Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2022, 08:53   #2701
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
Any thoughts from VX CVT owners as to why you had decided on that variant, as opposed to ZX MT?
Your question boils down to whether to go for a manual or an automatic. If you plan to keep the car for 5 years plus, please keep in mind that we too age and with that our left leg too. CVT might not give you the thrill of free rev, but what it ensures is the peace of mind in traffic and a relaxed driving overall. In short test drives, it is really hard to appreciate the daily practical benefits of an automatic. So take a long test drive and decide. I would go for VX CVT in this case.
sreerknair is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 09:07   #2702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
I would go for VX CVT in this case.
+1
VX CVT if the budget is fixed or ZX CVT if budget can be extended.
I have V MT (because my usage is limited and budget was fixed). I sometimes feel like I should have gone for ZX CVT

Last edited by Latheesh : 13th October 2022 at 09:21.
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 12:11   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I sometimes feel like I should have gone for ZX CVT
I feel only seats are worth in ZX CVT, otherwise VX CVT is VFM. Lane watch camera is useful but can do without it, sunroof cant be used in summer or rainy season. I own ZX and feel would have saved money and took VX. Though headlights look good in ZX but throw of light is not that great. CVT is boon in city traffic, if car is used primarily in city and occasional high way runs CVT is better choice.
Neurodoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 15:47   #2704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
I feel only seats are worth in ZX CVT, otherwise VX CVT is VFM. Lane watch camera is useful but can do without it, sunroof cant be used in summer or rainy season. I own ZX and feel would have saved money and took VX. Though headlights look good in ZX but throw of light is not that great. CVT is boon in city traffic, if car is used primarily in city and occasional high way runs CVT is better choice.
Agree, but if you have a budget, there are many other useful/feel good features in ZX for a premium of ~ 1L. Isn't it?

V/VX interior is a pain to maintain and airbag compatible seat covers do not look good.
Attached Images

Latheesh is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 16:50   #2705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Agree, but if you have a budget, there are many other useful/feel good features in ZX for a premium of ~ 1L. Isn't it?

V/VX interior is a pain to maintain and airbag compatible seat covers do not look good.
Now that you have posted differences, i feel its worth upgrade if budget is not a problem. One more thing about fog lamps, are they of any use? if switched on alone they are worst than cell phone flash lights
Old 13th October 2022, 22:37   #2706
BHPian

I have a ZX MT and the items that make this a worth are
1. Leather seats. Supremely comfortable.
2. Soft pad Interiors
3. Lane watch camera. Trust me this is one useful addition in our part of the world ruled by erroneous bikers and auto rickshaws.
4. Auto LED lights. They look classy. Though they might seem inadequate in really adverse downpours.but that is one in a year use case so I am fine with it.
5. Rear sun shade,again a very useful addition in keeping the cabin cool in hot weather conditions. And lastly
6. The LED reading lights,they look pretty cool.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 10:36   #2707
BHPian

I too have a ZX MT and feel Leather seats are comfortable and look premium, Lane watch camera is useful. Aesthetically LED headlights and reading lights look great.
If one is mainly into city commute, I can imagine how convenient CVT would be though.
c@rwate is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 16:02   #2708
BHPian

Hi all Petrol CVT owners I have a query, I am getting persistent 8.2-8.5 kmpl average in city drive. I drive mostly 15-20 km per day in city and very rare highway drives now a days because of busy schedule. My driving style is not too aggressive, i was expecting 11-12 kmpl but not able to cross 8.5 kmpl despite light pedal drive. I tried both eco mode and normal mode no difference, car has run 5k km and completed second service. Any advice to improve mileage..
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 16:58   #2709
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all Petrol CVT owners I have a query, I am getting persistent 8.2-8.5 kmpl average in city drive. Any advice to improve mileage ?
Hi Doc, how is the traffic condition in your city ? I'm yet to see a number lower than 9.5kmpl even after being stuck in infamous Delhi NCR chock-a-block traffic (where I covered 32kms in more than 2.5hrs)

Slow moving stop-and-go traffic and long periods of idling affect FE considerably but it should not be to this extent. Whereas whenever I'm in Noida (mostly excellent roads and low traffic), I achieve 15-16kmpl inside the city itself.

Have you tried using fuel from different bunks ? I always use XP95 from my trusted bunk and my FE numbers are more or less consistent. If you have, then it must be a different issue. Hope you get a resolution soon.
Yash390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 17:09   #2710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
Hi Doc, how is the traffic condition in your city ? I'm yet to see a number lower than 9.5kmpl even after being stuck in infamous Delhi NCR chock-a-block traffic (where I covered 32kms in more than 2.5hrs)

Slow moving stop-and-go traffic and long periods of idling affect FE considerably but it should not be to this extent. Whereas whenever I'm in Noida (mostly excellent roads and low traffic), I achieve 15-16kmpl inside the city itself.

Have you tried using fuel from different bunks ? I always use XP95 from my trusted bunk and my FE numbers are more or less consistent. If you have, then it must be a different issue. Hope you get a resolution soon.
Hi Yash, traffic in my city is not that bad, i can drive between 20-30 kmph speeds with occasional blocks for few seconds.

I have tried HP and Indian oil petrol bunks but mileage remains same. Have not tried XP95, will try next refill. High way mileage of car is very good, sometimes I achieve 23-24 kmpl on ideal conditions. I am not able to understand the problem as 8.3 kmpl is too low for my driving style. My swift petrol manual used to give 16-18 kmpl in Bengaluru and I10 used to give 15-16 kmpl.
Old 15th October 2022, 18:49   #2711

Quote:
Hi all Petrol CVT owners I have a query, I am getting persistent 8.2-8.5 kmpl average in city drive. I drive mostly 15-20 km per day in city and very rare highway drives now a days because of busy schedule. My driving style is not too aggressive, i was expecting 11-12 kmpl but not able to cross 8.5 kmpl despite light pedal drive. I tried both eco mode and normal mode no difference, car has run 5k km and completed second service. Any advice to improve mileage..
Hi Neurodoc, I have the 2020 CVT City. My daily drive is around 25kms per day in Chennai city with few highway drives. I am also getting about 8-10kmpl in the city drives due to very heavy traffic. At times, it takes me an hour to cover just 4kms!
This is purely in the normal mode as I had tried out the Eco mode and it really did not make a difference.

For the occasional highway drives, I have seen an average of 15.5kmpl with 4 adults and boot-full luggage. This is without using the cruise control and I have an aggressive driving style.

We had the '09 SAT City earlier and have gotten used to the mileage figures

So I don't really think there's much to do with these single digit figures if the car is being purely used in the city traffic.
the_autopsyche is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 02:01   #2712
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
My average for last 14000 KM is 14.4 KMPL (B trip is not changed since my first service) with 70% State highway drive with my CVT engine. I prefer not to rev my engines too much by using paddle upshifts. I have rarely gone above 3K rpm during acceleration. Now State highways are crowded and braking is frequent but still the avg. speed that I get is 32-35 KMPH. If the avg. Speed is below 15 KMPH then any non hybrid car will give very poor mileage.
Keep upshifting frequently as the car has good power even at higher gear ratios.
sprinter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 09:25   #2713

Hi everyone, This is my very first post on Team BHP. I desperately need some advice from the BHPians. Quick Background - I am planning to buy my first car and have zeroed in on Honda City VCVT option (after going through a lot of research on Team BHP). Recently I went to two Honda dealerships in Bangalore (Hosur Road and Magnum Honda- Kanakpura Road) and took the test drive. I liked the test drive but when It came to closing the deal and booking the car - I felt the dealership was very rigid.

Below are some points on which i would want some advice since this is my first experience.

1. Currently Honda is not offering any discount on Automatic Variants. On pushing them hard both dealers offered a cash discount of Rs 5K
2. The total Insurance cost (comprehensive + Zero Dep + RSA) is coming to Rs 53537 - As per what i have read on Team BHP if i have to go through with Tata AIG it would cost me something around Rs 35K. (I could not validate this myself as TAta AIG site needs vehicle registration no even to provide a quote - not sure if i am missing something here)
3. There are some costs like Logistics & Handling (Rs 5310) and Registration/Smart card Fee (Rs2500) which i don't know if this is a regular charges applicable
4. I also wanted to buy some accessories like Cover and Under body coating - They have simply said no discount available here
5. The 4th and 5th year extended warranty costs Rs 14K - Again no discount here

While i understand i cannot get a deal on everything but really want to understand whether the current market (with semi-conductor shortage etc) has resulted in dealers being so rigid - I would probably expect this to be the case with Brezza and Baleno's of the world but not Honda City (considering the units sold per month).

Looking forward to your thoughts
Attached Images

Old 16th October 2022, 10:12   #2714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiranraj Govind View Post

Below are some points on which i would want some advice since this is my first experience.

1. Currently Honda is not offering any discount on Automatic Variants. On pushing them hard both dealers offered a cash discount of Rs 5K
2. The total Insurance cost (comprehensive + Zero Dep + RSA) is coming to Rs 53537 - As per what i have read on Team BHP if i have to go through with Tata AIG it would cost me something around Rs 35K. (I could not validate this myself as TAta AIG site needs vehicle registration no even to provide a quote - not sure if i am missing something here)
3. There are some costs like Logistics & Handling (Rs 5310) and Registration/Smart card Fee (Rs2500) which i don't know if this is a regular charges applicable
4. I also wanted to buy some accessories like Cover and Under body coating - They have simply said no discount available here

1. Dealer seems to be correct. They just pass on the discounts Honda offers every month. You can see them here. If you have a car to exchange, you can get another 25K as offer.

2. Insurance through dealer is always costlier compared to you buying it directly. Only advantage going through dealer is you can avail cashless claim if any mishaps happen. Most dealers will object to cashless even if the Insurance provider has cashless tie up with them unless the insurance is bought via the dealer. But if you are willing to make noise and good at pushing them, then at last they will agree for cashless as long as the insurance has a tie up with them. So whether to buy the insurance through dealer or directly boils down to your appetite to deal with a cashless claim scenario later or paying a higher premium now to avoid the haggling at a later point in time. A year back I paid approx. 48K through dealer for HDFC ergo for ZX CVT. Your quote is on a higher side. Ask them which insurance provider and then get a quote directly from their website and using that ask the dealer to reduce the premium. They can't match it though. You can also check the quote through SMC Assure website, which is the broker and portal the dealer too use to issue Honda Assure Insurance.

By the way, I would suggest you add Engine Protect too to the cover and get a RSA cover. Honda dealer will charge 1840 for a year for RSA through Allianz. The quote given to you is very high for RSA. Check with dealer if it is for a year or 4 years. For 4 years, the amount quoted is correct, but for 1 year, it is a ripoff.

3. Both are unnecessary. They may charge 500 for fasttag, and some registration charge. In my case I paid some 1300 for both.

4. Get the car cover from outside. If you are not parking on streets or use the car frequently, it is not required in my opinion. All it will do is, scratch the car more. You can get underbody coating from 3M. Will cost you 3.5K to 4K. Recommend to do this because of the open wheel arches.

5. Looks reasonable and you won't get discounts.

Also don't take that basic accessories kit. You can get better quality accessories for half the price from Amazon.

Last edited by sreerknair : 16th October 2022 at 10:17.
sreerknair is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 17:15   #2715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiranraj Govind View Post
Hi everyone, This is my very first post on Team BHP. I desperately need some advice from the BHPians. Quick Background - I am planning to buy my first car and have zeroed in on Honda City VCVT option (after going through a lot of research on Team BHP). Recently I went to two Honda dealerships in Bangalore (Hosur Road and Magnum Honda- Kanakpura Road) and took the test drive. I liked the test drive but when It came to closing the deal and booking the car - I felt the dealership was very rigid.

While i understand i cannot get a deal on everything but really want to understand whether the current market (with semi-conductor shortage etc) has resulted in dealers being so rigid - I would probably expect this to be the case with Brezza and Baleno's of the world but not Honda City (considering the units sold per month).

Hi Kiranraj, I bought my car from white field honda and they offered me better deal compared to magnum honda.
They matched insurance quote to ACKO, i paid 43k for zx cvt including return to invoice plus key replacement.
They gave 7K corporate discount and got off around 50% on utility package plus trunk mat(it came cheaper than Amazon with 50%).
RSA is for 4 years which is around 4800 for me and fast tag 600rs and hypothecation 1500rs.
I don’t know what is that handling charges, I didn’t pay anything like that.
Hope this helps you

Most Viewed