Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2020, 19:13   #1156

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

A Quick question to the owners on this thread. Does the 5th gen Honda City have rain sensing wipers?

I remember my sales executive telling me something about it... But when I took the car out in the rain today, the wipers did not turn on automatically.

What am I missing?

For ref, I have the ZX CVT Petrol.
Old 27th November 2020, 00:20   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_murali View Post
A Quick question to the owners on this thread. Does the 5th gen Honda City have rain sensing wipers?
Check this video for settings (it is in Hindi).

Old 27th November 2020, 08:01   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_murali View Post

I remember my sales executive telling me something about it... But when I took the car out in the rain today, the wipers did not turn on automatically.

What am I missing?

For ref, I have the ZX CVT Petrol.
Now that you have mentioned it, I cant find it in the brochure or online .

I think it was something we took for granted.
Old 27th November 2020, 08:19   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Check this video for settings (it is in Hindi).
Looks like 5th generation City does not have rain sensing wipers.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20201127081719766_com.google.android.youtube.jpg  

Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 11:28   #1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Looks like 5th generation City does not have rain sensing wipers.
Thats true. I dont see an auto option in the wiper stalk.
ashwin_murali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 01:08   #1161

Any idea on what tyre pressure the TRPM starts showing warning in the new city? Initially, the TRPM warning for my brand new city was not going away. As part of the first service, the service center guys did something with the electricals and now the car stopped showing warning altogether - even if the tyre pressure goes down to 25psi.
Old 30th November 2020, 13:09   #1162
BHPian

I don't think it shows the warning at a particular tyre pressure because the deflation warning system doesn't actually measure the exact tyre pressure in each wheel, it compares the rolling radius of each wheel to check whether a tyre is underinflated.
We should also initialise the deflation warning system every time we change the tyre pressure, maybe the service center initialised the system when the tyre pressure was low and the car doesn't show the warning now. Did you initialise the system after inflating the tyres to the specified pressure?
Old 30th November 2020, 14:25   #1163

Hi, I wanted to ask about the Honda connect safety feature, with all the car thefts these days how safe is the assumption that Honda car connect with anti theft features ( more like tracking devices) is good enough deterrent for thieves or is the anti theft system just a eye wash and can easily be compromised, as i plan to buy CVT model i cant use the trusted mechanical gear box lock anymore on this variant so thought of asking fellow forum members if anyone else uses anything for securing the vehicle.
Old 30th November 2020, 22:14   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas2244 View Post
Hi, I wanted to ask about the Honda connect safety feature, with all the car thefts these days how safe is the assumption that Honda car connect with anti theft features ( more like tracking devices) is good enough deterrent for thieves or is the anti theft system just a eye wash and can easily be compromised, as i plan to buy CVT model i cant use the trusted mechanical gear box lock anymore on this variant so thought of asking fellow forum members if anyone else uses anything for securing the vehicle.
I think there is a Geo Fencing Option. There is also the option of disabling the car via the connected phone.

If you want to go old school, there are automatic gear lock systems. I remember seeing something like that during my childhood in the middle east. Or you can also use the steering anti theft lock system.
Old 1st December 2020, 13:16   #1165
Senior - BHPian

I reckon Team-BHP mods are polishing spic and span the new City review, can't wait to read the report even though have seen numerous videos on the City. Saw one live the other day and the car definiyely looks bigger than the previous model. Also I was wondering does the infotainment unit has it's own navigation with pre-loaded maps? or Android auto-google maps is the only navigation is what one is getting?

Thanks.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 13:30   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I reckon Team-BHP mods are polishing spic and span the new City review, can't wait to read the report even though have seen numerous videos on the City.
Honestly, I’m disappointed if this is indeed the direction this forum is heading in.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4938793 (Behind the Scenes: How Press & Media Drives Work)
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 16:03   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Also I was wondering does the infotainment unit has it's own navigation with pre-loaded maps? or Android auto-google maps is the only navigation is what one is getting?

Thanks.
The infotainment does not have it's own navigation. Android auto (google maps) works well.
Siva Prakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 20:33   #1168
BHPian

Are we getting an official review for the 5th gen Honda City?

IMHO, the City is a lot more relevant to the market than the MG Gloster (as an example), which did get an official review.
Aaron:) is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 20:58   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
I reckon Team-BHP mods are polishing spic and span the new City review, can't wait to read the report even though have seen numerous videos on the City. Also I was wondering does the infotainment unit has it's own navigation with pre-loaded maps? or Android auto-google maps is the only navigation is what one is getting?
Looks like we may not get a full Team-BHP official review of 5th Gen City. See https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4938793 (Behind the Scenes: How Press & Media Drives Work)

Apple CarPlay or Android Auto is your navigation solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Honestly, I’m disappointed if this is indeed the direction this forum is heading in.

Me too. Honda City IS an important car for Indian masses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post

IMHO, the City is a lot more relevant to the market than the MG Gloster (as an example), which did get an official review.
Totally agree.
sam264_2000 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 10:00   #1170
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
I reckon Team-BHP mods are polishing spic and span the new City review
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
the City is a lot more relevant to the market than the MG Gloster (as an example), which did get an official review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Looks like we may not get a full Team-BHP official review of 5th Gen City.
I think the MG Gloster like short overview won't be enough for the new City and hence the mods are taking their time to come up with the good old full-fledged review.

There is a delay no doubt but lets wait a little more for it. The previous gen's review thread has its name changed so I am assuming the 5th gen's review is coming soon.

Last edited by OSH : 2nd December 2020 at 10:03.
OSH is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks