Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2022, 20:27   #2626
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
May I know why you didn't go for the CVT ? This is my family's first automatic car and the convenience it offers is just unmatched, given the ever worsening state of traffic in our cities. The ₹1.5L premium for the CVT is totally worth it.
Thanks!

I'm not much of an automatic driver and this being my 1st car, I want to feel the drive. My future cars may be autos most probably, but not this one.
LordSpymaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 21:15   #2627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
The OEM TPMS is good enough. If you get any warnings on the MID, then you can check to identify the tyre with lower pressure and fix.
I have noticed several times that even when a tyre's pressure pressure has dropped by 5psi, no warning has been displayed on the MID. I don't think I can trust it, which is the whole point of TPMS. I check tyres regularly and recalibrate the deflation warning system so it is not that much of an issue. But would I completely rely on it ? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
Thanks!

I'm not much of an automatic driver and this being my 1st car, I want to feel the drive. My future cars may be autos most probably, but not this one.
Ahha, fair enough. Enjoy your car !
Old 17th September 2022, 22:19   #2628
BHPian

Quote:
I have noticed several times that even when a tyre's pressure pressure has dropped by 5psi, no warning has been displayed on the MID.
It is not a full-fledged TPMS in that regard.

''Instead of directly measuring the pressure in each tyre, the Deflation Warning System (DWS) on this vehicle monitors and compares the rolling radius and rotational characteristics of each wheel and tyre while you are driving. This will determine if one or more tyres are significantly under inflated.''

It is better to check the tyre pressures regularly, keep a tyre inflator in your boot for long trips. They're cheaper than installing third party TPMS.
cule1899_bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 22:31   #2629
BHPian

Quote:
I check tyres regularly and recalibrate the deflation warning system so it is not that much of an issue. But would I completely rely on it ? No.
Please check with ASC on this. I've never encountered this disparity. Warnings usually happen when there are 3 or more psi difference.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 08:20   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwajlearn View Post
Hello,
Dealer is capital Honda and has promised 5-7k discounts on insurance so far. I will be checking insurance outside as well and decide. Not going with basic kit but may go with utility package.

Will be grateful if I can get info on following especially from folks in Chennai

1. Any shop recommendations for door damping and under body coating? Online I could see it is being offered by 3M. Any personal experience on this will be helpful.
2. Recommended Tyre shop for upgrade in and around airport location

Thanks
I am also from Chennai, I have booked a Golden Brown City V CVT with Olympia Honda. Delivery by end of this month. My SA is pretty flexible guy, he didn't push me to get insurance from them. He has also promised me to fix the Dashcam.

I am planning to do a Ceramic Coating, enquired couple of places, might go with Car Sense, they are offering it at 27k for 10H+ by Turtle Wax. They don't do Graphene.

For the tires, I have spoken with Veera Tires it is in Pallavaram- Thoripakkam Radial Road. They don't have Michelin's so would be going with Conti. Still not decided whether to upgrade to 195 or 205.

Seats Covers I am putting with the dealer itself.

Can you let me know what the utility package means?
Old 18th September 2022, 19:42   #2631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
I am also from Chennai, I have booked a Golden Brown City V CVT with Olympia Honda. Delivery by end of this month. My SA is pretty flexible guy, he didn't push me to get insurance from them. He has also promised me to fix the Dashcam.

I am planning to do a Ceramic Coating, enquired couple of places, might go with Car Sense, they are offering it at 27k for 10H+ by Turtle Wax. They don't do Graphene.

For the tires, I have spoken with Veera Tires it is in Pallavaram- Thoripakkam Radial Road. They don't have Michelin's so would be going with Conti. Still not decided whether to upgrade to 195 or 205.

Seats Covers I am putting with the dealer itself.

Can you let me know what the utility package means?
Congrats on your booking !

I have also booked golden brown VX CVT yesterday. Went for grey initially but the shade has changed recently. It is more lighter and appears slightly bluish.

I went with their insurance itself..got some 9K discount on that and since my wife will be main driver, I want the process to be easier atleast for first year.

I am not planning to go with ceramic coating or covers.

I am aware of Veera tyres as I changed tyres for my current car with them. Will check with them. How much value for exchange are you getting?

Utility package is basically front, back bumper protectors and door side protectors..comes to 10k odd..

Can you tell me what model dashcam are you planning to install? Is it hard wiring or plug and play?
Old 19th September 2022, 09:06   #2632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwajlearn View Post
Congrats on your booking !

I am not planning to go with ceramic coating or covers.

I am aware of Veera tyres as I changed tyres for my current car with them. Will check with them. How much value for exchange are you getting?

Can you tell me what model dashcam are you planning to install? Is it hard wiring or plug and play?
In the forum it was suggested for GB to go for ceramic coating as it is a dark color, scratches will be visible a lot.

With respect to tires, they have asked me to come and show the default tire so that they can decide on the exchange price.

Dashcam, it is Viofo A129 Duo Plus. Didn't go for the 4k one as some concerns regarding overheating was raised.
Arun_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 19:00   #2633

Quote:
I have noticed several times that even when a tyre's pressure pressure has dropped by 5psi, no warning has been displayed on the MID. I don't think I can trust it, which is the whole point of TPMS. I check tyres regularly and recalibrate the deflation warning system so it is not that much of an issue. But would I completely rely on it ? No.

Ahha, fair enough. Enjoy your car !
Yeah I support this. We cannot exactly rely on it. For me the Deflation warning message popped up a while ago and never left. I recalibrated the pressure personally several times but the warning doesn't go away. Second service is due next month, hopefully I can comment better on the issue once done.
venkat07_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 08:27   #2634
BHPian

Hi All,
I would be taking the delivery of City CVT Shortly. Can the members share their inputs on what are the accessories is must needed and what all is must needed accessories to be taken with the dealer.

Following are there in my mind
PVC Flooring plus Noodle Mats
Seat Covers
Dashcam

Recently came across another Bhpian taking Utility package were there are giving front, back bumper protectors and door side protectors from Dealer.

My SA has been pretty flexible, he was kind enough to say, don't get basic accessories package what we give, get it from outside.

The only thing i would be doing at the dealer would be seat covers, as I don't want to mess up the airbag functioning.

Thanks,
Arun
Old 20th September 2022, 09:31   #2635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
Following are there in my mind
PVC Flooring plus Noodle Mats
Seat Covers
Dashcam

Thanks,
Arun
I would suggest get only the dashcam. PVC flooring will make the floor slippery and might be a fire hazzard. Get the seat covers once the original seat starts getting damaged. Why keep a company fresh seat for the second owner to enjoy? Keep a leather/fabric cleaner and a Microfiber towel in trunk instead.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 11:11   #2636
BHPian

One year over

One year of ownership and third free-service over with odo now at 10K+ kms. Cost was Rs.2,637 plus Rs.779 for the optional wheel-alignment. Tyres were rotated(but not balanced).

My usage is more than 90% on highways. FE was 14.4 kmpl for the whole year.

I am enjoying the drives! Most of the time I set the cruise-control at about 90 kmph and just relax.

Zero complaints so far. I am addicted to the growl of the engine when I switch to S-mode for overtaking/accelerating!

Some pictures of my beauty:
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-dsc_1600.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-dsc_1617.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-dsc_1657.jpg  

manim is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 17:47   #2637
BHPian

Is anyone aware of how long the autofurnish delivery and order fulfilment will take? I had placed an order for 7D mats for my upcoming ZX MT on 19th, but it hasn't been dispatched yet.
Old 23rd September 2022, 17:57   #2638
Senior - BHPian

Re: One year over

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
My usage is more than 90% on highways. FE was 14.4 kmpl for the whole year.
Always nice to see your updates Manim. Is 14.4 kmpl the overall average? What was your best figure?

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 23rd September 2022 at 18:22.
Old 23rd September 2022, 22:11   #2639

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
Is anyone aware of how long the autofurnish delivery and order fulfilment will take? I had placed an order for 7D mats for my upcoming ZX MT on 19th, but it hasn't been dispatched yet.
I had placed an order on the Aug 18th 2022 for the 7D mats with Autofurnish, it was dispatched on the Aug 22nd and i received it on Aug 29th. Delivery of the car was on 31st Aug so it was ok. Overall it took around 10 days. Please note the shipment was from Delhi to Trivandrum. Location closer to Delhi should probably receive faster.
Old 24th September 2022, 11:47   #2640
BHPian

Re: One year over

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Is 14.4 kmpl the overall average? What was your best figure?
14.4 kmpl FE was the average for the whole year for around 10,000 kms, calculated with actual litres consumed.

The best I saw on the meter was 19.9 kmpl over 416 kms, but it could be a bit less in reality though (see attached photo).

I am fortunate to do a lot of highway drives (lucky me!). Also the traffic down south is very sparse on 4-lane-highways, so cruise-control can be used most of the time.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220414_19_9.jpg  

manim is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed