Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2020, 15:55   #1141
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

hi,

Got delivery of our radiant red Zx CVT city on 13/11/2020 and though i have been a Suv guy for quite some time and the idea of a sedan was just not that appealing, but needed a car for daily commute and the endeavour is a bit of a tittanic in Delhi traffic, plus you cant take it everywhere because of parking hassles.

Had booked the Thar as a daily driver as i was the only one who would be using it solely,but the huge circus that Mahindra has created was just to much to digest with delivery being postponed month on month, so cancelled the Thar and then started again on what should i get.Came across discounts on the Civic went to the showroom to book it took a TD loved the Civic,while there Td'ed the City as well and somehow it felt more fun to drive,booked the city then the ZX Cvt.

Changed the Oem Bridgestones as soon as i came out of the showroom straight away changed to Michelins 205/55/16 on stock alloys, i sort of love the alloy design on the city so decided to retain the stock alloys.

Things i love about the car in the first 500 km that i have driven it-
1. The engine is fantastic i mean absolutely a gem of a engine revs like crazy an absolute hoot to drive.

2. The steering is pin point precise and light as a feather gives you supreme confidence, i detest driving my Scorpio now the steering on that is well lets just leave it at that.

3. having driven SUV for so long i forgot what fun it is to drive a well handling sedan with a gem of a free revving engine i absolutely love driving this car it keeps me grinning ear from ear

The 1 and only one thing i do not love about this car is that all of a sudden i am being pushed around in traffic i mean it gets real irritating with people just randomly cutting lanes and forcing into your lane, however just to retain my sanity i use the endeavor or Scorpio twice a week lol.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_2475.jpg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 15:58   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
hi,

Got delivery of our radiant red Zx CVT city on 13/11/2020 and though i have been a Suv guy for quite some time and the idea of a sedan was just not that appealing, ..
Congrats on the car, she is a real beauty. Can you comment on the build quality and ground clearance? Is the clearance manageable?

White lettering on the tyres look awesome.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 19th November 2020 at 15:59.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 16:11   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Things i love about the car in the first 500 km that i have driven it-
1. The engine is fantastic i mean absolutely a gem of a engine revs like crazy an absolute hoot to drive.
Congrats on the City. Fellow City iVTEC lover here, though I have the earlier gen. You are spot on, the engine is an absolute hoot and a half to drive, and the best thing I like about it is the sharp throttle response in lower revs, makes it super easy to pilot on normal city commutes. On open roads - downshift, slam the throttle, and off you go I was initially skeptical about the length of the car when I started driving it, being used to small hatchback before this, but the City has a way of shrinking around you and making it real easy to pilot around town.

Enjoy, this is a lovely car that you have picked up!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 19th November 2020 at 16:13.
arindambasu13 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 20:50   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
hi,

Got delivery of our radiant red Zx CVT city on 13/11/2020
Congrats on your new ride. The white lettering on the tires looks awesome

Did you purchase tires with those lettering or did you get them painted ?

Would you mind sharing some details please
Old 20th November 2020, 09:03   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
. Can you comment on the build quality and ground clearance? Is the clearance manageable?
Well if i compare the build quality against my gen2 accord or passat that we had its no where close i mean be it toyota or honda the build quality of cars 10 years back vis a vis now is cleary evident they look to cut corners everywhere but it is not something which is a dealbreaker. However in my opinion the plastics used on the doors and dash could have been a little more premium for a car which is north of 16 lakhs

The clearence is perfect faced no issues so far its more then adequate but then again i am the only one driving 90% of the times so cant comment on how it is with 4-5 people in the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I was initially skeptical about the length of the car when I started driving it, being used to small hatchback before this, but the City has a way of shrinking around you and making it real easy to pilot around town.

Enjoy, this is a lovely car that you have picked up!
With me it was the other way around i felt better driving this in traffic as i wanted a smaller car for daily commuting in cut throat traffic with ease of the cvt it is just lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post

Did you purchase tires with those lettering or did you get them painted ?

Would you mind sharing some details please
I get all my tyres lettered somehow looks real nice to me, there is a guy who does this and customizes any design you want and comes and installs it for an additional fee or he ships and one can install himself, i am no where affliated with him but he goes by the name of tyre decor on Facebook you may look him up.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 11:43   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Started seeing the city in quite some numbers now.

Although on paper it appears to be larger, when viewed directly it appears smaller in size to the ciaz. Anyone else seems to observe that ?

Any idea when the official review will be out ?
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 12:26   #1147

Its finally here! Took it out for a drive with the family on Airport road for dinner at Indian Paratha Company.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20201120-00.08.51.jpeg

I cannot believe how amazing the engine is and how smooth the car is. There's a bit of road noise but I guess that is from the over pressurized tyres - Factory says 32 for front and 30 at the back but I'm sure the showroom over pumped it.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20201120-00.28.18.jpeg

Waiting for the weekend desperately now. Long drives coming up! The live mileage shows 12.8 at this point.

Like: Everything. That CVT is butter!
Unlike: The horn. That thing is horrible! Feels like its designed for the cabin rather than for other vehicles around you.
ashwin_murali is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 12:55   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_murali View Post
Its finally here! Took it out for a drive with the family on Airport road for dinner at Indian Paratha Company.
Congratulations on your purchase Ashwin! Looks awesome..

I had a few questions:
- From which showroom did you purchase it and how was your experience?
- How much was the waiting period?
- Are there any discounts / offers available at the dealerships?
- Any challenges with the ground clearance on Bangalore roads yet?
- Did the LED headlamps perform well on the highway at night?
Aditya Gupta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 13:34   #1149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya Gupta View Post
Congratulations on your purchase Ashwin! Looks awesome..
Thanks a lot!

I had a few questions:
Quote:
- From which showroom did you purchase it and how was your experience?
Whitefield Honda. The experience was smooth. I'd personally vouch for Mr. Dhanush who handled things for us there.
Quote:
- How much was the waiting period?
We initiated the process on 13th Nov. Got the car yesterday. They seem to have stock. There were 3 Honda City's decked for delivery yesterday including ours.
Quote:
- Are there any discounts / offers available at the dealerships?
I got them to give me a discount on the Basic kit - pillow, hammer, keychains, microfibre cloth, carpets, etc. And a bit on the 4th and 5th year RSA. Depends on how much you can negotiate. I had a quote from Dakshin Honda when I walked in here and we got it done. But no specific offers on the 5th gen since the model itself is just starting to sell.
Quote:
- Any challenges with the ground clearance on Bangalore roads yet?
I dont see major issues. I was scared about it on the ride yesterday but did not scrape anywhere except once in Jivan Bhima nagar main road. Thanks to BBMP trying to replicate the moon's surface here in Namma bengaluru!
Quote:
- Did the LED headlamps perform well on the highway at night?
I think the Headlights are placed lower than I'd like. So for me, it was a bit hard to drive on the NH without a high beam. The throw and reach are brilliant though. And the visibility is beautiful.

I hope this answers all questions...
ashwin_murali is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 14:02   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_murali View Post
Thanks a lot!
Whitefield Honda. The experience was smooth. I'd personally vouch for Mr. Dhanush who handled things for us there.
Thanks for your prompt & elaborate response!

I had a good experience with Whitefield Honda last time when I made a purchase there back in 2012 but have been going to Dakshin / Sapphire Honda for the service, given that they are nearby. Good to know that they continue to do well. I will enquire about Mr Dhanush when I am there..

The lesser said about Bangalore roads, the better it is

Anyways, all the best with your new City!
Aditya Gupta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 14:13   #1151
gus
BHPian

I may be an odd one out but is there anybody else who is not happy with the ride quality and noise insulation of city ? I felt the ride of the city to be a bit floaty. Not sure If I am the only one here or others have felt it too. I feel city has turned into more of a chauffer driven car rather than a driver's delight. I may be wrong but when I took the test ride I kind of expected more.
Maybe I had higher expectations or maybe its true.

However one thing is for sure, city now looks and feels very very luxurious inside out and is sure to get you attention. Ample attention.
Feel pity for other sedans in the same category, they may be better to drive but wont make you feel like a Nawaab.
gus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 15:17   #1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
I may be an odd one out but is there anybody else who is not happy with the ride quality and noise insulation of city ? I felt the ride of the city to be a bit floaty. Not sure If I am the only one here or others have felt it too. I feel city has turned into more of a chauffer driven car rather than a driver's delight. I may be wrong but when I took the test ride I kind of expected more.
Maybe I had higher expectations or maybe its true.

However one thing is for sure, city now looks and feels very very luxurious inside out and is sure to get you attention. Ample attention.
Feel pity for other sedans in the same category, they may be better to drive but wont make you feel like a Nawaab.
Haha! Nawaab feel is definitely there.

I upgraded from an i20 petrol. So yes, the NVH levels are definitely better or at-least comparable on the new city vs the i20.

I dont understand what you mean by a floaty ride..

I test drove the XUV and the Skoda Rapid before settling on the city. This car was not even on my list of buys. We just thought okay wait, automatic, what cars exist, okay city, lets buy...

So in that aspect, the city is definitely the least noisy cabin I've been in.
ashwin_murali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 23:09   #1153
BHPian

Loved the puddle lamp on my city saw it for the first time today looks fabulous and is well aligned
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-b1356da07e3a408b82ba435069c1c06c.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:11   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Loved the puddle lamp on my city saw it for the first time today looks fabulous and is well aligned
If this is factory fitted lamp which comes standard with the higher variants?
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:39   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
If this is factory fitted lamp which comes standard with the higher variants?
No sir, comes as an add on accessory from honda itself could have gotten it cheaper outside but did not want the hassle of visiting a market in these times for accessory installation. Got the spoiler, footwell lights, puddle lamps and backlit scuff plates from the showroom itself.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks