Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2023, 16:26   #2911
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learner View Post
Does not look like actual car. Seems someone rendered these images. It is too similar to current car.
Definitely is. It was up there on Honda's website for the ICE City(virtual showroom page) before being reinstated to the current model. The blue colour wasn't showing up though. I checked it right after motordev posted it on the forum and saw the new model. After about 5 minutes it was gone. looked great to me!
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 17:41   #2912
Senior - BHPian

Couple of observations - Alloy wheels removed from base variant, chrome door handles added, fog lamps removed?

Last edited by Latheesh : 18th February 2023 at 17:44.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 17:43   #2913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Couple of observations - Alloy wheels removed from base variant, chrome door handle added, fog lamps removed?
Yes, fog lamps are removed from vx too.
There aren't much changes to the interior which is a bit dissapointing.
Old 18th February 2023, 17:56   #2914
BHPian

Honda City Facelift Official Images

Hello This is my first thread so please bear if I made few mistakes. I Joined TeamBhp a day ago.

Today, I was randomly scrolling through the Honda website. When I clicked the vr expirence icon. The page loaded and showed the facelifted city. Now they removed it and brought back the old city. But thankfully I clicked few screenshots of the facelifted city.

Here are the images:
I guess the touchscreen now supports wireless connectivity,
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230217_032200.png

Front
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_010207.png

Left side
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_010300.png

Right side
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_010319.png

Back
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_010330.png

Interior
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_010425.png

ZX
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_011426.png

VX
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_011440.png

V
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20230218_011450.png

V variant now loses alloy wheels and fog lamps. Chrome door handles are added. VX loses foglamps too. ZX and VX get new alloy wheels.

On the interior:
There are still no adjustable headrests for the people at back.
NO ventilated seats
Wireless charging might be provided with wireless connectivity too.

So overall this is the new city. Even though exterior looks better now, expected more from Honda in terms of interiors as the competitors get way more features.

Keep revvin,
MotorDev
MotorDev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 18:17   #2915
BHPian

Going by the images the sunroof seems to be a standard fitment now available across all variants. Also, was anyone able to zoom in and around in the interior to see if they've added the electric park brake with brake hold?
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 18:27   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
Going by the images the sunroof seems to be a standard fitment now available across all variants. Also, was anyone able to zoom in and around in the interior to see if they've added the electric park brake with brake hold?
Nope the city does not get electric parkbrake and auto hold in any variants.
Old 18th February 2023, 18:52   #2917
Senior - BHPian

Interesting, a different grille+air dam for different variants. Daresay the one on the lower variants looks nicer. But with steelies on the lowest variant, the rumoured 1L+ price increase could be suicidal.

Hope the local one gets a GNCAP rating at/before launch, especially after the unexceptional (for a Honda) performance of its predecessor last year. I've long maintained that it would be a big reputation boost for Honda that they should consider investing in.

I really wish it had a new entertainment system. And the lovely greyish Cosmic Blue available in Brazil, rather than this one.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot-20230218-6.21.29-pm.png
(Pic via Honda Automoveis Brasil)

Last edited by ron178 : 18th February 2023 at 18:58.
ron178 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 17:52   #2918
BHPian

Honda City 5th gen owner since Nov 2021 with around 10,000 kms here (ZX Petrol CVT). I mainly bought this for city use, because every other car we considered had a waiting period during that time and with offers this was about 4-5 lakhs cheaper than the SUV rivals.

Here are my top 20 observations in no particular order.
  1. The build quality, fit and finish of interiors are VERY poor compared to similar priced cars.
  2. The whole thing rattles so much. The main culprits for me are dashboard, headliner and sunroof, all of which rattles so much.
  3. I understand this isn't a luxury car, but nothing has rubber or felt lining so that also adds to the rattling.
  4. LED Headlights also shake and you can see it dancing during the night while driving. I've seen similar reports here on the forum.
  5. The leather seats are an exception to the poor build quality theme, they're very comfortable and are well made (the brochure says it's leather and not leatherette, don't know if it's true).
  6. Getting in and out isn't very easy and my head always hits against the frame. I'm around 5'11".
  7. Headroom in front and back is very poor.
  8. The infotainment system feels like its from a budget 5 lakh car. It's also not very visible in bright sunlight.
  9. Digital / analog combo instrument panel is good actually and has enough information. However the glass (plastic) on it scratches so easily and now looks ugly.
  10. The 8 speaker system sounds decent and could have benefitted from a small subwoofer.
  11. Rear camera plain sucks. Quality and functionality both are terrible. It doesn't have moving guidelines.
  12. Love the auto up / down windows on all 4 sides.
  13. The rear windshield sunshade is great, wish it came on rear doors as well.
  14. I also like the unlock sensors on doors and the walk away locks.
  15. AC works great, but I feel like cabin temperature sensor isn't calibrated properly as it will get COLD at 25c.
  16. The engine and gearbox combo is slouch. I haven't bought a naturally aspirated engine car since 2012 and this is my first CVT. They both sucks the joy out of driving. This will also be my last NA and/or CVT.
  17. Fuel economy I'm struggling to get it to double digits in the city (Kochi, Kerala).
  18. Ride is comfy but handling is pretty bad for a sedan that used to be a driver's car.
  19. I actually don't find the cabin noise a big issue, honestly it's fine for me with tires upgraded to Michelin Primacy 205 55 R16.
  20. Honda Connect never works properly and sometimes it just doesn't connect to the car. The app also is poorly designed with limited functionality. Such a subpar experience when compared to Kia Connect.

All said and done, if I had to redo this all over again, I'll choose one of the 20 lakh compact SUVs. I honestly regret buying this car and will sell once I get an opportunity.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but as a first gen Honda City VTEC owner, the tryst after 25 years has been very, let's say unromantic.
inwester is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 23:11   #2919
BHPian

Hi all,

Any pointers to good body cover and door scuff plates for 5th generation city? Online or in NCR..

Cheers
Old 20th February 2023, 11:48   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Can feel every word you have mentioned, poor build quality, lot of rattling and poor fuel economy. Just using the car occasionally now a days, hoping to give it to my wife and purchase SUV for myself in near future

Last edited by vb-saan : 26th February 2023 at 07:15. Reason: For ease of reading, please avoid quoting the full long post. Thank you!
Old 21st February 2023, 02:34   #2921
LJO

Hello bhpians,

Thinking of getting installed "cardi K3 ambient lights 6 pieces" (only dash and door panels) in my city vx (2020).

Any suggestions that what needs to be taken care of while installation, it would be very helpful as I am newbie for this.
What should be the ideal way of getting the lights powered so that warranty also stays.

If anyone has got it installed in their city kindly share the installation process and the experience so far.

Drive safe and responsibly!
Old 21st February 2023, 10:38   #2922

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Honda City 5th gen owner since Nov 2021 with around 10,000 kms here (ZX Petrol CVT). I mainly bought this for city use, because every other car we considered had a waiting period during that time and with offers this was about 4-5 lakhs cheaper than the SUV rivals.

I have the same exact car, the same vintage, and have done exactly about the same kilometers as you. And echo your sentiments for the most part. However, all the negative points other than 2 and 3 were kind of known to me before the purchase decision- so I would not really put that on Honda. The consistently inconsistent rattling all over, really really bothers me. One observation is it rattles more consistently when the whole body is hot (i.e. parked under direct hot sun for say 3 to 4 hours). The rear windshield sunshade, which is definitely one of the positives of the car, is also the source of some rattles (when not fixed properly).

Hindsight is 20-20, they say. Net-net, looking back- I also wouldn't buy this car, if I had to redo this all over again.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st February 2023 at 11:08. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
congruent.cars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 10:52   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy View Post
Hi all,

Any pointers to good body cover and door scuff plates for 5th generation city? Online or in NCR..

Cheers
I got the illuminated door scuff guards from Honda original accessories. They look good and I would recommend that. I think I paid around 5-6k and got it installed on all 4 doors at the dealership itself, along with front sensors with switch (total was 13,500, I just don't have the break up).
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 11:06   #2924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy View Post
Hi all,

Cheers
I got a car cover from Coverwell basis the reviews on our forums and other social media. They have a small setup in Malviya Nagar and I dropped by to pick it up. Met the owner there and while he did not have the cover I was looking for in stock, he mobilized his team to make one on the spot. They were done with cutting, stitching and riveting in about 30 mins! Fits beautifully and is worth the price tag.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-covers-6.html (Review: Coverwell car covers)

Last edited by revverend : 21st February 2023 at 11:08.
revverend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 00:45   #2925
BHPian

Got Hella Chrome Trumpet installed last week. The results are exactly what I wanted. The stock horn is very weak and people barely notice it. The sound itself was very shrill and a bit unpleasant to hear in my opinion. I wanted to go the DIY route but ultimately had to go to an accessories shop as I did not want to mess with electricals about which I have 0 knowledge. Got it installed at https://goo.gl/maps/BoLGwwP4gUrognr37 , pretty decent shop. It cost me Rs. 1750 all inclusive. It is cheaper on Amazon - https://www.amazon.in/Hella-00772888...cx_mr_hp_atf_m. No relay was installed. Installation took just 10 minutes in all. One funny thing, the technician who was attending to my car was trying to pry the bumper open from the wheel well but was having problems in doing so. I told him that there's no need for doing that. I opened the bonnet, opened the tabs with a flat head screwdriver and removed the trim piece. He chuckled and then proceeded. It sounds really good and even better in tunnels and other enclosed areas. Some pictures and a video for a better understanding -

The weak stock Minda horn. No Cooper, these are not your treats.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20230222_231401.jpg

The packaging

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20230222_231430.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20230222_231442.jpg

410Hz and 510Hz

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20230222_230949.jpg

Not noticeable from the outside

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20230222_230958.jpg

Had to remove the stock bracket as there wasn't enough space.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20230222_231004.jpg
Yash390 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed