Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2020, 18:22   #1036
OSH
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
I just drove the City ZX Petrol MT. It has a digital Tachometer. It also has a horizontal line as G Meter Display. When one drives an iVtec, we look at the rev meter and I found it difficult as the digital needle was too short and of the same colour to decipher distinctively.
The digital display has quite a few options to choose from; one of them is the full analog style RPM meter which can be seen in the video.

The fonts and animations are so closely matched to the analog speedo meter that its hard to tell the difference at first glance.

Last edited by OSH : 7th September 2020 at 18:27.
OSH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 22:04   #1037
BHPian

Maybe we need to have a poll on the design of the new Honda City va the 4th generation . But for the revamped engine, headlights and disc brakes, the look and feel of the 4th gen would probably win Hands down as being more purposeful and aerodynamic.
Old 7th September 2020, 23:18   #1038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
Maybe we need to have a poll on the design of the new Honda City va the 4th generation . But for the revamped engine, headlights and disc brakes, the look and feel of the 4th gen would probably win Hands down as being more purposeful and aerodynamic.
I’ve noticed the car a couple of times on the roads after dark. The new LED lights seem pretty lousy as far as output goes. The throw and the intensity just didn’t seem to be there. They might look cool but if the illumination part is compromised, they are useless. Actual owners can shed more light on this, pun intended. My initial observations are rather bleak.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 01:11   #1039
BHPian

Good point on the efficiency of the headlights. So they are no better than the 4th gen. My vote is firmly with the 4th gen Honda. With the recent price reduction the V-MT comes under 10Lakhs ex-showroom making for an excellent VFM package
Old 9th September 2020, 13:59   #1040
BHPian

Can someone tell me if the auto-folding orvms can be installed on a V trim?
Old 9th September 2020, 15:50   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thmh View Post
Can someone tell me if the auto-folding orvms can be installed on a V trim?
AFAIK the auto folding functionality can be added to Power Adjustable ORVMs by adding a simple relay in the circuit. Not sure whether it requires any wire cutting etc which might have consequences on the electrical warranty.

I don't think any dealership will be willing to do that (you can still check once), just talk to any trusted car accessories shop and they would give you better clarity on this.
Old 9th September 2020, 18:03   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
AFAIK the auto folding functionality can be added to Power Adjustable ORVMs by adding a simple relay in the circuit. Not sure whether it requires any wire cutting etc which might have consequences on the electrical warranty.

I don't think any dealership will be willing to do that (you can still check once), just talk to any trusted car accessories shop and they would give you better clarity on this.
Thank you. I will try my luck with the dealership as they have been helpful till now. They may oblige during the free services and my car is due for the first free service.
Old 9th September 2020, 23:10   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I will try my luck with the dealership as they have been helpful till now. They may oblige during the free services and my car is due for the first free service.
Just out of curiosity, what made you choose City over a Verna or Rapid Rider? I keep dwindling between these 3
Old 10th September 2020, 09:29   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Just out of curiosity, what made you choose City over a Verna or Rapid Rider? I keep dwindling between these 3
I used to drive a Punto and it was an excellent car. But whenever I returned from my hometown, my luggage used to capture a portion of the rear seat making the rear seat occupants uncomfortable (including our cat who travels inside a cage). Hence a need for a bigger car.
I was eyeing for a >4m suv in 2021 but the Rapid rider announcement caught my attention. Since it's a sedan I thought of checking the new launched city as well.
Test drove City and it met most of my requirements (safety, space, relatively new model and a good boot)

Went to VW to see the vento (as skoda showroom wasn't close by) but there was no test drive car. However, when we sat inside, the cabin space was identical(atleast felt that way) to my Punto.
And the safety features were missing even in the top variant which was present in Base variant of city (4 airbags, esc, hill assist, brake assist). I spent few days comparing all the aspects between Vento/Rapid, Seltos and City.
Finalized the city and the only downside is the metal sheet on city is relatively thinner and I am hoping the structure is strong enough to keep the occupants safe.

And post sales services was also playing my mind. And went with a company that sells about 5000cars in a month against a company which sells about 500 cars which would mean lesser burden on those 5000 owners (eeks).
Thmh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 12:37   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I used to drive a Punto and it was an excellent car. But whenever I returned from my hometown, my luggage used to capture a portion of the rear seat making the rear seat occupants uncomfortable (including our cat who travels inside a cage). Hence a need for a bigger car.
I was eyeing for a >4m suv in 2021 but the Rapid rider announcement caught my attention.
Congrats on the car. Does the City have a temp gauge or just a warning indicator ? Also how is the ride with 4-5 people in the car? Does it have trouble over bad roads and large speed breakers?

Thanks.
Old 10th September 2020, 13:56   #1046
Distinguished - BHPian

I think Honda has an opportunity to take away the previous generation models of the City altogether from the market. They are causing confusion and not helping the novelty and technologically advanced positioning of the new City.

Instead they could introduce an SV variant of the new city by dropping a couple of cosmetic features like the alloy wheels, push button start etc, and throwing in a smaller 2 DIN audio instead of a touchscreen. Price the SV MT variant at 9.99 and City will be able to compete better with the Ciaz, Verna, Vento/Rapid etc. which all have variants priced below the 10 lakh mark.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 20:34   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Congrats on the car. Does the City have a temp gauge or just a warning indicator ? Also how is the ride with 4-5 people in the car? Does it have trouble over bad roads and large speed breakers?

Thanks.
Thank you
There is a temperature displayed in the MID and I am assuming it's the external temperature as I remember it was showing 20 something.
Ride with 4 people over bad roads was fine and I usually take it slow on potholes.
Regarding large speed breakers, I did a long trip of 500kms which had all sorts of speed breakers and the bottom did not scrape any time with a load of 2 people and some luggage.
But I did feel the uneasiness of being more mindful everytime a speedbreaker comes which wasn't the case with Punto.
Thmh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 10:49   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Honda City 5th Gen couple of days ago. Fortunately, a Ciaz was driving side by side, so I could make a visual comparison of two.
It was a dark brown ZX model, & IMO it looked smaller at the rear than Ciaz. Probably the rear design along with the colour do not do justice to the looks. Also, 185 section tyres result in empty looking wheel well.
The car drive well in bad roads near my residence & I assume the driver had little problems navigating bad roads that I encounter.
As a person who had used Hyundais a lot, dividing between Verna & City could be a tough choice. Only if Ford & Tata launch good mid size/ executive products.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 11th September 2020 at 10:51. Reason: Spelling Correction
Old 11th September 2020, 12:30   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Saw a Honda City 5th Gen couple of days ago.
It was a dark brown ZX model...
I spotted one today, and it was of the same colour. Looked like a mini Civic to me!

Definitely looks better in person than in photos. And about the rear, I agree. Looks tighter and more compact than the Ciaz.
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 12:34   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
I spent few days comparing all the aspects between Vento/Rapid, Seltos and City.
I don't know if you have considered the Yaris. I have purchased one and the safety features (7 airbags, 4 disc brakes) , good build etc are amazing. Yes the engine is weaker than the others but it's an amazing car. Toyota sales and service experience is an added bonus. If you consider VX then u get ESC, Hill Hold, Soundproof window glass, auto wipers. I think new Yaris comes with LED lights as well

Last edited by Palio_2005 : 11th September 2020 at 12:39.
Palio_2005 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed