, 11:20   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learner View Post
By the way mine crossed a small milestone of 55555km today. I am still going for joyrides everyday. Seems I am crazy.
Man! that's a lot of KM for a barely 2 year old petrol car! You should have taken a diesel version. But it is no match for the sweet IVTEC though
TheWall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 14:32   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I have been driving a Polo GT TSI since 2013 , have never faced this problem.
I was driving a Polo for a good 10 years and in this year upgraded to City. I can relate with your TD experience. I was in the same boat w.r.t. the driver seat comfort initially.

The lower back/lumbar support in City can feel a bit uncomfortable at first especially when compared to a Polo. Driving a Polo, we are used to having our backs sucked into the seat which however is an ergonomically bad posture. It takes a few adjustments to find the sweet recline and reach of the seat + steering and once you find it, you just wish to go on driving and driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
I have driven Polo GT TSI for almost 6 years before getting the City. For my height(5" 9), the driver seat in City feels far more comfortable than the Polo. I pull seat back almost 80% and recline it a bit. Felt perfect for me.
I agree. The seat is very comfortable and inspires confidence to munch many more miles before the body says "I am fatigued!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learner View Post
By the way mine crossed a small milestone of 55555km today. I am still going for joyrides everyday. Seems I am crazy.Attachment 2323747
Wow... quite a feat in such a short span of time May you find much more joy in your joyrides till eternity..!
sankdadevil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 22:08   #2381
BHPian

Guys guys!!

I'm happy to inform you that our new Honda City V MT came home just a while ago. My dad will be chauffeur driven in it. Our decade old Vento had some issues so he tried Virtus and Slavia but not impressed with the back seat comfort. He is 6 feet and wanted a sedan with good legroom at the rear.

I am a fanboy of Bolero. Took my mom for a test drive and asked her to convince my dad to go for Bolero, the 'desi' G Wagon of our time. But you should have looked her face and there goes my dream.

So took them for a test drive and dad was impressed with the rear seat comfort and acres of leg space. Our Vento had serious issue with the AC, so he was very particular about the AC and Honda ticked the box for him. Alas, our experience with Volkswagen ASS and cost of maintenance was akin to reading Stephen King's Pet Cemetery. So here we are with our first Honda.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20220624220941_photos.jpg

Thnx for reading *jumping emoji*

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th June 2022 at 07:37. Reason: acers > acres, Virtues > Virtus.
doxinboy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 19:19   #2382
BHPian

Hey Guys,

This is my first post and would like to thank the admins for approving my membership. Absolutely delighted to join the forum I have been reading since I was a kid!

I had booked a Honda City ZX Manual Petrol (Lunar Silver) early this month and my car has been dispatched, SA says it should reach the dealership (in Nagpur) latest by Monday. However he has been insisting to make the payment since "we are almost ready for delivery". I have pushed back politely saying I would like to inspect the vehicle first before I make an RTGS. But since he has been insisting for the past 3-4 days, I'm feeling suspicious about the urgency, anyway I am not asking for a credit and I am going to make the payment in full as soon as I inspect the car, why the hurry?!

I have a few questions (I have made a diligent attempt to scour through the threads to look for answers) -

1) What should I check for in my inspection? Dents, paint scratches and general external condition comes to my mind. Anything particular I should look for?

2) I've read that since June the cost-cutting measures have kicked in and most probably I'll receive a spare wheel in the trunk, no interior chrome handles and no mudflaps. I see many fellow members raising concern over the provision of a spare wheel instead of a full size alloy, is it really that of a concern utility and reliability wise or just a hidden value loss?

3) Honestly, and I may sound naive but I feel like replacing the new interior door handles with Chrome ones, I think the Chrome suits the interior aesthetics better than the black ones. Do you think those are available as spares?

Thanks again!
c@rwate is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 20:28   #2383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by c@rwate View Post
Hey Guys,
he has been insisting to make the payment since "we are almost ready for delivery". I have pushed back politely saying I would like to inspect the vehicle first before I make an RTGS. But since he has been insisting for the past 3-4 days, I'm feeling suspicious about the urgency, anyway I am not asking for a credit and I am going to make the payment in full as soon as I inspect the car, why the hurry?!!
Dude

Congratulations for joining the elite club! My man don't worry, I went through the same rigamarole just this month and I can share my experience here with you brother.

After test drive, told my SA that I will be paying full in cash, but only after I see the car and satisfied with the PDI. He agreed, I paid 10k booking amount. However after couple of days I get a call that my car might be dispatched soon and SA said he can't share the VIN until I pay atleast half the money! Dude what was he smoking. I was pissed and told him to cancel the booking. I raised query on the company's policy with the Honda HQ.

Next day I get call from many people apologising and the manager promised me to share the VIN at the earliest. From then it was a smooth affair. You are not obliged to release the money until you see your car. If the dealership insists, just write a mail to Honda HQ requesting their policy about releasing payment. This mail will be routed to the dealership and tagging the area manager and other folks all along. So the dealership will be caught pants down and will comply.

Good luck to you and keep asking questions here even if you have any slightest doubt!

Congratulations again for your membership

Last edited by doxinboy : 25th June 2022 at 20:33.
doxinboy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 06:40   #2384

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
Other than lack of ventilation, the seats are quite comfortable.
I just completed a 12 hr/730 km (single driver) journey from Trivandrum to Bangalore. Apart from driving fatigue, I didn't feel any discomfort or back pain.
Raskolnikov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 07:35   #2385
BHPian

Hi guys

Just wanted to know if V MT has hill hold function. I have noticed that in an inclination the car rolls back as soon I release the brake. Please enlighten me guys.

Thanks

Last edited by SDP : 27th June 2022 at 14:09. Reason: Break -> brake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks