Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2022, 19:09   #2656
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Update on squeaking sound
They removed it and applied 3M double tape and squeaking sound has vanished completely. Attached few pics, not able to upload video
Aha ! As BHPian Learner suggested, the wiper area was the culprit. Some people may overlook such things but I cannot stand rattles and squeaks at all. Being observant can be annoying at times.

Wish you a smooth peaceful drive
Yash390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 00:26   #2657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan10 View Post

Coming to my question, finally. The front seats are practically drenched in coffee and tonic. What's the least painful way to getting them cleaned? I want to spend as little time and mental bandwidth as possible on this.

FYI, I have V CVT, so the seats are fabric.
Hi Karan, you could try using any of the several interior cleaning liquids/sprays available online and in accessories stores. If you really want to ensure top notch workmanship and peace of mind, better to head to a professional car detailer and they will fix it, no headaches for you.

A cleaning guide by the legend himself

Hope this helps. Do share the before and after photos of the affected area.
Yash390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 15:20   #2658

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
Had to end up getting this cancelled since they haven't dispatched it for the last 2 weeks now. And even till date I was being given standard replies instead of a concrete timeline.

What other good 7D mat options are there online?
Same here. Booked 19th and yet to get any updates. Customer care unreachable so far.

I am yet to cancel though before finalizing on an alternative. Coozo mats are also being used by few bhpians and review on that will be helpful. My understanding was the fit is not as perfect as autofurnish ones.
bwajlearn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 20:54   #2659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwajlearn View Post
Coozo mats are also being used by few bhpians and review on that will be helpful. My understanding was the fit is not as perfect as autofurnish ones.
I am using Coozo mats. If I remember right, I bought it for 3600 a year back. The quality is very good, but only issue is that the rear floor edges are not snug fit. There is 2 to 3 inch on either side from door that the mat won't cover. Sand and dust accumulates there. Only because of that, I won't recommend it.
sreerknair is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 08:07   #2660
BHPian

I honestly don't mind buying the autofurnish ones again, which is why I'm trying to find the piece on Amazon. At least the delivery will be on time.

Otherwise, plan to check out Coozo mats as well. And i might try offline stores here in Gurgaon too.
Old 2nd October 2022, 08:38   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
I honestly don't mind buying the autofurnish ones again, which is why I'm trying to find the piece on Amazon. At least the delivery will be on time.

Otherwise, plan to check out Coozo mats as well. And i might try offline stores here in Gurgaon too.
Hi, autofurnish mats are worth waiting. I had placed order on 21st July and they shipped order on only on 1st August and delivered on 6th August. I spoke to there customer care in between and shot mail and they told its custom made so they make mats only on order.
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 16:37   #2662

Hi Folks,

I have a 5 month old 5th gen zx cvt with over 7.1K kms on the odometer. Yesterday during a drive through a ghat section, the MID displayed this error message twice while changing driving modes "Drive mode unchangeable". Wanted to check if anyone here has any experience with this?

Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 17:43   #2663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Hi, autofurnish mats are worth waiting. I had placed order on 21st July and they shipped order on only on 1st August and delivered on 6th August. I spoke to there customer care in between and shot mail and they told its custom made so they make mats only on order.
Hmm, they didn't tell me anything like this tbh. And my issue was that they lied as well. (I was asking for a dispatch ETA, and they said it is dispatched but refused to share the tracking ID. Later they agreed to cancel which would be strange if the product was actually in transit.)
Old 2nd October 2022, 18:17   #2664
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm, they didn't tell me anything like this tbh. And my issue was that they lied as well. (I was asking for a dispatch ETA, and they said it is dispatched but refused to share the tracking ID. Later they agreed to cancel which would be strange if the product was actually in transit.)
This is amazon link for autofurnish mats, it says dispatched in 2-3 days and price is lesser compared to autofurnish site
AutoFurnish 7D LUXURY Car Foot Mat - Honda City (2020) | 24mm | 7-Layer Protection | Double-Diamond Cut Stitching | Luxury PU Leather | Extra Thick Heel Pad | Full Coverage | Anti-Skid | Stylish Car Accessories Interior (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/d6yu7Ve
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 15:55   #2665
BHPian

Question to the folks with ZX variant

Did you get anything done on the seats ?, I would like to keep the car long and would love to maintain the original look as much as possible. Anything that would keep the normal wear and tear to the minimum ?
Are the leather ceramic coatings of any use ?

Last edited by ashish_sax : 4th October 2022 at 15:56.
Old 4th October 2022, 18:31   #2666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_sax View Post

Did you get anything done on the seats ?, I would like to keep the car long and would love to maintain the original look as much as possible. Anything that would keep the normal wear and tear to the minimum ?
ZX has seat airbags so i would not recommend any covers for the seats. The Honda dealers try to sell a cover which is airbag compatible but I am not too sure of how it impacts the airbags.

This is the first time I am hearing about ceramic coating for leather seats ...
Dieseltuned is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 20:52   #2667
BHPian

Quote:

I don't plan to do anything to the seats, since I feel that the seats don't need to be preserved for the next owner.
LordSpymaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 22:57   #2668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Leather has a tendency to pick up small tears and creases for which nothing much can be done except to replace it / impacted portion when it looks very bad.
That being said, routine cleaning and conditioning helps extend the life that much more and keeps it looking fresh and soft.

All our cars at home have leather : we get them routinely steamed and cleaned during detailing sessions.
Old 5th October 2022, 21:54   #2669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
Yesterday during a drive through a ghat section, the MID displayed this error message twice while changing driving modes "Drive mode unchangeable". Wanted to check if anyone here has any experience with this?

Thanks
Sorry for not understanding your situation. Did the warning flash when switching from
1. normal to ECON OR
2. D to S ? (or vice versa)

I got this warning once when changing from normal to ECON (while the accelerator was pressed) and it never happened again. I never drive in ECON so it didn't really bother me. If it keeps coming up, better to contact the ASC.

Do keep us updated with the issue.
Yash390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 22:46   #2670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
Sorry for not understanding your situation. Did the warning flash when switching from
1. normal to ECON OR
2. D to S ? (or vice versa)

I got this warning once when changing from normal to ECON (while the accelerator was pressed) and it never happened again. I never drive in ECON so it didn't really bother me. If it keeps coming up, better to contact the ASC.

Do keep us updated with the issue.
Hi Yash, it occurred during D to D (econ) transition. Happened once again yesterday during a hairpin turn. My hypothesis is that it has something to do with ESP. But will highlight during my visit to the ASC. Will update the thread.
Thanks
Raskolnikov is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed