Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2023, 12:24   #2851
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Thank you for sharing the pics. Looks awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJO View Post
1. Nippon LED in low beam - 60w each 6000 kelvin
2. Nippon LED high beam - 60w each 6000 kelvin
3. Philips 16W Led Fog lamps - 6000 kelvin
Let us know how much did it cost. Did you get them installed in Honda service itself?
CarCraze is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 14:10   #2852
BHPian

Dear BHP'ians, need an advice on FOG light upgrade
Most of the 5th Gen City ZX owners will concur with me on the poor throw of STOCK LED fog lamps. It is mediocre at best.
When I looked for options, my reliable aftermarket guy suggested to go for Aozoom FLP1090 or 2090 (projector based) or go for aozoom AZ-1301/1302 (LED got lamp upg)
Problem is for upgrading to a better light source, it comes with a blaster and additional wiring needed. Though we can avoid wire-cutting using scotch lock wire connectors, my dealer service advisor says that even a bit of electrical modification done would mean the vehicle stands to lose the warranty permanently.
Now, I'm caught between devil & deep sea as I'm not comfortable with light throw, but can't upgrade citing warranty anxiety.
Any pointers from those who went ahead and upgraded the FOG lamp setup while in warranty? Should I just trust nature and take the risk with warranty?
Venkatr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 09:28   #2853
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda City continues its dominance:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1553
Size:  22.6 KB

Source: Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 00:27   #2854

Honda brakes: Accelerating your problems

Hi all, I have a Honda City ZX CVT model purchased from Capital Honda, Meenambakkam on December 07,2020. The car has run ~26500kms as of today and has been periodically serviced only at Capital Honda. Below are the issues I faced with the dealership in terms of service quality and customer complaint response.

ISSUE 01:
On 23 December 2022 I went on a road trip from Chennai to Munnar, on the way somewhere between Dindigul-Theni at about 25300-25400kms an unusual noise was heard while braking. While inspecting the front brakes, it was found that the Front LH side disc was damaged (Scratches made by a worn out brake pad were visible). Have attached pictures below.

There were no Honda dealerships nor any car workshops nearby. Since the car was safe to drive with the brakes working when applied, we drove*to reach Munnar. There was no Honda Authorized dealership in Munnar, so a nearby car mechanic was arranged by the Hotel where we stayed to check the brakes and found that brake pads need to be replaced. There are no Honda Genuine parts available within even 100km radius and hence we decide to replace them with Bosch brake pads due to the emergency. The noise was not heard post the brake pad swap and I got in touch with my Service Advisor after I reached Chennai. I was asked to bring the car for inspection and it was carried out on 31st December. The SA requested the car for 3 working days to diagnose and check all the braking components as only the LH side disc had been damaged. Uneven wear was suspected and the diagnosis reports had to be shared to Honda India step by step.

The car was given on 4th January and delivery was promised latest by 7th January. My experience with*the Service provided and the customer dealings of Assistant General Manager, Mr.Sivakumar was unacceptable. The SA informed me on 6th Jan that components related to brakes are working fine and Honda has claimed this to be a normal wear and I will be charged for the replacement of both Pads and discs. There was no uneven wear on the discs as the right side disc had also started wearing out. The LH pad had worn out 0.6mm more than the RH pad and hence the LH disc had visible wear.
The last service was carried out by Capital Honda at 20067kms on July 02, 2022 .In the service report there was no recommendation for pad change or Pads wear out. How can a brake pad be worn out within 5000kms? (The 20k PMS consists of brake pad thickness check) I was not suggested to replace the brake pads nor was it mentioned in the "Recommendations for next service" section in the Service invoice. I had also availed an additional service during the 20k PMS - Brake Overhauling. As per my understanding, this service ensures that the Calipers are cleaned and their actuation gets checked. After doing all this, if the brake pads get worn out and damage the discs before the next service cycle, my assumption is that the dealership didn't check the brakes during the periodical service. I was not ready to pay for the brake discs as it is not a normal a wear and tear part on a car at 26500Kms, that has been regularly serviced at an authorized dealership. I informed the SA regarding the same and also informed that I am ready to bear the expense for the brake pads but not the DISC.

In this era of virtual discussions and deliberations, The manager wanted me to meet him in person for a discussion and was reluctant to have it over a call. I firmly told him that I would not be able to do so as I reside 22kms away and have other commitments. During the first call, he asked me sometime so that he could find the Job card used during the 20k kms service to know the exact thickness that was available. The manager informed me to pay for the repair to take delivery for now as they couldn't find the job card and promised to reimburse the amount if the mistake was from their side, which can only be known if they find the job card.
I made it clear to the manager that this wear on DISC is not normal and this has to be changed under warranty/goodwill. But he was not willing to listen to my point as Honda has claimed this to be normal wear. He also said that this wear could have happened due to the new Bosch brake pads ,This argument was without any logic as a new Bosch Replacement brake Pad for the same HONDA city model can scar a metal disc. He was arguing without knowing the background of the problem that the replacement was done in Emergency due to pad wear out. Mr.Sivakumar said that the Brake Overhauling service I had availed has absolutely nothing to do with the brake pads and discs, this shows that he lacks Technical knowledge. As a customer, I expected a more mature and polite way of discussing and handling customer complaints. Fed up with his arguments, I had no other option but to pay for the repair and leave. The service team at Capital Honda has been searching for job card since 7th Jan 11am and it is yet to be found. Interestingly, they have found job cards upto 6th July.
I firmly believe that Honda genuine parts do not fail so quickly on a car that has been serviced as per Honda norms. I have been a Honda customer since 2007. This is my 3rd Honda City and had used the previous City ('09 3rd Gen) for 12 years before upgrading to the 5th Gen City. I have never faced this kind of failure on a Honda product in the past.

ISSUE 02:
The vehicle's bonnet release lever had broken one fine day when I tried to open it. My SA informed that it would be replaced under warranty as the lever and cable set has been updated. Probably a common issue or an early rectification by Honda. Anyways fellow 5th Gen city owners, do not panic if the bonnet lever is broken when the car is under warranty.
So this replacement was also carried out during the same 3 days (4th-7th Jan). While checking the new bonnet lever, I noticed that the lever worked fine (smooth operation unlike the previous hard pull open type) but the bonnet had a play of about 3 mm after getting latched. The technician claimed this to be normal when I was very sure that my car did not have this play while handing over the car on 4th Jan. So, we verified the same with other Honda city 5th gen parked at the dealership and only then the*technician agreed this to be abnormal. Infact when I first checked with a brand new city that came from the yard, it did not have any play nor space to slide in a finger. To this he told me that the play would come eventually in this car as well once it starts running. So I took him to their test drive vehicle and a few other Citys' that came up for PMS only to conclude that the bonnet play in my car was abnormal and a fault from their side. This shows the dealerships' ignorance and unethical behaviour. I had to argue and prove to the service team for even making them accept a fault of theirs, which any trained technician could easily identify.

ISSUE 03:

When I took delivery on 7th Jan, I observed scratches and paint peeled off on the Front left bumper. The inventory pictures taken by the SA and myself makes it clear that the damage had happened due to mishandling at the dealership. To attend to this new issue Mr.Sivakumar showed up and asked me to claim insurance as there was another mark caused by a bike earlier. My car is ceramic coated and the mark which was present earlier would not require repainting as it was a paint transfer unlike this case. Once I made this clear he agreed to repaint the bumper free of cost and I would have to leave the car again on another day to fix the bonnet issues and to repaint. I also never came across an argumentative Manager without any respect for the customer's trust in Honda, a customer who is loyal to this brand City for the past 15 years with 3rd replacement

The above issues show how poorly a customer is treated at this dealership, their unwillingness to accept a mistake and unprofessionalism from Technician level a upto the AGM. I have been Capital Honda's customer since 2007 and this is how I was treated when I raised a complaint. I have decided not to take my vehicle to them anymore.

I have sent out a mail last night stating all this to the CR-Head, Capital Honda and also Customer relations, Honda India. I will update this thread if I get any solution or action taken by Honda India or the dealership.

Thanks for reading!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1673289364723.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1673289364707.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1673289364694.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1673289364683.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1673289364672.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1673289438139.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Service Invoice_20KPMS.pdf (3.76 MB, 105 views)
the_autopsyche is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 10:27   #2855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatr View Post
Dear BHP'ians, need an advice on FOG light upgrade
Most of the 5th Gen City ZX owners will concur with me on the poor throw of STOCK LED fog lamps. It is mediocre at best.
When I looked for options, my reliable aftermarket guy suggested to go for Aozoom FLP1090 or 2090 (projector based) or go for aozoom AZ-1301/1302 (LED got lamp upg)
Problem is for upgrading to a better light source, it comes with a blaster and additional wiring needed. Though we can avoid wire-cutting using scotch lock wire connectors, my dealer service advisor says that even a bit of electrical modification done would mean the vehicle stands to lose the warranty permanently.
Now, I'm caught between devil & deep sea as I'm not comfortable with light throw, but can't upgrade citing warranty anxiety.
Any pointers from those who went ahead and upgraded the FOG lamp setup while in warranty? Should I just trust nature and take the risk with warranty?
I have upgraded my wheels to 205/55/16 on oem rims, have also upgraded the sound system with components speakers, amplifier, subwoofer. Have upgraded the fog lamps as well to aozoom bi xenons, which have been the the best investment so far.

Now coming to the warranty bit, months back I was facing a humming sound from the right front wheel above 80kmph, car was kept at service centre for a good 10 days and finnaly it was diagnosed to faulty wheel bearing which was replaced under warranty. Neither did the service advisor bug me nor did i have to pester him for the same. In my opinion if a dealer wants to reject a claim they can on any whimsical reason. However changing the fog lights cannot void the warranty of the entire car, how will changing the fog lights have an impact on, engine, tansmission etc is not logical. Just run a separate wiring harness for the fog lights and dont try and connect to the oem couplers as oem couplers dont fit on the aozoom lights. Then if anyone asks you simply show them that no oem wiring has been touched.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 14:08   #2856

Hi All,
I have a 2022 Honda City 5th Generation (V MT variant) in Meteoroid Gray color. I wish to upgrade all the halogen bulbs to LED. based on the posts, I presume OSRAM LEDs are the most cost effective and have shortlisted the following:

Low Beam: https://www.amazon.in/Osram-45210CW-.../dp/B08L93GX5K
High Beam: https://www.amazon.in/Osram-HB3-4900.../dp/B08L91VQY6
Fog light: https://www.amazon.in/OSRAM-46211CW-.../dp/B08L91YL5F
Cabin/ Boot/ Number plate Light:https://www.amazon.in/Osram-LED-2825.../dp/B08GFPNC8Q

I have the following queries:
1. Have I selected the correct bulbs?
2. How is the review of OSRAM LEDs? What is the typical tenure they last?
anup_ssharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 15:19   #2857
LJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCraze View Post
Thank you for sharing the pics. Looks awesome.

Let us know how much did it cost. Did you get them installed in Honda service itself?
Thanks
LEDs were installed after market but just plug and play, rest mostly all wired accessories are from Honda.
Costing:
Nippon Leds - ₹6,000 each low & high beam = ₹12,000.
Honda genuine perforated Seat Covers = ₹11,000
Aries Speakers after market = ₹14,500 for speakers and cupplers, rain guard, fitting ₹1,500
Damping three layers = ₹10,000 (12 sheets), I think I was conned
Honda genuine scuff plates = ₹4,500
Bumper guard and chrome garnish (Honda Genuine) = ₹4,500 (paint cost for bumper guard is also included I got to know later on)
Dicky Matt = ₹1,600 (GFX - Galio)
Bosch Horn - ₹750

New additions today only (19/01/2023):
Honda gennuine leg room lamp - ₹4,500 (front and rear)
Honda genuine roof end visor/spoiler - ₹4,000

Visors (GFX) , neck cushions (Autofurnish), armrest cushion, 2 key covers, shades - were installed from one shop where I gave in all ₹3,500.

Let me know any accessory or mod which you think can be the next step for my car!

Drive safe and responsibly
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230119_120139.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230119_122009.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230119_120108.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230119_120313.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230119_120331.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230119_120356.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th January 2023 at 16:09. Reason: Max two smileys per post please. Thank you.
LJO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 15:39   #2858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_autopsyche View Post
Honda brakes: Accelerating your problems

The above issues show how poorly a customer is treated at this dealership, their unwillingness to accept a mistake and unprofessionalism from Technician level a upto the AGM. I have been Capital Honda's customer since 2007 and this is how I was treated when I raised a complaint. I have decided not to take my vehicle to them anymore.
I too have not so good experience with Capital Honda (though its OMR branch for me). The service guys didn't treat my car good and left with scratches, yet they don't accept that its their mistake. I am also trying to find a good service center. Let this forum know if you find one good enough and also if you get any response for your mails to Honda
CarCraze is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 16:29   #2859
LJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
The city has been sitting idle mostly for the last 5 months and has barely clocked 1k kms in that period, hence decided to put it up for sale, however after recieving some mind numbing offers decided to just let it sit. My younger brother who is in town after 3 years for the holidays decided to bring some holiday cheer into the city's life albeit at the expense of my wallet!
Hello bro, been following your upgrades. Looks awesome.

1. Can you please tell where did you get the rear bumper diffuser from, how was it installed and costing.
2. What is the cost for Aozoom projector fog lamps and fog lamp housing - was any wire/body part cut for projectors?
3. 205/55 R16 tyres and stickers cost.

I will get all the three done on mine as well

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th January 2023 at 16:30.
Old 19th January 2023, 17:06   #2860
LJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Great reading about your experience and the fun you have had with your upgrade.

There is no doubt about the Honda City and the sales numbers show the same.

Nice upgrades too. Did you get the fog light upgrade done at the Dealer, What about warranty issues because I was told the warranty on electrical will be void if anything is changed.

Are these Philips LED fog lamps original dealer fitment and is warranty not impacted by these changes.

Please share some pictures of the Fog lamps. Did you change the entire assembly or just the LED bulbs.

Enjoy your car, It's a wonderful machine.
Thank you so much!

The philips LED fog lamps were just plug and play so no issues with the warranty, also the wattage (16w LEDs) is in par with the recommendation by Honda i.e. 19w. It was just removing the old halogens and placing the new LEDs without any changes to housing or wiring of the fog lamps. I got the LEDs from offline store but which was recommended by philips for authenticity and got it installed from a local mechanic.

If you really want a good throw - go for the projectors in the fog lamps, I have seen a lot of positive reviews about them. Because philips 16w LEDs in comparison to stock 19w philip halogens has increased the brightness only by 20 to 30%. I am not sure about the warranty part in case of projectors in fog lamps.

Attaching pictures for your reference!

Enjoy yourself too!

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-3.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-4.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-5.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-6.jpg

Hello fam,

Got some accessories installed today:

1. Honda genuine leg room lamps front and rear.
2. Honda genuine roof end visor spoiler.

Leg room lamps are not too bright like chinese lights after market and looks super elegant.

Looking to get a rear bumper diffuser and bi-projector fog lamps (aozoom) with RS fog lamp kit installed soon, let me know what you guys think about it.

Enjoy the pics!

Drive safe and responsibly!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220812_201222.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th January 2023 at 17:46. Reason: back to back posts merged
LJO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 09:45   #2861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJO View Post
Hello bro, been following your upgrades. Looks awesome.

1. Can you please tell where did you get the rear bumper diffuser from, how was it installed and costing.
2. What is the cost for Aozoom projector fog lamps and fog lamp housing - was any wire/body part cut for projectors?
3. 205/55 R16 tyres and stickers cost.

I will get all the three done on mine as well

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Hi,
My brother got it done at Monster rohini, i was not there myself so cannot help with how it was mounted. Cost of the diffuser was i guess 3k or maybe 6 not sure on it the total bill was 45k.

The fogs were approx 17k i guess, and no wiring was cut, they used a separate harness for the kit.

The 205/55/16 michelins were installed the day it came out of the showroom, buyback for oem tyres was 5.5k each, and michelins were 9k a piece in 2020.

Stickering was 4500/- for set of 4

Hope that helps

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 20th January 2023 at 09:47.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 16:18   #2862
BHPian

FE of 25.1 kmpl

I managed to achieve a FE of 25.1 kmpl for 52 kms. It was on low traffic 4-lane roads with CC set at 75 to 70 kmph. The aircon was off and it was a solo drive.

After it showed 24.9, I set the CC to 58 kmph to nudge it to 25+ kmpl.

I am still yet to beat this record here on tbhp! https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5409069 (The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62)
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230109_25_1.jpg  

manim is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 12:24   #2863
BHPian

Update after 10000 kms, 3rd service, niggles and resolutions

Finally done 10000 kms on Honda city CVT, completed third service yesterday.

Problems faced in one year ownership

1) Left tyre sidewall damage due to pothole - I am using Michiline primacy 4ST. After one month of usage due to low lighting car hit a pot hole at 80-90 kmph and next thing i heard was hissing sound from left front tyre. Changed to spare tyre and continued journey, luckily no mishaps. Visited Michiline store and as per expectation no warranty or good will considered. Total damage to the pocket 9500 rs plus wheel balancing.

2) Sound from front windshield glass - I have mentioned it previously on this forum and it was fixed with double tape and it’s holding up pretty well

3) Panel gap near right front door - On 31st December we were planning for party and my friend was standing against the right side panel infront of door, I tried to open door and felt some obstruction and suddenly panel bent inside. Showed to ASC, they fixed it but some gap still remains. They acknowledged that panel is very thin sir be careful next time before you put weight.

4 ) Dash cam - Had purchased DDPI mini from Amazon at 3500 rs plus memory card 1200rs and used it for one month or so but app is so buggy that eventually got fed up and removed it and kept it in glove box. Planning to give it another try in near future.

5) Scratches and dents- Its my daily use car so as expected over one year car has accumulated many small scratches and one big scratches on left side door. ASC was ready to change door under insurance but I don’t want colour mismatch on my car at present and want to preserve original paint.

6) Ceramic Coat- Got great offer from my local mechanic and got ceramic done for 7500 Rs with one year warranty. Swirl marks and minor scratches have gone completely only door dent is remaining.

7) Steering vibrations- Started to get steering vibrations at 6500 kms and got checked with ASC, after two long test drives they acknowledged and agreed to change right front shocks. During third service they changed right front shocks. Done wheel balancing and alignment after changing shocks and no more vibrations

Till now my experience with ASC is very good, they acknowledge the problems when reported and promptly do the work. Third service with oil change and shocks change plus door panel alignment costed 4037 Rs. Changed my insurance to bajaj allianz from honda assure, it costed 25000 rs.

Likes and dislikes-

Likes- Love the way car looks from side and front, seat comfort and space is best in class. Response from ASC is good. Long drives are less tiresome and family loves back seat.

Dislikes-
Soft suspension gives wobbly feeling when driven above 120 kmph on highways.
Build quality is not very great, i know many will raise eyebrows as its safe car but door panels and few places metal is very thin. Car rattles when driven on bad roads
Mileage is city is 8-9 kmpl even you drive nicely, expected atleast 10-11 kmpl
Headlights and fog lamps are not adequate on ill lit highways, planning to upgrade Fogs in due course.

Thanks for reading.
Neurodoc is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 13:05   #2864
LJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Hi,
My brother got it done at MR, i was not there myself so cannot help with how it was mounted. Cost of the diffuser was i guess 3k or maybe 6 not sure on it the total bill was 45k.

The fogs were approx 17k i guess, and no wiring was cut, they used a separate harness for the kit.

The 205/55/16 michelins were installed the day it came out of the showroom, buyback for oem tyres was 5.5k each, and michelins were 9k a piece in 2020.

Stickering was 4500/- for set of 4

Hope that helps
Thanks man! I went to the store and for the time being got only the RS lip spoiler installed. Got to know later on that it would have costed a 1k rupees less if I would have inquired at other shops
But no worries, maybe the spoiler would have not been of the same quality and the work was done very nicely by their team!
Will visit again in near future to get installed the rear diffuser and projector fog lamps.
I have used my tyres for nearly about 29k kms, so thinking of getting them changed after another 10k kms, but thanks for the details!The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230122_115846.jpg

Enjoy the pics!

Drive safe and responsibly.
LJO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 13:08   #2865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post

1) Left tyre sidewall damage due to pothole - I am using Michiline primacy 4ST. After one month of usage due to low lighting car hit a pot hole at 80-90 kmph and next thing i heard was hissing sound from left front tyre. Changed to spare tyre and continued journey, luckily no mishaps. Visited Michiline store and as per expectation no warranty or good will considered. Total damage to the pocket 9500 rs plus wheel balancing.

2) Sound from front windshield glass - I have mentioned it previously on this forum and it was fixed with double tape and it’s holding up pretty well
I have faced both these issues. The sidewall damage happened on my stock bridgestones on the highway. I also have this sound from windshield but surprisingly it is intermitent and comes only on concrete roads with uneven surfaces (for e.g. mumbai pune expressway), so i have decided to live with it for the moment rather than tinker with the car.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks