Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2020, 04:50   #466
BANNED

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
People who have the dough will probably spend on a Creta/Seltos.
May be true, but those fancy toys can never offer the status of a Grand City even with whatever stupid things Honda is going to do with this new car.
romeomidhun is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 06:15   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Budget conscious buyers will opt for the Ciaz. People who have the dough will probably spend on a Creta/Seltos.
True. The small SUV has just finished this segment. The city was an aspirational product 15 years ago. It has lost its mojo.
Sree is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 08:49   #468
Senior - BHPian

2020 Honda City compared to its rivals
Hyundai Verna
Maruti Ciaz
Volkswagen Vento
Skoda Rapid
Toyota Yaris

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-smartselect_20200619084224_chrome.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-smartselect_20200619084330_chrome.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-smartselect_20200619084342_chrome.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-smartselect_20200619084407_chrome.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-smartselect_20200619084422_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...parison-417698
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 11:29   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Not to forget the G force meter .

I think the new Honda City fills a neat void. Am more of a sedan person than a SUV guy and this more or less fits the bill (depending on pricing of course). Classy and premium looking with enough space and safety to work as a family car. Good engine and hopefully good driving dynamics for those of us who like to drive rather than be chaffeured. Latest features to keep up with the times. The Honda brand. Now it all depends on the pricing. <fingers crossed>.

In the same boat as you. Slightly more biased towards the Verna because I already drive a City, and would prefer the DCT+Turbo over CVT+NA. Also the cooled seats seem like a more practical feature in Delhi compared to lane watch camera and G-force meter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
6. All new product(not facelift).
7. More space.
True
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 12:03   #470
BHPian

Over the next 6-12 months I am looking to replace my 2004 Honda City GXi. The car has lost its registration (15 year rule in Delhi NCR). Despite being in a very good condition and only 83000 kms on the odometer it can't be taken out of the garage.

I will be looking to purchase the petrol AT model and hope Honda prices it well. A 15L OTR (Delhi) will be ideal.
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 13:27   #471
BHPian

Quote:

Budget conscious buyers will opt for the Ciaz. People who have the dough will probably spend on a Creta/Seltos. A City hybrid would have swayed many people.
Just curious - would someone looking for a C/ D segment sedan have an SUV in their consideration set? Or maybe am in a minority here..

I guess I would never consider the seltos or the creta if I were considering the City/ Ciaz / Verna.

A mild hybrid version as someone mentioned - if it had been there I would have worn my mask and gone to the Honda showroom rightaway.

Now I will wait for reviews and decide on this next year.
Nimz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 14:10   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just curious - would someone looking for a C/ D segment sedan have an SUV in their consideration set? Or maybe am in a minority here..

I guess I would never consider the seltos or the creta if I were considering the City/ Ciaz / Verna.
I think I fall into that category

If you look at the opening post of my Seltos ownership thread, the only car I had considered to buy last March was the new Honda City. After getting lukewarm responses from Honda dealerships and finally seeing the launch getting postponed, I jumped into the crossover category and Creta/Seltos were the main contenders. Finally went with Seltos. I did checkout few other sedans like Verna, Rapid but nothing excited me much. I still prefer driving a sedan over a crossover but looking at the conditions of roads in and around Bangalore, I thought a crossover with a high ground clearance would make more sense and went with it. I still sometimes feel that I should have waited for the new City as I’m in love with it’s styling since the day the pictures were released in Thailand.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 19th June 2020 at 14:28.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 16:01   #473
BHPian

Quote:

I think most of the normal buyers don't have a clear distinction on what vehicle type they are looking for, the budget is usually the main criteria. A lot of buyers generally prefer sedans but also consider SUVs owing to the poor state of roads in our country. And with the coming of CSUVs and mid-size monocoque SUVs like Creta, Seltos cross-shopping in the 12-17lacs segment is fairly common.
Back in 2014 when we bought our Honda City, we had checked out all possible options from the humble Xcent to the ecosport, Verna and the Duster
Candy$Cars is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 14:09   #474
BHPian

As someone who is in love with his 2010 City, if I were to buy a car in the C2 segment today, it'd definitely be the Seltos. Even if I forget the ground clearance, there are two strong reasons why:

1. The 4th gen city's quality was a downright betrayal of the trust of customers. Why would i trust the 5th gen untill I get positive reports from users after 3-4 years?

2. The top 2 variants of the Seltos drive (engine, gearbox, suspension) and look so premium from both the inside and outside that they feel more like D1 than C2.
evil_grin is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 18:21   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
I think most of the normal buyers don't have a clear distinction on what vehicle type they are looking for, the budget is usually the main criteria. A lot of buyers generally prefer sedans but also consider SUVs owing to the poor state of roads in our country. And with the coming of CSUVs and mid-size monocoque SUVs like Creta, Seltos cross-shopping in the 12-17lacs segment is fairly common.

Completely agree with this. Know many petrol-heads, who consider SUVs only because they seem to offer more space for same budget. The mindset of the common Indian car-buyer is slowly moving towards SUVs for the same reason. Half of those buyers don’t even use their cars outside the city.

Coming to 5th gen Honda City, it will still find buyers IMO.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 23:59   #476
BHPian

I sincerely hope they have improved the build quality. The 4th Gen had very weak plastic bumpers and such a super thin body shell. It becomes all the more important since Skoda started offering Rapid at almost half the price and a build quality that asians cannot even dream of.
Old 23rd June 2020, 15:09   #477
Senior - BHPian

Honda starts production of 5th-gen City in India

Honda has commenced production of the fifth generation City in India ahead of its July 2020 launch. The car is being manufactured at Honda's Greater Noida plant in Uttar Pradesh.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-5th-generation-all-new-honda-city-production-begins-india.jpg

The fifth generation City is based on a new platform. The car measures 4,549 mm in length, 1,748 mm in width, 1,489 mm in height and it has a wheelbase of 2,600 mm.

The new City comes with LED headlights and tail lights. It rides on 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels. On the inside, the new model comes equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that has Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity. It also gets a 7-inch digital instrument cluster.

The new City will be offered with a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine producing 119 BHP and 145 Nm. This engine will be offered with either a 6-speed manual or a CVT. The car will also come with a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel unit producing 98 BHP and 200 Nm. The diesel engine will be paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 20:01   #478
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the launch and reviews to come out. This is the only car launch that has the potential to rekindle the interest among buyers into this segment .
klgiridhar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 11:57   #479
Senior - BHPian

They have started the production but haven't announced the price? Am I correct?
Old 25th June 2020, 15:14   #480
Senior - BHPian

New Honda City bookings open ahead of July launch

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-smartselect_20200625151115_chrome.jpg

Fifth-gen Honda City to go on sale in mid-July 2020. Bookings can be done online or at the dealerships, Booking amount set at Rs 21,000 at dealerships,while the online booking amount is set at Rs 5000.

The company has begun dispatches of the new City to all its dealerships in India from June 23, 2020.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-launch-417741
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks