Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2020, 14:17   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Honda City Records Highest Sales In 21 Months – Beats Ciaz, Verna For Oct 2020

Honda City sells 4125 Units in October 2020

New City seems to have clicked well for Honda. Hope this does not put them in to further laziness in bringing other models to India
Again, these are combined Gen4 + Gen5 numbers. How much the new Gen 5 City is selling is anyone’s guess. I have hardly seen any new Citys going around on Delhi roads.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 14:46   #1112
Senior - BHPian

While we don't have the numbers I doubt people would be buying more of the old model. A majority of the chunk would be the newer one since the old one was doing around 2k or less a month. The Diwali will be a bit brighter for Honda this year. What seems to be seen if the City can keep up with the SUV trend in the market.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 17:29   #1113
Senior - BHPian

The 4th gen hasn't been on sale in 2 months. Atleast that is what many prospective customers have said in various Honda City groups. They were told that stock of 4th gen City is reduced and some variant is only ordered on request. Not sure if the situation has changed but this was what many would be customers have shared on Facebook groups.
Old 4th November 2020, 17:33   #1114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
The 4th gen hasn't been on sale in 2 months. Atleast that is what many prospective customers have said in various Honda City groups. They were told that stock of 4th gen City is reduced and some variant is only ordered on request. Not sure if the situation has changed but this was what many would be customers have shared on Facebook groups.
Sir the Gen4 is totally available, at least here in and around Delhi NCR. We had visited the showroom a few days back regarding the Civic. Gen 4 was available, it had some offers running on it and the SA had casually mentioned that it still sells more than the new car.
Old 4th November 2020, 17:40   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
Does option for airbag compatible seat covers from the authorized dealership a good idea?

I am not a fan of all beige interiors and would love to opt for black seat covers with beige accents.
I would recommend to stay away from such jugaad options, especially when they concern the occupant safety during a potential crash. Is this a Honda endorsed fitment? If not, its a no-no in my opinion. I would live with the beige colour rather than regret the scenario where a side airbag deployment malfunctions because of a dealer fitment.
Old 4th November 2020, 18:05   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I would recommend to stay away from such jugaad options, especially when they concern the occupant safety during a potential crash. Is this a Honda endorsed fitment? If not, its a no-no in my opinion. I would live with the beige colour rather than regret the scenario where a side airbag deployment malfunctions because of a dealer fitment.

I was also skeptical about them but saw them being listed as official accessory on Honda's website so thought of asking on the forum to get an opinion.

Another reason to switch to leather ones is that the beige fabric ones will be a stain magnet.
I am now confused !!!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-honda.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf all-new-honda-city-accessories-brochure(1).pdf (3.99 MB, 862 views)
sonil.luthra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 19:22   #1117

I went ahead with getting them on my V-MT.
It is listed in Honda's website as compatible.
Old 4th November 2020, 19:29   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaraa View Post
Hi Folks! I recently took delivery of a Honda City V CVT in Golden Brown. I am looking forward to penning down a brief review soon. I was wondering if I should go for teflon coating, under body coating, etc. If so, then I would be grateful for some suggestions for good places in South Delhi. Thanks in advance!
Underbody coatings only get from 3m outlet. Check with the Adhchini Store. Has 1 year or 3 years package.

For paint protection (a must considering the thin OEM paint and Delhi dust+fly ash+ pollution) contact Superluxe automotives Shalimar Bagh. 9899055546/47-Speak to Vimanya and take my ref (Black Abarth Punto that hes currently working on).

I would rate his one as the best currently.
sidindica is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 19:30   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was also skeptical about them but saw them being listed as official accessory on Honda's website so thought of asking on the forum to get an opinion.

Another reason to switch to leather ones is that the beige fabric ones will be a stain magnet.
I am now confused !!!
If the car does have side airbags, avoid installing seat covers.
sidindica is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 13:10   #1120

Quote:
Does option for airbag compatible seat covers from the authorized dealership a good idea?

I am not a fan of all beige interiors and would love to opt for black seat covers with beige accents.
I opted for airbag compatible seat covers sold by the dealer as an official Honda accessory. There were four beige options and one black option. Happy to share the picture here so that you can see how it looks up close.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-seat-cover-black.jpg  

Last edited by akumaraa : 5th November 2020 at 13:20.
akumaraa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 13:24   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I opted for airbag compatible seat covers sold by the dealer as an official Honda accessory. There were four beige options and one black option. Happy to share the picture here so that you can see how it looks up close.
Can you let us know the cost of them please? I am assuming you going for the V or VX model since the ZX comes with leather seats.

Thanks.
Old 5th November 2020, 13:29   #1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Can you let us know the cost of them please? I am assuming you going for the V or VX model since the ZX comes with leather seats.

Thanks.
Certainly. I paid Rs. 10,999. I bought the V model.
akumaraa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 13:39   #1123

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaydh View Post
My suggestions for you - stay away from teflon and ceramic coatings. While they might look very appealing, it's ALWAYS better to spend that money on a pressure washer, car shampoo ,microfiber cloths, etc and use them for every wash religiously. It's much better for the paint as compared to using an old wet cloth which we normally use.
Also, we're waiting for some pictures
Thanks for the tip! I have only taken a couple of pictures so far. Here they are. I hope to take a few more later when I go for a long drive.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20201021_164538.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20201021_165922.jpg  

akumaraa is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 19:04   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! I have only taken a couple of pictures so far. Here they are. I hope to take a few more later when I go for a long drive.
Any idea if Honda allows you an option to swap out 15" alloys in V with the 16" in VX. If we can get those diamond cut 16" on V variant.
Old 5th November 2020, 19:20   #1125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if Honda allows you an option to swap out 15" alloys in V with the 16" in VX. If we can get those diamond cut 16" on V variant.
nobody can disallow that. Its just they wont buyback the 15" alloys and tyres. You will need to buy the 16" alloys as a accessory from Honda. tyres can be bought from anywhere. Plus you will need to ensure you may need to add accessory alloys in insurance so you get the claim in case.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed