Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2020, 14:23   #1066
Senior - BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thmh View Post
Dear Owners, I am at the showroom for the first free service of my City. The service guys were insisting on getting the underbody coating to prevent rusting. I know from experience that dealers usually try to throw these things in the free services (teflon coating, underbody coating, silencer coating etc). I kind of dodged it saying will get it done in the second service. The price they coated was 3200+gst. Does it make sense to get it done ?
This is reasonable price. If you get it from independent garage, you would only save on GST. I would suggest you to for underbody coating, whether from company ASS or outside.

PS : I would prefer independent garage for this. There's hardly any difference in quality & service for underbody coating.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 19:17   #1067
Senior - BHPian

1st Gen Honda City iVTEC drag races 5th Gen Honda City

Venkatesh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 13:25   #1068
BHPian

My cousin sister just took delivery of a petrol Lunar Silver ZX M/T from Vision Honda, Ernakulam.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-photo20200930121500.jpg

I suggested the CVT since the car is destined for Bangalore once she has to return to office but my uncle had some odd reservations about A/Ts (Long story. Less said the better).

As soon as I understood Honda has addressed most of the issues with the 4th Gen with this one, I felt that this is the obvious choice unless one doesn't want a sedan. And my cousin is definitely very impressed with the vehicle. As the family car consultant, nothing gives me more pride .

The car was pre-booked online on the first day that bookings opened. Details on the on-road price (including extended warranty) quoted by the dealer :

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot-20200930-12.54.52.png

For insurance, I checked with United India (my uncle's preferred insurance provider) and Kotak General and the quotes were Rs. 32,460/- and Rs. 39,425/- respectively. The United India quote includes Zero Dep, Consumables, Return to Invoice and Engine Protector while Kotak General misses out on Return to Invoice. We asked the dealer to match the price but they refused. Kotak General offers cashless claims for Honda but my uncle is quite friendly with United India, hence that's what they went with.

Final on-road price : Rs. 15,52,651/- (Includes the pre-booking amount).

We didn't go for the underbody coating (Haven't ever faced any issues without it). The car is heading to 3M tomorrow for PPF on the bumpers and mirrors.
saur95 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 20:18   #1069
BHPian

Came across this article on Autocarpro.

Though the main highlight of the article is that diesel's share in PV sales has come down to 19% (hardly suprising), I can't help but be amused that almost 5k petrol Honda City have been sold from April to August 2020, but not even a single diesel honda city had been sold. The only other car in this segment with a diesel engine is Verna, and has fair share of diesels in its sales numbers.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-0_0_0_0_70_https___www.autocarpro.in_portals_0_userfiles_17_midsized-sedans.jpg
(The image belongs to Autocarpro.in)

Is it that factory dispatches of 2020 diesel Honda City haven't been started, or have people forgotten about diesels?

Last edited by YD14 : 1st October 2020 at 20:21.
YD14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 02:22   #1070
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
Is it that factory dispatches of 2020 diesel Honda City haven't been started, or have people forgotten about diesels?
1. The numbers are driven by the 4th generation City which is running with discounts in parallel. I hear the 5th generation (which has a diesel option) isn't really moving off showroom floors as expected.

2. Verna has a clear advantage in diesel which a much better engine and also automatic option.

3. Only a very small minority prefers sedans these days. The worst selling compact SUV sells much more than the best selling C sedan. Very likely that the sedan customers are more petrol and city usage oriented.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd October 2020 at 02:28.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 06:50   #1071
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustavbecs View Post
The V variant has puny 185/60 R15 tyres with dated looking alloys. I want to change the tyres to R16 with better section width. Any suggestions on the optimal tyre profile?
You could go for 195/60 R15 or or 205/55 R15. Both result in circumference difference of less than 3% which is acceptable. These solutions do not need you to change the alloy wheels and will retain decent sidewall height for comfort.

If you want to change the alloy wheels to 16 inches, you can go for 195/55 R16 - going to 205 width on 16 inch wheel size would mean reducing sidewall width below 55 and this can compromise comfort.
84.monsoon is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 12:51   #1072
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda City holds on to its crown in Sept-20 too.

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 7166
Size:  71.3 KB

Source: Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 22:50   #1073
BHPian

Its finally time to bid goodbye to my dad's 2015 Rapid 1.5 TDi. Chiefly due to the local dealer on the verge of closing down and spares taking way longer than usual to arrive. My dad is nearing his retirement and hence does not have much energy or time to keep visiting the dealer or any FNG for any car related issue(my parents stay in Bilaspur, C.G).

His primary requirement is a sedan and both my parents just loathe this new trend of SUVs/Crossovers taking over the market and making C-segment sedans almost disappear(they love my Ecosport though). The car will be used for his daily office runs and other errands in the city. After sales was of utmost importance since Skoda is not particularly known for it and moreover it did not make any sense to buy another Rapid. VW dealer is already closed down and Ciaz is too old now plus my mom is particularly wary of cheap plastic smell inside the cabin(no offence meant to any owner). So, the final decision is between Verna diesel MT and City petrol MT.

Verna has entered into dicy grounds since unknowingly my mom felt the same uneasiness inside the cabin due to the plastic smell as Ciaz. So, right now heavily inclined towards City. I took a TD here but found the headroom to be too less for my liking even after adjusting the seat to its lowest height. Has anybody else experienced this? For reference I am 5'10" and like to adjust the seat to the lowest position in any car I drive.

My father on the other hand did not find it too much of an issue though. He is 5'8" but felt really comfortable in the Honda City. The icing on the cake was we all found interiors of the City superior to the Verna. But me and my dad are more inclined towards the Verna since we have been driving diesels since 2011 and love their torquey nature. But Honda City was a hoot to drive too. I test drove it only inside the city since that is where it will be used most of the time and very rare highway runs. I found the car to be the perfect place for my ageing parents. Soft suspension, plush interiors, easy to drive due to the soft clutch and also way better after sales of Honda compared to Skoda are tilting the needles heavily in favour of the Honda City. Lets see, the next week will be the deciding one since we are yet to test drive the Hyundai Verna diesel but mostly Honda City it will be.

One more info to add and one question to the owners of the 5th Gen City, we are only looking at the top models of the respective cars, but since after taking delivery, my parents will be driving down to Pune, a distance of almost 1300 kms, when is the first service due for the City and at what kms? Thanks a lot in advance!
tp_dominator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 05:25   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
When is the first service due for the City and at what kms?
https://www.hondacarindia.com/honda-...tofmaintenance

From the link above, the first service (10,000kms) for a petrol MT 2020 City is after 12 months and should cost 2461 in Pune (if you use synthetic oil). Actual owners feel free to correct me.

The City is in a different league when it comes to stress free ownership compared to a Hyundai - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-response.html (Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!)
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 08:10   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
l took a TD here but found the headroom to be too less for my liking even after adjusting the seat to its lowest height. Has anybody else experienced this? For reference I am 5'10" and like to adjust the seat to the lowest position in any car I drive.
This was one of the deal breakers for me. I am 6'1 and the new City's headroom was very cramped.
iamitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 08:38   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
when is the first service due for the City and at what kms? Thanks a lot in advance!
I got my first service done. It's at 1k kms or 30days whichever is earlier.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th October 2020 at 20:30. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Thmh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 17:06   #1077
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
If you want to change the alloy wheels to 16 inches, you can go for 195/55 R16 - going to 205 width on 16 inch wheel size would mean reducing sidewall width below 55 and this can compromise comfort.
Going to book ZX MT mentioning spec is 185/55 R16 X 6 J Alloy Diamond cut & Two tone wheels. Changing with 195/55 R16 wheel would not affect design criteria and stability ? Also, not sure taking extra warranty for 4th and 5th year worth to take or not as this city remain as single handed use.
Old 8th October 2020, 18:05   #1078
BHPian

Staying in Mumbai, by the sea, I have decided to forego my purchase decision on buying the Honda city. Reason being Honda Sheet metal is absolutely horrendous. I own a 3rd gen Ivtec 2011 model and prior to that a 2002 Type 2 Honda city. Both these cars have rusted in places one could never imagine. Almost every single body part catches rust. You name it the cowl, the bonnet, the doors, the roof rail grooves, the boot area etc. We live by the sea and I do understand the effect of salty wind on the sheet metal of cars, but then again we also own a 2011 Volkswagen Vento which has not rusted at all. Same with a Hyundai I10.
The moment the car starts to rust it just starts breaking like a biscuits. And off course, do not get me started on the water leakage issue during the rains, its a joke. Its like a moving water harvesting vehicle. I really wonder if the new city has a better quality of sheet metal.
raycers_honda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 23:15   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
Changing with 195/55 R16 wheel would not affect design criteria and stability ? Also, not sure taking extra warranty for 4th and 5th year
Your car's ground clearance will increase along with minor incorrect speedo/odo ratings. Check this with any online tyre upgrade calculator. However, ride quality/handling will definitely improve. Overall, not a problem.
Warranty should always be taken. Period. It will help even in case of early sell-of.

Congratulations on the city!
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 23:11   #1080
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Your car's ground clearance will increase along with minor incorrect speedo/odo ratings. Check this with any online tyre upgrade calculator. However, ride quality/handling will definitely improve. Overall, not a problem.
Warranty should always be taken. Period. It will help even in case of early sell-of.

Congratulations on the city!
Thanks Bro. for wishes. Please share more details if you have experience before and after tyre upgrade.

Well, improving ride quality with upgrade tyre, probably would not be reason of disturbing any aerodynamics or basic design criteria set by Honda Engineer ?

I am not sure and would like to learn from other members if have facts and figure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks