Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2022, 12:03   #2821

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Congratulations on your new ride, i took SBI loan in march with 7.25% fixed interest rate. Just keep a watch on processing fees as they initially told zero processing fees and deducted 3500 later. I called the branch manager and it was subsequently cancelled.

Hi folks, I booked Honda City Last month and negotiated a cash discount of 30K with the dealer with great difficulty. Last month there was no offer from Honda's end and this discount was purely done by dealer. At the time of booking dealer had told me if there are any new offers I will be eligible and if there are any price hike then also I will have to bear it. Now this month Honda is offering 20K cash discount on CVT but the dealer does not want to pass this on to me and coming up with some random silly excuses. Any thoughts on am I right to expect that Honda discount will be passed to me?
Kiranraj Govind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 21:14   #2822
BHPian

Hi,

Today returned from PDI of my city V-MT at the stock yard. Everything was fine as expected. However I noticed one thing that when I pressed the clutch pedal there was a click sound midway through the travel of clutch pedal.

Could this be of any concern or is it one of those new things that will go away with use?
Old 18th December 2022, 09:12   #2823
BHPian

Folks, have two questions about the city infotainment unit:

1. The prior versions of the City are said to have native navigation option without using your phone however that seems to be missing in this version

2. After closer to 16 months of usage and multiple efforts I still cannot get my whole list of songs from a USB drive to show up on the display. I realise that's old school always preferred this method more then the online options.

3. The system only shows 250 odd songs if you do not use folders. It shows only 12 odd folders but may not show 250 songs inside each of them. If you add a song and use the same drive it does not detect the change. I literally have to keep a spare drive that refreshes the cache and then helps read the songs

4. I have attempted to use different allocation size 32kb 64kb etc but didn't make a difference. On my previous VW the restriction was 999 songs per folder at 64kb allocation size. No such luck here

5. Is there a device that can help run the USB drive and Android auto at the same time. Even wireless Android auto requires a plug in to the USB port so that doesn't help
Old 18th December 2022, 13:28   #2824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Folks, have two questions about the city infotainment unit:

5. Is there a device that can help run the USB drive and Android auto at the same time? Even wireless Android auto requires a plug-in to the USB port so that doesn't help
You can try this FM transmitter to play songs via USB and still use android auto alongside.

https://www.amazon.in/Portronics-Aut.../dp/B093SGQDSF
Old 21st December 2022, 13:17   #2825
BHPian

Guys owning 5th Gen V-variant can you please confirm if there is a provision to fit tweeters on all 4 locations which is there for the higher variants? Or do we need to do cutting and all for upgrading the speaker systems?
Old 23rd December 2022, 17:54   #2826
BHPian

The city has been sitting idle mostly for the last 5 months and has barely clocked 1k kms in that period, hence decided to put it up for sale, however after recieving some mind numbing offers decided to just let it sit. My younger brother who is in town after 3 years for the holidays decided to bring some holiday cheer into the city's life albeit at the expense of my wallet!

The young man got the front rs kit installed, Aozoom bi xenon projector fog lamps, rear reg plate led bulbs, rear bumper diffuser, rear roof spoiler with led brake light & Mugen logos. Of all of the things done i felt the Fog lamps were totally worth the money spent, those fogs on high beam can get heavy traffic to move aside and dim their beams! Attaching a few snaps of the city which looks stunning as always.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-9ad02bd43e1240eab12ad2fab1d022ef.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-fb03d05752ec4246a6f3765a624c2a2f.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-5392069d61e3402abee4b105568735d2.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 08:24   #2827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiranraj Govind View Post
At the time of booking dealer had told me if there are any new offers I will be eligible and if there are any price hike then also I will have to bear it. Now this month Honda is offering 20K cash discount on CVT but the dealer does not want to pass this on to me and coming up with some random silly excuses. Any thoughts on am I right to expect that Honda discount will be passed to me?
Unless you got that promise (or any other verbal promise for that matter) from the dealer in writing, you should stop expecting such promises to be fulfilled. You can always try to appeal to their goodwill and see if they will somehow cave in, but realistically, unless you have something in writing to back up your claim, it will be your word against theirs. When negotiating with car dealers, always get every verbal claim they make documented and signed by them.
KryptonMonkey is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 16:09   #2828
BHPian

Hello All,
This is my buying experience 3 month old City along with the likes and dislikes. The search for a car started many months back when I decided to own a car of my own. I was not in a hurry and was just browsing to understand.

I had very little knowledge of cars until then and with a mass market in mind, I was thinking about to get a Dzire then. Primary reason being I have travelled (not driven) extensively in a 2008 Swift and liked it very much, and the main drawback I saw was the limited bootspace. Swift with an extra boot was my primary choice. So when I was browsing for more details, I learnt that the build quality has degraded over the years even though Maruti has kept its pole position and hence started my search for a better car.

I did not have any segment in my mind, and noted down my primary requirements. They were
1) A good rear seat comfort during long travel
2) A bigger boot

I did not list other requirements like a good reliability, better mileage, safety, hassle free ownership experience etc as that is a given. No one would want to buy a vehicle which is not reliable. I looked at many cars and more were dropped out just because of the rear seat comfort. During my research I found how manufacturers are coming up with the SUV shaped cars yet the price is not justified at all. Even though ground clearance is good, I felt it compromised the comfort as body roll was very evident in most of the cars. Sonet, Venue fell into this category. Brezza was good, but since there was facelift in the works, I wanted to wait for that. I liked i20 in every aspect except for the boot space.

For a short time, had decided on Amaze as I have heard much about the iVtec engine and its reliability (Me and my wife somehow felt Jazz was tight for 3 people in the rear, but Amaze was better). Was looking for only an automatic and when I was looking for the variants, facelift had already come up and so only S and VX had CVT with them. After looking into the specs, I once again extended my requirement list with adding below

3) Cruise Control
4) Reverse parking camera

These were added because my driving experience is less and so these features would help. Cruise control was mainly because I had no experience driving on a long trip and I definitely felt taking a foot out from the accelerator will reduce fatigue at least a bit. So with the above requirements, VX was the variant to go for, which came around 11 Lakhs on road. Only then we saw 4th Gen City was also in production and that come less than 12 Lakhs on road, which was a killer.

My wife had always liked City for long, but that never came in our discussion to own one as we thought it was over our budget, more so like my wish for a Mini Cooper (which still is way out of our budget and of course not a practical family car for Indian roads). Coming back to Amaze, we felt an extra lakh for City was worth, even though it was a manual version. I decided to check out the current production version from showrooms in Chennai. When I enquired almost all came back saying no stock even for display. One fine day when I was crossing a Honda Showroom near my house, I noticed a 4th Gen City in the showroom. So that weekend took my wife and kid so have a look. When I sat inside, I was a bit disappointed to see too much of hard plastics being used in the interiors. I was also aware of the touch screen AC controls and its draw back by then. Me and my wife had same thoughts and without exchanging a word, both decided to check out the 5th Gen standing next to it.

Love at First Sight!!
Damn right it was. The steering buttons, AC knobs, legroom, visibility and most important of all the seats, we immediately decided this is the one we had to buy. The rear seat comfort is best in City and don’t think any other can come closer to it. Since it was already over our estimated budget, we decided to stick to V variant with CVT, which had more than my requirements. We had a few months with us to proceed for booking as I was shifting my company and was waiting to see if company lease policy would work me. In that meantime, started to understand more about City and cars in general. Team Bhp site had given much more insights on ownership than any others, as many other sources talk only about a review in general. That is when I wanted to be part of this elite community. I see few cars on the roads with the team bhp sticker on and makes me smile. This is the time I thank Admin for approving my login request .

The few months of wait also meant the price increased twice, but I was OK with it. All this time, the 4th Gen City price was never raised (just to keep it inside the 10 Lakhs ex-showroom). That way I consoled myself that with the price increase in 5th Gen, there won’t be a compromise in quality. That was the time I also decided to upgrade to VX mainly for a bigger size wheel, which would partially increase ground clearance (around 3-4 mm if I am correct), two extra airbags and the very colourful instrument cluster. All others including sunroof were cherry on the top. And hence we locked up VX. Before I finalized I wanted to check out a VX variant as it is. All showrooms had V and ZX only in display. Finally after a few days managed to take a look of a VX vehicle and was convinced. My wife was a bit disappointed with the fabric as they didn’t give the same feel as the leather ones in ZX, which we checked out earlier. But can’t have it all, still we did get so much from the stage when the search for a car started. So no regrets. Coming to the colours, I honestly felt all colours from Honda is boring and I didn’t have any specific colour in mind, but went with White as wife wanted it. We took a test drive (twice from different showrooms) and booked in first week of Sep and vehicle was ready by end of Sep. We took delivery on 5th Oct on account of Vijayadashami.
We had put in OEM car seat covers too, which at least tries to give a look of the leather seats.

Have driven about 1300 kms in just short of 3 months and below are my likes
  • • Great ride comfort. People sitting in rear seat keep telling me how good it is. (Mission accomplished)
  • • Easy to manoeuvre in City. Yes it is. Never felt I am driving a vehicle as big as 4.5 meters. Only when I parking, I get how long is the vehicle
  • • Good Speakers. Haven’t used much, but the quality will satisfy most of the people
  • • Auto dimming IRVM. When I decided on VX variant, I did see this , but never gave much thought. Only when driving I saw how good is it. It must be given as a standard even for smaller cars for the comfort it gives.
  • • Instrument cluster. Very colourful and its so pleasing to see it when driving in the night. The graphics of door open and other warning symbols reminds that you are inside a premium car
  • • CVT is smooth. Recently I travelled in a Diesel AMT, which bothered me the whole trip with the gear shifts. It was like broadcasting to everyone that I am shifting gears now. Comparing to that, CVT is pure bliss.
  • • Tilt and Telescopic steering. Many SUV shaped cars don’t give this (both) adjustment. It definitely gives a good driving position. I wonder how difficult would it have been for me if this feature is missing.
  • • Front defogger. This is very useful during rains. Just a few seconds to clear the windshield, even though the sound is too much.
  • • Paddle Shifters. Upshifting gives nothing to feel, but downshifting makes you smile from ear to ear.
  • • Looks. I know this is subjective. Even my wife likes the 4th Gen more than this, but this 5th gen design has started to grow on me.
Dislikes:
  • • Infotainment system – It is dated with nothing exciting. Its like using a decade old smart phone
  • • Reverse camera. Many have already highlighted, but it gets the job done.
  • • Suspension is too soft for my liking. I can’t feel the road and at higher speeds, not many would like this.
  • • Rear AC vents. Blowers could have been a bit more powerful at the back. Front passenger often gets a request to increase cooling.
  • • Sheet metal quality. A month back I had unknowingly scratched the left rear door in my parking pillar. I was travelling very slowly at 2 kmph to park when this happened. When I came out, was surprised to a dent. The front fenders are very light. Can go in just with less pressure.
  • • Honda as a company in India. This worries me. Engines are Honda’s USP and sadly that is the only one for now.
  • o Designing – they must take a leaf out of Kia on how they design cars. Looks are the primary ones which brings people inside showroom.
o Recently launched WR-V in Indonesia is touted to be introduced in India next. If that is the design they have planned, I am sorry for Honda.
o Cant understand their marketing strategy and how are they positioning their vehicles. With jazz, wr-v and 4th Gen city phasing out, they have only one SUV coming out in 2023 I believe. This is an unbelievable portfolio even for survival, forget the profit zone.
o Dealership experience. It was average at the best. Maruti had a lot of young people and they wanted to please once entered the showroom.

Regards,
Sivabalan
CarCraze is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 16:49   #2829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
The young man got the front rs kit installed, Aozoom bi xenon projector fog lamps, rear reg plate led bulbs, rear bumper diffuser, rear roof spoiler with led brake light & Mugen logos
Can you please share the total price? I specifically like the rear diffuser and would love to get that installed in my City.

Personally, I think your car would have looked better without the chrome bits and RS spoiler. Nevertheless, it is a looker!
shibulijack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 17:46   #2830
BHPian

Mine was V CVT. So recently found the front bumper RS kit available at a place and got it installed. On the same day, switched the R15 6J alloys with R16 7J alloys and moved to the Yokohama 195 wide tyres. The city looks complete now. Still planning to blackout the side mirrors, shark fin antenna and rear spoiler.

Below are some of the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20221217_155125.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20221217_183344__01.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20221217_183315__01__01.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20221222_113706__01.jpg  

saratjyo is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 18:51   #2831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibulijack View Post
Can you please share the total price? I specifically like the rear diffuser and would love to get that installed in my City.

Personally, I think your car would have looked better without the chrome bits and RS spoiler. Nevertheless, it is a looker!
Total bill was 45 k, I know the chrome bits are an eyesore, will be getting it dechromed soon, also will be getting the rear orvm's painted black.

Cheers
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 22:35   #2832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratjyo View Post
Mine was V CVT. So recently found the front bumper RS kit available at a place and got it installed. On the same day, switched the R15 6J alloys with R16 7J alloys and moved to the Yokohama 195 wide tyres. The city looks complete now. Still planning to blackout the side mirrors, shark fin antenna and rear spoiler.

Below are some of the pics.
Looks stunning. You’re making me wish I had bought a red one too

By the way, did the RS kit cost around 45k?
shibulijack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 23:10   #2833
BHPian

I bought them for 13,800 + labour. Below are the items that I got as part of it. I didn't want the kit which has the body claddings. That was costing in 30s.

Below is the kit I got.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img20221216wa0000.jpg  

saratjyo is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 11:54   #2834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Aozoom bi xenon projector fog lamps
Can you please share any installation details or pictures ?, I did a few hours of night drive recently with the city and found it slightly inadequate at higher speeds.

The stock ones don't have the low/high setup so was there any wires cut or was it completely coupler driven install ?
I'm leaning more towards the bi color ones with low / high beam setup, White for regular driving and yellow for fog and low visibility. Please share any info regarding install and preferred brands (I only know iPH and Aozoom)
ashish_sax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 16:03   #2835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Could you please share the contact details of this company. Also what sort of device is plugged into the OBD port in your car. Can you share a picture. Is this device plugged into all Honda City cars?
Apologies for the delayed response, I was tied up with office deliverables. I checked the OBD port, it's actually empty. I have plugged in the OBD module that came along with the Key and now the proximity lock and unlock works flawlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
So basically it offers nothing additional AND it costs Rs. 20k ?
Hey! actually I bought this for 15K. They do negotiate on the price and normally have discount coupons available at all times. I got a text from them stating that currently the Key is going for a sale of 12999/. I was like, I should have waited for some more time.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th December 2022 at 16:34. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Edit/Quote+ functionality to quote multiple posts.
Souvikdwanderer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks