Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2023, 17:38   #2941
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learner View Post
By the way, how was the experience on the new expressway? Is it really worthy for the tag of expressway? Or is it just like Meerut expressway which is worse than regular old highways?
Would love to know about this too. I have a trip planned for mid of march to Jaipur
Old 1st March 2023, 18:28   #2942
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Upgraded 185/55 stock (Ecopia) tyres on my ZX almost immediately after car delivery to 195/55 Bridgestone Sturdo, which is the relatively new range from Bridgestone claiming to have 29% more tyre life over their earlier B290s. First impressions, car seems more planted, better braking and somewhat lesser noise.

cheers
MountainGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 13:01   #2943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddj38 View Post
Would love to know about this too. I have a trip planned for mid of march to Jaipur
Quote:
By the way, how was the experience on the new expressway? Is it really worthy for the tag of expressway? Or is it just like Meerut expressway which is worse than regular old highways?
I shared some experiences from my drive at the link here (Delhi-Mumbai expressway to reduce travel time by 12 hours).

Quote:
Ofcourse. Bajaj Allianz will cover this. It total bill amount for this will be around 10,000. Insurance will cover it. If you have zero dep then you only need to pay 1000.
So regarding the cracked windscreen - I gave my car on Monday, the surveyor came yesterday since the Feb-end closing was going on. Got a message from the body shop manager regarding fitment being done today, and I should be able to collect it soon. My conversation with him sparked a few doubts:
  1. He mentioned getting the Fastag reissued. Since it is from ICICI, I think I should be able to get another Fastag sticker linked to the same account right?
  2. Also, the high-security sticker (with the registration number) also needs to be taken again. I have no clue regarding the process, and he mentioned it is needed from the RTO. Anyone has ideas/has done this before and can guide me?

Lastly, with summer around the corner, can someone recommend good sunshades for the door windows that allow for visibility (side-mirrors and general visibility) and yet block out a decent amount of sunlight?
Unlike the Seltos, the rear 2 doors do not come with inbuilt sun shades so will have to buy a set for all 4 doors.
LordSpymaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 13:34   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
can someone recommend good sunshades for the door windows that allow for visibility (side-mirrors and general visibility) and yet block out a decent amount of sunlight?
Unlike the Seltos, the rear 2 doors do not come with inbuilt sun shades so will have to buy a set for all 4 doors.
I got a set of 4 from Karol bagh for 200-250. Works great
Siddj38 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 14:27   #2945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddj38 View Post
I got a set of 4 from Karol bagh for 200-250. Works great
Can you share a photo of how they look or anything similar online?
Old 2nd March 2023, 15:41   #2946

I initially purchased it from Amazon and returned it due to quality and fitment issues.

Then, I got it from a Delhi-based sunshade manufacturer. It costed me around 1500 for 4 magnetic sunshades (the front ones are half in size for rearview missor visibility). However, the fitment and quality is next level. I don't have any picture but you can go with my word.

Contact Yash Jatwani at 9958921057
Jayant2080 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 08:58   #2947
BHPian

Quote:
Can you share a photo of how they look or anything similar online?
Unfortunately I don't have the access to the car right now but they are the ones which fit in between the window frame (non magnetic). I prefer these are magnetic ones temd to scratch the frame overtime

They are half at the front so the mirrors are still visible.

I'll suggest getting the cheap ones as these tend to fade in about a year or so anyway but since they are cheap, you can replace them without a thought
Siddj38 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 12:30   #2948
BHPian

Quote:
Also, the high-security sticker (with the registration number) also needs to be taken again. I have no clue regarding the process, and he mentioned it is needed from the RTO. Anyone has ideas/has done this before and can guide me?
Can someone help me with the above? Essentially, I am curious whether the 2 stickers (in the image below) are an "essential legal requirement" or am I fine if I don't have these on my newly replaced windscreen?

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230304_164433.jpg
Old 6th March 2023, 17:30   #2949
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help me with the above? Essentially, I am curious whether the 2 stickers (in the image below) are an "essential legal requirement" or am I fine if I don't have these on my newly replaced windscreen?
The non-polluting sticker is not a law requirement. But the other one is. I too removed it by mistake. Though I don't think MVD checks for these and I have seen many new vehicles without that.
sreerknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 10:08   #2950
BHPian

Honda Stops Synthetic Oil now only Synthetic 2.0

Wanted to share this and quite forgot about it after my 4th Service. In the 3rd service I’d used Synthetic oil. When I went for the 4th service and requested the same as per my HCMP, I was told that Honda has stopped Synthetic oil and only Synthetic 2.0 oil is available. I was worried that I’d have to now to shell out more money for the cost difference. But was told that due to my HCMP I don’t have to pay any extra and Synthetic 2.0 oil will be used.

One good thing is that even though I had bought HCMP for synthetic oil, I’m now eligible for Synthetic 2.0 for 5th Service too if Synthetic oil is unavailable then.

Good job Honda, taking care of customers. Unfortunately, HCMP is now not available. And there is no option to renew also. Honda should re-introduce this option.

Regards,
Lsjey
Old 11th March 2023, 05:42   #2951
BHPian

How can we turn off the car to accessory mode? In a traffic stop, if i press on the ignition button it turns off the car completely.

In my previous car, when i used to turn off the ignition (key based) the ICE unit would remain on but the engine would shut off. Do we have something equivalent to this in a push button start stop system?
Old 11th March 2023, 07:57   #2952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth93 View Post
How can we turn off the car to accessory mode? In a traffic stop, if i press on the ignition button it turns off the car completely.
In a CVT, while pressing the on/off button when the gear is NOT in P mode, enables the accessory mode. Not sure how is it in a manual
CarCraze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 11:14   #2953
BHPian

Hi everyone,
Changed my honda city horn to Bosch symphony. Brought pair of horns from Amazon at 600 rs odd, went to local mechanic and changed. It took 15-20 min, there was some problem with earthing but it was sorted by connecting wire with lug connectors.

Next i am planning to use Roger abd suspension boosters for those soft suspensions. Any opinions or advice before i place order.
Old 17th March 2023, 10:56   #2954
BHPian

Quote:
An update on this for those who are interested or may be facing this situation in the future. Fellow TeamBHPian (@Learner) DMed me the number of the person at Ring Road Honda (Gurgaon) who is usually responsible for getting the stickers sorted. I spoke to him and he arranged it within 3 hours. Got it fixed yesterday, and paid 500 for it.

Many thanks to @Learner for helping me out with this!
LordSpymaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 12:37   #2955
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am experiencing one of the worst service for my less than a year old Honda City at Dakshin Honda, Mysore Road Bangalore.

The rear passenger door had a minor denting work to be done and the car is in the service center for over 25 days and no work has been done yet. The worst is their service advisor who never updates nor takes the call. I'm now in a limbo and want to escalate.

I can't help but compare the service I have received at Tata Motors for my Hexa for the last 5 years is absolutely stellar. I never thought I could go wrong with a Honda.

Please guide me how to escalate my issues so I can get my car back at the earliest.

Thanks

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th March 2023 at 14:06. Reason: Minor typo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks