Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2022, 18:58   #2716

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Hi Kiranraj, I bought my car from white field honda and they offered me better deal compared to magnum honda.
They matched insurance quote to ACKO, i paid 43k for zx cvt including return to invoice plus key replacement.
They gave 7K corporate discount and got off around 50% on utility package plus trunk mat(it came cheaper than Amazon with 50%).
RSA is for 4 years which is around 4800 for me and fast tag 600rs and hypothecation 1500rs.
I don’t know what is that handling charges, I didn’t pay anything like that.
Hope this helps you
Thanks so much for this! I happened to speak to them again today now they are ready to reduce 7K on insurance. I checked on ACKO for VCVT option the insurance cost shown in fairly low even with all the adds - it is around 25K. Not sure if I am making a mistake here.
Old 16th October 2022, 20:35   #2717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiranraj Govind View Post
Not sure if I am making a mistake here.
You are correct as ZX CVT ACKO quote was 29k and same thing I mailed to Whitefield honda and my SA, they brought honda assure down to 33k and later on added return to invoice & key replacement cover. You can bargain showing them ACKO or any other outside insurance quote.
Old 17th October 2022, 08:19   #2718
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone, This is my very first post on Team BHP. I desperately need some advice from the BHPians. Quick Background - I am planning to buy my first car and have zeroed in on Honda City VCVT option (after going through a lot of research on Team BHP). Recently I went to two Honda dealerships in Bangalore (Hosur Road and Magnum Honda- Kanakpura Road) and took the test drive. I liked the test drive but when It came to closing the deal and booking the car - I felt the dealership was very rigid.
After much research, I bought my City ZX CVT from Brigade Honda, Yehlanka in June this year. They had the best offers available and overall experience was good! You may want to talk to them as well
Old 17th October 2022, 12:01   #2719

My city Zx petrol manual seems to have some play in the steering when moving from center to any direction. If you jiggle the steering at idle too you can feel a “Tak Tak”.
Took it to the ASC and after a quick inspection they claimed the rack to be faulty and having internal play.
They have raised a warranty claim although it’s still to be approved.
It seems there’s a circular to the service center on the issue and they seem to have already raised the the issue for multiple 5th gen city.
Can anyone check if they have the same issue . You can replicate it by lightly jiggling the steering with the Engine on. You will feel a distinct “Tak Tak” while jiggling the steering.
Of you feel the Tak Tak pleas raise a warranty issue with the ASC. They will try to adjust the pinion lock bolt but will not solve the issue.

I quickly did a you tube search and a video from Malaysia surfaced with the same issue, so doesn’t seem india specific.
Some veichles have light tak Tak others have more, I checked a few other 5th gens that were there for service.

Last edited by sasmit : 17th October 2022 at 12:16. Reason: Added video link
sasmit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 13:23   #2720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasmit View Post
My city Zx petrol manual seems to have some play in the steering when moving from center to any direction. If you jiggle the steering at idle too you can feel a “Tak Tak”.
Mine makes this noise just once when I stop the car in traffic and turn the steering either to left or right. Don't make any noise while car is in motion though. Had mentioned this to the SA when I gave the car for 10K service, and he mentioned that it is common in all City and due to the power steering switch. Now I will keep a tab on it.
Old 17th October 2022, 16:06   #2721
BHPian

I have observed something different in my city. When I turn on the indicator and turn the steering left, I hear a similar sound. Doesnt happen when the car is idle or in motion otherwise.
TheWall is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 16:55   #2722
BHPian

Quote:
... Honda City VCVT option ...

2. The total Insurance cost (comprehensive + Zero Dep + RSA) is coming to Rs 53537 - As per what i have read on Team BHP if i have to go through with Tata AIG it would cost me something around Rs 35K. (I could not validate this myself as TAta AIG site needs vehicle registration no even to provide a quote - not sure if i am missing something here)
I'd recommend taking the insurance from outside since you're within your rights to do so unless you get an exact match in terms of price and features from the dealer. Keep in mind that the insurance premium is something you will pay every year, so you should get as competitive a quote as possible when choosing one. Of course, ensure when comparing insurance quotes that you're comparing apples to apples in terms/features of the insurance, especially the IDV numbers. They tried the usual tricks of "faster" processing etc. in case of claims with a family member and we firmly pushed back successfully.

Quote:
3. There are some costs like Logistics & Handling (Rs 5310) and Registration/Smart card Fee (Rs2500) which i don't know if this is a regular charges applicable
Get the Logistics and Handling Charges or Incidental Charges of Rs. 5310 knocked off straightaway. They are trying to pull a fast one on you.

Quote:
While i understand i cannot get a deal on everything but really want to understand whether the current market (with semi-conductor shortage etc) has resulted in dealers being so rigid...
If you can, there are loads of other dealerships in Bangalore. Please go and shop around for quotes and try to drive hard bargains by playing one against the other. The other option is to wait and see if there are any year-end discounts that usually come around December when dealerships try to clear out their 2022 inventory so that they are not sitting with "old" cars in 2023.
KryptonMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 17:47   #2723
BHPian

Quote:
...I am planning to buy my first car and have zeroed in on Honda City VCVT option (after going through a lot of research on Team BHP)......
16.41L for a V CVT! Man, looks like the prices have shot up significantly. I got myself a ZX CVT exactly a year ago for 16.86L.

1. Automatics are their highest selling variants. So getting a deal on CVT over MT is rare. But do check Honda website for monthly offers.
2. I got my insurance (comprehensive + Zero Dep + RSA) from the dealer for 41K at the time of purchase. I got a quote from policy bazar for the exact benefits that Honda Assure offered and the dealer agreed to match the price.
3. You can get rid of the Logistics/Handling and Smart Card fee. I didn't pay any such fees.
4. Did not get any accessories from the dealer. I don't think they are worth spending 8k (that's what I was offered).
5. EW for 4th and 5th year - no discounts.
sam264_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 19:25   #2724

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Mine makes this noise just once when I stop the car in traffic and turn the steering either to left or right. Don't make any noise while car is in motion though. Had mentioned this to the SA when I gave the car for 10K service, and he mentioned that it is common in all City and due to the power steering switch. Now I will keep a tab on it.
Yes that’s the noise, it will increase with use.

I went on a long drive a week back with a few semi bad patches the kind you can maintain 40ish kmhr. The sound increased after this trip. It was always there from day one but now it’s noticeable enough for the co passenger to hear. Have raised the warranty claim, fingers crossed for now.
Old 17th October 2022, 19:38   #2725

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
I have observed something different in my city. When I turn on the indicator and turn the steering left, I hear a similar sound. Doesnt happen when the car is idle or in motion otherwise.
Yes that’s there in my car too, it’s more when you have the turn signals on for the right hand turns.
That’s not a serious concern for now, seems it’s coming from the clock spring as per the experienced mech who was inspecting the steering issue.
Well anyways I want to the steering rack issue sorted first, before I raise any others.
Old 17th October 2022, 20:11   #2726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasmit View Post
Yes that’s the noise, it will increase with use.

I went on a long drive a week back with a few semi bad patches the kind you can maintain 40ish kmhr. The sound increased after this trip. It was always there from day one but now it’s noticeable enough for the co passenger to hear. Have raised the warranty claim, fingers crossed for now.
May I know the year of manufacture of your car? Saw some videos in YouTube and some of the comments mention that this was an issue in the initial batches. Mine is a Sep 2021 make.
Old 17th October 2022, 22:41   #2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
May I know the year of manufacture of your car? Saw some videos in YouTube and some of the comments mention that this was an issue in the initial batches. Mine is a Sep 2021 make.
Mine is a Feb'22 manufactured car. I did a bit of digging with a friendly mech at the service whom I know from my previous ride ( Jazz 2015 ) days, according to him this is an issue with all new city and even the recent production 4th gen city. There's some minor inherent play in almost all cars and in some its quite noticeable.
Honda has a circular saying for those with noticeable play to replace the complete rack.
sasmit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 10:18   #2728
BHPian

So my car has gone for the 1st free service today. Have been receiving all updates from them via WhatsApp and calls, plus can track the vehicle's location on the app.

Few questions come to mind, hoping to get some help:
  1. The service manager called and asked if I want to get the anti rust or paint coatings on the car (or both). I refused, but does it make sense to get these done? If yes, should I take these now or later and from Honda or a 3rd party?
  2. How do insurance firms handle the small scratch claims? I have a minor scratch, when someone bumped into me from behind at 5 km/hr, so does it make sense to use insurance for repair? It's so minor that it seems silly to claim for now.
  3. For the above, can insurance firms refuse claims for minor bumps that are old? Happened with our i20 and Tata AIG, they said that we needed to raise claims for old bumps when they were fresh, and not when a few have added up over time. Seems silly to me since I can't go claiming for each small bump or scratch.
Old 19th October 2022, 11:07   #2729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
So my car has gone for the 1st free service today. Have been receiving all updates f...
Unless you live in a coastal area you need the coating.

You will loose "no claim bonus" for any insurance claim. Not worth it for minor scratches.
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 11:47   #2730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
Unless you live in a coastal area you need the coating.

You will loose "no claim bonus" for any insurance claim. Not worth it for minor scratches.
I guess you wanted to say "unless you live in a coastal area you DON'T need the coating?

You are right, we cannot file a claim for such "minor incidents". Though it is painful when our car is new but that's the reality in cities with bumper to bumper traffic. I have had two such minor scratches and just had to be a mute bystander. Got it brush painted later.
c@rwate is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks