Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2020, 22:08   #991
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
I really like how the new City looks from the rear. You could mistake it for a 3 series replica. Does anyone know what the turning radius is?
CarDekho says that it's 5.3 metres but it mentions the same figure for 4th gen City as well. Assuming it is actually 5.3 for 4th gen, it might be minutely bigger for the 5th gen given that it is slightly wider.
Old 16th August 2020, 00:24   #992
BHPian

Actually, I am planning to buy the 5th Gen Honda City during festival season as this pandemic has made me wary of using public transport and the situation doesn’t seem to be improving in the near future. However, I am confused between City VX MT and City ZX MT. Looking at the differences between them both, the standout features in ZX are LED Headlights, Lane watch camera, LED interior lights etc.These features are not something which make much of a difference to me except the style quotient. In terms of safety, both get same number of airbags.

So, should I go for VX MT and save some money while spending a part of it on tyre upgrade? Also, what should be the suggested aspect ratio for 195 section tyres?

Thanks.
Amity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 01:21   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity View Post
Actually, I am planning to buy the 5th Gen Honda City during festival season as this pandemic has made me wary of using public transport and the situation doesn’t seem to be improving in the near future. However, I am confused between City VX MT and City ZX MT. Looking at the differences between them both, the standout features in ZX are LED Headlights, Lane watch camera, LED interior lights etc.These features are not something which make much of a difference to me except the style quotient. In terms of safety, both get same number of airbags.

So, should I go for VX MT and save some money while spending a part of it on tyre upgrade?
I have also been researching a lot on the City and yes, the VX trim makes the most sense. The headlights available on VX look pretty good to me, one can do without a lane watch camera and rest of the additions in ZX can be easily installed from the aftermarket if required.

The only vital difference between VX and ZX according to me are the seats. Based on all the videos I have seen, I feel there is a difference in the seat quality as well (apart from the difference of fabric vs leather) and as it has Seat airbags as well, it would be slightly tricky to to replace the original seat covers with after market ones.

However, I would recommend you go for the VX.

Do let me know which trim you finalize as well as which body color you go for, I am planning to buy it sometime early next year
AutoConsultant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 08:38   #994
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Have taken the CVT out for my usual weekend Lonavla run. Easily the smoothest automatic gearbox in the segment, due to the inherent nature of this kind of transmission. Very smooth, very seamless driving experience. Not for pedal to the metal aggressive drivers though. Rubber band effect is there but acceptably controlled. It's not excessive at all.

Photo from inside the car for a change due to the torrential rains.
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20200816_083352.jpg
GTO is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 09:11   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, should I go for VX MT and save some money while spending a part of it on tyre upgrade?
If you're not already stretching your budget for the VX, the ZX trim is worth the extra dough. It comes with better leather seats, lane watch, LED lighting, auto up/down on all power windows and some soft padding at places. More than anything else, factory-fitted leather upholstery is a big draw. You just can't get that finish in the aftermarket without compromising on airbag functionality.

Quote:
Also, what should be the suggested aspect ratio for 195 section tyres?
195/50 will make the already low-slung car lower. 205/50 offers least variation (0.4%) in overall diameter but tyre choices are limited. So 195/55 will be the safest bet with 1.7% variation and a lot of tyre options to choose from.

Last edited by self_driven : 16th August 2020 at 09:12.
self_driven is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 10:43   #996
Senior - BHPian

My BIL just took delivery of his ZX CVT in Chattisgarh. Cost him ~16.5L OTR IIRC. I have plans to travel there next month. Can't wait to thrash it around

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-fb_img_15975537438112.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-fb_img_1597553333484.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Nearly 60% demand for New-Gen Honda City is for top end trim.
Rajesh Goel, Senior Vice President and Director of Sales & Marketing, Honda Cars India said, As per the initial response, the top end ZX variant, with numerous segment-first features, is getting the maximum demand of almost 60%.
Agreed. Unless one has a tight budget for only V variant, ZX kind of makes sense. You get factory fitted features like leather upholstery which you can't get aftermarket without jeopardizing the safety aspect of side airbags. Add to that LEDs, lane watch camera, one touch up/down on all 4 windows and 1L seems worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya Gupta View Post
I am quite surprised that no one on this thread has confirmed having taken delivery of the 5th Gen City yet. Probably an indication that it hasn't really got off to a blazing start..?
Pretty much expected for following reasons:

1. Everyone needs a crossover these days. Even A-segment econo-boxes are being marketed as SUVs(mico-SUV?) by manufacturers
2. Heavy rains across the country will further make it tough for these low slung cars. During monsoon our country's pathetic road conditions get further highlighted and folks tend to realise the importance of that extra ground clearance.
3. Not to forget the pandemic is still at large. Job and business situation is still iffy forcing majority of folks to hold back their purchases.

Last edited by SoumenD : 16th August 2020 at 11:09.
SoumenD is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 10:56   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
My BIL just took delivery of his ZX CVT in Chattisgarh. Cost him around 16.5L OTR.
It is retailing at around 18l OTR in Bangalore, despite the pathetic road infrastructure here. What a pity!

Please do let us know your experience once you get to drive it..
Aditya Gupta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 14:40   #998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya Gupta View Post
It is retailing at around 18l OTR in Bangalore, despite the pathetic road infrastructure here. What a pity!

Please do let us know your experience once you get to drive it..
What does the V retail for here?
Old 16th August 2020, 15:28   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
What does the V retail for here?
As per the price list I had received last month, it was Rs. 15.4l for V CVT variant in Pearl White colour. I have attached it here for your & fellow BHPians' reference.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img20200716wa0007.jpg  

Aditya Gupta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 17:08   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh Goel, senior vice president and director, Sales and Marketing, Honda Cars India about turbo petrol in New Honda City

Quote:
No turbo, at least for now:
In the short term, we aren’t looking at a turbo unit. We believe that the new DOHC unit offers a perfect blend of drivability, performance and economy
https://www.autocarindia.com/intervi...plicity-418389
Venkatesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 20:08   #1001
BHPian

There has been a number of comments in this thread regarding the market share of Sedans being taken over by Sub 4 meter and Compact "SUV"s.

I do agree with the same. The reason could be a) the awareness of the advantages of higher GC in Indian road conditions and b) increasing options with launch of Hyundai Venue and Kia Seltos.

If the prices of Hyundai Venue is any indication, the Kia Seltos will have a range of Engine & Transmission options in the ex-showroom price range of Rs. 6.7 lacs for the 1.2 MPI MT HTE variant to Rs. 12.5 lacs for 1.5 CRDI VGT AT GTX variant.

This could pose problems for Sedans (Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Suzuki Ciaz, VW Vento, Skoda Rapid and Toyota Yaris), Compact Sedans(Suzuki Dzire, Honda Amaze, Ford Aspire and Hyundai Aura) and premium hatchbacks(i20, Jazz, Swift, Polo)

More missiles to shoot down the sales of Sedans are coming up within the next one year in the form of Renault Kiger, Nissan Magnite, Skoda Vision IN CSUV and VW Taigun.

Looks like it is difficult times ahead for Sedan & hatchback segments leading to higher discounts in the near future.

If Honda could launch a 1.5 IVTEC engine in the WRV, I would book it immediately.
DImPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 20:49   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, I am planning to buy the 5th Gen Honda City during festival season as this pandemic has made me wary of using public transport and the situation doesn’t seem to be improving in the near future.
So, should I go for VX MT and save some money while spending a part of it on tyre upgrade? Also, what should be the suggested aspect ratio for 195 section tyres?

Thanks.
VX makes more sense than ZX model. I bought V MT model as it didn't have sunroof with almost all features from ZX variant. New City has all traits of 3rd generation City which made the 3rd generation a success

P.S: kindly upgrade tyres if your planning to buy Honda City
FrozeninTime is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 09:45   #1003
BANNED

Walk around video of new Honda City V MT variant:

wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 09:51   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
VX makes more sense than ZX model. I bought V MT model as it didn't have sunroof with almost all features from ZX variant. New City has all traits of 3rd generation City which made the 3rd generation a success.
Congratulations on your new buy!

How has your experience been so far with respect to the engine, NVH, ride, quality levels and GC, amongst others? Does it live up to the hype surrounding it?
Aditya Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 12:31   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, I am planning to buy the 5th Gen Honda City during festival season as this pandemic has made me wary of using public transport and the situation doesn’t seem to be improving in the near future. However, I am confused between City VX MT and City ZX MT.

Thanks.
The VX would be definitely the must go in terms of feature and safety..
Going to the ZX trim gives you LED lights that last a lifetime and are bright and the sideview lane change camera besides the leather trim (leather is IMO just a bling bling feature without adding anything to the value of the car similar to sun roof/moon roof)..
Just the factory fitted LED light and the lane change camera makes a substantial difference.

The LED lights really make a difference during night driving and worth the upgrade..

So the most sensible option would be to go for the ZX option
ssenhyd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks