Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2022, 00:48   #2611
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwar19 View Post
Hi Yash 390, thanks for your reply.

But I would really appreciate for any suggestions or help in terms of increasing the light setup without making the after market setup visible.

Thank you.
Yours is the ZX right ? If yes, then changing anything in the headlight housing is next to impossible as the 9 LEDs are laid in an array. On the other hand, in case of the projector setup of the V and VX, the bulbs can easily be upgraded to higher wattage, or one can also experiment with different projector lenses as per requirements.

Talking of the all LED setup of the ZX, I'm not really sure what can be done to make the performance better so let's see if other members have any suggestions.
Yash390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 08:33   #2612
BHPian

Completely my first 1,000 km round trip and it was a breeze to drive the car. I could notice a huge difference in the highway manners of the car after the tire upgrade. When compared to my previous trip to Mysore on stock tires, it felt more stable at higher speeds, cornered better and the road noise was substantially lesser as well.

Here is a picture of the City, finally outside the city!

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city.png
shibulijack is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 15:51   #2613
BHPian

I have completed 5000km in my city, satisfied with everything it offers for the money but recently started getting squeaky noises from roof liner. Whenever i drive on rough road or speed breaks i here these noises from front side. Not able to localise at one point, tried pressing and holding roof liner on rough road but no use. Service centre guys just warded off it by saying it’s common in city sir. Really i have driven my friends Creta pretty much and it has done 55000kms and no noises at all, roof liner is pretty solid. Problem with me is once i hear it, i cant unhear it now. It destroys peace of mind. Any solutions you guys have found or any suggestions please welcome.
Thanks in advance
Old 15th September 2022, 16:19   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Whenever i drive on rough road or speed breaks i here these noises from front side. Not able to localise at one point, tried pressing and holding roof liner on rough road but no use. Problem with me is once i hear it, i cant unhear it now. It destroys peace of mind. Any solutions you guys have found or any suggestions please welcome.
Thanks in advance
Hi Neurodoc, I've been facing the roof liner creaking problem for quite some time but haven't been able to visit the ASC due to my hectic routine. It does get on my nerves and I absolutely dread going through bad road patches (almost the entirety of my city commute). On a recent outstation trip, I heard a new rattle. My sister who was sitting in the rear left seat pointed that a trim piece had come loose, maybe because of a broken clip. I didn't dare to fiddle with it myself as it is a hard plastic and didn't want to damage the clips further. Here's what I'm talking about

Although I love the car in all other aspects, build quality is an area where the car clearly lacks. Although it may have that signature Honda bulletproof mechanical reliability, it just doesn't feel built-to-last when it comes to the interiors.

Cheers !
Yash390 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 17:24   #2615
BHPian

Quote:
I have completed 5000km in my city, satisfied with everything it offers for the money but recently started getting squeaky noises from roof liner.
I have the same issue. I can't pin point exactly but seems left side just below the sunroof. In my case noise is not constant. At times it rattles on smooth roads and nothing on bad roads.
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 00:21   #2616

Hello,
After couple of months of looking around, I have booked VX CVT model today. Colour is yet to be decided between pearl white and metallic grey. If grey, I may get delivery in 2 weeks. Will go to showroom and finalize in couple of days.

Short story shorter, after taking Honda city test drive first, all other cars were rejected by my wife though she did accompany me to Tata, Maruthi, Hyundai showrooms for pity sake. There was some confusion when it came between Verna and city. Replies I got from forum on city vs Verna thread was enough to book city.

Dealer is capital Honda and has promised 5-7k discounts on insurance so far. I will be checking insurance outside as well and decide. Not going with basic kit but may go with utility package.

Will be grateful if I can get info on following especially from folks in Chennai

1. Any shop recommendations for door damping and under body coating? Online I could see it is being offered by 3M. Any personal experience on this will be helpful.
2. Recommended Tyre shop for upgrade in and around airport location

Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 13:16   #2617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwajlearn View Post
Hello,
After couple of months of looking around, I have booked VX CVT model today. Colour is yet to be decided between pearl white and metallic grey. If grey, I may get delivery in 2 weeks. Will go to showroom and finalize in couple of days.

Short story shorter, after taking Honda city test drive first, all other cars were rejected by my wife though she did accompany me to Tata, Maruthi, Hyundai showrooms for pity sake. There was some confusion when it came between Verna and city. Replies I got from forum on city vs Verna thread was enough to book city.

Dealer is capital Honda and has promised 5-7k discounts on insurance so far. I will be checking insurance outside as well and decide. Not going with basic kit but may go with utility package.

Will be grateful if I can get info on following especially from folks in Chennai

1. Any shop recommendations for door damping and under body coating? Online I could see it is being offered by 3M. Any personal experience on this will be helpful.
2. Recommended Tyre shop for upgrade in and around airport location

Thanks
Hi, I was in same boat few months back. I had booked pearl white initially and changed my mind to meteoroid grey. I feel white is easy to maintain colour, grey is real pain to maintain without scratches and swirl marks. Post purchase of car I explored options of PPF and ceramic coating but felt its not worth to spend 90k to 95k on PPF for daily beater car of mine.

Immediately post delivery got my tyres changed to Michiline primacy 4ST. Tyre shop guy charged me 3500 Rs per tyre for exchange plus complementary wheel balancing. Overall tyre change was good decision.

After first service i got done 3M underbody coating plus silencer anti rust coating. Costed around 4500Rs and took around 1 hour to finish the job. There is some reduction (very negligible) in road noise post coating.

Door damping in 3M costs around 6500 Rs. they showed me one metal sheet 2x6 inch which will be pasted on metal surface of door inside and foam will placed in between door panels. I was not comfortable with placing the foam as it may get soaked with water and also risk of fire hazard. Postponed door damping for future as of now.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th September 2022 at 18:47. Reason: Spacing foe better readability
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 20:57   #2618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
Hi Neurodoc, I've been facing the roof liner creaking problem for quite some time but haven't been able to visit the ASC due to my hectic routine. It does get on my nerves and I absolutely dread going through bad road patches (almost the entirety of my city commute). On a recent outstation trip, I heard a new rattle. My sister who was sitting in the rear left seat pointed that a trim piece had come loose, maybe because of a broken clip. I didn't dare to fiddle with it myself as it is a hard plastic and didn't want to damage the clips further. Here's what I'm talking about

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=x7iua8_kuMI?feature=share

Although I love the car in all other aspects, build quality is an area where the car clearly lacks. Although it may have that signature Honda bulletproof mechanical reliability, it just doesn't feel built-to-last when it comes to the interiors.

Cheers !
Today i was able to find a perfect road and demonstrate roof squeaking sound. Its very irritating to drive on rough roads.
Here is link of my video on YouTube

Old 16th September 2022, 23:23   #2619
BHPian

Quote:
Immediately post delivery got my tyres changed to Michiline primacy 4ST. Tyre shop
guy charged me 3500 Rs per tyre for exchange plus complementary wheel balancing. Overall tyre change was good decision.
Hi Doc, did you go for 205/55/R16 or some other size ?

Quote:
Today i was able to find a perfect road and demonstrate roof squeaking sound. Its very irritating to drive on rough roads.
My creaking sound is nowhere near to what you have recorded, your issue seems to be much more serious. You should pressure your ASC to fix it. It does not matter if it is a common issue in our model. This lackadaisical attitude irks me to the core and instances like these leave a negative impression on an otherwise reputed company's customer service. Our duty is to convey our problems to the ASC and their job is to fix it, plain and simple.

Do keep us updated on the issue, drive safe !
Yash390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 02:07   #2620
BHPian

Quote:
Here is link of my video on YouTube

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=a3rxuyikml0?feature=share
Escalate this issue to their manager and they will find the correct way to resolve this. As far as my experience goes with this car, please check
1. Wiper mechanism
2. Bonnet alignement (rubber at the sides)

Last edited by Learner : 17th September 2022 at 02:11.
Learner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 10:52   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
Hi Doc, did you go for 205/55/R16 or some other size ?

My creaking sound is nowhere near to what you have recorded, your issue seems to be much more serious. You should pressure your ASC to fix it. It does not matter if it is a common issue in our model. This lackadaisical attitude irks me to the core and instances like these leave a negative impression on an otherwise reputed company's customer service. Our duty is to convey our problems to the ASC and their job is to fix it, plain and simple.

Do keep us updated on the issue, drive safe !
Hi Yash thanks for suggestion, i will go ASC again on Monday. Not able to locate source of sound my self, will show them video and see what they can do
Regarding tyre upgrade i have put 195/55/r16, felt 205 is too much for my liking.
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 11:35   #2622
BHPian

So today I went for the PDI of my 5th Gen Honda City ZX MT. Delivery is supposed to be on the 27th of September, during Navratri.

Apart from minor cleaning issues that I highlighted to the SA, the other items from TeamBHP's PDI checklist went fine. Attaching some photos of the exterior.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220917_105112.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220917_105103.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220917_105055.jpg

Below are the minor cleaning issues I highlighted, sharing here for reference of other members to check when they take their pieces. Hope this is of help to someone!

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220917_104721.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220917_103921.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220917_103913.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220917_104005.jpg

Lastly, they're giving the Bridgestone Ecopia 185/55/R16 tyres, which I plan to keep till the end of their life, and upgrade a few years down the line.
LordSpymaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 18:22   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
So today I went for the PDI of my 5th Gen Honda City ZX MT. Delivery is supposed to be on the 27th of September, during Navratri.
Lastly, they're giving the Bridgestone Ecopia 185/55/R16 tyres, which I plan to keep till the end of their life, and upgrade a few years down the line.
Hi Spymaster, a huge congratulations on your purchase !
May I know why you didn't go for the CVT ? This is my family's first automatic car and the convenience it offers is just unmatched, given the ever worsening state of traffic in our cities. The ₹1.5L premium for the CVT is totally worth it.

Coming to the tyres, the stock Ecopia is pathetic. High road noise and low grip levels. The car anyway doesn't score high on NVH so a tyre upgrade should be the first on an owners upgrade list.

Enjoy your new car, it is a beauty !
Old 17th September 2022, 19:10   #2624
BHPian

Any idea which TPMS should be installed in honda city as the one in it doesn't give the exact pressure in each tyre? It just gives an alarm without specifying anything..
Old 17th September 2022, 19:14   #2625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Any idea which TPMS should be installed in honda city as the one in it doesn't give the exact pressure in each tyre? It just gives an alarm without specifying anything..
IMHO there is no need to install any new TPMS in 5th Gen City. There is not much point in this. Rather buy a Michelin Tyre pressure gauge. The OEM TPMS is good enough. If you get any warnings on the MID, then you can check to identify the tyre with lower pressure and fix. If you buy the Michelin Tyre inflator as well, it will be really helpful. The combination of the Michelin Tyre inflator and gauge is better investment than any another TPMS.
Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed