Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2020, 17:34   #376
BANNED

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Upcoming Honda City's lower variant's interior images surfaced on the internet. Seems like Honda is offering AT on lower variants too, if true, it will be a game changer in the segment.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2020hondacityinteriorbaseversion2.jpg
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2020hondacityinteriorbaseversion11068x641.jpg

wheelguy is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 17:45   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
It's the sunroof . Not the headrest . They're advertising the sunroof.

Does panaromic sunroof costs a lot more than a normal sunroof? Panaromic should be the way to go, as the normal one is really tiny and doesnt really give the feel.
Old 21st April 2020, 18:04   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Upcoming Honda City's lower variant's interior images surfaced on the internet. Seems like Honda is offering AT on lower variants too, if true, it will be a game changer in the segment.
My guess is that this isn't the India spec City, why ? Because,

1. Honda will not offer Black interiors for India

2. Current (4th Gen) City had CVT option in V,VX,ZX trims. These 3 trims will be offered in new 5th Gen City. Base SV will likely be ignored this time.

3. Thailand Spec City has similar interiors as above in the non RS version. It is offered with All Black Interiors, Non Touchscreen HU, No Cruise Control, etc to name a few. On outside it gets Projector Headlamps, while RS gets LED.

4. The V Trim in current City has Digipad 2.0, Cruise Control, Beige Interiors, etc. Highly unlikely that Honda will be deleting them in new model.

So, this may be a Thailand Spec City which someone might have posted as Lower Spec Indian City.

In another few weeks, we should be able to know everything about new City.
CarguyNish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 18:13   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Does panaromic sunroof costs a lot more than a normal sunroof? Panaromic should be the way to go, as the normal one is really tiny and doesnt really give the feel.

Yes they're more expensive and also more difficult to maintain. Don't hold your breath that we will get it on the city. Honestly sunroof's are desirable but 99% of the people don't use it, although they still want it as it is perceived to be a luxury product. I have it and I open it and drive whenever possible but I know many who don't even open it.
M00M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 18:30   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
...Why is it so though? Are the Jazz and Amaze overpriced there?
Not sure about the Amaze but Jazz in international markets is basically a City minus boot. It comes with the 1.5L iVtec, magic seats and all other features. It's fully loaded unlike india wherein we get a watered down version

So no, it's not really overpriced compared to the City there.

Last edited by SoumenD : 21st April 2020 at 18:54.
SoumenD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 00:07   #381
BHPian

Has Honda India announced a tentative launch date for the City?
Old 5th May 2020, 18:17   #382
Senior - BHPian

Honda Civic Type R and NSX inspired body kits for Honda City.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-smartselect_20200505181353_chrome.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-smartselect_20200505181407_chrome.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-smartselect_20200505181424_chrome.jpg

Source : Autocar India
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 19:51   #383
Senior - BHPian

I'd take the wing from the red car, paint it white and stick it on the white NSX kit car. The red type r kit looks tacky.
Old 8th May 2020, 14:26   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

New Honda City to get all-new 1.5 petrol engine

High-tech twin cam petrol unit is expected to be the engine of choice for the bulk of buyers.

Quote:
the new City will be offered with both petrol and diesel engines. While the 100hp, 1.5-litre diesel unit will be carried over all but unchanged from the current car - barring the update to make it BS6-compliant - the petrol engine will be new.
Quote:
It will continue to be naturally-aspirated and is likely to have a similar capacity as the outgoing one; 1,498cc, as against the current engine's 1,497cc. But that's where the similarities end. The new engine gets a whole new architecture, enhanced technology and new systems that allow it to deliver a broader spread of power, but without sacrificing Honda's famed high engine speed performance.
Quote:
The biggest difference is that the new Honda City will be the first in India to get a twin-cam or Double Overhead Camshaft (DOHC) setup.
Quote:
the new City is expected to see advances in the areas of performance and efficiency. This is not apparent if you look at the basic specifications. Peak power is actually only marginally higher, moving from 119hp to 121hp, but Honda insiders we've spoken to say the new engine makes more power at lower engine speeds and in the rest of the powerband.
Quote:
with the new twin-cam engine, Honda will have greater flexibility when it comes to valve timing, valve overlap and a smooth build up of torque
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th May 2020 at 14:31.
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 14:43   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
My guess is that this isn't the India spec City, why ? Because,

3. Thailand Spec City has similar interiors as above in the non RS version. It is offered with All Black Interiors, Non Touchscreen HU, No Cruise Control, etc to name a few. On outside it gets Projector Headlamps, while RS gets LED.

So, this may be a Thailand Spec City which someone might have posted as Lower Spec Indian City.
Possible & quite logical too. But - is the previous gen (current gen India spec) City still made & sold in Thailand? The car looking towards this new City from front, is what is currently on sale in India, it also has the white vinyl protective wrapping around the bumper which means it is a brand new piece and not something that has come for a service at some workshop. If that one is not on sale in Thailand anymore, that would mean this is a picture from India (still maybe for some export car made here. That is possible.)
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 16:41   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New Honda City to get all-new 1.5 petrol engine
Is it a good news or bad news. Hope it is not to cut costs like what VW did with the change from 1.2 TSI to 1.0 TSI. As per reviews 1.2 K series dual jet from Maruti is not more impressive than the old K12B even though the specs are better. City's USP is it's petrol engine. Hope Honda will not risk that.

Last edited by NICHE : 8th May 2020 at 16:42. Reason: Typo
Old 8th May 2020, 17:18   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
High-tech twin cam petrol unit is expected to be the engine of choice for the bulk of buyers.
Link
So Honda has decided to provide a DOHC setup, may perhaps also have variable valve timing. Good, but I honestly don't see what is relatively new in this compared to competition. The source Autocar article fails to mention what is 'high tech' in this engine (except for noting lightened rotating internals which always help in crispier throttle response).
avinash_clt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 17:38   #388
Senior - BHPian

Very refreshing to see that there is a new petrol engine. Though still competent, use of the same engine over and over again was an over-kill, and that weak bottom-end torque was the only fly in the ointment. So if the new engine addresses that, then it definitely is a welcome change
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 17:57   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
Is it a good news or bad news. Hope it is not to cut costs like what VW did with the change from 1.2 TSI to 1.0 TSI. As per reviews 1.2 K series dual jet from Maruti is not more impressive than the old K12B even though the specs are better. City's USP is it's petrol engine. Hope Honda will not risk that.
I personally welcome the change. I know that current 1.5L engine has most forum go ga-ga over it, but it's a getting bit long in the tooth when it comes to low end response (which it never had), refinement (Hyundai 1.6/1.5 are just as refined; 1.2 TSI was waay more refined, let alone 1.8TSI), and even top end pull (over-revving due to lack of 6th cog).

The current 1.5L one is still a good engine by today's standards - but it's far from excellence as it once was. good time to change I say!

PS: I know I am in minority here

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 8th May 2020 at 17:59.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 21:28   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
So Honda has decided to provide a DOHC setup, may perhaps also have variable valve timing. Good, but I honestly don't see what is relatively new in this compared to competition. The source Autocar article fails to mention what is 'high tech' in this engine (except for noting lightened rotating internals which always help in crispier throttle response).
Not much other than better low-end response and pick-up.

You can say that the "L15B" i-VTEC is a refreshed, updated "Earth Dreams" DOHC version of the stale "L15A" SOHC i-VTEC, with lighter crankshafts, all-new pistons, slightly bigger intake valves (~1mm each) and oil jets. The exhaust valves also saw a decrease from 38mm to 25mm. As a result, the compression ratio sees an increase to 11.5, from 10.8 in the older L15A.

Throttle response at low speeds would be better and crisp, as will be in-gear acceleration. It should make the i-VTEC a tad more responsive across RPMs in all gears.
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed