Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2022, 14:16   #2776
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

My STEEL CITY completed a year of ownership this month. To celebrate the anniversary, went on the longest roadtrip till date and drove to my hometown and back (plus some outings there of course) - travelling across 8 states and ~5000km in a week!

Taking the odometer reading to just shy of 30,000 in 1 year and ready for it's next service schedule

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20221114_0351232633.jpg

Here’s a pic taken somewhere in the wilderness, testament to the fact that the City is equally capable outside the city

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20221109_115509455.jpg
mAndArk is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 15:10   #2777
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone exchanged old car for new Honda City? How does the Exchange Bonus reflect in the invoice?
Old 15th November 2022, 20:30   #2778

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Did you finalize the deal? I am in the market and got a quote from Dakshin Honda. Looks like there is not much discount on CVT. However for manual there is a discount this month - refer this.
No, still not closed this. Was initially waiting for the Diwali period to get over. But it does not seem like things have changed.

The best deal I have got so far is from Brigade Honda - They said 5K discount on Insurance, 4th year Warranty free and some discount on accessories. That is as far as it has gone.

Finally I am contemplating going ahead and buying insurance from outside - Just that I feel with limited experience with cars it would have been better to have a Honda Assure but they are charging a bomb for the same. So not really sure how to proceed.

Hi, Thanks for sharing this. What was the offer when you bought it? What was the insurance cost and also any freebies that you got?

Thanks

Regards
Kiran

Last edited by GTO : 17th November 2022 at 09:08. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 15th November 2022, 20:59   #2779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiranraj Govind View Post
No, still not closed this. Was initially waiting for the Diwali period to get over. But it does not seem like things have changed.
Thanks. Dakshin is offering the discounts mentioned in Honda Website. No freebies. I am negotiating for another 5K cash discount or some freebies. It does not look like they have lot of inventory as the delivery time quoted is 3-4 weeks. We might get a better deal in December if Honda rolls out any additional year end offers.

Last edited by blorebuddy : 15th November 2022 at 21:00.
Old 22nd November 2022, 20:38   #2780

I have finally booked Honda V CVT Radiant Red Variant today! Thanks to team BHP for all the guidance when needed. Now the wait for the car to be delivered!

In the meanwhile I wanted to pick your brains on next steps:

1. Once the dealership confirms that the variant + color I have asked for is available - Do I have to pay any amount to confirm? At what stage do I have to pay the non-loan part to the dealership?

2. I am also opting for Loan for 50% - The dealership mentioned that they have a tie-up with SBI and the current ROI is 8.4% - Any suggestions if this is negotiable considering I am at the higher end of the CIBIL score? Are there any specific things I need to watch out for when taking loans?

Any other suggestions are also welcome!

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2022 at 05:09. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Duplicate content deleted
Kiranraj Govind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 07:05   #2781
BHPian

Quote:

The best deal I have got so far is from Brigade Honda - They said 5K discount on Insurance, 4th year Warranty free and some discount on accessories. That is as far as it has gone.
Do enquire about 4 year RSA , they will add it at no cost worth around 4800
Old 23rd November 2022, 08:12   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
2. I am also opting for Loan for 50% - The dealership mentioned that they have a tie-up with SBI and the current ROI is 8.4% - Any suggestions if this is negotiable considering I am at the higher end of the CIBIL score? Are there any specific things I need to watch out for when taking loans?
I took a loan from SBI in Sept for the same car. With a CIBIL of 775+, the ROI is 7.85%. Do check again with SBI seperately to confirm the actual rate, since I doubt it'll be 8.4% if you have a similar score to mine.
Also, make sure they give you a zero processing fee and waive prepayments after 12 months, that's what I got from them as well.
LordSpymaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 10:42   #2783
BHPian

Quote:

2. I am also opting for Loan for 50% - The dealership mentioned that they have a tie-up with SBI and the current ROI is 8.4%
Congratulations on your new ride, i took SBI loan in march with 7.25% fixed interest rate. Just keep a watch on processing fees as they initially told zero processing fees and deducted 3500 later. I called the branch manager and it was subsequently cancelled.
Old 23rd November 2022, 17:38   #2784

I Checked the rates on SBI website and it said 8.4%. I had checked a couple of months back it was 7.95% at that time. My CIBIL score is 798 so that in itself should not be an issue.
Old 23rd November 2022, 20:19   #2785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I Checked the rates on SBI website and it said 8.4%. I had checked a couple of months back it was 7.95% at that time. My CIBIL score is 798 so that in itself should not be an issue.
The rates have increased from this month, last year SBI was offering 7.6% through yono. I didn't go through the dealer at any stage.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 11:00   #2786
BHPian

Hi Members,

I need help to know if the engine bay for my honda city 5th gen ZX PE MT can be washed or not.

Context: A month back, I was driving in heavy rains in BLR, the front left wheelwell plastic lining came off while crossing water logging. There was some damage to the engine guard too. Fortunately I did not get stuck, and reached my destination. The vehicle is repaired now.

Since I had to drive the vehicle for about a month with out the wheelwell lining, the engine bay was completely exposed to the mud and slush from the wheel. As a result, the engine bay is quite dirty now. I intend to get it cleaned.

I checked with service center folks and they mentioned I can get it washed with water (albeit with a low pressure, if using pressure wash). All items are sealed and there is no worry of anything going wrong.

My questions:
1. Is it okay to get the engine bay washed with water?
2. If not, what is the alternate solution to pursue?

Thanks,
Old 24th November 2022, 12:31   #2787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
Hi Members,

I need help to know if the engine bay for my honda city 5th gen ZX PE MT can be washed or not.

I checked with service center folks and they mentioned I can get it washed with water (albeit with a low pressure, if using pressure wash). All items are sealed and there is no worry of anything going wrong.

My questions:
1. Is it okay to get the engine bay washed with water?
2. If not, what is the alternate solution to pursue?

Thanks,
I believe there's no harm in cleaning up the engine bay with water if the person doing the work knows which areas / parts to avoid and pressure / chemicals to use.

ChrisFix has a pretty good video to take as a reference
ashish_sax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 21:11   #2788
BHPian

Friends,

After a lot of deliberations and postponement of purchase decision, i finally booked Honda City 5th Gen (ZX CVT Lunar Silver) at Dakshin Honda, Mysore Road, Bangalore. Thankful to this forum for all the reviews and discussions which helped make up my mind.

Did PDI last week and looks good overall (6 kms on odo). Taking delivery of the vehicle next week.Are accessories (basic kit and others) worth the price ? Any freebies that i can ask for ?

I am upgrading from Alto (after having driven it for 85k+ kms) to City. Anything i should be specially careful about given the new vehicle is 4.5+ mts and a long slung sedan ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th November 2022, 07:48   #2789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravBS View Post
Taking delivery of the vehicle next week.Are accessories (basic kit and others) worth the price ?

Anything i should be specially careful about given the new vehicle is 4.5+ mts and a long slung sedan ?
Congratulations, basic kit is not worth so i got utility package at 50% discount as a goodwill.

I was using swift before in Bengaluru traffic and honda city is really long vehicle. Some U turns you may need to be cautious otherwise you will adjust to car within no time.
Neurodoc is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 11:57   #2790
BHPian

Hello,
I am facing some low grade vibrations in steering wheel since last few days, i feel them when i hold steering wheel lightly and car is doing some 20-30 kmph, there is no change in vibrations when car runs on uneven roads and no pulling to one side. initially thought due to increased air pressure and changed it. Today visited ASC and SA took a short drive and denied any vibrations. Still i am not convinced that everything is fine, though vibrations are low but they are definitely there.
Any advice or anyone facing similar issues?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks