Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2022, 18:34   #2731
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
So my car has gone for the 1st free service today. Have been receiving all updates from them via WhatsApp and calls, plus can track the vehicle's location on the app.

Few questions come to mind, hoping to get some help:
  1. The service manager called and asked if I want to get the anti rust or paint coatings on the car (or both). I refused, but does it make sense to get these done? If yes, should I take these now or later and from Honda or a 3rd party?
  2. How do insurance firms handle the small scratch claims? I have a minor scratch, when someone bumped into me from behind at 5 km/hr, so does it make sense to use insurance for repair? It's so minor that it seems silly to claim for now.
  3. For the above, can insurance firms refuse claims for minor bumps that are old? Happened with our i20 and Tata AIG, they said that we needed to raise claims for old bumps when they were fresh, and not when a few have added up over time. Seems silly to me since I can't go claiming for each small bump or scratch.
I don’t stay in coastal area but got antirust coating mainly to cover those ugly looking wheel wells and prevent sounds from stones hitting metal.

Small scratches feel bad first time and sometimes even second time but over the months we forget them. Its not worth to claim insurance for small scratches unless it’s looking cosmetically bad.

I had instance with insurance for my parents Maruti alto where ASC refused to do it under insurance as scratch had some rust and was looking older. One friendly mechanic just polished and rubbed off the rust and made it look like recent accident and it was done under insurance. So jugads work sometimes.
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 20:30   #2732

Hello All,

Some updates from my purchase and ownership of a year and 10K+ Kms.

Purchase and details
Purchased from Brigade Honda - Bangalore. Experience has been pretty good. Manual transmission - VX trim. Costed by 15.6L same month last year on the road. Deals/Discounts:
1. Free Seat Covers
2. Comprehensive Insurance reduced to 3K from 49 with - (Engine Protect Plus,Key
Protect,Zero Depreciation). This year on renewal I paid 21K(same coverage) from Honda Assure
3. Cash discount of 20K
4. Extended Warranty for 4th & 5th year Free of cost

Summary:
Desc Amount
Car Cost 1262206
Tax 238178
TCS 12622
Add: RSA 4834
Add: Insurance Bumper to Bumper 39751
Fastag & Registration 2400
HP 1500
Essential Kit 8400
Total 1569891

Sales Rep - Deepak and Lead - Shashi from Brigade Honda was always available for discussion from first visit to finalising the deal and taking the delivery.

Apologies for providing these details after a year. Received my membership very recently . Will try to contribute going forward

However, Cannot thank TBHP enough for the reviews, ownership threads and expert opinions. Which made my decision in choosing the right ride, much easier!

Ownership Experience:
City:
The car rides like a dream and is such smooth & comfortable and gives you a feeling of driving a car of higher segment. You are at home the moment you get into your seat.

Ride is plush with small to average undulations on road. Bigger ones, I am very careful, as I don't want a bottom scrape. Ground Clearance is not bad(may have scraped twice due to higher speeds), compared to what I have heard from previous generation owners.

Driven mostly in the city in heavy traffic(RT Nagar to Bellandur Eco World and back - For Bangaloreans to understand the crazy traffic & road quality). Returns me a mileage of 14.5/16(lucky days) on MID. The full tank has given me 0.5-0.8 less figures on checking.

Highways:
Again ride and comfort was appreciated, as better half and my kids(16 year old twins) were impressed with the ride in the back seat

Have driven this beauty to Goa in March 2022 and it was fun to open the throttle and listen to the engine revving sound(non existent in Bangalore roads). Note - I am a sedate driver who loves to soak in the nature around as we move. Have used cruise control extensively in such drives and have returned efficiency of 21+ with cruise control(70%)

1450 kms including 250 kms travel inside Goa, returned fuel efficiency of 18km/l

Service Experience
Coming from Toyota, my expectation was already stemmed by friends and family who complained about Honda service being no match to Toyota. It was probably good, as I have found them to be pretty okay so far. Got done with the 3rd Free Service (1 year/10K kms). And the cost sticks to the price mentioned in the service calculator in Honda portal. Hence no qualms about that.

Issues faced
1. Sometimes in bright light I cannot see the rear parking camera properly. And worst is the situation when I am reversing in my parking from sun lit road during the day. But this is something I can live with given all the positives.

2. Sound in humps - There is a "kinch kinch" sound every time the car gets down from a speed breaker. The service TD guy had told me it is a known issue in city and will reduce but not go away. Honda themselves are aware of this. It was identified by the person as to coming from the cabin light assembly. He did some packing(as I was told) and the issue did reduce 70%. , only to come back in 15 days. Right now I am living with it and have emailed Honda and they want to check the vehicle tomorrow. Lets see

Overall we love the car it drives so beautiful. Looking forward to take it to Kolkata in April after the board exams are over for my kids. (Did that in 2021 July with wife, 2 16 year old young adults and 1 33Kg lab and was a breeze)

This is my first real post and appreciate your patience in reading through this. Thank you!
sanjoyraju is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 22:15   #2733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
My sister who was sitting in the rear left seat pointed that a trim piece had come loose, maybe because of a broken clip. I didn't dare to fiddle with it myself as it is a hard plastic and didn't want to damage the clips further. Although I love the car in all other aspects, build quality is an area where the car clearly lacks. Although it may have that signature Honda bulletproof mechanical reliability, it just doesn't feel built-to-last when it comes to the interiors.
Got this fixed in my 20k service today. The SA said that a clip had broken. Issue fixed, no more rattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasmit View Post
Can anyone check if they have the same issue . You can replicate it by lightly jiggling the steering with the Engine on. You will feel a distinct “Tak Tak” while jiggling the steering.
Of you feel the Tak Tak pleas raise a warranty issue with the ASC. They will try to adjust the pinion lock bolt but will not solve the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Mine makes this noise just once when I stop the car in traffic and turn the steering either to left or right. Don't make any noise while car is in motion though. Had mentioned this to the SA when I gave the car for 10K service, and he mentioned that it is common in all City and due to the power steering switch. Now I will keep a tab on it.
Yes, same with me. The SA said it is normal in all 5th Gen cars and is not an issue. The sound is very minor and only when stationary. Will report if the sound increases/changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasmit View Post
Yes that’s the noise, it will increase with use.
I've done 20k kms over all kinds of road surfaces but the sound is still a faint 'tak' only when turned from center to left/right and only at standstill. Yours might be a different issue. There is no play as such in my car.
Yash390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 22:35   #2734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoyraju View Post
2. Comprehensive Insurance reduced to 3K from 49 with - (Engine Protect Plus,Key
Protect,Zero Depreciation). This year on renewal I paid 21K(same coverage) from Honda Assure
How did your renewal cost go down to 21k? Did you ask for a discount or something?
Old 20th October 2022, 23:03   #2735

No discount. I paid 39K while purchase. On renewal with same benefits it came to 21K in the Honda Assure portal.

Govt has made 3rd party premium mandatory to be paid 5 years for bike and 3 years at the time of new vehicle purchase. Hence the initial insurance cost is always much higher
sanjoyraju is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 12:03   #2736
BHPian

Quote:
Mine makes this noise just once when I stop the car in traffic and turn the steering either to left or right. Don't make any noise while car is in motion though. Had mentioned this to the SA when I gave the car for 10K service, and he mentioned that it is common in all City and due to the power steering switch. Now I will keep a tab on it.
Have exactly the same observation in my Nov21 made CityVMT, i.e. when the car is stationary and not otherwise. Have run about 6200 Kms now and I don't think this noise was there when new. Will take it up with the SA during 10K servicing due in Dec.
knockout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 14:20   #2737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
Have exactly the same observation in my Nov21 made CityVMT, i.e. when the car is stationary and not otherwise. Have run about 6200 Kms now and I don't think this noise was there when new. Will take it up with the SA during 10K servicing due in Dec.
Yep, mine too appeared after the car has run 3000 kms. Before that the sound wasn't there.
Old 25th October 2022, 17:59   #2738
BANNED

Quote:
Yep, mine too appeared after the car has run 3000 kms. Before that the sound wasn't there.
Looks like a link rod or control arm bush issue. But 3000 kms is very less for something like that to go wrong. Is this a Tak Tak noise which can also be felt in steering wheel.
Old 25th October 2022, 19:18   #2739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Looks like a link rod or control arm bush issue. But 3000 kms is very less for something like that to go wrong. Is this a Tak Tak noise which can also be felt in steering wheel.
Thanks Pavi, yes it can be felt on the steering wheel very slightly. The noise comes only once when the steering is turned either left or right. Once the car is in motion, there is no such noise from the steering wheel. To give further context, this has happened after I did a wheel balancing and alignment from outside the dealership. Before that the car had a slight vibration felt on the floorboard which the dealership was unable to fix even after alignment. So did it from outside and the vibrations vanished, but the steering tak-tak sound started. The sound bothered me when I was driving once without any music at night. At every signal before moving the car, the sound was evident in cabin.

Can the alignment affect the link rod or control arm?
Old 25th October 2022, 20:10   #2740
BANNED

Quote:
Can the alignment affect the link rod or control arm?
I have never heard of or come across such a possibility. You can ask someone to move the steering left and right while you check the underbody especially the link rod section. If it is actually the link rod, you will be able to make out the part which is causing the noise. Also make sure that the metal piece (like a shield) behind the front brake rotors are not touching the rotors while steering the wheel, a very vague possibility for this to cause that noise, but better to check.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 10:56   #2741
BHPian

Hello everyone,
Is anyone facing visibility issues with front wind shield film on honda city. I have applied Garware Ice Cool Shield Anti Glare Windshield Film and i am feeling its hindering visibility at night. I had a 220 odd kms night drive few days back and I really had to struggle spotting unmarked divider at one point. I am thinking to remove it. Is anyone have similar experience with front windshield films.
Old 26th October 2022, 13:26   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post

How I met your Mother - The Honda City version.

Dear Kids,
My beautiful wife and I decided to buy a new car.
I am bad with dates – any type of date that is. One fine day, I got this SMS from the RTO which I read as ‘Hurray, we managed to make you pay a delay fee by not sending an advance notification’ and that is when it actually dawned about the first anniversary.
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-puc.png
Since the required kilometers were clocked, the periodic services were done earlier.

Time flies. I drive mostly on the same route between Trivandrum and Kochi with occasional weekend trips and one interstate drive to TN. Here is a quick summary of the journey so far.

Dislikes -
-The NVH levels, terrible for a car in this category.
-Ingress and more particularly, the egress part for the elders. That is the only time when they complain about the car as they have been travelling in tallboy cars mostly.
-No Wireless Android auto/Car play
-The stock tires
-The average screen and poor camera.
-The squealing sound when applying brakes at low speeds, especially while parking.

Likes-
-The drive. I am at peace while driving this.
-Space. More than sufficient for the current requirements. Rear seat space is wow.
-The looks. It’s been an year and I still look at the car and admire it.
-The tricks using the keys like turning the car AC, opening and closing the windows and sunroof.
-The connect app for extra peace of mind.
-A lot of little things like the illuminated click wheels with an ASMR sound, the paddle shifts, the sunroof, cruise control, the sunblinds at the back, left side mirror cam while parking, the overall ambience inside etc. are things that come to my mind while I write this.

I have not been contacted from the Honda company, never ever. Neither during the purchase process nor during the services but I am okay with that as I am happy with the car. My sales associate was a Mr.India who disappeared from my life after I drove out from the showroom on the delivery day. Again, happy with the car and hence I can live with that. The first 2 services were done at Kochi and the third one at Kollam. I will prefer Vision Honda as they were more transparent and I could see the car during the process. No extra charges or push other than the ones mentioned in the service process.
I got an underbody done which reduced the noise a little bit. Got a dashcam and 7D mats installed as written in the purchase post. No other modifications or installations done. For those who are looking to buy the car or have booked it, the first and the most important thing to do-UPSIZE the stock tires and you can thank everyone here who recommends the same. The car may not please the enthusiasts due to the lack of turbo, but with the type of roads I drive on, I am more than happy. Anyone in Kerala looking to buy a new City, please feel free to DM me for any assistance. Thank you all for this wonderful thread.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city-1.jpg
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city-2.jpg
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city-3.jpg
AnnaRocks is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 13:26   #2743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Hello everyone,
Is anyone facing visibility issues with front wind shield film on honda city. I have applied Garware Ice Cool Shield Anti Glare Windshield Film and i am feeling its hindering visibility at night. I had a 220 odd kms night drive few days back and I really had to struggle spotting unmarked divider at one point. I am thinking to remove it. Is anyone have similar experience with front windshield films.
Front windshield films, no matter the visibility rating, are a bad idea. Back in 2010 I put in a 80% VLT rated 3M film on my i10 windshield and had frequent night drives. Never knew the difference till I had to change the windshield after a stone hit - it was like night and day.

Better to avoid.
Pequod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 11:48   #2744

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
I am bad with dates – any type of date that is. One fine day, I got this SMS from the RTO which I read as ‘Hurray, we managed to make you pay a delay fee by not sending an advance notification’ and that is when it actually dawned about the first anniversary.

I got an underbody done which reduced the noise a little bit. Got a dashcam and 7D mats installed as written in the purchase post.
Thanks for review. Can you provide details and review of dash cam you are using? Is it both front and back? I am confused on this as there are variants across price range.
My requirement is just a simple clear recording and even video screen may not be necessary as long as quality is good.

Other thing is do we need to take pollution certificate every year? Dealer kind of mentioned that it is not required for this vehicle at all as it is es6.
bwajlearn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 13:06   #2745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwajlearn View Post

Other thing is do we need to take pollution certificate every year? Dealer kind of mentioned that it is not required for this vehicle at all as it is es6.
Yes it is mandatory for every vehicle. Cops usually don't check this, but if caught for something else then they may check PUC as well and will get fine for non-compliance.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks