Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 22:42   #2491
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
True. on the expressway the FE shown is around 18.5 to 18.7, this varies on the traffic on the Lonavala ghat, however as soon as I hit the city traffic it drops to 18.1.

Your highway fuel efficiency is very good.

Regards
Diesel
If I set the speed @ 80-85 range then 17+ is possible on highways. If it is beyond 90+ avg. drops to 16 for me in CVT cruise mode
Old 3rd August 2022, 00:14   #2492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
It was Graphene coating and I got done with underbody coating as well - all in 27.5K
This is from the showroom or outside? Is it suggested for metallic grey ?
Old 3rd August 2022, 07:44   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
This is from the showroom or outside? Is it suggested for metallic grey ?
Not from showroom. I had it done @ Carzspa & it is good for any make, model and colour.
Old 3rd August 2022, 17:13   #2494
BHPian

Quote:
It was Graphene coating and I got done with underbody coating as well - all in 27.5K
I spoke to Carzspa Chennai, they were asking 40K for the basic package and 55K for the full package(Interior, Exterior, Alloys and Glass) with 5 years warranty.

Spoke to another guy, he is using Turtle Wax 10H+ Ceramic Coating, he is asking for 27k, according to him he says only Turtle Wax is has 10H+

Not sure which is correct, can anybody help?

Last edited by Arun_S : 3rd August 2022 at 17:21. Reason: Added Content
Old 4th August 2022, 09:08   #2495
BHPian

I have been driving my City cvt for past several months in peak Delhi traffic in Econ mode and getting a mileage of 10.50 to 11km per L (tankfull to tankfull).
Yesterday MID was showing 11.1 km/l for a trip meter reading of 34km. I disabled Econ mode and made two trips of 10km each in normal mode in the same peak Delhi traffic. At the end MID is showing 11.6 km/l for a trip meter reading of 54km!
So is Econ mode in my car faulty?
Or can it be that mileage in Econ mode can be bettered by normal mode?
For now I will drive the car in normal mode and then give update.
neeraj0272 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 09:37   #2496
BHPian

I too get same-ish mileage with econ on or off.
Old 4th August 2022, 19:31   #2497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
I have been driving my City cvt for past several months in peak Delhi traffic in Econ mode and getting a mileage of 10.50 to 11km per L (tankfull to tankfull).
Yesterday MID was showing 11.1 km/l for a trip meter reading of 34km. I disabled Econ mode and made two trips of 10km each in normal mode in the same peak Delhi traffic. At the end MID is showing 11.6 km/l for a trip meter reading of 54km!
So is Econ mode in my car faulty?
Or can it be that mileage in Econ mode can be bettered by normal mode?
For now I will drive the car in normal mode and then give update.
I to get the same in ECON Mode. From my experience you get more milage & enjoy the ride when the car is in normal mode. In ECON Mode the car runs as if the brakes are partially pressed & held.
Old 4th August 2022, 23:38   #2498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
I spoke to Carzspa Chennai, they were asking 40K for the basic package and 55K for the full package(Interior, Exterior, Alloys and Glass) with 5 years warranty.

Spoke to another guy, he is using Turtle Wax 10H+ Ceramic Coating, he is asking for 27k, according to him he says only Turtle Wax is has 10H+

Not sure which is correct, can anybody help?
It's too steep. Get 10H+ turtle wax which is equally good.

For me it is 3 years warranty with graphene. Warranty is like every year they would give a single layer coating @ Rs. 1K as swirls are bound to come even after ceramic coating but the paint is still protected. A one time chemical treatment will make the swirls go away and refresh the shine/gloss with single layer of ceramic coating.

The key is that paint is protected till we keep on doing the coating time and again. And let me tell you with experience that it is indeed effective. 3 months ago a cycle handle scratched past my right side of the car with a screechy sound while I was waiting at a signal. Thought that it would be a full paint peel off. But to my surprise, it was very light scratch (still visible though ). Though I'm still hurt bcoz of the incident as it is the only scratch I have on my car till date but I am happy that it is not deep and paint is intact thanks to the ceramic coating. PPF is even better, but again paint job is cheaper..lol
sprinter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 11:23   #2499
BHPian

Quote:
It's too steep. Get 10H+ turtle wax which is equally good.

For me it is 3 years warranty with graphene. Warranty is like every year they would give a single layer coating @ Rs. 1K as swirls are bound to come even after ceramic coating but the paint is still protected. A one time chemical treatment will make the swirls go away and refresh the shine/gloss with single layer of ceramic coating.
Hello Sprinter,

Would you recommend Carzspa for their service ? I am confused between them and 3M. I have a 3M center just 5 minutes from my place but their service is not good, I just got the car cleaned from them and had to sit there for 3 hours and they still did not do a decent job. I had to point out areas that they missed. Basically they do not have the attention to detail. hence I am evaluating other options, Carzspa is about 10 kms from my place.

Also, what would you recommend Graphene or ceramic ?

Regards
Diesel
Old 5th August 2022, 20:33   #2500
BHPian

Can anyone here confirm the size of the wiper blades in the 5th gen?
Old 7th August 2022, 11:26   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Hello Sprinter,

Would you recommend Carzspa for their service ? I am confused between them and 3M. I have a 3M center just 5 minutes from my place but their service is not good, I just got the car cleaned from them and had to sit there for 3 hours and they still did not do a decent job. I had to point out areas that they missed. Basically they do not have the attention to detail. hence I am evaluating other options, Carzspa is about 10 kms from my place.

Also, what would you recommend Graphene or ceramic ?

Regards
Diesel
Ceramic 10H and Graphene are equally good. Many videos are on YouTube from experts which you can watch. More important is the reputation of the car detailer. Read the reviews of the car detailer on Google maps or Justdial because unhappy customers vent out service issues on these portals. Find the best car detailer in your city instead of confusing yourself over ceramic or graphene.
Old 14th August 2022, 23:28   #2502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
Hi Everyone,
Planning to book VX CVT, Golden Brown, little concerned about the maintenance involved due to this Colour.

Any feedback from already existing owner's

Thanks
Arun
Hey, congratulations. I've been driving the same color model for the past 4 months. Maintenance is a pain. Even the smallest scratches/swirl marks are visible. If you can live with this then by all means go ahead. In hindsight I now feel that silver would have been a better choice.
Old 18th August 2022, 17:15   #2503
BHPian

There is some rattling noise coming from the roofline near the sunroof. It goes away when I hold it.

Any solution?
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 21:21   #2504
BHPian

Hi All,

My car just returned from 10K Service. SA told me 2Yrs/20K Kms is the next service & the same is printed in the Owners manual, while the Honda connect app says 2yrs/15480. Am confused now.

Thanks,
Old 19th August 2022, 09:34   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
There is some rattling noise coming from the roofline near the sunroof. It goes away when I hold it.

Any solution?
A very common problem. The service center guys will fix it, but it’ll come back. It also goes away on its own. You’ll basically have to live with the noise being there intermittently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
Hi All,

My car just returned from 10K Service. SA told me 2Yrs/20K Kms is the next service & the same is printed in the Owners manual, while the Honda connect app says 2yrs/15480. Am confused now.

Thanks,
This happened to Swarup as well. I believe he sent an email to Honda, or something like that.
nTorq is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks