Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2020, 18:45   #766
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

The VX will do very well. It has everything minus ventilated seats which is an essential in my opinion. The ZX literally has nothing one can't live without in a car, or not be able to upgrade in the aftermarket accessory market.

Good for you Honda, somebody sensible has finally joined your board! The pricing is going to salivate potential buyers away from the very overpriced Seltos and Creta!
lemedico is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 19:31   #767
Senior - BHPian

All the variants are seriously loaded and ready to take on competition.

With remote start & remote AC turn on feature via connected car, I hope owners shall be able to 'pre cool' their cars in the summer ! Ventilated seats would have been icing on the cake.

The G meter is a nice show off gizmo as well.

Appreciable is the fact that all seatbelts (5) are 3 point seatbelts, and all 3 rear occupants get head rests.

Also notice how they have underlined the 'click feel AC dials' - tactile feedback is back in vogue.

VX (and maybe also V ?) gets full size spare tire wrapped over alloys - a rarity these days.

Overall, a big leap by Honda, seriously feels like a generation refresh (and not a mere facelift), with competitive pricing.
blackasta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 19:34   #768
BHPian

Relieved to see some decent moves from Honda's side. I really feel that CSUVs like Creta, Seltos, Ecosport, Nexon and XUV300 lack in terms of seating space and are overpriced. In none of these cars 3 "khaate peete ghar ke log" (means over healthy people) can sit abreast in the rear seat ie they are not even proper 5 seater cars.
Storm2.0 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 19:53   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
In none of these cars 3 "khaate peete ghar ke log" (means over healthy people) can sit abreast in the rear seat ie they are not even proper 5 seater cars.
Is there any car which can comfortably seat 3 "over healthy" people in the rear. May be Harrier because of its width
NICHE is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 20:09   #770
BHPian

I had visited Samara Honda showroom to see how good the new City is compared to 4th generation city. I felt interior slightly short in space overall compared to 4 th generation. The rear seats felt better in 4 th generation. Boot space is also less. Overall the car is good for price. Judging by number of enquires the salesman had, Honda has definitely a winner in their hands. Now only thing standing their way is Honda dealership attitude. Already I am seeing slight arrogance in Honda dealership.
Old 15th July 2020, 20:17   #771
Senior - BHPian

A black colour option would have been icing on the cake. I hope by next generation Honda will stop this gawdy chrome wing grille design. The tri arrow inspired grille would have looked good on this one instead.

Manufacturers should start bringing back yellow again. The Cedia Sports Yellow/Civic Type R yellow with that rear spoiler would stand out!

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 15th July 2020 at 20:21.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 20:33   #772
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Reasonable pricing by Honda. I don't think Creta/Seltos can match the City when it comes to space & knee room at the back! Btw, the shade of Radiant Red Metallic is the most striking of all colours, why didn't they showcase it to any of the auto journos for their reviews?
Old 15th July 2020, 20:51   #773
BHPian

This is just brilliant. Base variant gets all safety features. 4 airbags, Abs ebd ba, esp, tc, hh.
And convenience features like auto AC, cruise control, projector headlamps, AirPlay.
I always wondered why couldn’t Hyundai trade the sunroof and auto boot and wireless charge for the above safety kit in verna sx.
Thank you Honda.
carriage.retorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 21:06   #774
Distinguished - BHPian

While we are talking about the pricing and the features, it is important to note if they have addressed the elephant in the room - quality. Both build quality and part quality. This was Gen4’s biggest failure and will be the new car’s Achilles heel as well if Honda hasn’t sorted this out. What also needed fixing was the suspension. Rear ride quality was especially bumpy, so much so that the Uber WagonR took better care of your spine. How much better the new car is will be known after a full TBHP review. Both these areas must be fixed properly if the City is to retain buyer interest beyond the initial few months.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 15th July 2020 at 21:08.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 21:15   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
Relieved to see some decent moves from Honda's side. I really feel that CSUVs like Creta, Seltos, Ecosport, Nexon and XUV300 lack in terms of seating space and are overpriced. In none of these cars 3 "khaate peete ghar ke log" (means over healthy people) can sit abreast in the rear seat ie they are not even proper 5 seater cars.
While I agree to the sentiment being expressed here, I believe it's not appropriate to slot ecosport / nexon and creta / seltos together as they belong to different segments. Also agree to the fact that City is fairly spacious; however, I haven't faced any challenges in seating 3 normal folks in the rear seat of my Seltos.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 21:38   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
Is there any car which can comfortably seat 3 "over healthy" people in the rear. May be Harrier because of its width
The Honda Jazz does the job! Both the old gen, which I've had for 12 years, and also the current-gen. I've never had any trouble moving three well-built surgeons or four girlfriends seated in the rear

Last edited by lemedico : 15th July 2020 at 21:39. Reason: deletion of some words
lemedico is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 22:09   #777
BHPian

Suprised by the Pricing, to say the least. Kudos to Honda India for acknowledging the current scenario and pricing the car sensibly.

Honda has set a benchmark for safety by making 4 airbags standard across even the ‘base’ trim.

The Accessories like Seat Cover compatible with side airbags is a welcome move since most people prefer covers but can’t use them in cars with side airbags.

I’d love to see plenty of these like the current gen on the roads but without the niggles of the 4th Gen.
Old 15th July 2020, 22:17   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikidwhy View Post

Honda has set a benchmark for safety by making 4 airbags standard across even the ‘base’ trim.
I think Toyota had set the benchmark with 7 airbags in the Yaris even in the base variant and charging much lower than Honda. Even though they weren't able to capitalise much on this aspect else the price at which base variant of Yaris was launched it was a winner.
sv97 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 22:44   #779
Senior - BHPian

I don't think there any base variant in current line up. It starts with the mid variant.

I'm sure like the South East Asian countries we will soon have the equivalent E, S & SV variants.

I also believe if all goes well Honda could shed their inhibition & introduce the turbo petrol in top end trim.
Old 15th July 2020, 23:40   #780
BHPian

I only wish that Honda will come out with a SV variant soon with a price of Rs.9.99 Lakhs.

The V variant seems to be loaded very well with features(particularly relating to safety) compared to similarly priced sedans. The only grudge with be the skinny 175mm tyres and the steel spare wheel (against fitted alloys).

Below is a comparison of important features of V variant with other Sedans around the same Ex-showroom price.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-sedan-comparison.png
DImPo is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks