Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2022, 18:17   #2806
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravBS View Post
Friends,

After a lot of deliberations and postponement of purchase decision, i finally booked Honda City 5th Gen (ZX CVT Lunar Silver) at Dakshin Honda, Mysore Road, Bangalore. Thankful to this forum for all the reviews and discussions which helped make up my mind.

Did PDI last week and looks good overall (6 kms on odo). Taking delivery of the vehicle next week.Are accessories (basic kit and others) worth the price ? Any freebies that i can ask for ?

I am upgrading from Alto (after having driven it for 85k+ kms) to City. Anything i should be specially careful about given the new vehicle is 4.5+ mts and a long slung sedan ?

Thanks in advance.

Friends i took delivery of the vehicle on Wednesday. Have driven very less so far but coming from Alto, i am loving the new experience.
I have not received any warranty card for tyre and battery from the dealer. Does it come separately or covered as part of 3 yr vehicle warranty ? I remember having got one for my old Alto and 2 wheelers.
AravBS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 20:02   #2807
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I have a peculiar problem to report about my 5th Gen City. Car is about
13months old now. I drive it once in a week or two weeks. Couple of times my car didnot start and it was diagnosed as battery discharge issue.
I complained to the service centre and they ran a ECU check and told me no errors and reported it as fine. I even got the cable harness checked for any current leakages that might have happened. Everything was reported fine. Today while having stopped at the traffic i true starting my car and it didn't crank up for a min. I again tried and then it started. On reaching home while parking I noticed a sign "key not found" flashing.on MID. It went off ina min and never appeared again. Could any of you throw somelight on what's the problem. Unfortunately the more electronics in car is something I have started to hate nowadays. Appreciate your support.

Last edited by SeshSrini : 5th December 2022 at 20:19. Reason: wanted to change the problem statement
SeshSrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 21:13   #2808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeshSrini View Post
Today while having stopped at the traffic i true starting my car and it didn't crank up for a min. I again tried and then it started. On reaching home while parking I noticed a sign "key not found" flashing.on MID. It went off ina min and never appeared again. ort.
Considering the battery is alright (charged) and if all the electrical & ECU checks came out fine, try changing the battery in your key fob. Maybe it's a simple case of detection issue due to low battery. But then you'd have got the low battery warnings on your MID if that's the case. Try using a fresh one and see if it repeats.
cule1899_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 22:06   #2809
BHPian

Hi All,

Did a 1500KM trip on my 13 months old CVT. I really like the way it handled the only issue that I faced was that when braking at 100 or more km/hr speeds the was shuddering. Has anyone face this type of issue & what can be the reason for it.

I did a complete wheel balance & tyre change just before the trip. The car is done 12K kms so far.

TIA
jagadeesh.b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 08:34   #2810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
Hi All,

Did a 1500KM trip on my 13 months old CVT. I really like the way it handled the only issue that I faced was that when braking at 100 or more km/hr speeds the was shuddering. Has anyone face this type of issue & what can be the reason for it.

I did a complete wheel balance & tyre change just before the trip. The car is done 12K kms so far.

TIA
What you experienced is brake judder. Usually the culprit is a warped disc. Get your front brake discs checked for uneven wear or warping. If the overall thickness is within limits the SC may skim the discs and replace the pads to restore the original performance. Alternatively they may suggest to replace the discs and pads if they don't want to skim the discs or if they are already worn out and skimming would result in the thickness falling below the minimum threshold.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 09:16   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravBS View Post
Friends i took delivery of the vehicle on Wednesday. Have driven very less so far but coming from Alto, i am loving the new experience.
I have not received any warranty card for tyre and battery from the dealer. Does it come separately or covered as part of 3 yr vehicle warranty ? I remember having got one for my old Alto and 2 wheelers.
Congrats on your new purchase. Wishing you Happy and safe miles. I too didnot get any towards warranty for tyre or battery seperately. I was told it's part of the service records. I purchased from Brigade Honda.Had been to Dakshin Honda on Mysuru road couple of times. Didnot like the overall ambience of service lobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
Bid farewell to my 5th Gen Petrol MT city of 2020. I was badly affected by severe battery issues and used to call RSA almost 10 times just to jump-start the car even after just 7 days of idle time in the presence of my neighbour, and believe me, it's painful having such a premium car. After writing to Honda corporate, I finally got a new battery as a replacement and this resolved this issue. But till that time, I was frightened enough about this issue and was forced to start the engine every 3rd day and not even go for a drive. Adding to it, the puny tyre got punctured 5 times and that was enough for me to sell the car. No doubt, the engine was awesome, but Honda missed to make it balance i.e. loss of pick up in initial gears. I am wondering about the way my ownership of the car ended within 2 years. This is my opinion and story. No offence to anything anyone. Thanks.
Spot on. Iam facing the same issue with my 5th gen City too. Not sure if you had this situation that the car didnot crank at a traffice light for a min or so and then started . I too have called up the RSA now 3 times and SA has advised for cranking the car once in atleast 3days. Not accepted from a premium car like city. Sad you had to let go a car which you had purchased with lots of love xpectaions

Last edited by Aditya : 8th December 2022 at 07:01. Reason: Back to back posts merged
SeshSrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 22:06   #2812
BHPian

Day trip with family in my city cvt

Finally got some time and planned a long trip with family, warangal to kalburgi 400kms up and down total 800 kms. 4 adults including driver and two toddlers and full boot luggage.
Total average on MID after covering full distance was 16kmpl with aggressive driving in sport mode.
My wife felt city is little more bouncy compared to creta above 100kmph.
Overall tireless journey, didn’t scrape belly anywhere even in rural roads and no hiccups at all.
Roads in Telangana are far better compared to Karnataka. Karnataka roads have lots of unmarks road breaks they kill the pleasure of driving sedan.
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 20:29   #2813

Upgraded my City's Key to this smart Key. Looks fantastic and feels premium. Though the company had 3 models to choose from, one being the BMW key, but i preferred this as it is different and small. So far the experience is pretty good! Bought this from a firm named Keydroid, headquartered in Delhi. Seamless experience and great customer service. They needed one of my original Keys; arranged a free courier pick up and promptly sent both the original Key and smart Key back to me, overall took 5 days for the whole process. They sent a sensor to be plugged into the OBD port for the Auto lock and unlock to work, which I didn't do, as Honda already has one plugged into the OBD port for the Honda APP to communicate with the car. Functionality wise nothing additional, but looks great. ��
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20221208_134435.jpg  

Souvikdwanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 22:05   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
What you experienced is brake judder. Usually the culprit is a warped disc. Get your front brake discs checked for uneven wear or warping. If the overall thickness is within limits the SC may skim the discs and replace the pads to restore the original performance. Alternatively they may suggest to replace the discs and pads if they don't want to skim the discs or if they are already worn out and skimming would result in the thickness falling below the minimum threshold.
Thanks a lot Traveler. Will go ahead & get it checked this weekend. I was wondering how can they go on a car which is done 15K Kms till now. Do the automatics brakes wear fast?

Last edited by jagadeesh.b : 8th December 2022 at 22:11.
Old 8th December 2022, 22:15   #2815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
Thanks a lot Traveler. Will go ahead & get it checked this weekend. I was wondering how can they go on a car which is done 15K Kms till now. Do the automatics brakes wear fast?
The quality if discs is not what used to be. There have been reports of the same problem from VW Polo as well and our Polo has the same problem as well.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 22:30   #2816
BHPian

After having used a deisel CVT for 9 years and now City petrol CVT for past year, I realize how smooth CVT is compared to a manual gearbox.
I have only driven in a CVT automatic and never in any other automatic like TC or AMT or DSG so can't comment on these but compared to a manual gearbox there is not the slightest jerk in a CVT. In a manual gearbox we feel jerks when shifting in lower gears or when driving in 1st gear but no such issues in CVT.
Also in Delhi traffic I have never felt the need for faster acceleration so far.
How are you finding CVT?
neeraj0272 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 22:40   #2817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvikdwanderer View Post
Upgraded my City's Key to this smart Key. Looks fantastic and feels premium. Though the company had 3 models to choose from, one being the BMW key, but i preferred this as it is different and small. So far the experience is pretty good! Bought this from a firm named Keydroid, headquartered in Delhi. Seamless experience and great customer service. They needed one of my original Keys; arranged a free courier pick up and promptly sent both the original Key and smart Key back to me, overall took 5 days for the whole process. They sent a sensor to be plugged into the OBD port for the Auto lock and unlock to work, which I didn't do, as Honda already has one plugged into the OBD port for the Honda APP to communicate with the car. Functionality wise nothing additional, but looks great. ��
Could you please share the contact details of this company. Also what sort of device is plugged into the OBD port in your car. Can you share a picture. Is this device plugged into all Honda City cars?
Old 8th December 2022, 23:14   #2818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Could you please share the contact details of this company. Also what sort of device is plugged into the OBD port in your car. Can you share a picture. Is this device plugged into all Honda City cars?
Here's the link to their website- https://keydroid.in/. Use the whatsapp option to interact with their sales team, they will share the relevant details.

I will try to get a pic of the device plugged into the OBD. I really tried to feel the port and figured that something is plugged in, I will now go down and take a closer look at the port
Old 10th December 2022, 18:26   #2819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvikdwanderer View Post
Upgraded my City's Key to this smart Key. Looks fantastic and feels premium. Functionality wise nothing additional, but looks great. ��
So basically it offers nothing additional AND it costs Rs. 20k ?
Yash390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 11:49   #2820
BHPian

To address the query of under body scraps on speed breakers, let me inform you that generally in my Honda Jazz the scratch comes below the the right running panel on the arch which holds the engine or the under body protector plastic cladding and no other place.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-9c73194fe6d04ed385f0d826ee8b35b1.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks